He's North Korea, I'm South Korea.

My quirky tale with the Bad Boy

I hate mornings, in fact I hate Monday mornings, especially when the ray of sunlight heat my face through my window, and when I can hear my mom shouting my name from the kitchen. You see my parents are too lazy to climb up the stairs and knock on my room to wake me up.

I lazily stood from my bed and started walking to my bathroom like a zombie. When I entered my bathroom, I immediately felt the cold tiles touching my skin. I don’t know what has gotten into me but I feel like this is the worst Monday of my life.

After taking a bath I went to my walk in closet and pulled a large sweater that belonged to my ‘Fatty Soo-Ji’ days. My mom always buys me clothes whenever she goes to the mall, but I never wear any of those. They don’t make me feel comfortable anyway. I checked myself in the mirror before heading out downstairs.

 

My father glanced at me curiously as I tip-toed my way to the kitchen, he was reading a newspaper that was almost covering his face, “Are you okay, dear?”

My mom then turned around to look at me and see why my father asked me the question. I shook my head ferociously to the both of them. Good thing they just ignored me.

“sit down, honey. Your breakfast is ready.” My mom said sweetly as she walked to my spot. It’s my strawberry pancake and milk day.

As I was munching on my yummy food my father started talking, “So, I heard that Jinyoung is back?” my father said.

I almost choke on my food the moment I heard his name. I was stunned for a second “How I wish he didn’t” I said furrowing my brows at my father who was just smiling at me.

My father chuckles, “you two were so adorable together. That boy could just never leave you alone.”

“Honey, give the boy a break.. it’s been three years since the last time you saw each other.” My mom said who was also reading her magazine. “Plus, you need to have more friends.”

“Oh god.” I rolled my eyes at my mom. “that BOY. Almost got your ONLY child killed. Not only that… urgh” I paused for a moment, “I can’t be friends with him, he bullies me every… time!” I said emphasizing the word ‘every’.

With that I earned a laugh from my parents, I just stared at them with a WTF-face.. I don’t really know where there entertainment is coming from. But, they have to know that I can never be friends with that Jung ing Jinyoung.

“oh yeah!” my father exclaimed as if remembering something, “remember when you came home running to your mom crying because Jinyoung said your is big and he touched it?”

“Dad…” I protested with my eyes wide open, but it doesn’t seem to stop them because they started laughing again. Way to go for making me feel like they wanted Jinyoung as their own child instead of me.

“Honey.. all we wanted to tell you is.. you need to go out more.. like a normal teenager.” My mom said as she reached for me hand and rubbed the back of it with her thumb.

“Mom, I’m normal.. for someone my age.” I said while looking at my plate and with my free hand playing with me food.

“honey.. it’s not normal for a teenager to stay in her room the whole summer just watching Korean dramas, munching all kinds of chocolates, and not interacting with people.” My mom started ranting her famous lines again. She usually gives me this kinds of talk when I insist not changing a single thing about my life. I’ve accepted the fact that I’m gonna grown an old lady living with cats.

 

I stood up from my chair not wanting to hear any of it anymore. No I’m not walking out, it’s just that I’m not in the mood talking to my mom about how things had changed in my life, and I’ll never be normal just like any other teenagers in school. They know how much teasing and bullying I experienced in school during my fatty days. However, they still encourage me to interact with those kids who made me feel miserable all this years.  I bid them good bye as I head to the door.

I’m not going to ride the bus today, I need a walk to burn the food that I just took in. I know how hard it  was to get rid of those fats, and I’m not planning on gaining extra weight again.

When  I arrived school, I head straight to my locker.. walking while looking down on the floor. My plan is to grab my books as fast as I can, sit way at the back and not let anyone recognize me. Now, you might be thinking that I’m overreacting and that i don’t even know if Jinyoung would be in school today, however, I’ve known the boy long enough to be aware of his evil schemes.

 

“Soo-ji!”

 

Oh no! my cover has be blown. I walk even more faster to my homeroom

 

“Soo-ji!”

 

I keep walking glancing left and right hoping that Jinyoung will not pop out of nowhere with water balloon in his hands.. ooh that evil monkey.. he’s got minions like Min-ah now does he?

I try to hurry as much as I can but the person who grabbed my arms was even faster because he/she is now pacing beside me, breathing heavily. “why-”  I almost screamed if I hadn’t recognized the voice of the girl that was talking to me, it was Hee-rin,  “Are you-” she took in deep breaths, “running so fast?” she’s panting like she’s just ran a marathon.

“you were the one who gave me the big news last time, so you must know exactly why I’m running.” I say before grabbing her arm and pulling her before she attracts more attention.

 

 

+++

I guess I was lucky today, no signs of Jinyoung in school yet.. unfortunately, my last class is PE and while I’m comfortable with my body, the fatty Soo-Ji inside me still struggles to put on gym shorts. I don’t get why the school let us girls wear short shorts and sleeveless tops during PE, giving the boys entertainment was girls bounce around while being attacked by basketballs.

So, it’s safe to think that Jinyoung is not in school today seeing as how I hadn’t seen Min-ah I realize I am having a good day.

 

Until..

 

“Hi Soo..” there’s only one person who calls me that. I grit my teeth and plastered a smile before turning my heel to face her. I can’t believe I’m coming face to face with the she-devil.

“Min-ah.” I said flatly, acknowledging her presence.

 

She stands there in her red and black dance outfit. I don’t know how she manages to look good despite being sweaty and spending the whole day at the gym. He fake blonde hair is pulled into a high pony. Min-ah is a stunner, and she knows it. Her Canadian heritage makes her stand out among every yellow skinned black haired majority.

 

“I see you aren’t doing the hip exercise I told you about” she started mocking me and my supposed huge .

I smiled sheepishly at her, “They don’t seem to work on you so I decided it would waste my time.”

She sneers and closed the distance between us until there was only a little space left that’s separating us. Obviously, her move intimidated me. “what did you say?”

“uh-uh nothing..” I stuttered like a pathetic loser almost cowering in fear.

“That’s what I thought. Now, move away before I crush you like a pesky insect you are.” She growls before and literally shoves me out of the way.

 

After she leaves I find myself still standing on the same spot for about twenty minutes struggling to stop myself from hyper ventilating. I can’t believe I have managed to talk back to her. God knows what could have happened if I continued answering back to her, she and her minions could throw me to some place where my parents could never find me.

After I secure my belongings, I make my way back to the gym only to be interrupted for the second time. This time, however, my heart reacts in a total opposite way. It flutters!

 

“There you are Soo-ji! I’ve been looking for you the whole day.” Sehun comes into view wearing his gym clothes and I lean back to against that locker to stop myself from fainting at the sight of his smile.

“You have?” I sighed to myself as he nears me.

“yes, I have.. I wanted to talk to you since yesterday.” He was saying about something but I was too busy roaming my eyes over his face, his blonde hair.. his lean yet muscular body.

“soo-Ji” he waves a hand in front of me making me wake back to reality.

“Wh-What?”

“I wanted to know if you’re okay..”

“I’m fine.” I replied with a full blown smile on my face. Sehun is so cute asking me if I’m okay and talking to me even if his girlfriend is against it.

“Really?” he asked, he seemed so surprise, “Why?”

“Yeah.. really.. I was a little feverish yesterday.. but it wasn’t that serious.” I said looking like an idiot.

“no-I wans’t-.” he said a little confused. He looks so cute when he’s confused!

“What?” I asked because he can’t seem to finish his sentence.

He scratched the back of his head before talking again, “you know that Jinyoung is coming back right?”

I wore a fake confused look as I almost slip on telling him that I stalk him on facebook every night. “what!? No! I didn’t know that!” I exclaimed, hoping that my non-existent acting skills come into play.

He seemed suspicious but doesn’t say anything about it. “Oh well now you know. I just wanted to know.. since your relationship with Jinyoung….”

“it’s not a relationship Sehun.. he’s a tyrant, I’m the slave. He’s North Korea, I’m South.” There were thousands of things that I can compare just to describe my ‘relationship’ with Jinyoung.

Sehun then started laughing, “I forgot how funny you were.” His eyes beam as he grins at me. Oh boy! “Look, if he gives you any trouble.. come to me okay?” he said seriously after a while and I nod.

“you’ll protect me from your savage monster of a brother?” I sound wishful.. and I wanted to slap myself.

He scratched the back of his head and muttered, “Yes.”

“thanks Sehun, it means a lot to me.” I said while giving him a faint smile.  You know that feeling in your heart when you’re deeply happy and you just want to jump around and twirl in the air.. that’s how I felt.

 

 

+++

I head straight home from school, not wanting to stay another minute in that heel hole. Because I know any minute, Jinyoung could jump out of his corner and start his all-time famous pranks on me. When I arrived home, I plopped down my bed and take out the materials needed for my homework.

When being nerd is your only option you’ve got left, social life is pretty inexistent. Min-ah had managed to shun me and my friends from any fun activity, how did she do that? I don’t know.

 

It was almost dinner when my dad came to my room, “Are you free Soo-Ji?”

“Well.. not exactly.. I have this homework due tomorrow…” I said looking at him then turning my attention back to my laptop.

But, it’s as if he didn’t hear what I just said and s a folder in my hands, “good, I need you to take these to Mr. Jung right now. I would’ve done it but your mom is asking me to finish on something and Mr. Jung needs it right away.”

“but dad..” I tried to protest. “No way!”

He wanted me to go to the den of the monster? Does he want me dead? Am I that big of a disappointment that he is readily sending me into my doom? I can’t go to their house.. especially now that Jung ing Jinyoung is back…

“you will do as I say Soo.” He said smugly. “or I will ground you.”

Oh. My father doesn’t know me. “then ground me.” It’s not like I’m gonna be on the losing side if he grounds me. I don’t even go out.

He sighs, “Just do it Soo-ji.. and no arguments.”

“But dad.. Jinyoung might be there. And you all know how bad he is to me!” I whine, preactically willing to falls on my knees to beg him not to let me go.

“now is not the time for your drama, dear.” He pulls me upright from my chair and practically pushes me out of the door.

“You’re a bad parent!” I said as he walks me down the stairs and through the door which he opens for me.

 

I wish Jinyoung’s house was miles and miles away and during my journey to their place I experienced dehydration and ended up to the hospital. But their house only takes five minutes before I end up outside. I was holding onto the papers which were in my hands while imagining all the possible things that which might happen IF Jinyoung was inside.

Whilst Jinyoung never physically hurt me many of his pranks are designed to target my obvious lack of coordination and somehow I always end up in the hospital with a cast.

I squeeze my eyes shut and press the button twice. Five minutes, no one answers, I turned the know.. maybe I was lucky and that no one is home. Jinyoung’s dad is a local police while Sehun’s mom is a doctor maybe they were all out tonight.

Sehun might not be home as well. Which leaves one person…

Luckily, I turned the knob and it was open, I stick my head inside to find their living room empty. I step in lightly hoping not to make even a single sound. I could just leave the paper on a table and tell my dad that no one was home. Yeah that’s a good idea!

I walk further in to the house. I placed the paper on a desk where there were other important papers, I think.

 

“yoo-hoo~~ Soo-ji.” Comes a singing voice and I snapped my head up immediately which is a big mistake after all these years.

The moment I looked up, I saw the bucket in his hands, but as usual I was too slow to respond. Jinyoung stands behind the railing on their stairs and spills the contents of the said bucket all over onto me. And in a matter of seconds, I was drenched in ice and cold water.

While the shock settles in, I heard the laugh coming out of the mouth of the said evil monster. I stand there open mouthed and soaked.

 

“Ahh.. Soo-ji.  How I’ve missed you.” He chuckled when he nears me but the amusement in his face dies when he sees me. “You’re not Soo-Ji!” he frowns standing right in front of me.

 

Ladies and gentlemen meet Jung Jinyoung a 5’10 of pure evilness, he could fool the world with his cute smile and foxy eyes but not me. I see him exactly as he is and he is devil reincarnated. “but you’re still an immature devil monster who pretends to be cookie monster.” I seethe at him.

“you called me a devil monster and you’re in my house when Soo-Ji’s father said she’s be here. Who are you and what have you done to my cheesecake!?” he exclaims flailing his forefinger in front of my face.

I raise my brows at him, is he for real?

I slapped his chest and pushed him away, “Okay.. I’m not your cheesecake so stop calling me that! And don’t touch me ever again Jung or I will castrate you.”

“Seriously the only girl who’d want to harm me would be soo-Ji, but you aren’t her.” he said crossing his arms in front of his chest while raking his eyes over my face and body.

“No. I’m her evil Russin twin sister and I’m here to kill you in your sleep.”

“the sarcasm.. the threat.. and you called me devil monster.. you really are Soo-Ji aren’t you?” he says like he’s in shock.

 To his defense I weighed as much as two sumo wrestlers when he last saw me. I had double chin and my hair was stuck in an unfashionable bob while now it reached my waist. It was soaked in wet and I am freezing. “Oh I’m grateful that you believe me now.”

“Since when did you become hot Soo-ji?” he says still a little dazed and not minding about all the profanities I was throwing at him. I tried not to blush when he called me hot but he is basically the first guy to say that and my cheeks can’t help but to flush red.

“well.. that’s more than what I can say to you.. and you’re still as ugly as ever.” I stick my tongue at him and he smirks a bloody conceited jerk.

“If I was ugly I couldn’t have gotten a lot of girlfriends at my previous school.. ” he said as he wiggles his brows playfully.. I can feel all the food in my stomach coming back up.

“Okay.. you’re officially making me sick.” I said as I pushed him aside and started walking my way to the front door of their house. “I should leave before I throw up.”

“like you did in the sixth grade during your memorable performance as snow white?” he says innocently and I glare at him.

“You! You gave me that rancid cheesecake!” I scowled at him.

“Whatever you want to believe cheesecake.” He said as he gave me his oh-so-famous foxy smirk.

I groan and head back to the door, but it opens before I can get to it and with my luck being as brilliant as it is.. Sehun walks inside looking absolutely handsome. “Soo-ji?” his eyes widened as he takes in my drenched appearance.

“Hi, Sehun..” I said stupidly and gave him a small smile and he smiles right back. I felt like I was dreaming and I never want to wake up if I was.

However, Jinyoung started making fake gagging sounds, “you guys are so pathetic.” Jinyoung pretends to choke and I wish he would.

Sehun glares at him and strides past me to him on the back of his head. “I thought I told you to leave her alone.” Sehun growls,

but Jinyoung just rolls his eyes, “you’re just jealous.” He said to his step-bother who in turn looks confused.

“why would I be Jealous?” Sehun said while confusion crosses over his face.

“Whatever.” Jinyoung just smirks at his step-brother and I can already feel the tension rising up between them, “Come on cheesecake, let me get you some dry clothes.”

 

Jinyoung pulls me up the stairs and to his room. He wasn’t done unpacking his clothes yet, which is very obvious because of all the boxes that were cluttered on the floor. However, he managed to decorate his walls first with posters of his favorite bands.

“I see you’ve managed to prioritized decorating your room before unpacking or even you making your room habitable.” I said dryly, letting my eyes wander around the place.

Jinyoung was digging into one of the boxes and got an army green hoody, “think fast cheesecake..” he said, but because of my poor reflexes the hoodie hit my face nearly blinding me in the process.

“Thanks.” I can’t believe I even said that. I ran to his bathroom to get changed before I catch a cold.

 

When I came back  Jinyoung was lying on his bed and he was staring at the ceiling as his head rested on his arms. He smirks slightly as I stepped out of his bathroom, “is this the part where I say you look ier in my clothes than I did? But the narcissistic in me won’t let me do that.”

“you’d rather not.” I said quite frankly. Wait, why am I blushing? Damn blush! But Jinyoung just called me y indirectly. Oh my god.

 

Wait. He is playing with me. This maybe is part of his prank, he’ll try to make me fall for him. And when I’m madly deeply into him, he’ll pull his outrageous prank on me which will lead me back to the hospital.

 

“NO, I’m serious Soo-Ji.. you’ve really changed.” He sounds serious and for a moment I wanted to let myself believe that he means everything he says and that he thinks I look good. I had to admit, it feels nice that some appreciates all the lost fat when everyone in school still sees me as a fat loser. “I would totally date you!”

Then again, I’d just slap him than have him say nice things to me. “I would rather pull all my teeth out with a pliers than ever imagine that possibility Jinyoung.” I crossed my arms in front of my chest to look intimidating.

“oh you want me.. don’t deny it. all these years of pretending to hate me.. you know your’e attracted to me and makes you feel insane.” He said arrogantly.

I am not going to spend another minute killing brain cells by trying to reason with him so I decided to make a run for it. “well.. it’s been a pleasure having you back to ruin my life, but I need to go before I strangle you to death.”

“feisty.” He winks at me.

“goodby, Jinyoung.” I my heel and slam his door shut as he chuckles behind me

 

I have been in their house for quite too long and I can feel my clarity escaping out of me. My head went into a whirlwind when I realize that this is not the only time that I will get across Jung ing Jinyoung , there are many days more to come as he decided to come back. And just like that my peace and quiet senior year evaporated in a minute. He-devil has decided to return to Busan.

I’m on their driveway when the devil reappears “Soo-ji!” he was sticking his head out of his bedroom window. Oh so he saw me when I entered their house, so that’s how he knew I was there when he tipped the bucket of ice water over me. Sneaky bastard.

“What?” I shout as he grins at me with that devil may care smile.

“Be ready at seven tomorrow. I’m picking you up!”

“what makes you think I’m going to sit in a car with you let alone make a twenty minute drive?”

“I’m not asking you cheesecake. I’m telling you. If you don’t come, I’ll grab you kicking and screaming.”

“you’re crazy!” I shouted at him.

“crazy enough to do it.” he said beaming his smirk again. crazy bastard.

 

The entire conversation consists of yelling sentences at each other,

 

 “Now.. will you come with me or do you want another visit from Mrs. Elle, I heard she owns a great dane and that Scooby ain’t afraid to bite.”  He said still yelling at me

“Fine!” I said loudly while kicking my foot on the grass in frustration, and he flashes me his 100watt trademark smile.

“See you tomorrow cheesecake.” He said before shutting his window.

 

 

And I realized I just signed my own death warrant.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Finally, an update! I'm sorry if I took a long break from writing this story. I was sick for the past few days and still recovering.. I hope you like this chapter! and Yey! Jinyoung is here! XD

 

Don't forget to leave you comment (I love reading comments. haha!) and please vote up.. I would really appreciate if you subscribe and recomment my stories to your friends :)

 

love <3