Gangsta Boy 5

Gangsta Boy

Hello readers. I'm back with an update again. :D Bear in mind that this is still in the present time and the continuation from the previous chapter. :) Well, I hope you will enjoy this fic update and I'm looking forward to what you have to say for this chapter. ^_^ Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting for Gangsta Boy. ^_^

Chapter 5

At the Red Phoenix mansion

The ringing of cell phone reverberated throughout the dark room. It kept on ringing and waking up one lone figure that was sleeping soundly on the maroon coloured King Size bed. The figure stirred from her deep sleep and reached out to her cell phone near the table lamp beside the bed. She pushed herself to a sitting position and leaned her back on the bed’s headboard. She looked at the caller’s ID and her eyes immediately open widely. Oppa? She turned to her right side and discovered that her husband was not in bed as it was when they went to sleep that night.

She picked up the phone and the ringing stopped. “Oppa? Where are you? One second you’re beside me and the next you’re gone.” She said.

“Mian HyunAe. I didn’t want to wake you up just now. But I have to ask you to do something, can you?” The husband said with urgency in his voice.

“Neh oppa. What is it?” HyunAe asked while sweeping her long blonde bangs from her face to the side.

“I want you to get dress now. Wake Hyerin up and ask her to accompany you to the Lee Mansion.” He instructed her carefully. Trying to stay calm in delivering the news to his wife.

“Neh. But why do we have to go to the Lee Mansion this early in the morning?” she asked when she saw that it’s three something in the morning.

“HyunAe, Jinki hyung was shot in the head by Joon and now still in the emergency room. I called Jihyun to deliver the news but I think she only listened to the part where Jinki hyung was shot and the line went dead. I tried to call her back but I can’t get through anymore. I’m worried if something happened to her.” He said. Explaining the situation at hand to HyunAe.

HyunAe was so shocked to receive the news that she was rendered speechless for a while. How would Jihyun reacted? She can only imagine how the news will affect Jihyun. She was so happy in the afternoon. Eager to bring the good news to Jinki oppa. But this thing happened. HyunAe begin to worry about Jihyun greatly. The emotion of a pregnant woman is all over the place when they were in their early stage. She quickly pushed the coverlet from her body and scrambled out of bed, cell phone still stick to her ear.

“Joon again? Where is Taemin, oppa?” HyunAe asked. “Is he okay?”

“Taemin is right here with me in the hospital. He is distraught at the moment. I don’t think he can deliver the news to his parents now. So I need you to deliver this news to Mr. and Mrs. Lee too. Then bring them to the hospital. Can you dear?” Key asked his wife.

HyunAe was already searching for her clothes to get dressed. “Neh oppa. I will.” Then she asked Key tentatively again. “Is Hongki with all of you too?”

Key pause for a while. “Jonghyun hyung and Minho is with him now. I can’t really tell you now what exactly had happened. But if you’re worried about him, don’t be. I don’t think Joon will hurt anybody else. He was just after Jinki.”

HyunAe bit her bottom lip, trying to restrain herself from asking anymore question. “Okay. I get it.”

“Take care of yourself okay. Don’t strain yourself too much.” Key said in a worried tone. If he can handle it by himself, he will do it. But he didn’t dare to leave Taemin alone in the hospital. He knows Hyerin can do it, but he still sees his younger sister as a child even though she is 19 years of age. He knows that his wife is already half way through her pregnancy, but he believe in her wife. He didn’t just marry her for her stunning beauty alone. A small smile appeared on his lips when he thought about it.

“Neh oppa. I’ll be careful. Are you forgetting that I was once very light on my feet.” She said to Key.

“Araseo. Just be careful alright. Saranghae *yobeo.” Key said tenderly to HyunAe.

HyunAe just smile through the phone even though Key can’t see it. “Saranghae.” She replied and ends the conversation. 

***

Hyerin was still comfortably in her dream world when she was woken up by the sound of her sister-in-law’s voice.

“Hyerin ah. Wake up. Hyerin.” HyunAe shook Hyerin’s shoulder gently. “Hyerin ah. Come on dear. Wake up.” HyunAe’s voice became more urgent.

Hyerin slowly withdraw from her dream world and focus on her surrounding. She rubbed her eyes and tried to open her eyes to take in her surrounding. She saw HyunAe’s face swam in front of her. Her blonde hair fell in front of her milky white face. Her sister-in-law is really a beautiful woman. Her face is milky white and she dyed her long wavy hair blonde all the time that I know her. Some people would think that she is an ice-princess because of her porcelain beauty and lack of smile before. But that was all change since she was with Kibum oppa. In fact, she became a really serene and beautiful pregnant woman. 

Hyerin swept her shoulder length hair aside that stuck to her cheek. If HyunAe has a long wavy hair and a beautiful face, Hyerin is quite the opposite. Not to say that the only The Pack female descendent is not beautiful, but Hyerin is beautiful in a different way. She has a black shoulder length hair that she usually pulls up in a half ponytail. She has a sharp feature that is famous with the Kim family. Both of her brothers Jonghyun and Kibum have a distinct sharp jaw line. There is no exception for her too. In fact her sharp jaw line accentuated her classic beauty.

“HyunAe unnie?” she asked groggily. “What are you doing here? Something wrong with *oppa-deul?” As the thought passed through her head, she got worried and quickly rise up.

“No. Nothing like that. But Jinki oppa is in the hospital now. He was shot by Joon. We need to go to the Lee Mansion to deliver the news to Mr. and Mrs. Lee and bring them to the hospital. Jihyun already knows about it but the line went dead right after Key deliver the news to her. We need to see to her too.” HyunAe explained quickly to Hyerin. “Come, get ready and bring my car.” HyunAe pulled Hyerin and ushered her to quickly change her clothes.

Hyerin was a bit dazed by the news. “Jinki oppa was shot?” She asked in disbelief. For all her life that she grew up with the boys, she never would have imagine that a day like this will come and befall any of them. Then she thought of Minho. “Unnie, what about Minho oppa? Is he okay?” She asked in a worried tone.

HyunAe looked strangely at Hyerin. Instead of asking if Jinki were alright, the one that she asked for is Minho. Is there something going on that she doesn’t know about Hyerin? Is there something going on between Minho and Hyerin? There was nothing that had indicated there was something amidst with the two of them. Both are quite a quiet person. HyunAe shook her head. Whatever it is, this is not the time to wonder about anything else other than to get the Lee family to the hospital.

“I think he is alright. Key didn’t mention anybody else that was injured except Jinki oppa.” HyunAe answered Hyerin.

Hyerin sighed in relief. Then as if she realized that HyunAe was observing her, she quickly changes her clothes and took her purse. They quickly went out of the mansion and get into HyunAe red sport car. Within a few minutes, they reached the Blue Dragon mansion with high speed driving from Hyerin. One thing that Hyerin learned from her brothers were to drive like there is no tomorrow. 

The butler of the Blue Dragon household was quite surprised to see the young Mrs. Kim and Ms. Kim on the doorstep. Both of them quickly went to Jinki and Jihyun’s room. Both eyes went straight to the woman who was crumpled on her knees on the white carpeted floor. Her hands covered her face and her shoulder shook in a silent sobs. HyunAe ran up to Jihyun’s side and gathered her in her arms. HyunAe hugged Jihyun and caressed her head while whispering sweet nonsense to calm her down. Hyerin walked to the two of them and knelt down beside them. Her eyes reflected sadness for Jihyun who was still sobbing on HyunAe’s shoulder. 

Then HyunAe pulled Hyerin near Jihyun. “Take care of Jihyun for a while. Bring her to the car. Wait for me with Mr. and Mrs. Lee. Then we’ll go to the hospital.” HyunAe instructed Hyerin.

Hyerin just nodded and took Jihyun from HyunAe who stood up and went to search for Mr. and Mrs. Lee’s room. 

“Come on Jihyun unnie. Be strong for Jinki oppa neh.” Hyerin said to Jihyun.

Slowly, Jihyun’s sob resided after listening to Hyerin. Yes, she needs to be strong for Jinki oppa. The two of them went to HyunAe’s car to wait for HyunAe with Mr. and Mrs. Lee.

***

Silence is hanging in the air between the three people in the car. The destination for the three of them is to the hospital too. The figure that was driving the car was deep in thought. His different gradients of brown to blonde dyed hair were swept around from the wind. He looked at the mirror that reflected the two figures at the back of the car. One of them is with black wavy short hair and penetrating eyes. The other with a dyed dark brown hair and regret was easily read on his solemn face. Jonghyun fixed his eyes on the road again. 

Then Jonghyun broke the silent. “Why did you walked out of the mansion Hongki?” Jonghyun asked with a controlled voice.

No reply came from the said person. He looked at the mirror again to fix his eyes on the brown haired figure. Hongki just remained silent. He can’t even begin to explain his reason to them because he knows the consequences. So he just kept his mouth shut. The situation was already complicated enough with Jinki hyung’s life on the line. If they know the cause of his action walking out of the mansion, it will become more complicated than it is at the moment. 

The figure beside him just stared out of the car’s window and kept his silent too. Hongki was glad that Minho didn’t say anything about it too. Between him, Minho and Key who was at the same age, he was closer to Minho. Minho did know about what happened to Hongki, but he decided that it was not his place to open his mouth. So he kept his silence until it is time that he should say anything about it.

“Why aren’t you answering me Hongki?” Jonghyun asked again. Hongki still doesn’t want to open up. Before Jonghyun can ask him further, the car came to a stop at the hospital. Hongki quickly pushed the car door open and got out of the car. The rest got out from the car and followed Hongki inside the building too. After being informed of which emergency room Jinki was, they walked together to the said place.

Taemin was sitting on the bench outside the emergency room with both of his hands on his head which was leaned on his thigh. Key was standing beside Taemin. The three of them walked slowly to them. Hongki stood a few feet apart from Taemin. Afraid to come nearer. Jonghyun stood at the right side of Hongki while Minho stood at the left side. Taemin who heard the shuffling of footsteps came to their way lifted up his head. His eyes landed on Hongki. 

“What have you done hyung? What have you done?” Taemin said in a sad and defeated tone. His tone of voice broke Hongki’s heart.

Key looked away from the scene in front of him.
His heart felt too burdened up by what has happened to witness it. Minho just stood there and leaned on the white washed colour of the hospital’s wall. Jonghyun stood at his place and stared at Hongki intently.

“What made you go and lead Joon there?!!” Taemin suddenly shouted at Hongki. “Don’t try to deny it hyung. Don’t think that I wouldn’t know about it just because I’m the youngest.”

Hongki stared at Taemin in surprised. Taemin never raised his voice to his hyungs. Before he can answer Taemin, the sounds of many footsteps greeted them. Hongki turned to see his parents with HyunAe, Hyerin and the one person that he longs to see again, Jihyun.

HyunAe went directly to Key’s waiting arms which enveloped her and her protruding belly in a hug. Key gave her a kiss on the lips as his greetings and caressed HyunAe’s long wavy blonde hair. HyunAe’s arms were locked on Key’s waist as if she doesn’t want to let go of him at all.

Minho detached himself from the wall when he saw Hyerin came. He wanted to go and bring her to his arms but Hyerin looked at him and shook her head a little. From the communication of the eyes and body language, Minho restrained himself from going to Hyerin. He just nodded his head to indicate that he understood. Hyerin then went to her brother Jonghyun’s side. Jonghyun hugged her sideways. Gripping her left arm and brought her closer to him. Hyerin held on to Jonghyun’s black jacket while her eyes were fixed on Taemin and Hongki. Both Mr. and Mrs. Lee were supporting Jihyun. 

Jihyun’s gaze was still a bit glazed. But when her eyes met Hongki’s, her eyes became clear and she spoke, “Don’t say that you have anything to do with what happened to Jinki oppa.” She said with a wavering voice.

Taemin looked at Jihyun knowingly. Minho kept his head down. Key looked confused. Jonghyun was still staring at Hongki. HyunAe and Hyerin looked at Jihyun. Mr. and Mrs. Lee looked shocked by Jihyun’s statement.

“Please say that you have nothing to do with this Hongki ah.” Pleaded Jihyun.

Hongki looked at Jihyun with a sad expression. Regret was written all over his face.

“I didn’t mean it to end like this Jihyun ah. I didn’t mean it. I just want you to accept my love Jihyun. Is that so impossible to ask?” he said with tears broke through the corner of his eyes. Pain and longing was visible in his voice.

Most of the people outside the emergency room were shocked by what was uttered by Hongki except Taemin, Minho and Jihyun. Jihyun felt her leg gave up on her. Mr. and Mrs. Lee caught her before she fell to the hard linoleum floor. 

“What do my yes means to you if I can’t say no?” She asked him with a broken voice. “Hongki, there’s no meaning to that love at all. I can’t love you as I love Jinki. I can’t.” She said while tears running through her white cheek.

Jonghyun who was just staring at Hongki since they arrived finally snapped from restraining his emotions after he listened to Jihyun. He never knew that Hongki had feelings for her own sister-in-law. He released himself from Hyerin’s side and stepped up to Hongki. He pulled back his arm and rammed a hard punch on Hongki’s face. That was the second time that day that he punched people on the face. First, it was Joon and now, his own friend that he viewed as his own dongsaeng. Hongki was thrown back and fell to the hard floor. The impact of Jonghyun’s punch on Hongki’s face resulted in Hongki’s mouth and nose spotted with blood. 

“So that is your reason for running to that bastard Joon?!” Jonghyun said in a low deadly voice.


***


To be continued...


A/N: 
*yobeo = an endearment
*oppa-deul = oppas (more than one oppa. It seem weird to write oppas in a dialogue. So instead I go for how it was spoken.)


I think, you guys will be surprised by this too? Hehe. Sorry to leave it in a cliff hanger. T_T But I hope you guys still enjoy this update. Though I think it’s getting darker and darker with suppressed emotions and what not. I think there are some things that were brought out to light right. Like why Hongki acted that way. OMG. Hongki loves Jihyun too. This make the situation complicated. And again maybe you guys pick something up from this update too right. Anyway, thank you for reading this story and my A/N. I hope to see your comment for this update. Have a great day to all of you. ^_^