Birthday Chalet Games

The Pretty One II

DOUBLE UPDATED: GO BACK ONE CHAPTER

 

“How long do you think we’re staying? It’s only a two day one night chalet babe, but you brought enough clothes to last a few thousand years.” Woohyun heaved tiredly as he made the third trip to the car to get his girlfriend’s numerous luggage.

Yoomi shrugged, grinning. “What if you guys decided to go swimming? A classy dinner? Hiking?” she listed, counting off her fingers. “I need to be prepared don’t I?”

Woohyun shook his head in amusement and leaned into her touch as she wiped his face with a tissue. “I’m going to have to earn loads of money to keep up with your spending when we get married.” He muttered.

Yoomi laughed and slapped his arm. “Who said I’d marry you?” This caused the other guys to laugh loudly at Woohyun’s look of disbelief as Yoomi turned around to high five her friends. Woohyun groaned and pouted at his girlfriend. “Baby, you can’t marry anyone other than me!!!” he whined.

L.Joe stopped his motorbike beside the rest of the cars and shook his hair when he took off his helmet. He looked over at Woohyun and Yoomi and grimaced. “What a noisy couple.” He grumbled. He looked back at Chaekyung who was struggling with her helmet even after riding his bike almost everyday.

“Need help?” he teased.

He could almost make out Chaekyung’s glare from behind her helmet. “You look better with the helmet covering your face." he grinned. Chaekyung gaped at him from behind the helmet and made a move to hit his arm but he dodged it quickly. "Just kidding." he unbuckled the belt and pulled the helmet off her gently. "You're really a princess, always needing help for everything."

Chaekyung wrinkled her nose at him and stuck her tongue out. "But you told the young boy that you're my prince so you have to be my prince charming to the rescue when I need it."

L.Joe laughed and ruffled her hair. "I shouldn't have said that."

Despite his words, L.Joe still found himself volunteering to carry Chaekyung's bags into the chalet while holding her hand firmly with his free hand. He felt oddly protective of her especially when L was in sight, initiating more physical contact when the latter looked over.

Even though females were the ones who were always thought to have sixth sense, L too could sense the predatory air radiating from L.Joe whenever he met eyes with the guy. L still didn't have a good impression of L.Joe despite the little show the latter put up, and he knew that the dislike was mutual. He couldnt' exacty pinpoint what was wrong with L.Joe and even though he seemed to be the absolute perfect boyfriend that was trending around the school, L still thought something was off between the couple.

"Myungsoo, the others already went in." Jaekyung tugged at his sleeve, looking up at him curiously. "Something wrong?"

All uncertainties disappeared at once and his entire attention was wholly focused on his girlfriend. A tender smile appeared at his lips and he took her hand gently. "Nothing." he shook his head. "Come on, let's join the others Mrs Kim."

His smile widened at the blush that graced her cheeks even after one year of dating. He didn't think he could ever get bored of being with her. Ever.

 

 

 

 

"Happy birthday to you~~~~" everyone sang loudly and merrily out of tune by Sunggyu didn't seem to mind. He was happy to spend his birthday with his closest friends and he blew out the candles after making an exceptionally long wish.

He grinned at the others and made a big show of cutting the cake, before passing it on to Sungjong to distribute to the rest. The gang had spent their day at the beach chilling, swimming and playing volleyball with fun and games and had returned to the chalet for their barbeque feast at night before returning back to Seoul the next morning.

L.Joe was watching the scene from the side, not really wanting to join in the fuss because he claimed that he wasn't close to the Infinite boys but he secretly thought they were a bunch of nice people. Chaekyung was dozing off on his shoulder because she went crazy during volleyball and it all the energy out of her. It was amusing for him to watch really, and he couldn't stop smiling through the entire game.

His fingers threaded themselves through Chaekyung's hair unconsciously as he made sure no one came near enough to wake her up. It was an absolutely sweet gesture had they been dating for real. Since they were still on their deal, it was just weirdly sweet.

Sunggyu opened up his presents one by one and the Infinite boys made a big fuss whenever Sunggyu complained about any of his presents. Vitamins, chicken essence and tonics were one of the few variety of gifts Sunggyu received, and even if it hinted at his older age, he really did consume those a lot.

L.Joe on the other hand, was not at all interested in the gift-unwrapping as he considered Chunji's words. He remembered the skype conversation he had with his best friend a few days back where Chunji had accused L.Joe of fooling Chaekyung.

He wasn't fooling Chaekyung was he? He was just...reserving some knowledge from her. Everyone had secrets of their own, it wasn't considered fooling.

He gazed down at Chaekyung's sleeping face and sighed softly. However they had started their deal with the knowledge of Chaekyung's feelings for L and his supposedly infatuation with Jaekyung. They had started this agreement because he wanted to get closer to Jaekyung and Chaekyung had oddly wanted to stay mum about her feelings.

The only thing that changed in this process was that L.Joe could bother less about getting closer to Jaekyung now. On one hand, he had witnessed for himself how unbreakable Jaekyung and L were and it was impossible getting between the two.

On the other hand....he wasn't sure he liked Jaekyung that much in the first place.

However since using Chaekyung to get closer to Jaekyung was his motive in the first place, if he had no desire to get closer to Jaekyung anymore, did that mean he really had to stop this agreement with Chaekyung? Was that really fooling the girl?

He sighed softly and Chaekyung's head. He didn't want to stop whatever they were doing, he didn't want to have to find excuses to pop over to her house when he could go over as and when he liked now. This princess needed protecting and he didn't want to give up this position to anyone else.

Should he come clean about his interest with Jaekyung? But if so, what reasons can he give to continue sticking by her side without appearing creepy or desperate?

He didn't want to risk destroying what they had right now. He didn't want to think about what his feelings meant because that was something he feared thinking about, but he didn't want to fool her either. It was so confusing.

Without warning, a soft cuddly soft toy flew in their direction and smacked itself against both L.Joe and Chaekyung. Chaekyung stirred and lifted her head from L.Joe's shoulder, rudely awoken from her nap. L.Joe glared menacingly at Hoya who had accidentally thrown the toy that had disrupted Chaekyung's sleep.

"Morning~" Bomi stifled a laugh at Chaekyung's confused expression. "L.Joe's shoulder is very comfortable huh?"

Chaekyung blinked a few times and shot her gaze up at L.Joe, alarmed. "I fell asleep on you? Sorry!" she coughed in embarrassment. "How long was I out?" she crossed her fingers, hoping it was 5 minutes at most.

L.Joe shook his head and ruffled her hair. "Not very long." he assured.

"Yeah, only around two hours since we came back from the beach and we were all waiting for you to wait up so we could start out games," Soomi added, grinning. "And L.Joe wouldn't let us wake you up because he said we were disrupting your sleep."

Chaekyung's eyes rounded and she stared at L.Joe in surprise. It was his turn to clear his throat awkwardly and he got up from the couch quickly, his muscles groaning in despair at maintaining the awkward pose for two hours. "Aish, I'm getting a drink." he disappeared into the kitchen.

Chaekyung bit her lip and made a face at her friend, not knowing who to believe. L.Joe really did something so sweet for her? But... Chaekyung caught sight of Jaekyung smiling at the scene and suddenly understood L.Joe's intentions. He was acting as a good boyfriend to impress her sister and to spike jealousy wasn't he.

She suddenly didn't feel too good.

"Come on, join us." Yoomi pulled Chaekyung to sit in a circle with the rest of the gang where there was an empty bottle in the middle. "We're playing truth or dare." Chaekyung nodded numbly and plopped herself beside her friends. Birthday boy Sunggyu grinned at the new addition to the game and turned the bottle.

Chaekyung was still in a daze when the bottle pointed itself at her. She blinked for a few moments before finally understanding what happened and why everyone was looking at her. "So? Truth or Dare?" Dongwoo asked in interest.

She gulped and considered her options. If she answered truth, there were so many secrets that could be unveiled and she wasn't a good liar at all. Firstly, L.joe and her relationship was bogus. Then there was this confusion of feelings she felt for L.Joe which she absolutely didn't want him to know about. And then there was L.

Choosing truth was too risky.

"Dare." Chaekyung found herself saying, wondering what on earth they could ask her to do. The guys whooped in anticipation and looked over at Sunggyu expectantly for the dare Chaekyung had to complete.

"Hmmm, I won't give you such a difficult one don't worry." Sunggyu assured. Chaekyung let out a sigh of relief because she was just beginning to picture swallowing a jug of strange mixture of different left over sauces and drinks.

"Your dare is..." Sunggyu raised his brows slyly when he saw L.Joe walking out of the kitchen with a coke in his hand. "To kiss your boyfriend in front of all of us. No big deal, just one kiss!"

Everyone whooted in laughter and only the couple in question were frozen in their own positions, staring at each other in horror.

Had they been dating for real, it would have been an easy dare. But since they weren't....

"Come on Chaekyung," Woohyun laughed and pushed her towards L.Joe. "Just one kiss!"

HELP.