Gangsta Boy 3

Gangsta Boy

Hello readers. Chapter 3 is up. Sorry for the long wait. :) Just to clarify the time line. This chapter will be the continuation from the Prologue, which is the present moment 2011. I just made the year this year but their age is not as in real life. Their age will be as stated below. Other cast will be added in the list as the story progressed. :) The next chapter will also be in the present moment unless stated otherwise. ^_^ Hope this is not so confusing for you guys. If there is any confusion, feel free to ask. :D

Characters' age in the present moment (2011)
Lee Jinki ~ 22 years old
Kim Jonghyun ~ 22 years old
Kim Kibum (Key) ~ 21 years old
Lee Hongki ~ 21 years old
Choi Minho ~ 21 years old
Lee Taemin ~ 20 years old
Kim Hyerin ~ 19 years old
Choi Siwon ~ 23 years old

 

Recap from the Prologue
There was a fight between the Blue Dragon clan and the Green Serpent clan. Jinki was searching for someone. Just as he found the one that he seek, he became aware of Joon aiming his gun at Taemin who was fighting off with two gang members from the Green Serpent. Jinki covered Taemin from the oncoming bullet fired by Joon. The bullet went through Jinki's head. Hongki who was the one that sought by Jinki ran to him who was now unconscious in Taemin's embrace.


Present moment 2011

The scene in front of me past by so fast that I can’t begin to register what had happened. All I saw was Jinki hyung finally set his eyes on me after searching out the place with his eyes. I saw a moment of relief from the reflection of his clear orbs. Then he turned the other side. I turned my eyes to the direction where Jinki hyung turned. The scene that greeted me nearly stopped my heart beat. I started to run to that direction but Jinki hyung is much faster than me. The next moment, he was running towards Taemin and covered him with his own body. The action triggered a memory in my head. Jinki hyung had made the same action towards me three years ago. Except it was not as fatal as what was happening in front of me. 

A loud firing of gun was heard in the dark night. I saw how Jinki hyung’s head arched back by the blow of the gun that went right through his head. I turned my head to the shooter and saw Joon’s hand with a gun still pointing at Jinki hyung. It was him who fired the gun. What the heck?!!! It never should be like this. I’ve told him before to not hurt Jinki hyung. He broke his promise to me. 

Flashback

A few weeks ago...


“You’ll give me your word that you wouldn’t hurt Jinki hyung if I help you out this time?” I asked Joon who was sitting on his big black swivel chair. He was playing with a small shining blade on his hands. Twirling both the ends of the blade with his fingers. His eyes bore into mine with half of his now raven black hair covered his right eye.

He flipped his black hair that covered his eye and said with a drawl, “If that is what you want.” The corner of his lips twitched with what I can identify as a crooked smile. It made me wonder if he was actually sincere with what he was saying.

“I’ll take that as a yes then.” I said to him. 

“Okay, don’t forget your part of the bargain Hongki. Set the date and time for me.” He said. Then he leaned back on his swivel chair. At the same time he flicked his blade and threw it at my direction. The small blade flew past me and stabbed right in the middle of the apple that his butler brought in a platter.

End of flashback

I ran to Jinki hyung who fell down from the shot. Taemin tried to support him but they both end up fell on the floor. I knelt down opposite Taemin who supported Jinki hyung’s upper body.

“HYUNG!!!!! NO!!!!” I shouted at him with all my might. I turned to look at Joon. “WHY DID YOU SHOOT HIM?!!!!!!!!!!!!” I shouted at him. 

My eyes blazed with anger towards him for breaking his promise. He just stood there looking at us with a smirked on his face. It seems that he was satisfied with what he sees in front of him. His expression made my blood run cold. If people considered me a cold person, this person may have a heart like an ice; that couldn’t even begin to comprehend the word compassionate. I heard Taemin shouted at Jinki hyung.

“HYUNG!!!! DON’T GO PLEASE..” My dongsaeng pleaded. “NOT YOU TOO.” He shouted at Jinki hyung with tears rolling down his face.

I saw Jinki hyung lifted his hand to wipe Taemin’s tears away before it fell down again. Then his hand went limp and dropped on his side. I got more panicked when I saw his weak condition. There was just too much blood oozing out from the wound on his head. Taemin’s hands and clothes were soaked with Jinki hyung’s blood. The smell of the acrid blood lingering around us.

“P-P-Please take c-care of J-Jihyun for me.” Jinki hyung croaked and coughed between the blood that came out from his mouth. “T-Tell her that I-I love her and I-I-I’m sorry.” He coughed and heaved his chest trying to breathe in more oxygen. 

I couldn’t stand looking at him like this. I didn’t mean it to end up like this. I didn’t think that it will turn out like this at all. I felt there’s warm liquid sliding down my cheek. I brought my hand to my cheek and touch the warm liquid; brought my hand in front of my eyes and saw transparent liquid on the tips of my fingers. It seems that my tears has its own will and slid down at the corner of my eyes. I didn’t bother to rub it off. My gazed was fixed on Jinki hyung in front of me. Willing him to look at me so I can talk to him.

“You tell her yourself hyung. Please don’t close you eyes. HYUNG!!!!” Taemin screamed at Jinki hyung.

Jinki hyung seemed that he can’t hold his consciousness anymore. So I quickly shout out to grab his attention.

“HYUNG!!!! HYUNG!!!! I’M SORRY. I DON’T MEAN THIS TO HAPPEN. I LOVE YOU HYUNG!!!!” I shouted and let myself sobbed in front of him. I’m not sure if he even saw my tears or how sorry I was. By the time my sentence end, I saw his body gone completely limped and still.

Taemin who supported him must have felt the sudden dead weight on his arm. He began to shake Jinki hyung roughly. “HYUNG!!! HYUNG!!! NO!!!” He shook Jinki hyung some more. “WAKE UP HYUNG!! YOU CAN’T DO THIS TO US.” Taemin shouted and buried his face on Jinki hyung’s chest.

I was totally numbed from my emotion. The pain in my heart was just too overwhelming for me to handle. I dropped on my from my kneeling position. Still staring at Jinki hyung’s body. None of us courageous enough to check on his pulse. Suddenly, the sound of loud screeching of tyres met the gravel was heard. Then the sound of thunderous stomping of feet climbing up the stairs to the top of the building met our ears. Moments later, I saw Jonghyun hyung, Key and Minho burst through the opening from the staircase. Behind them were their men from their gang. Their eyes swept the scene and landed on us. Key was the one who regained from his shocked the fastest and ran to us. The rest followed him behind.

Key pushed Taemin’s head away from Jinki hyung’s chest and quickly placed his arms behind Jinki hyung’s back and leg. He lifted him up and quickly ran back through the way he came from. Taemin who saw Key ran away with Jinki hyung in his arms quickly stood up and ran after them.

Jonghyun hyung and Minho walked towards me. Minho offered up his hand for me to help me get up. I stared at his hand for a moment. Even after all that I had done, he still offered up his hand for me. I took his hands and he quickly embraced me. I can’t take it anymore. I burst out in tears.

I felt Jonghyun hyung stood beside me and patted my shoulder. Then he faced Joon who was still standing on his spot but now with his gun down to his side.

“It was you who shot Jinki, isn’t it?” Jonghyun hyung said coldly to Joon. His eyes were dark with hatred written on it. My tears subdued from the intense atmosphere. 

Joon smirked at Jonghyun hyung. “Hmmph. It’s a masterpiece isn’t it? The leader of The Pack and Blue Dragon is no more. Thanks to Hongki here for this day to be accomplished.” He said proudly with a gleam on his eyes and pointing to me with his hand that still held the gun that was responsible in shooting Jinki hyung. Why didn’t I ever see that crazy gleam in his eyes before? Is it because that gleam was in my own eyes before?

Jonghyun hyung didn’t even bother to turn to look at me. I know what happened just now was as much my fault as it was Joon’s fault too. If only I didn’t let my emotion get on me, this will never happened. How will I face Jihyun now? What will I say to her?

“You don’t even know if Jinki is truly dead.” Jonghyun hyung said. “It may be Hongki’s fault too that this happened. But it is mostly your fault that made it happen like this.” Jonghyun hyung replied calmly but coldly to Joon. His anger was simmering but he controlled it well. Not like me. Yes, not like me at all.

“You don’t even feel remorse from what you have done. What kind of a person are you?” Jonghyun hyung continued. “Your men were falling down one by one but you did not take notice of it at all. You know that none of them were left since our men are here too.”

“I don’t give a damn to any of them at all. All I want is to bring Jinki down. And if you did not behave well, I may have to deal with the rest of you too.” Joon said emotionlessly.

“MWO!!” Jonghyun hyung said incredulously. “You don’t give a damn to your men at all. Are they your toy where you can just throw away when you have no need of them? You bastard!!!” Jonghyun hyung’s anger burst open by Joon’s reply. 

Jonghyun hyung took a few steps to close their gap and blow a punch on Joon’s face. The crunching sound of Jonghyun hyung’s fist encounter with Joon’s face was heard clearly. Then another blow was delivered to Joon’s stomach. Joon’s doubled over and kneeled down in front of Jonghyun hyung. Jonghyun hyung grabbed the gun on Joon’s hand and threw it away. He then grabbed Joon’s hair and pulled it to make him face Jonghyun hyung.

Jonghyun hyung moved his face closer to Joon and stared at him. “I’ll let you go this time Joon. I’m not like you who don’t care about people’s life. I won’t go down to your low level. But if you ever come any nearer to our family, don’t say that I didn’t warn you.” Jonghyun hyung hissed at Joon. He then threw Joon’s head away that made him dropped down to the floor. I was quite surprised that Joon didn’t bother to fight back. Why is it? Did he really mean it that he was only after Jinki hyung? But why? Why go to this length to get at Jinki hyung?

“Come on. Let’s go.” Jonghyun hyung said and turned to walk away from the place. Minho who still has his arm on my shoulder patted me on my shoulder and pulled me along. I complied with him and leave the place together. Before I went down the stairs, I looked back at Joon. What I saw really shocked me. 

I saw tears gleaming on Joon’s eyes and slowly slide down to his pale cheek.

***

To be continued...


A/N:
That's it for Chapter 3. I think instead of giving you guys information, I made you guys have more questions isn't it. Hehehe.. From here the drama will begin for these gangsta boys. But I hope you guys enjoyed this short chapter. Yes another short update right. (Please don't be mad at me though.) >.<
Anyway, let me know what are your thoughts on this chapter so that I know what was your feelings when you read this chapter. :D (For the purpose of me writing a more realistic picture to invoke your emotion. Hehehe. And to know that if this is interesting enough. ^_^) Thanks for all your comments. :D Until the next chapter. Annyeong.


 

@Joanne0409: Yep he was injured and in injured in the present moment too. Thank you for reading and commenting. :)