I wanna hit you just to see if you cry!

My quirky tale with the Bad Boy

Good morning, cheesecake. I can’t wake you up today. I needed to go somewhere and run errands for Sam.

 

This was the message I received from Jinyoung. I was woken up by my alert tone prompting me that I’ve received messages. Yes, messages. Because, sending just one text with the same message is not enough for Jinyoung. He’s not here to annoy me in the morning, but his texts were enough to wake me up and ruin my sleep, no not sleep, my day.

However, it’s great enough that he’s not gonna be around until the afternoon because Sam asked him to do something. Sam, is Sehun’s mother, basically Jinyoung’s step-mom. He never calls her mom, I never heard him call her mom, they’re relationship was casual but I know Sam treats Jinyoung as her own. I don’t really know where Jinyoung’s real mom is or even what happened to her.

 

I’ll fetch you in the afternoon for the party, fatty. Make sure you’re ready when I get there or I’ll carry your lazy out of your bed if I have to.

 

I rolled my eyes after reading his message. I was really planning on not going to that party. I’d rather stay in my room and watch the whole series of star wars.

 

Later that afternoon as I was lying on the floor watching the third sequel of star wars my door bursts open making me jump in surprise. My heart skyrocketed and I know I wished for my death to come because I can feel a heart attack coming.

“What is wrong with you!?” I half yell at Jinyoung who was standing in my doorway smirking at me.

“I could ask you the same question, Soo-ji. Aren’t you supposed to be dressed by now?” he said now raising one of his brows.

“I am not going, Jung.” I said as I stood up from my sitting position, then flopped myself on my bed. “I contracted Malaria.” Then pretended to cough as I reached for my comforter and cover my whole body.

“Last time I checked, you haven’t been to Africa. Aren’t you supposed to be dying ‘if’ your Malaria is even real?” he said crossing his arms while emphasizing on the word if.

 

Uh oh.

Jinyoung didn’t give me a chance to speak up instead he walks forward to my bed, bended over to reach for my feet and started pulling me off my bed.. Now, half of my body is lying on the side of my queen sized bed while I was holding onto my mattress pulling myself away from him as much as I could.

 

“What are you doing?” I was helplessly shouting at him while flailing my hands in the air trying to pull myself back to my bed.

“I told you I was going take your lazy off your bed if I have to, fatty.” He pulled me even harder, and I was helpless, he’s stronger than me. “You’re not as heavy as you were, Soo-ji.. But,  I gotta say your has gotten bigger.”

“Stop!” I shrieked almost out of breath, and strength from pulling myself away from him. I wanted to kick him on the face because he had managed to make fun of my big again.

“Well, would you look at that?” Jinyoung said as he slaps his hand on one of my cheek.

 

And I was shocked by that. The last time he did that was when we were in elementary during our PE class and he had hit me with a ball when he was playing basketball, and I ended up face flat on the ground. I was almost dead, because I can feel my nose bleeding. He noticed how big my was and instead of waking me up by shaking me like normal people do, he slapped my . Enough with the flashback. Jung in’ Jinyoung just slapped my .

 

“Oh my god! You ert, Get away from me!” I flailed my arms even harder just enough for me to finally get away from him. I’m mortified and I stand in the corner wrapping my arms around myself.. he had just touched my tooshies!

He holds my gaze for about a millisecond before bursting out laughing, “Oh God, Soo-ji” he rolls over my bed clutching his stomach as his laughter resonates my room. He continues doing so until tears are streaming down his face. He was gasping for air, and if I wasn’t that embarrassed I would have been laughing with him.

Until he opens his big mouth and ruins it all, “If you wanted me to play dirty, you could’ve just asked.” He winks and I groan in disgust which only leads to his another bout of laughter.

 

Someone in Heaven is making fun of me. I’m pretty sure of that.

 

When Jinyoung’s  done laughing, he gets up from my bed and walks until we’re face to face, placing his hands on my shoulders. I would usually react negatively to this, but my heart was pacing really fast inside my chest and my breathing became heavy.. I would usually feel this when Sehun is near… why am I feeling it with Jinyoung? However, I would really want to focus on the feels he was giving me, but something has changed about him. His hair was dyed red-wine, now it’s yellowish blonde.. and I just want to put a pink ribbon on his head. I’d bet he’s going to be prettier than a girl.

 

Jinyoung whirls me around in the direction of my bathroom and pushes me until we reach the bathroom door, “I can just imagine it, you can call me Mcy and you’ll be my Bambi. Or I can you Baby doll instead of cheesecake from now on..”

I snorted at the thought as he continues picking possible hooker names until I cannot stomach it anymore, “Oh My God, shut up Jung!”

He smirks, “Have I grossed you enough?” I nodded, and he seemed so pleased. “good. Now, go shower we have a party to go to.” He says as he pushes me inside the bathroom. It’s kinda scary how he knows where everything is in my room and it’s worse that he has an all access pass in my house.

“I don’t want to go, Jinyoung..” I softly said, trying to play pity card.

And to my disappointment he seems not to fall to my trick, “Not working with me Soo-ji, use the puppy dog eyes to someone who doesn’t know you your entire life.” He says turning his back on me like a cold hearted fox he is.

“but, Jinyoooouuuung….” I stomped my feet.

He turns his head slightly, and I believe I saw a small smile before he said.. “Not working.”

 

 

Wrapping my towel around my body, I peeked through my bathroom door to see if Jinyoung was still in my room. When my search came up to nothing, I tiptoed out of the bathroom and find an outfit laid flat on my bed. I was still worried that Jinyoung might be lurking like a devil somewhere in my room so I checked my closet and under my bed.

When I didn’t see the stalker, I locked my room door and studied the clothes that were picked for me and realized that these clothes are from the untouched collection in my closet. Like I said before, my mom loves buying clothes for me ever since I shed off those extra fats. However, I think she got overboard because she even bought me all kinds of bikinis in the hopes that I’d wear them when we visit the beach.

Speaking of bikinis.. underwear to be exact. The ert even took out a pair of underwear from my underwear closet. That man-! How could he even touch those sensitive things? Seriously? He even took the no-not-ever-in-my-life-I would-try-on underwear! The underwear that only victoria’s secret model could pull off.. the underwear that would not only make me look like a but a freakin’ !

I really need to do something about that rat faced-devil incarnation.

Though, I must say that he had chosen a decent dress for me. I was trying to find a fault from his selection so that I can annoy him a little, but it was so perfect.. the bikinis are not included. I started drying up my hair then I heard a knock. The moment I unlock the door, I come face to face to the drool worthy, god-like, handsome face of Jinyoung, holding a plate in his hand.

 

I raised my brows at him, eyeing the sandwich that he had brought with him, “What? You’re so desperate and all you can come up with is food poisoning?” I narrowed my eyes at him, and turned my glare at the sandwich with a smiley face made on the top of the slice, it’s so cute and I almost grabbed the delicious food. But if I know, Jinyoung must’ve poured chili sauce all over it while laughing manically.

He showed a frown, then placed his free hand over his chest, “you have got to have more faith in me..”

I just ignored him and took the sandwich from him before I hear another growling sound that my stomach is making. “why the sudden need to play top chef?” I asked as I sit down cross legged on the floor and eyes his creation skeptically.

He sits opposite of me, he gave me a once over. His eyes roam my body and I secretly blushed at this when he showed a slight smile. He his head to the side, studying me again. “I know for a fact that you only ate a granola bar for breakfast, and you haven’t left your room since morning.”

I gaped at him, eyes wide “are you spying on me? Do you have hidden cameras installed in my house? Oh my god! Is there one in my shower?” I gasp, even more terrified at that thought that Jinyoung was really stalking me.

I raised my hand and was going to hit him but he was too quick to grab my hand and pushes me back in place, “I’m creepy.. for you.. but not that creepy cheesecake. I have good sources.”

Oh wow? Good sources huh? So these good sources give him knowledge about my eating habits. “Are my parents involved in this?”

He raised one eyebrow but there was still amusement in his eyes, “My sources wish to remain silent.”

I was about to lunged at him because of my annoyance but the door to my bedroom opens, Yu-ri and Hee-rin came in dressed and absolutely stunning. Hee-rin was looking at us shocked, while Yu-ri was smirking at us as if we were caught doing something wrong. The idea of the two of us sharing something romantic has me on the verge of puking.

“Just in time..” Jinyoung said as he perks up to approach my friends. “You ladies should start helping your patient.” He smirks at me before continuing his sentence, “She definitely needs a lot of help..”

Jinyoung exits and Hee-rin stares at me with her dreamy eyes, “Oh my god!” I can tell that she’s swooning over the idea that she just caught Jinyoung and I alone in my room.

Yu-ri took out her tote bag where she keeps her make-up “Let’s get started.” Yu-ri sounds excited as she sits me down the stool in front of my dressing table “So.. how are and Jinyoung doing so far?”

“Easy.. You know how much I hate that guy, he’s a conceited brat and a bully.” I rolled my eyes, while I could see Yu-ri shake her head from her reflection from the mirror.

“He likes you, he really likes you..” Yu-ri says seriously as she begins curling my hair with her curling wand.

I rolled my eyes and snort, “We are not going to have this conversation again..”

“I just can’t believe that you don’t see it, I know that your observation skills need serious help but this is just so obvious.”

I’m about to respond when Hee-rin decides to help me out, “You can’t blame her, Yu-ri. He was always on her and most of the time she ended up crying.”

I wanted to correct Hee-rin when she said I always end up crying, I don’t always end up crying.. what I usually end up to is having broken bones.

“Something must have changed him, the way he treats you, it’s hard to think that he was ever mean to you..”

“Did you not hear what he said before he left my room? I need serious help. He means my face needs serious help.. I don’t look attractive to him. That’s it. Your theories are baseless.” I scrunch my face in the thought that not only can’t I have Sehun fall for me, even his devil of a step-brother thinks I don’t look good.

“Those are harmless jokes, to get your attention. It’s a Jinyoung can do because you’re in La La Land thinking about Sehun and your ten children.”

“I do not!”

“Oh please.” Yu-ri and Hee-rin say at the same time and I hang my head in shame.

 

I think I should really stop dreaming about those ten kids, and pink mansion with my famous husband, Sehun. Oh and we’d hire Min-ah as our nanny, because even if she treats me like dirt in school I’m still generous and kind-hearted.

By the time we went down the stairs it was around eight in the evening and just the right time to leave for the part. We can only hear the sound of our television coming from the living room, my parents are not home and will be arriving late. At times like these, I would usually just lock up in my room but because Jinyoung is here and who knows what other things he can do just to pull me out of my bed, I am forced to go that party the whole high school body is having for him.

 

Jinyoung was leaning against the sofa and was intently watching Sports Center, so he doesn’t hear us coming. I don’t know why I was a little nervous, but I don’t like it.

 

“Girls is that you?” I gulped when I heard him call us. Yu-ri nudged me which pushed me slightly forward giving me a pointed look. She wants me to be confident around Jinyoung, and by confident flirt with him and not just throw my chances on grabbing a god-like of a man. Mentally slapping myself.

As if the day I start flirting with him would be the end of the world.

“Thank God! I never thought transforming someone like Soo-ji would take that long.. I mean I understand making her look pretty might be imp..” Jinyoung’s words dies in his throat as he rounds the corner and sees the three of us standing there. I’m pretty sure, people can make different kinds of faces.. and I describe Jinyoung’s as-- he was in awe.

Is that for me? I don’t really look different except for the makeup and hair, it’s not like I turned into a Victoria’s secret model in the span of an hour, I just look like me.

“You..” Jinyoung started scratching the back of his head, “You look good, Soo Ji” and I blush immediately.

“Thanks” I said shyly while trying to force a smile like an ugly chimp. Yu-ri then nudges me with a smug look on her face. I glare at her and she smirks at me wiggling her brows. Oh dear Lord, does she really think Jinyoung might be really interested in me? It’s obvious that he’s just taken aback after seeing me with make up because I never wear any and that I will always be this fatty Soo-Ji for him.

I catch Jinyoung staring at me before Yu-ri ruined that little moment “So.. should we go?”

“Yep, we should probably go..” he said and all of us were confused because he was suddenly this fragile boy who started stuttering with every word.

 

Like the backstabbing friends they are Hee-rin and Yu-ri take up the entire room at the back of his car leaving me with only one choice. Kill me now. Glaring the two of them, I take the seat next to Jinyoung who is just adjusting the rare view mirror and the he-devil can’t help the urge to grin at his image in the mirror. Conceited baboon.

He starts the car, but then looks at me suddenly and I feel conscious of his gaze on me. My hand reaches to my face wandering if I’ve managed to smear off my make up already. “What?” I ask as he keeps looking.

“Open  the dashboard will you?” he said while pointing at it, and I eye it warily.

“What’s in it? is it a rat or a spider? I can deal with those two but let me warn you, if there’s cockroach in there you should say goodbye to your little friend.” I say pointedly.

He rolls his eyes, “ I thank you for your concern with little Jinyoung, but this isn’t about him cheesecake. Now open the dashboard, it’s perfectly safe”

I inhale and exhale, slowly my hand lingering on the clasp of the dashboard. For the past few months that I’ve been going to school with Jinyoung, I have concluded that he wouldn’t do anything life threatening while he himself is in the car with me, plus he seems to like my friends so he won’t kill them either.

Reluctantly, I open it and nothing springs at me like I expect threatening to claw my eyes out.

“There” Jinyoung leans over and points to a corner inside, but all I’m aware of how close he is. I can smell his cologne. I can’t help but think how I hate the smell of other men, but when it comes to him.. he smells surprisingly nice.

I shake my head, cursing myself mentally at the train of thoughts; I’ve got to stop listening to my friends!

“What am I exactly looking for?” I asked in confusion, and he leans even more making me press my body to my seat.

“This you dimwit” He pulls out a small black box and placed it on my hand. Suddenly, I was frozen. I don’t know if it was because I’m afraid of what’s going to be inside the box or because I am hoping that it was what I was hoping it to be, which is impossible. But if this is one of Jinyoung’s prank, I swear I’m gonna remove his head from his body.

“What? you left your brains in your room that you can’t even open a box?” he teased then snatched the box out of my hand, I don’t want to let it go but he was just too fast and I’m as slow as a sloth. He opened the box, and In it was a gold necklace with a pendant forming a letter “S” studded with diamonds.

As dumb as it sounds I still asked him, “is that for me?”

“Whoelse here has a name that starts with letter S, fatty?” he asked giving me are-you-seriously-asking-that-question face while my friends shake their heads from left to right.

 

Then the unthinkable happened, he came closer, leaning forward he slipped the necklace around my neck and I just took a deep breath trying to take-in the moment which will never ever happen to the fatty that I was before. And the feeling that I’ve been trying to hold back was there again, in the past few weeks I’ve been trying to put all the puzzles together, I can never fall for the bad boy Jung because I’ve always liked the good boy. But my heart is starting to tell me otherwise.

 

“That looks so good on you, Soo.” Yu-ri exclaimed, and I was snatched back to reality after drooling over the he-devil who had just almost gave me a heart attack. 

“I know Soo, I’m genius. You can stop staring at me now.” Jinyoung pinched my cheek while giving me a warming smile, I blushed a little and I’m pretty sure he saw that before he averted his gaze.

He started the engine of his car and we drove off to the party and somewhere along the way I fight a smile as I fight a smile coming onto my face as I see Jinyoung chatting off Yu-ri and Hee-rin. He’s really good with my friends; he’s put Yu-ri at ease and broken down Hee-rin’s tough exterior. And somehow I felt at ease with Jinyoung, he could bring happiness to these two when I’d cause them to become outcasts. 

 

 

“Maybe we should slap her”

“No Yu-ri that only works in the movies” Hee-rin explains

“We could cut off the seatbelt”

“Don’t you dare talk about my baby like that!” Jinyoung scolds the two girls, and perhaps they realized they wouldn’t be having a bright idea tonight they shut up. “What’s wrong with her” Jinyoung asks and I think he’s a little scared, fearing that I’ve lost my mind.

“oh this? It’t nothing to be worried about, whenever she gets really nervous or scared she starts to stare at a space and lose care of the world.” Hee-rin explains

“right.” Jinyoung stretches the word but I can tell he’s still not convinced that I’m completely sane.

I tried to say a few words to encourage my friends to go in first but my body was trembling and I stutter for words. I cluth my seatbelt tightly as I stare off into the distance. Shinwoo’s  house is enormous and currently packed to maximum capacity with students acting like animals who just got out of the zoo. I was hoping that we’d arrive to the place packed with cars, and we’ll end up leaving because Jinyoung is a stubborn jerk that he would get mad that there is no space for him to park his car. To my surprise he eased the car to a space which had a sign with his name on it.

 

Yes, apparently being Jung Jinyoung has its perks.

 

Now, I’m sitting in his car because I froze the second everyone got out. I could try to let my embarrassment overrule my cowardice and fear of being in the middle of the a large crowd, however, that is not happening. My body is gone into shut down mode. I’m glued to my seat with my knees knocking together and my arms shaking due to sheer terror.

“Look, you girls go inside, and I’ll bring her when she’s ready” Jinyoung says to my friends who shoot me with worried glances. They’re all outside the car standing by my door, debating whether it’s a good decision the they leave me with Jinyoung specially when I’m in this state.

“Are you sure Soo-ji?” Yu-ri asks seriously and there’s concern all over their faces, I feel so guilty that I’m ruining this night for them.

“I’m fine, I just need a minute, you guys go ahead” I answered sounding like Alvin the Chipmunk. They eye me skeptical but it was Jinyoung who finally convinced them.

“you two look hot, okay? Just go in and have fun, I’ll have this one inside in a minute. Have you forgotten who I am?” he winks and this seems to convince them. Of course they believe that his manipulative ways will have me running to the house in no time.

 

When they leave, Jinyoung comes by my side again, the car door is open and the slight chill in the air cause me goosebumps. I can sit like this before freezing but sooner or later I’ll have to decide if I will go because frankly I’m feeling stupid. “why aren’t you saying something?” I’m still looking straight ahead and not towards Jinyoung who was standing to my right.

 

From the corner of my eye, I can see his eyes are studying me curiously. By this time I expect him to be mocking me or to be laughing at me but his silence is scarier. “I’m just checking.” He replies afterwards.

“ Checking what?” I furrow my eyebrows my eyes still avoiding looking at him.

“How much I’m going to have to fix”

I’m just trying to decode his words, when I feel him wrap his arms around my waist and uses his free hand to unclasp my seatbelt. “What are you doing?” I exclaim.

 

His one arm slips beneath my knees and picks me up. I squeal in surprise my arms instinctively wrapping around JInyoung’s neck as he starts to lift me up and hauls me out of his car. “Fixing it.” He says simply while his eyes staring into mine. I’m trying to get used to this side of his, the serious one but I can’t.

 

I expect him to break out laughing or say something demeaning to demean me but it doesn’t come. I can’t place the emotion that I feel when he’s looking at me like this but I realize I don’t like it and I don’t want to feel more of it. I don’t want to feel whatever it is I share with Jinyoung because he is not Sehun.

 

Sehun. He’s all I need to think about to make all the foreign feelings disappear.

 

“Put me down.” I exclaimed. Trying to break down the spell and the eye contact at the same time. His expression changes, it’s the same emotion I see whenever he sees me staring at his brother during our economics class.

But he was wise covering it up with his devil may care look “ And here I was thinking we’d end this romantic moment with a kiss.” He winks and it made want to poke his eyes out.

“Please, I wouldn’t eve touch those lips if you were dying and needed CPR.” And once again being close to Jinyoung my wits had gone to vacation mode. I think Jinyoung realizes this so he puts me down. I stumble slightly when my feet touch the ground because literally my feet fell asleep from being cramped in the car for so long. Jinyoung’s arm immediately reaches out and is placed at the small of my back to steady me.

“So, About that kiss, Soo-ji..” he smirks and I elbow him on the side. “my legs are asleep, you idiot.”

“Whatever you want to believe cheesecake, you and I both know that you like me.”

“My fondness of you is incomparable. I don’t even want to describe it as liking you.” I said sarcastically, smiling sweetly and grimace at the end of the sentence

 

I just wish he could stop using his stupid one-liners because it just eats away all the kindness that I thought he has in him. And at the same time makes me feel awful inside for hanging out with one brother but I am in love with the other who's in love with my former bestfriend turned Medusa. Am I a bad person?

 

“I can’t promise I won’t hit on you anymore but I promise I’ll stop for tonight because we’re here.” He sounds smug and I realized that one of my feet is inside the house the other is resting on the threshold.

My eyes widen as I take in the large crowed that is cramming the whole living room of the house. The music reverberating the room making the glass window vibrate loudly. I also see dozen kinds of beers and wines everywhere. I’m in a freaking High School party.

“Do you like it?” Jinyoung, half shouted and half whispered through my ears, he sounded amused as he now takes me by the arm.

“No. actually. I’m actually happy that this is as horrible as I thought it would be.” I beam at him and he looks at me like I’ve managed to loose yet again another brain cell.

“You’re weird, fatty.” He says simply and I shrugged.

“and you’re a pain in the .”

I saw Yu-ri dancing in the corner with a guy, I don’t know who, but it seems like Yu-ri is having fun. I can finally see what we’ve been missing our entire life, and I can’t believe I’m enjoying this. “You like this don’t you?” Jinyoung asks as he offers his on hand to guide me to the dance floor.

“I do.” I grin at him and he grins back. “come on.” He grabs my hand and we pass through the crowd. People are staring and I’m not surprised that they are. I have actually gotten used to it since Jinyoung had started hanging out with me and my friends. This party is for Jinyoung, he’s like the main attraction at a circus and I’m the bearded lady.

 

Min-ah will not be too pleased to see me so blatantly disregarding her rules but queen b*tch can drown in the Thames for all I care tonight. I’m with the main attraction.

 

I see the pile of food over the counter, which I guess is for everyone in the party. I was gravitated towards all the foot, which the fatty in me can’t help. I am dying to taste all of them, but my hand is swatted away before I can get to them.

“Bad cheesecake.” Jinyoung reprimands.

“But I…” I whimper at the sight of the food.

“we don’t eat food from the party.” He sounds like my mother trying to tell me that we don’t call people ugly to their faces.

“just one please!”

“you do realize that this foods have more germs than a public toilet?”

I scrunch my face in disgust as he explains how different hands have been in the food table and where those hands could have possibly been. Let’s just say, Jinyoung is so good at making me feel disgusted at things. He’s that good.

“I got you this though.” He offered me a bag of gummy bears. And I jump at them grabbing the yummy delights off his hands and opening them at the speed of light. Jinyoung knows how much I love gummy bears. He used to steal the one’s I’d bring to school all the time. It hurts so much.

“you done little piggy?” I grunt in response. He pats my head like a puppy and grab my hands once more.

 

He takes us to the corner that isn’t cramped as the rest of the space and the moment I hear the first words leading to Bang Bang, I jump in happiness. Jinyoung laughs as I began to copy the moves of Jessie J in their  music video which I have perfected for this song while Jinyoung starts dancing with me. I’ve always known that he’s a good dancer, a quality that sadly he doesn’t share with Sehun. Singing along the song in the most hilarious way. We can’t stop laughing as we bring out the crazy embarrassing moves. I feel like I’m on cloud nine and I dance my heart out with Jinyoung by my side.

As we were dancing, I lock gazes with Sehun and I realized that that wasn’t a good idea. He’s with Min-ah who was facing away from me. I’m internally grateful to the most powerful above that she can’t see the murderous look on her boyfriend’s face as he glares at Jinyoung and me.

I moved a few spaces away from Jinyoung, and he realizes this and I’m sure he sees what I see. Which is a very angry Sehun. I don’t understand why he’s looking at me like this or what I could’ve done to make him so mad. Sehun has been distant since Jinyoung started sitting with me in our Economics class and I can’t help to think that he may be jealous that I’m spending time with his brother.

 

Min-ah may have realized the sudden change in her boyfriend’s mood and lifts her head from her chest. She turns around to see the source of his sudden mood swing and when her eyes landed on me I pretty much want to be buried ten feet under from where I stand. I can see her unleashing her full wrath through her nose, and I can totally imagine all the possible torture she plans to do with me.

“we should go.” I said shakily still not removing my eyes from where Sehun and Min-ah are standing,  I wish we’d vanish with a poof.

“it’s their problem not ours, we don’t need to go.”

“Jinyoung, you don’t understand.. when Min-ah gets angry she..”

“Don’t worry about her, I told you I’ll fix it.”

 

I’m about to ask him what he’s about to fix, I mean is he Bob the Builder to fix my whole wreck of a life but I freeze on my spot as Nicole turns in Sehun and grabs both side of his face she kissed him. My heart feels like there’s a freight train running it over and over and over again. Tears, which I always try so hard to keep at bay sting my eyes.

 

“Soo-ji” I almost forgot that Jinyoung has been standing there and I cannot face him. I cannot let him see me like this weak pathetic girl who can’t get over his step brother. If I do, then he might treat me like the way he treated fatty Soo-ji, the weak and vulnerable fat blabbering idiot he left behind.

I pushed past him and past all the people dancing. No I am not running to my friends and cry like a baby, then ruin their night. I stumble to a bathroom which luckily has no puke or mess, I allow myself to breathe and close the door behind me. Once all alone, I slump against the cool wall of the tub and draw my knees up to my chest.

 

What was I thinking?

 

I couldn’t believe I made myself think that I can make it through the night without crossing paths with the she-devil. She had warned me repeatedly about not getting into her way, and now I had just let her burn me once again. Seeing her kiss Sehun was so painful that the intensity of the pain I felt in that very moment takes me by surprise. I’ve accepted the fact that I can never be Sehun since they started datig, so what’s the difference now?

I rest my head to my knees wanting to be overwhelmingly sick to pass out. Then the door bursts open and I hit my head against the tub due the fact then I jump in surprise and fright. My heartbeat goes into overdrive as I stare wide eyes at the intruder, now I’m scared knowing that I could die at that very moment.

There’s a guy wearing a white muscle T-shirt  which emphasizes his muscles and broad shoulders, he’s tall and bulky, I noticed his staring and my heart drops to the pit of my stomach.

He’s drunk.

I’m alone with him in the bathroom and he’s drunk.

Oh god.

I press myself into the corner as he closes the door behind him and sneers at me. I hate that I feel so immobile and helpless. I know I should probably make a run for it, scream or do something to get out of here but I feel paralyzed once again.

“Hey hot stuff” he slurs and approaches me. “has the little girl been crying?” he coos and uses his rough slimy hands to touch my face. I pushed his arms away and he laughs at my weak attempt.

“Don’t touch me!” I squeaked and it sounds weak and pathetic to my own ears. He didn’t care about my protests instead he grabs me by the arm and pulls me against his chest. I feel dirty and sick, to me he smells like rotting fruit and beer and I cover my mouth with my hand to stop myself from puking on him.

“I saw you Dancing with Jinyoung.” His voice made the on the back of my neck stand up. “Why don’t you show me your moves?” he leans forward and he is now breathing on my neck.

I tried to push him once again but he was too strong. He pushed me harder against the wall and I bumped my head hard because of the brusque act, and I can feel liquid gushing out from the back of my head and god knows if it’s blood or what. Because I don’t want to lose my consciousness at this very moment.

“Please don’t hurt me.” I squeeze my eyes shut knowing full that it is my last resort since he had me completely bound. I feel sick and disgusted. I want to scream I want to yell and hit him till there’s not a single breath left in his body but I don’t know how.

“that’ll be enough Jaehyun.”

My eyes fly open as I hear the voice and I don’t know if I should be relieved or scared to death. The man, beast, piece of sh*t is called Jaehyun. He started to my neck and I shoot a pleading look at the only other person in the room with us.

“Please tell him to stop.” I beg and Min-ah gave me a bone chilling smile.

“I don’t know. I enjoy seeing you like this. So willing to fall to my feet.”

“Nicole please” I was begging her once again, as tears flow down my cheeks. I know she knows how to put me down. But having me assaulted is just too much.

“For what you did tonight, showing up when I’ve told you so many times to not show me your fat yet you’re here, don’t you deserve to be punished Soo?”

I can’t believe I ever used to be friends with her. Someone who’s heartless and conniving. So hell sent that they can resort to the most vicious of things.

I swallow my pride “I’m sorry, I promise I won’t ever do it again. Just please, ask him to stop.”

She grabs Jaehyun’s hair by the top of his head and drags him away from me. “Good boy, now leave before anyone sees you.” He finally leaves the bathroom scratching the back of his head making me let out the breath I’d been holding for so long.

 

I need to go, I need to go and shower for the rest of my life. I feel so filthy and used that I want to burst out in tear. He could’ve gone further, he could’ve done worse. I remind myself to stop the sobs.

 

I try to push past Min-ah but she grabs my arms and yanks me back. “This was nothing Soo-ji. If you ever cross me again. I’ll make you regret the day you were born.” She seethes, I stand there letting her words sink in as she exits slamming the door behind her.

I stand in front of the sink trying to identify the stranger in the mirror. My makeup in now running down my face. My hair is tangled and sticking out in all direction with a bump pulsing painfully on the back of my head. I reached for the side that hurts, and finally see a tiny blood which is definitely coming out of the bump. My dress is ridden up and slightly torn on the side. Splashing my face with water for a couple of times and used a towel to wipe my ruined makeup.

 

I really need a shower.

I rush outside trying to avoid running into someone I know, I don’t want to explain why I look like a total mess. The party is still going an it’s a perfect setup to escape without being noticed. Unitil…

 

“Soo-ji? Are you okay?” Sehun grabs my arm and I flitch, still a little disgusted with just a slight touch. He's standing right in front of me looking worried. I can’t look him in the eyes and tell him that his girlfriend had me assaulted.

“I’m…fine just let me go.” I say softly and pull my arms away from him.

“No you’re not, what happened?”

“Look I just, just really need to go home.” My voice is cracking and I’m seconds away from crying.

“No Soo-ji it-“

“Soo-ji?”

I hear the second voice, and something inside of me snaps. It’s Jinyoung, he’s standing a few feet away from Sehun and I but it’s obvious he knows something was wrong. He strides like the Achilles that he thinks he is, pushing and shoving people aside. Our gazes are locked onto each other and I forgot that Sehun is here with me too.

He runs a hand through his hair in relief as he nears me, putting both hands on my shoulder. “Where the hell have you been? I’ve looked for you everywhere!” he sounded so frustrated and jerky which is very usual for him.

 

Not everywhere Jinyoung, you’re wrong.

 

He stare at me expecting me to answer his darn question, expecting me to apologize his Royal Highness for making him worry about me as I was being attacked at the bathroom. I feel fury and anger all directed towards him. He did this; he brought me here even though I told him it would be a horrible idea. He didn’t listen to me because he thinks he’s so clever.

 

I hit him.

 

I hit him repeatedly on his chest as his eyes widen in shock.

 

“You! You did this! You brought me here! I told you again and again that I shouldn’t come, you should’ve listened to me, and you shouldn’t have made me come here!”

“ I hate you! I hate you so much!!”

I’m sobbing hysterically and the hitting loses its zeal. I clutch the fabic of his shirt in one hand and he pulls me close to him.

“Shh Soo-ji, it’s okay. I’m here.” He coos and I bury my head into his chest as he wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me tighter.

“Why didn’t you listen to me?” I choke out and he rubs my back, he rests his chin on top of my head and whispers “I’m sorry Soo, I’m so sorry.”

I hold onto him even tighter because it feels like if he let me go, I might lose my safety blanket and Jaehyun would come back.

“What happened to her?”I hear a voice ask and it reminds me the Sehun is still there. There’s nothing I want to do but to tell him what Min-ah did.

“Call it a wild guess but I’m pretty sure your monster of a girlfriend has something to do with it.” Jinyoung spits angrily and since I’m close to him I can feel his chest tense up.

“Don’t start with that Jinyoung, she isn’t even…”

“Shut up Sehun, just shut up!”

With me still clinging onto him for life he begins leading us away from all the noise. Then the cool air hits me, Jinyoung lets me go and took off his jacket and wraps it around me. The material provides instant warmth but also swallows me up due to its massive size it also smells like him and once again I feel secure.

Jinyoung cups my cheeks and makes me look up at him. “ Are you okay Soo-ji?” His thumb wipes away a tear that’s still lingering on my cheek. He isn’t asking me to tell what happened, he’s only asking me if I’m okay and I couldn’t be more grateful. Just thinking about what happened has my tears threatening to spill over again.

I nod just a little bit and he sighs, wrapping his arm around me and hugging me tightly. I hug him back not knowing why out of all the people that can comfort me right now is Jinyoung who’s actually making me feel better.

 

Not Yu-ri

 

Not Hee-rin

 

Not Sehun.

 

It’s Jinyoung, I don’t know why.

 

*****

And finally, un update!

First, I would like to apologize that it took me soo long to update this story. I was very busy with my work and I can't find time to continue writing this story although I've been dying to update it. Second, I hope my loyal readers are still here and would still love to read the update to this story. Thank you! please let me know what you think about this chapter through the comment box! xoxo