Did someone sell my soul to the devil?

My quirky tale with the Bad Boy

 

 

Did someone sell my soul to the devil?

“I’m not signing that!”

“like you have a choice, fatty.”

“no.”

“Yes!”

“How do I know you’re not gonna use my signature to, I don’t know, take away all my life savings?”

“Yes. Because living under your parents’ house has made you quite a billionaire.” He rolls his eyes.

“Excuse me. I actually have a respectable amount of money in my bank account.”

“what ever makes you happy cheesecake. Now sign this.”

 

I shake my head vigorously and pushed the tissue napkin towards Jinyoung. We’ve been going at it since he decided to bring me to my favorite ice cream shop. People were throwing weird looks at us, which is understandable since it’s about 11pm on a Saturday night with the two of us sitting in a corner both arguing over a contract that’s written on a tissue paper, which sounds highly suspicious.

 

“Okay, how about we try this. If you don’t sign the damn napkin I will go to your dad and tell him that you’ve been extremely mean to me and have in multiple times tried to endanger my life.”

“I have not done such a thing! You Manipulative, lying, frustratingly annoying ba…!”

“We can talk how amazing I am some other time Soo-ji, but right now you should do as I say.” He grins evilly and I give him my best withering stare, one which has brought the strongest men to their knees.. or not.

 

I groan in defeat and took the napkin, signing my name with the barrowed sharpie and then slide it back towards Jinyoung who was looking so smug that I want to wash that expression off his face with acid that our cleaner sometimes uses to clean the toilets.

 

“There now was that hard?”

 

I was this close to dumping my strawberry ice cream over his head but honestly I could never do that to my precious ice cream. It deserves so much better than to be wasted on a twit like him.

So, you might be wondering why we’re having this weird argument slash conversation and contract signing. See after my knight in shining armor or in my case my fool riding his expensive Volvo rescued me, things went downhill. Sitting in his car with me trembling like crazy and him trying to calm me down, we realized that we weren’t meant to be like this, to be so nice to each other.

I haven’t told him though, I haven’t said a word about why I was bawling like a weakling and almost flooded his car and he hasn’t asked although I know he was dying to. Maybe that’s why he brought me to my favorite ice cream shop, to bribe me the one weakness I have left from my fatty days just to tell him what happened.

Now the contract, or rather the now trash of a napkin because of us tugging at it endlessly, the napkin is meant to seal a deal between us. It’s not exactly a deal, since I’m not getting anything out of it. It’s basically Jinyoung coercing me that I should deny that he was ever nice to me. I’m supposed to forget that he cared for me. That if I ever do share this information with other people, he has the right to deny and then laugh at my expense.

In exchange for my partial amnesia he’s promising to try to cut back in the one-liners and the borderline stalking. He said he’s going to give it his best shot but somehow I don’t feel so convinced….

 

“are you done getting yourself fatter?” he joked and I kicked him from beneath the table then he bursts out laughing.

“you’re sick”

“only for you babe.”

“Gross! Don’t you ever call me that again Jung” I stood up from where I was sitting and started walking towards the exit of the restaurant and towards his car.

 

I really need to stop letting him hand around me so much. In fact when he drops me off to my house, I’m going to ask him to stop blackmailing me into spending time with him.

 

“Soo ji?” he asks breaking the spell of silence and thoughts that are currently spiraling my head. He’s staring at the road ahead but with the way his knuckles are tightening around the steering wheel. I can tell that his mind is in somewhere else and he’s not exactly thinking positive thoughts.

“Yeah?” I asked a little hesitant, I already know where this conversation is going and I don’t know if I’m ready to answer his question.

“Are you hurt?”

 

I didn’t answer him immediately. I’m not hurt, well physically at least but mentally it’s an entirely different ball game. I’m terrified, scared and I feel like every part of my skin is covered in slime.

 

“No.” I could never admit it to him. Because God knows what he’ll do if he finds out what happened to me tonight.

 

He let out a bitter laugh one and takes a sharp turn around the corner causing me to lurch to one side of the car so that I’m pressed against the window.

 

“What the..” I begin to say but he cuts me off

“You’re lying Soo-ji.. you’re  a terrible liar, always have been and always will be. Cut the crap and tell me what happened.” He said a little commanding . He’s never sounded this harsh to me, he’s been playfully mean and teasing but he’s never been this rude.

“I don’t want to talk about it.”

“Why not?” he stepped on the gas a little harder which made my back press on my seat and my hand instinctively clutch to my seatbelt

“I just don’t want to.”

“Will you ever want to?”

“I’m not sure.”

 

And with this he snorts and speeds the car up so that we’re going above the speed limit. My heart starts to race and my stomach clenches uncomfortable as Jinyoung speeds down the road. He rolls down the windows and the cold wind whips harshly against my face. By now, I’m feeling a little scared and my eyes are starting to water.

 

“I’ll tell you okay? I’ll tell you everything just give me some time!” I cry as he swerves the car dangerously before pulling into the driveway of our house.

“Now that’s what I wanted to hear.”

 

The car jerks into a stop and angrily I stomp out of the car slamming the door behind me. I grab the key hidden under the mat and quickly unlock our front door hoping to get as far away from Jinyoung as possible. The boy is too stubborn for his own good, what does he want to do? Fast and Furious the answer out of me?

I started shaking when I heard footsteps behind me as I walk into our living room; I’m still shaking not knowing if it was because of Jinyoung’s need for speed driving or the after effects of the party. I know that it’s him. What about he just glue himself to me?

 

“Soo-ji wait…”

“No, okay. I’m done. I’m just done with everything. I tell you that I don’t want to talk about it and you attempt to kill me, I wanted to make it clear to you that I needed some space and yet you’re here and followed me. What do you want from me?” I cry out facing him and he clenches his jaw his eyes ablaze with what I’m expecting to be fury, but it’s not it’s something else entirely.

“I want to help you. Why is that so hard for you?” he sound aggravated and frustrated.

“Why? After everything you’ve put me through do you honestly expect me to share my deepest darkest secret to you over a strawberry ice cream? Was that your master plan Jinyoung? Because if it was then I have to say being in Seoul for the last four years have made you insane.”

“Me? You think I’m the one who’s going to hurt you? How blind can you be Soo ji? He’s half shouting the words to me.

“I’m blind? You’re the one who can’t see that things are different now! You think you can just waltz back into my life, and try to, what was it, fix it? Have you ever thought about the fact that there’s a reason why I don’t try to do something about it at all?”

He studies my face for a few seconds and his face softens, the anger disappearing from his face as fast as it had appeared. “You’re strong Soo-ji, and I know that more than anyone else.”

“I think you should leave.” I said turning my back from him. I’m just mad at how pathetic I am.

“Soo..” he tried to reach for my arm but I quickly snatched it away from him. “your mom told me earlier they’re not coming home, so she asked me to stay here with you right after the party”

I rolled my eyes to this. All I wanted was a time for myself, and here I am stuck with him. And I can’t stand another minute having him hanging around let alone staying in my house. “I think I can take care of myself.”

“I’m not leaving you, not when you’re obviously upset and scared.” I turned to look at him as if trying to correct him, but he stops me before I can say anything. “don’t bother denying it. I’ve seen you looking over your shoulder every other minute since we left that damn party so I know something’s freaking you out.”

“oh please. I thought we had agreed that we’re not doing this kindness thing with each other again?” I was feeling so mad at him right now for being so stubborn. He just doesn’t want to listen. “Jinyoung, just go.. please.” I said, although it was against my will to plead for him to leave me alone, but it’s the only way I can convince him that I’m really not in the mood, and I needed a little space from him. Plus the fact that I have this growing confusion of what I truly feel for him.

“okay. If that’s what you want.” And without another word he left our house and shut the front door behind him.

 

With that I run to my room and fall down into my bed. It was cruel for me to do that. But right now, all I wanted to do is to get away from him, and sort these feelings.

 

Thump

 

Thump

 

THUMP!

 

“UGH?” my mouth felt dry as I was woken up from my slumber. I was having a good dream, which is good because I don’t want to dream about the nightmare that had happened. However, the constant thumping sound was really pissing me off.

 

Thump

 

Thump

 

“Cheesecake!” I heard someone hissed. I almost went back to sleep because my name wasn’t cheesecake, nor does it start with a letter C.

“Fatty!” he kept hissing, this time louder.

 

Nope. Not Fatty either. Whoever was thumping my window wasn’t looking for me.

 

THUMP!

“Babe!”

 

JUNG ING JINYOUNG.

 

“Fatty Soo-ji!”

Of course. It’s him. He can’t live a day not bothering me no matter how much I try to push him away!

 

THUMP!

 

“Hey come on!”

 

I sighed heavily, before then I decided that I’d have migraine if this went on. And Jinyoung throwing pebbles on my window was something I couldn’t ignore no matter how much I wanted to go back to fairy land.

I opened the window and Jinyoung’s pebbles almost hit my forehead if I didn’t duck. It crashed against that wall and I had to in more air to prevent myself from getting more pissed off at him.

 

“what?” I hissed back at him.

 

Jinyoung was standing in our backyard looking so drunk. His face became a little red though, and his eyes couldn’t open wholly, and by the looks of him he’s like trying to keep himself from falling over. He laughed, which was ironic because he was the one looking screwed up.

 

“Our house is locked.” He slurred.

 

That’s impossible because even though their house is locked he can totally climb up to his room and be inside their house in no time, he’s like a ninja climbing a tree. I remember how he defeats Sehun from climbing a tree when we were in fourth grade. He’s so good, you can even compare his climbing skills with a monkey.

 

“really?” I said in a sarcastic tone. “because I can clearly remember, no, I know you’re an expert in climbing.. so, Goodnight Jung.”

I was about to shut my window when he said “Soo, I have nowhere to go. My dad’s gonna kill me if he finds out I got really really really drunk again.” He said emphasizing the word really.

“how’s that my problem?” I know it was rude, but what have I to say. He got drunk because he wanted to, why does he have to bring me down with him.

“yeah, I’m sorry. I’ll just..” he said sounding so defeated.

 

I didn’t know how to reply to this so I only stared at him, silently pitying him and how the alcohol had broken down his bad boy persona. When sober, Jinyoung has this intense look that could scare anybody he wanted to.

 

“stay there” I said and then I searched for a spare blanket in my room. I descended from the stairs and before I went out from the house, I also grabbed a bottled water.

Cold night wind hit my face as I ran towards Jinyoung, bringing both blanket and bottled water. When he saw me, he smiled so wide I thought his mouth would split.

 

“I knew you can never resist me.” He giggled, burped.. and all the other things a drunk person does. I shoved the bottled water to him and he took it from me.

“why did you bring a blanket?” he asked.

“for you, to sleep?” I said, “your house is locked, and the tonight’s a really chilly night..”

Jinyoung blinked innocently, “you’ll let me sleep outside?”

 

The question made me freeze.

 

“So cold” Jinyoung’s teeth started to clatter. His body shivering lightly. I gave him the blanket, my mind was still in chaos with too much thinking ad too much worrying. Jinyoung covered himself with the blanket, and he looked much better than before.

 

“Fatty.” He called me.

“don’t call me fatty. I’m not fat anymore.”

He gave out a little smile, “Babe, then.”

I stare at him blankly, “I swear to god if you don’t stop calling me that I’m gonna kick your little friend.”

He laughed at this. He looked so drunk to actually function. “Still not happy? How about, Cheesecake.”

I moved in a little closer to him, “how about you call me my name and we’ll call it a day?”

“Soo-ji.” Jinyoung’s dark brown eyes stared at me, and in an instant I found my train of thoughts brought into a stop forcefully. his stare bore into me, and even though I hated him with all my heart, the way he looked at me nearly made me believe that he thought I was the only one mattered to him at that moment.

“Soo-ji” Jinyoung spoke again, and this time he went closer to me and encircled my wrist. My heart fastened, even though he was drunk, he’s still strong.

 

“Y-Yes?”

 

Jinyoung’s eye never left me when he asked, “please, just let me stay tonight? Just tonight. And then I’ll leave you alone.”

 

 

I gave up. I really did.

 

 

“I’m not getting into that bed with you in there.” I half shouted at him when he patted the space beside him. “this is my room and since you’re an unwanted guest, you should at least just sleep on the couch.”

He’s drunk, but I don’t think he’s ever going to stop trying to flirt with me. “I don’t bit, Soo-ji.”

“there is no way..”

“would you stop arguing against anything I say?” he groans and falls back into bed with his head hitting the pillow.

“I will when you stop coming up who crazy ideas. I can go sleep in my parent’s room.” Now I’m totally doubting that he was really drunk when he was throwing pebbles on my window and ruining my sleep.

“you can try Fatty, but I have a feeling you’ll be coming back here soon.”

 

Half an hour later I’m cowering back in my parent’s bedroom and pull the covers tighter so that they surround me like a cocoon. My eyes keep darting to the lock door. And I actually miss my bed already. When I return to my room, the very first thing that I noticed is that Jinyoung is shirtless lying down on my bed.

 

“I always sleep on the right side of the bed, I’m not getting up for you.”

“I could just sleep on the couch.”

“and not let me hug you? How cruel can you be Soo-ji?” he gasps in fake hurt and I glare at him.

“if you try touching me eve once, I promise you, you will return to your house in a body bag.”

“You’re y when you’re mad.” He winks and I threw him my hairbrush, but he was too fast and it missed him.

“just don’t forget your promise. This ends here Jung, you’ll leave me alone after tonight.” I said as I sit at the very edge of my side of the bed.

“Relax Cheesecake, I won’t try to molest you. I wince at the word molest and it doesn’t go past the all knowing and all seeing Jung Jinyoung. He looks alert all of a sudden and straightens up looking with concerned eyes. “Soo-ji, did something..”

“Oh look at the time.. I’m so tired.” I say  way too chirpily and his brows furrow in confusion as I pull the duvert over me snuggle into my pillow. “I thought you’re drunk, suddenly sober, ay?

“Soo”, he says carefully. “What happened?”

“I’m too tired right. I don’t want to talk about it okay.”

“anything for you Soo-ji. Only you.”

 

It took me quite a lot of time to digest that perfectly structured words properly. I thought I heard it wrong, but I couldn’t confirm because Jinyoung had already started snoring softly.

 

I don’t even know when I’ll be ready to tell him or anyone at all. If I tell him, I can’t imagine what he can do to get back to Jaehyun and make him pay for what he did.

 

Someone really did sell my soul to the devil..

 

 

 

****

Hi everyone! here's another update to this story! I don't know if this chapter is a good one, but hey, at least I tried. Next chapter will be a lot more insteresting so keep yourself posted and I'll be updating again really soon! Don't be shy to voice out your opinion, and leave a comment on the comment box.

xoxo