Ch. O9

Yesterday, Im yours

Chapter 09

That day, Hyejin waited for V.

She immediately ran outside the school grounds and waited for him at the gate. She hid herself behind a huge tree just in case someone who knows Hyojin sees her.

'What should I say to him? How should I greet him?' Hyejin thought as she waited anxiously for a familiar face to pop up in a flood of people who passes through the gate.

It was midafternoon and the sun already prepares to set. Hyejin felt her heart skip a beat when the rays of the sun shone brightly over a blonde guy with a sharp expression.

His hair reflected the sun's shiny color, but his face says the opposite. His cold eyes froze the warmness of the sun; he ignored the stares and gazes of people that is either because of amusement or just curiosity.

He didn't care.

A cold hand grabbed his collar out of the blue and pulled him away from the crowd's vision.

 In a swift move, Taehyung locked the offender over the tree as a defense. It didn't took him so long to realize that it was a girl.

He saw the back of his arm placed above the girl's chest to push her against the tree and his other arm locking the girl's hand above her head.

They are in a very awkward state.

Taehyung immediately pushed himself away as he saw Hyojin's hurt expression.

Hyojin coughed a little before speaking up but Taehyung turned his back already and took a step away from her.

"Wait! V! It's me!" Hyojin shouted. She winced when she felt  a nerve pulsed on her right arm, the one that Taehyung grabbed earlier.

"I know It's you. That's why I'm walking away." Taehyung said coldy as he turned his head to Hyojin just to walk away again.

"No, wait! It's me Hy--"

"You can't tell him that you're Hyejin. Don't waste your only chance just because of a rash decision."

She stopped calling out for V when she heard Suga's voice behind her. But Taehyung won't see Suga, she knows that.

"What? Are you done? If you are, then I'm going home." Hyojin saw his back walking away from her and a tear would fall out from her eye if Taehyung didn't turn his back again.

"Ah, just a piece of advice." He said.

She straightened her back and choked back her tears.

"Stop following me. If you really knew what I did that day, you wouldn't be standing here in front of me and you'll start running away."

The words sounded like a thousand bombs in her ears. Her vision turned fuzzy with the tears she kept holding back. When Hyojin saw Taehyung's retreating back, her knees collapsed on the ground as if they were lifeless.

The words kept echoing through her head and It was the worst feeling ever. It is much worse than an amnesiac who tries to remember what she forgot.

Because she's not an amnesiac.

No matter how hard she thinks, nothing will come up on her head. The memories of Hyojin were not a part of her.

Because they are both different people.

What happened that day? What did Taehyung do? Why would he say something like that? 

So many questions flooding up her mind, enough to make her collapse and lose consciousness.