Meet Park Soo Ji... The school's outcast, a self proclaimed weirdo, and a social pariah

My quirky tale with the Bad Boy

“Hey, wait up!!!!”

 

You might be wondering why I’m shouting on top of my lungs. I am almost out of breath and running after my school bus on the street. I may look stupid, but there is no other way for me to get to school on time. This often happens when Min-ah (Seong Min-ah), our school’s most popular girl, is on our school bus.

I can hear them laughing on board the bus. I can’t believe she was even able to bribe the bus driver to be part of this. I can feel my legs shaking from fatigue, and another minute of running I’ll definitely fall over to the ground.

 

“You loser!!” Min-ah shouted as she opened the bus window shouting at me. Then students, like her, started laughing again.

 

I tried running after the school bus a little longer, but to no avail, seems like I’ll have to walk to school again today. So, I decided to stop and catch for my breath. I watched my school bus sped its way to my school.

My breaths were heavy, and I can feel like my lungs expand a hundred times just to catch more air. I wiped the sides of my forehead as sweat stream down from my head, I haven’t been to school and I already look like I dipped my head in a pool. 

Sometimes, I do feel sorry for myself but.. what can I do being a social pariah that I am. School’s never been kind to me ever since my childhood. Well, at least I can say that once in my life I’ve been friends with Min-ah.. but she became popular in school, and I.. well, I was fat when we entered high school. She was hot, and I was well.. fat.

She got rid of me when popular senior girls invited her to be part of their dance team. At first, we were doing really well, we still spend time together but when her new found friends started giving me dirty looks.. she started pushing me away.

I was heartbroken, my best friend was taken away from me, you could understand how it felt, right? Not only that, sophomore came and she started dating the boy of my dreams.. Oh Sehun. I have always liked Sehun since the day they moved to Busan and we became classmates in our 4th grade.

Min-ah, knew about my big crush on Sehun, but she proudly walked on the school grounds flaunting her new boyfriend.. she made me hate her to the bones after seeing her with him that day. I can still remember the y smile she gave me when her eyes landed on me.

But, I don’t think Sehun knew about the second personality of his girlfriend, ‘cause apparently she acts kind to me when Sehun is around.

 

“hey, are you okay?” Hee-rin pulled me by the arm which snapped me out of my zoning, “I’ve been calling you like crazy.” Hee-rin was wearing her glasses while looking at me with her big eyes questioning.

“I’m sorry..” I said smiling at her while wiping my sweat off my forehead

She raised her brows at me and I know she already knew what happened, “Why do you always let her do this to you?”

“you know very well we can’t go against her and her minions, right?” I said plainly to her as I reach my locker..

She rolled her eyes as she clamped her arms in front of her chest, “whatever.. Yu-ri is already waiting for us in class.”

 

 Hee-rin is a friend I met in chemistry class, she’s always been the strongest among us three. She’s pretty, and her long curls give emphasis to her high cheekbone. Some boys would swoon around her, but she just pushes them away, especially those boys who only like her for the chase.

Yu-ri, we met her while she was crying in the girl’s bathroom after being bullied by Min-ah and her minions. Yu-ri, became popular among boys once because she was a transferee from UK, but when Min-ah pulled a prank on her causing her to humiliate herself in campus, she eventually became my friend.

 Sometimes I feel like I’m pulling them with me. People treat us like we’re crazy, and we’re always out of the equation.  Min-ah hates competition, and when she thinks you’re a competition, she will put you down no matter what.

Nothing has changed even if I already lost my extra pounds when I reached puberty. I am still a social pariah, and always subject to bullying in campus.

 

“Hey, Yu-ri..” Hee-rin said as we sat beside our friend who was too busy listening to her music.

Yu-ri just nodded her head to us. She was on her zone, and it’s a zone where Hee-rin and I cannot pry on.

As usual Ms. Ho is always late, which give every student in class time to chat around and sometimes throw crumpled papers at each other. Hee-rin turned her attention to me and her eyes were beaming, she usually wears this expression when she was able to fish out a new gossip. “Did you know?” she started,

 

oh I know my friend too well.

 

I was actually focusing on my book, but a good gossip is not something that I would like to miss. “What?”

“You don’t know??” a crazed look crossed over her face as she rubbed her hands together manically.

“What? What don’t I know?” I asked, too puzzled to even realize how excited she sounded.

“Jung Jinyoung is coming back.” After Hee-rin have mentioned that, I felt like all air was out of my lungs. I gulped as the shock cross over my expression.

Pity came over Hee-ri’s face as she places her hand over mine and solemnly says, “I’m sorry..”

 

My friends know I’d be counting for my days when Jinyoung comes back to school with us.

 

 

+++

“I don’t get what the big deal is? Why is this Jung Jinyoung so scary?” Yu-ri asks as she took a bite out of her ham and cheese sandwich.

 We’re sitting at the far most corner of the cafeteria, as usual and surprisingly, I made it to lunch alive.

Hee-rin cuts me before I could answer, “He is Soo-ji’s stalker.”

Yu-ri’s eyes budge out before I correct Hee-ri,

“He’s not my stalker. He’s just someone specifically designed to torture me.” I said in an eerily calm manner.

“he shouldn’t be that bad..” yu-ri shrugged her shoulders as she dug in her bag to search for her chips.

“it is.. if you think Min-ah is bad.. wait till you meet Jinyoung..” I said with horror in my eyes.

“Is he hot?” yu-ri asks and I feel like I am being backstabbed by my own friends. Why does it matter if he’s hot? He’s a monster!

Once again Hee-rin has took the liberty to speaking for me, hello it’s my bully we’re talking about here, “That boy.. puts Michelangelo’s David to shame.” Sighs Hee-rin. I hit her arm after she frowned at the thought of Jinyoung, “it’s true though! That guy is hot!”

 

If only she was wrong.

 

The school went on without me running into Min-ah in campus, but that is because she was practicing all day with her dance team for a big competition at the end of the week. She’s not only popular, she even gets the privilege to skip classes with consent.

I head home straight after a long day in school. I would usually just stalk Sehun on facebook and just stare at his photos. Sehun was the first boy who ever got me flowers, if you call dandelion as a flower. Min-ah had her birthday in school during 4th grade in elementary. I wore my favorite bow that day, and Sehun told me I was beautiful and that was it- I was inlove with him.

He was a good friend to me. However, when I gained extra weight I started distancing myself from him. I became shy about my association with him. Min-ah knew fully well how I felt about him.. I spent the whole summer before my sophomore years slaving myself on a treadmill only to be rudely awakened in the school hallway after seeing him with my ex-best friend.

I lost Sehun to my best friend and boy she rub it on my face. it was like losing all that weight made no difference to them. I was still Fatty Soo-ji and I still wasn’t worthy of their niceness.

 

So here I am two years later, a senior going into the first month of high school sitting in front of my computer in my room on a Friday night, stalking the love of my life. I was really into Sehun, but he would never look at me because he was too busy being a boyfriend to Seong Min-ah.

They were the perfect couple. The kind that were most likely voted for Prom king and queen. Why couldn’t he see how evil his girlfriend was? How could he be so blind to all her faults?

Oh wait.. I remember, her horns only came out when I was around, and around him she was the perfect little angel. But I must say, I need to give the guy credits he would usually go out of his way and offer his ‘hi’ to me and whenever we had the same class he’d offer to carry my books.

Obviously, I would decline his kindness because Min-ah is always feet away with fire coming out of her nostrils. She really was insecure wasn’t she?

 

I refreshed his profile a couple of times until I saw a proof to the gossip that I just heard from Hee-rin. And believe me, I almost threw my laptop fifty feet away.

 

“I’m coming home :) better throw me a killer party step-brother.”

 

The post was by none other than ‘Jung Jinyoung’

 

“Oh hell no.”

 

I mouthed, I don’t really curse but Jung Jinyoung just brings out the bad in me. He is Sehun’s step-brother, and the one person apart from Min-ah who has baseless hatred on me.

He bullied me none-stop all through elementary school and middle school. However, being the bad boy he was, he got sent by their father to a school in Seoul to teach him how to be responsible.. I wish he had also learned how to not be a bully.

 

"And now he’s coming back. I am doomed."

 

Jinyoung is a monster, a criminal, and and and he….. oh. My. God. Now there’s two of them in school! in some twisted ways, they’ll combine their evil powers to make my life miserable. I gulp at the thought of Jinyoung coming back.

 

"Oh cruel world."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Here's the first installment to this story :)) I'm sorry if this chapter is too wordy, I decided to introduce the characters while going through their lives. 

Don't worry Jinyoung will be on the next page :)

 

Keep reading.. I promise I'll make this story really interesting.

 

Love lots! :)