My customized bully

My quirky tale with the Bad Boy

“Wakey wakey, sleepy fatty..”

 

I am never a morning person. Never. As in never in my entire life I have woken up in the morning because of my own initiative. My mom would either call me a million times just to wake me up, or.. I’ll wake up because I got really annoyed with my alarm clock. And if someone wakes me up before my official waking hours, I get destructive and I become a monster.

However, someone didn’t get the note and is now disturbing me from my sleep and my quality time with me bed.  I wake up to something that was tickling my nose and I’m now on the verge of sneezing my brains out like a nerdy kid.

Last time I visited a doctor, I don’t remember having pollen allergies..

However the reason I was on the verge of sneezing my insides out was not because flowers magically bloomed inside my room but because the reincarnation of Hannibal Lecter better known as Jung Jinyoung had stuck a feather up my nose and was tickling me with it.

A feather!

 

“Wake up, Fatty Soo-ji” says the monster who was in my room while he was laughing maniacally.

By the time I realized that the monster was in my room invading my space I was already throwing pillows at him, “What are you doing in my room, you prick!” I growled at him while throwing pillows, but he doesn’t seem to budge.

“You look funny when you try to hold your sneeze.” He teased laying his back on my bed laughing.

I lunged for him but he managed to pick himself up, and I missed him “You ruined my morning just to amuse yourself!” I growled and started dashing after him in my room.

“You’re my only entertainment.” He said while letting out a sly smile.

“You really like to torture me don’t you?” I never knew I am this slow and I can’t even get the chance to grab and catch him given that I know every spot in my room. Jinyoung is just too fast I was just chasing after him all over the place. It was hard for me to catch him because he was faster even though I know every crooks and nooks of my room.

“Soo-ji likes Jinyoung..” Jinyoung started singing. And I regretted throwing my earplugs away the other day.

“your level of childlessness is astounding” I said while gritting my teeth. My face was beyond hot and I was sure that everything that I’d touch would have burned if he dared to keep going.

And he did.

“-because Soo-ji likes Jinyoung sooooooo mu-”

 

Jinyoung didn’t get the chance to finish his horrible song, because by then, I was able to jump at him while he was about to jump off my bed. We fell down towards the hard marble floor. He was facing the floor while I was sitting on his back, pinning him down.

 

I know he was smiling his satisfied smile even if he was facing the floor, “You like me Soo-ji..”

“I don’t!” I managed to say in between his hysterical laughing, “I would never dare like a monster like you!”

“Just admit it that you like me Soo-ji and I’ll stop making fun of you..” he said,

“I’d rather not. I know I’ll survive your pranks..” I snorted, and was not ready to jab my elbow on his back.

His smile turned into a frown and I don’t know how his delighted smile suddenly changed into a frown “Now fatty.. I just want to know how long you will be straddling me before I get a mini concussion.”

 

My brain stopped for a second, and after that I felt like my body was evaporating to the air. I didn’t realize that I was straddling him the whole time! Just a moment before I was able to remove myself from our position I heard someone calling my name.

“now, that’s not how I imagined to see you two.” It was my mom. And she was smiling.. her ‘I –did-something-evil’ smile

“Mom!” I quickly got up. I looked at my mom with wide eyes, because I know she hates it when I don’t act like a proper lady specially when we have “guests” at him.. Jinyoung is not even a welcomed guest, for me though.

“Good morning Mrs. Park” Jinyoung greeted while wearing his sweet-boy smile that my mom loved.

“I can see that you still haven’t forgotten where we place our spare key to the house.” My mom was talking to Jinyoung and I never felt as invisible..

Jinyoung just nodded while scratching the back of his head as I roll my eyes at them.

 

 Now, I am convinced that this is my mom’s fault. She always leaves a spare key under the mat outside our front door, she does that because sometimes I get home earlier than her and dad. I never knew that Jinyoung would still remember that.. it has been three years.

Now, we’re sat awkwardly at the breakfast table and my parents are just smiling at us. My mom is a terrific cook, she cooks almost every day, however, my pancake this morning tasted a bit different.. it tastes a little special. And I know because Jinyoung is here, that’s why her cooking is extra special this morning. They just love the boy to the bones.

Jinyoung who was sitting beside me seems to enjoy his food so much while I here in my own house not in the mood to eat because he’s here. He eats like a T-rex on crack.

 

“So Jinyoung.. what are your plans for college?” My dad asks him. My father rarely asks me about school because he’s pretty much confident that I’m doing really well acing all my classes.

Jinyoung stops munching his food and wore his ever-charming smile, “I haven’t planned anything. I’m might not even go straight to college this year.. you know, I want to go backpacking in Europe.”

I snorted at him, “Ever heard of a bad boy not repeating senior year? I haven’t. So, you’re most likely to repeat senior year.. backpacking through Europe my .”

 

My father gave me a warning look and it looked like he wanted to tell me I need to stop acting harsh on Jinyoung. I pouted my lips like a stubborn child while crossing my arms over my chest. There’s nothing in the world that could make me be nice to the one guy who wakes up every day to make every single waking hour of my life difficult.

 

“Soo-ji, sweetie. I want you to take that back and apologize to Jinyoung.. remember the car you were asking me to get you before college.” He said staring right back at me. I stopped eating as my father smirks at  me from across the table

Oh my dad did not just go there. I have always wanted to get my own car. Not only did I not need to ride the bus to school, but I can finally get the chance to make myself feel responsible for once. I’ve been dreaming to get a car. “What about my car?” My father’s smirk widens.

“I was thinking… since Jinyoung is back in town. You can ride with him to school every day, beside you’re still shaky at parking.” My father looking at Jinyoung.. smiling. He was smiling.

 

Did Jinyoung give something to my parents for them to like him this much? I know our fathers are business partners, but I never thought this would come to me being blackmailed by my dad just so I would act nice to Jinyoung. I think I’m having a mini heart attack right now. My parents, of all people, know how much I hate the person who was chugging his food like a T-rex beside me.. and now they’re making me spend more time with him? Oh hell no!

 

“Don’t worry daddy, I can always work on my parking” I smile, forcefully, until my cheeks ache but my dad didn’t seem to get the message. Now, I don’t have any other option but to swallow my pride and take this punishment.  I never thought I will ever treat Jinyoung like a pope and worship every ground that he walks on.

“Wonderful.” My father just said while wearing a triumphant smile.

 

 

 

 

 

“Slow down!!!!” I was shouting my heart out as I clutch my seat belt so tightly.

“What’s the fun in that, Soo-ji?” Jinyoung grins wickedly and I squeeze my eyes shut as he takes a nasty turn around the bend in the road.

“Your father is gonna kill you when he finds you speeding!” I try to reason with him without opening my eyes. I am not going to open my eyes and see my life flashing just yet.

 

I had known that getting in the car with Jinyoung is like selling my soul to the Grim Reaper but I was stupid enough to believe that he wouldn’t kill me when he was in the same car with me. However, I was proven wrong. Not only he is a sadist, a lying evil manipulator, a scheming arrogant jerk who thinks way too highly of himself but he’s also suicidal.

 

“you really need to learn to live, cheesecake. This is what we, normal people, call having a good time. Seems like the mother ship had left you.. so if I were I would try to at least fit in.” he said while looking at me. My heart skipped a bit when Jinyoung removed his sight off the road. . I’m going to die.

“you call possible crashing into another car and bleeding out on the road and die waiting for an ambulance to show up having a good time?” I screech glaring at him.

He shakes his head and steers the wheel upon reaching another bend in the road and I end up having my face pushed flat on my window.

“How I’ve missed you and that imagination of yours.” He chuckles and I bet my imagination can think of thousand ways to kill him using the pack of gum that he had inside his dashboard.

 

When we finally made it to the parking lot, I never felt happier to have finally having his car come into a halt. However, I realized what awaits me as I get out of Jinyoung’s car. As I get out of his car the shocked, stunned, surprised, and well, some more stunned faces of the student body.

Everyone knows Jinyoung has returned. And it was a pretty big deal. See he’s a big legend unlike me everyone seems to love him, in fact love is an understatement of their admiration for him. In our school, Jinyoung was the hero worshipped for the many pranks he’s pulled on me and some other students throughout the years.

He started all this on me, when he left everyone felt like since Jinyoung pulled his pranks on me, they were also entitled to do those things. And when he left, they, especially my supposed best friend, Min-ah, took his place.

Everyone knows who Jinyoung is, even though he’s been gone for three years, seems like his celebrity status hasn’t diminished even a little bit over the year.

Apparently, the boy loves attention. He purposely makes his exit out of his car with his usual antics. Why can’t he just get out of his car like normal people do? It’s like watching an episode of an anime as he swings his leg out and then the other in a slow motion. When his highness finally gets his sorry out of the car he lifts his right hand and brushed his fingers through his hair.

I can practically hear every member of the female population in our school sigh in amazement as he messes his hair up so that it looks artistically disheveled. He then does the unthinkable and winks at me…. He winked at me! And I’m sure everyone caught a little moment as I did.

 

I narrow my eyes at him, “ Who do you think you are, Chris Hemsworth?” My comment seemed to wash his smirk from his face, and I wanted to jump in victory. His face is priceless as he realizes that I will not be drooling over him like every other girl in school.

“Please.. if the ladies saw this?” he points his forefinger towards his body, “half , all wet and glistening while running on the beach.. the entire female population would go down.” He says cockily and I nodded in agreement surprising him.

“you’re right! They’d claw their eyes out and die over revulsion.” I marched right past him after saying that. Knowing that every eyes are on me and knowing sooner or later the entire campus would talk about me going to school with Jinyoung.

 

My friends are on the verge of getting a mini heart attack as we sat next to each other in our homeroom. I already know, by the looks of their faces how much they are excited to know if I really went to school with Jinyoung. Mrs. Summers was busy discussing something about human psychology, and I can’t focus on the lesson because Hee-rin was practically whimpering with the need to know what was going on.

I told them everything starting from how I was forced to go to the Jung’s residence and how my mom saw me and Jinyoung in an awkward position that morning. When I was done venting, their eyes were as big as a watermelon.

 

“So.. you’re basically doomed.” Yu-ri declares and I slumped in my seat practically hitting my head against my desk repeatedly.

“you’re still alive.. nothing bad happened, yet..” Hee-rin patted my head sympathetically and I glared at her.

“Actually, I really don’t see what the problem is.” Yu-ri started with her I don’t really understand state again.

I gave her an incredulous look but she just rolled her eyes on me.

“Look” Yu-ri continued, “I think it’s a win-win situation. Now that he’a back as your resident bully.. Min-ah won’t dare come near you. I think the guy is interested in you..”

I looked at her in disbelief.. the word ‘interested’ stood out the most. The word seems so alien especially when applied to me and Jinyoung. I think my friend had finally gone crazy. “Yu-ri.. which part of him being the reincarnation of Hannibal Lecter did you not get?”

“I get it all.. trust me.” She replied with an even more serious tone, “But, what I got the most was that this guy likes you and  he shows it the best way he can which is picking on you, it’s actually a classic boy maneuver.” She stated while I gave her an even more disgusted look.

“If there is even the smallest possibility that he like me he wouldn’t torture me like he does since fourth grade.” I explained patiently like talking to a child with learning problems.

“I just think that him being here is not a bad thing..” she adds as she shrugs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

I couldn’t have been more wrong with my predictions. As the day passes on, I realize that people are looking at me with more interest than ever. The last time I felt popular was when I was still friends with Min-ah and was her fat-assed side kick. I stand outside my economics class, the one I share with Sehun and Min-ah and the only class I hated since the first day of school. This is actually the worst fifty minutes of my life, and Min-ah never missed a chance to rub on my face that she’s dating the golden boy who I liked all this time.

I walked in five minutes early and the happy couple are sitting on their usual spot, I do what I do best, not let my heart be shredded into bits of pieces. We have partner system in this class since we get a lot of assignments to be completed in pairs. However, Min-ah had threatened anyone wanting to be paired with me. So, it’s self-explanatory that I sit alone.

I walked passed Min-ah and Sehun and took my seat at the back of the class, a seat which I hated because I can barely see what my teacher was writing.

 

“It’s okay Soo-ji.. I’m sure you’ll grow some s when you’re like.. thirty, no need to stuff your bra.” Min-ah snickered. That was a low blow, she knew that my chest area is a major source of embarrassment for me. She chooses to pick on it when Sehun is sitting next to her.

“Or.. she could get a a job like you did, but she’s not that desperate.”

 

For a second I felt my heart soar to the sky and stop halfway. And I thought Sehun is finally defending me and that he’s seen the real side of his girlfriend, but I snapped out of my imagination as I realized that Sehun was just sitting on his chair talking to other guys who had started making fun of my chest.

Jinyoung leans over Min-ah and Sehun’s desk and I can see he was testing if Min-ah has the guts to talk back to him. See, Min-ah was never the queen bee when Jinyoung was still here, in fact she was happy being the outcast with me. That’s not even the best part, she had always had the biggest crush on Jinyoung. She was so obsessed with Jinyoung’s bad boy aura, which is why I still don’t get why she ended up dating his step-brother.

I wanted to clap my hands in amusement seeing her priceless expression as her face drop as Jinyoung blatantly insulted her. flops like a fish’s as she tries to come up with a comeback. I can feel my smile creeping out of my lips. It’s nice to see Min-ah being bullied for a change; I almost felt a little thankful to Jinyoung, a little…

 

“Back of Jinyoung.” Sehun defended his girlfriend, a little too late but still it hurts to know that Min-ah’s got his back.

“Then tell your girlfriend to stop being a .” Jinyoung says smoothly showingoff his jerky-smile, and I swear I can see Min-ah’s face reddening in embarrassment.

“Jinyoung..” Sehun warns as his hand balls into a fist.

“Why step-brother?” He retorts while raising his brows, Jinyoung was clearly enjoying it.

 

Before either of them lunges at each other the bell rings and the teacher, the balding Mr. John walks in . everyone settle into their seats including me and imagine my surprise when the chair next to me gets pulled up for the first time ever….

And Jung Jinyoung.. of all people sits next to me.

 

I openly stare at him, and it was like he doesn’t care, “You can’t sit here!” I exclaimed, yet trying to keep my voice down as Mr. John starts taking the roll call.

“I live in a free country, don’t I?” He chuckles as I stare at him with discomfort.

“No you seriously can’t! No one sits here!” I retorted.

“Do you have some sort of contagious disease?” He said while giving me a disgusted look.

“NO!” I half shouted, then immediately covering my mouth.

“If it won’t kill me or endanger my specie in any way.. then of course I can sit here.” He said as he comfortably rests his back on his chair.

I glared at him, “Just sit somewhere else!”

“Do you plan on using whatever information you can get from me in this class sending it to ninjas and having them kick my the least I expect?” He joked and I almost laughed at it but I tried to hold it in and just shook my head.

“Then I totally can sit here.” He declared and winks at me.

“you’ll end up at the bottom of the food chain, your choice.” I said dryly  as I shrugged my shoulders.

 

I started flipping the pages of my textbook and turning to the chapter we were currently studying. I can feel Jinyoung’s gaze burning hole on the side of my head, but I cannot stare back at him.

 

 “Don’t let her get to you Soo-ji..” he said softly, so softly that I cannot believe those words came out of his mouth. It goes against his very nature to be nice to me. Since when did Jinyoung start behaving like an actual human being around me?

“easy for you to say..” I said trying to avoid eye contact

He sighed and dropped his head on the table, “you let her walk all over you.. but that’s got to stop.” He sounded determined and I snapped my head to look at him. there was genuine concern in his eyes and my mind whirled back to what Yu-ri said earlier this morning, did Jinyoung like me?

“Why do you care?” I ask and he shrugs before flashing me his evil smile.

“Let’s just say.. I don’t like sharing. You’re my Soo-ji, and I’m the only one entitled to make your life miserable. Besides, I’m the best bully around.. and you only deserve the best, cheesecake.”

I roll my eyes and I realized that he could never be serious for longer than a nanosecond, “I feel so lucky for having you as my customized bully.”

“My pleasure..” he winks again and opened his own textbook.

 

Sometimes I want to know what’s going on inside that head of his, but then I realized it could probably hold all the possible thoughts of making my life a living hell and that I’d be so much better not knowing. Jung Jinyoung’s head is a dangerous territory, and I don’t want to be Dora the Explorer.

 

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

Thank you for subscribing to this story..

I really want to update sooner, however, I find it hard figuring the flow of this story :))

What do you think of this chapter? Leave a comment, I appreciate them a lot! :)

 

 

Love lots!