ed

The Pretty One II
 
 
Jaekyung shook her head in amusement and chuckled softly to herself. Oh Kim Myungsoo.
 
"Dude it's not that I'm judging you or anything," Sungyeol muttered while shaking his head in a similar fashion while his eyes scanned L from head to toe, his eyes narrowed. "But I always thought it was the girls who did the fantasizing of marriage of kids."
 
Sungyeol scratched his head and looked at the rest of Infinite for their support. "I mean, I thought if one of you were to do something so stupid, it'll probably be Jaekyung who would fantasize about being Mrs Kim and naming your first daughter Mimi or something. No offense." he raised his brows at Jaekyung.
 
L turned bright pink and he cleared his throat while squaring his shoulders in an attempt to look more manly. "What's wrong with that?" he defended, slightly pouting.
 
Sunggyu laughed heartily while slapping his own thigh while Sungjong looked like he was about to suffocate to death from laughing too much. Woohyun gave L a knowing look that made L want to strangle his hyung.
 
"Besides it being rather gay," Dongwoo choked on his own saliva. "There's really nothing wrong."
 
L looked a little shorter as he hung his head in embarrassment. The Mr and Mrs Kim thing was always a thing between Jaekyung and him. He liked to call her Mrs Kim because he thought it was a much better endearment than babe, baby or whatever.
 
He loved her enough to know that she was the only girl he would marry in the future, and what better way to tell her that than to remind her every single day?
 
He wasn't going to name their first child Mimi for real, seriously L had some common sense left in him, really. However he always thought it was cute how Jaekyung would blush in that adorable way of hers whenever he about Mimi. It was their little secret between the two of them because yes, Kim Myungsoo could be cheesy like that, and he hadn't meant for anyone else to find out about it.
 
But good job to him because he absent-mindedly doodled a few pictures, (no elaborations with his specific request but just to let you know, it consisted of him, Jaekyung and Mimi in a happy family), and that piece of doodle unfortunately found itself in the hands of Lee Sungyeol as the tall dude picked it up.
 
L wrinkled his nose. Aish, he was just so pathetically in love. Heh.
 
"Don't worry," Jaekyung chuckled softly and tugged on his shirt. "I find it cute."
 
L pouted at her but his eyes softened at her words. "I could really kiss you right now." he whispered slyly. It was then Jaekyung's turn to pink and she stuck her tongue out at him. L laughed and shook his head. He knew, of course he knew.
 
Minimal physical contact. Kisses were allowed but he had to do it slowly and briefly for now. He could live with that as long as she was by his side.
 
The Infinite boys were teasing L relentlessly around him but he hardly noticed as his fingers found their way to hers, intertwining them firmly. He gave her hand a light squeeze and got one back in return.
 
He chuckled. So maybe being embarrassed like that wasn't that bad after all.
 
 
 
 
L.Joe watched Jaekyung and L from the side and frowned to himself. It didn't escape him how L was holding onto Jaekyung's hand even if the rest of their gang didn't notice anything. It wasn't everyday that L.Joe found himself interested in any random girl, and it irked him to bits that this particular girl was taken.
 
Who the hell was L anyway? L.Joe bet that guy wasn't even worthy of his goddess Jaekyung.
 
L.Joe grounded his teeth and wrinkled his nose in deep thought. He scratched his head and wondered how he was supposed to make himself known to Jaekyung when she was surrounded by so many guys, or rather bodyguards, all the time.
 
It was a funny thought for L.Joe to be worried about something like that since girls usually noticed him without him having to try. Boys always liked a challenge. Maybe that's why L.Joe thought the process of courting something forbidden was enticing.
 
L.Joe cocked his head to the side as he observed Jaekyung with a tender expression and slight smile. This girl was perfect, absolutely perfect.
 
And absolutely worth his effort to court her. Definitely.
 
-----
 
L.Joe twisted his lips as he waited outside the senior's classroom. He never really thought about how he was lagging two years behind in his studies but at that moment, he thought it was a real burden.
 
If only he wasn't lagging behind, he could have been classmates with Jaekyung and perhaps even sitting beside his goddess instead of waiting for her outside the classroom like some stalker. L.Joe didn't stalk.
 
Maybe.
 
He frowned and scratched his head. How on earth was he supposed to make her notice him, really? He usually didn't need to worry about stuffs like that. After brainstorming for a long long loooong time, L.Joe decided to settle with the stupidest and most cliche method of "accidentally" banging into the target.
 
Cliche, but forgive him.
 
L.Joe waited dilligently while leaning against the pillar, not knowing that even a simple action as thus was reveberating with swag and causing junior girls to swoon as they walked past him.
 
L.Joe tapped his foot impatiently as he waited, and he noticed a group of girls walking towards him as they made their way towards the main hallway. His eyes narrowed on the girl in the middle of the quartet, his brows furrowing slightly.
 
Chaekyung glanced at him at the exact moment and the smile on her face stiffened, dropping almost instantly. Her eyes narrowed at him in a similar fashion to his own and L.Joe instantly felt annoyed at her presence.
 
Little Miss Popular didn't notice the longing glances other male students casted in her direction and L.Joe wanted to scoff at those foolish boys. Puh-lease.
 
Popular girls like her would never like them back because she was too engrossed in her own little world. There was no one she would love more than herself and only herself. L.Joe knew this from personal experience. Girls like her took everything for granted.
 
As the quartet neared L.Joe, both L.Joe and Chaekyung tensed as their gazes turned more intense. "Chae, why are you zoning out?" Bomi nudged Chaekyung.
 
Soomi blinked and looked Chaekyung's line of sight and raised her brows at L.Joe. "Oh." the girl pinked fanned herself discreetly. "It's L.Joe sshi. Hi." she waved weakly with hearts in her eyes. Bomi looked equally starstruck and Yoomi looked like she was almost there as well, except she had more control because she already had a boyfriend.
 
"Lee Chaekyung." L.Joe spat the words like they were dirty.
 
"Lee Byunghun." Chaekyung muttered under her breath. L.Joe snickered as he pushed himself off the pillar, sauntering over to the quartet. Chaekyung didn't notice how her two single friends were shivering with delight and almost melting into a puddle as L.Joe neared, or perhaps she would have knocked their heads together to straighten their thoughts.
 
Chaekyung didn't know why she disliked L.Joe so much. He was rude, yes, but it wouldn't cause such a dramatic reaction from her usually. L.Joe just managed to make her feel angry and irritated for the smallest reasons, especially with that big red hair of his. Annoying, really.
 
"It's really unfortunate that I ended up being in the same school as you huh." L.Joe sneered, narrowing his eyes at her. Chaekyung jutted out her chin and scowled deeply. Gosh, that guy really irked her.
 
"I second that." Chaekyung muttered under her breath. "Wholeheartedly."
 
L.Joe growled, a little fired up that she even bothered to respond. He really wasn't used to girls going against him like this. Not at all. He was just about to give a rude response when the bell rang, signalling the end of the last lesson for the seniors. L.Joe's attention shifted to the door he was standing by and eyed it carefully for the goddess he was waiting for.
 
Chaekyung wrinkled her nose at him and ignored him as well, a somewhat involuntary act as L came out of the class together with her older sister. Chaekyung burst into a great smile as she greated L with enthusiasm. "Hi L oppa!"
 
"Hey!" L grinned at her and ruffled her hair. Chaekyung beamed and felt her own cheeks grow warm. She should really tell her body to stop doing that. L wasn't her boyfriend anymore, and it wasn't a secret that L loved Jaekyung. Loved with all his heart.
 
Chaekyung's smile slightly faltered as L ruffled Soomi, Bomi and Yoomi's hair as well in that big brotherly manner of his. He walked back to Jaekyung's side immediately after and together, they made the perfect picture. A perfect picture without Chaekyung in it.
 
Chaekyung's smile was stiff as ever. She cleared and looked down at her feet, willing herself to not act like a loser all the time. Why was it that she still couldn't forget about L?
 
Oh right, that guy was her sister's boyfriend and she saw him nearly everyday. Giving Jaekyung and L her blessings didn't mean she could cut off all her emotional attachment towards L at once. And she was really afraid that no matter how hard she tried, it couldn't be cut off. That would definitely be deep .
 
"Going home, Chae?" Jaekyung asked with a soft smile. "Myungsoo could fetch us."
 
L pretended to pout and and jutted out his bottom lip. "What am I, your driver?" Jaekyung blinked at him in confusion and he quickly put on a smile again. "Jokes."
 
The smile wavered dangerously on Chaekyung's lips. "It's really okay, I'm thinking of staying in the library to study a little for the history test tomorrow. You guys go ahead."
 
Jaekyung nodded. "Take care and come home early okay?"
 
Chaekyung nodded with a cheerful smile and watched as her sister and the guy she loved walked further and further away with the rest of the Infinite boys. Was it always going to be like that? Her watching, waiting, and suffering...alone?
 
 
 
 
 
 
L.Joe cursed as he ran to catch up with Jaekyung.
 
Damn. It was just so difficult to get her attention or find any chance to speak to her when she was alone. She seemed to be always surrounded with those stupid Infinite boys or her idiot boyfriend L (L.Joe already didn't like him), and there wasn't a chance for L.joe to properly introduce himself into Jaekyung's life.
 
Completely pathetic. The goddess now still doesn't know of his existence. Great.
 
He followed Jaekyung as she moved off with the Infinite boys towards the carpark and he grew anxious. He wouldn't live it down if he didn't make his existence known to Jaekyung by the end of the day. It just wasn't normal for him to try so hard to get a girl's attention when he usually already had it.
 
L.Joe bit his lip and wondered how he was supposed to approach Jaekyung with seven ers around her shining as bright as the sun. Hmm. The infinite members got onto Sunggyu and Woohyun's cars respectively and only Jaekyung was left to sit in L's car.
 
The rest of the Infinite members drove off after bidding the couple goodbye, and L made a motion for Jaekyung to get in the car first while he got something out from the boot of his car. Jaekyung nodded and proceeded to walk towards a dustbin near L.Joe to throw away her milk carton.
 
L.Joe stood there like a freaking tree as if he was trying to fade into the background while he gaped at her too stunned to speak. Way to go man.
 
Jaekyung saw him looking at her and she sent him a polite nod and smile before turning on her back to return to L's car. L.Joe's mouth went completely dry and he swallowed hard. God, must she look so perfect?
 
"This is the time to say hi, man, there's no other better chance to do it." L.Joe muttered to himself, growling. "Just do it."
 
Just as L.Joe took the first step out towards Jaekyung, L closed the lid to his boot and shot Jaekyung a charming smile that could blind people. "Mrs Kim, wanna head out to that cafe to try the new raspberry cheesecakes?"
 
Jaekyung gave an enthusiastic nod and darted into L's car with a laugh. "As long as you're treating, Mr Kim."
 
L snorted in amusement and climbed into the car as well. "I'm spoiling you, aren't I?"
 
That was the last thing L heard before he watched the car drive off, his chance flying away in front of his eyes.
 
Just wonderful. ed every moment of the day.
 
"Great. Just great." L.Joe muttered under his breath.