Niel's Brilliant Idea

The Pretty One II
"Dude, you didn't even say hi? You're losing your touch I'm ashamed of you!"
 
L.Joe grumbled under his breath and deeply regretted the decision of telling his friends about what happened that day. Having moved over from Gunsan to Seoul, L.Joe had to leave his best friends to start anew in Seoul. He sometimes wondered if it was the wrong decision because he really couldn't live without his best friends, friends who had stood by him ever since he could remember.
 
And other times he felt extremely glad to have left. Times like this.
 
"I'm so ashamed to have to call you hyung, man." Changjo snorted and shook his head in amusement. "Just introduce yoruself to her with that overwhelming swag you always seem to have. what's so difficult about that?"
 
It didn't feel good to be scoffed at by the maknae. It didn't feel good at all, especially for the bully L.Joe.
 
Chunji pushed Changjo out of the frame to stare into the webcam. "You're losing your touch, L.Joe. This isn't it, definitely." he clicked his tongue. "You're supposed to be the one with most charm. Keyword on supposed, because I completely disagree." he muttered under his breath but completely obvious that he meant for L.Joe to head. L.Joe rolled his eyes.
 
So a short introduction to his bestest friends.
 
L.Joe knew Chunji for the longest time since they were neighbours and he had the unfortunate chance to make acquaintance with Lee Chanhee. L.Joe had never known anyone with such concern over their hair.
 
The degree in which Chunji cared for his hair was horrifying. He would refuse to change his clothes because doing so would mess up his perfectly gelled up hair. Have you ever heard of anyone so vain, really? And dirty.
 
Niel was one hell of a prankster and the rest of them always had to endure different tricks Ahn Daniel threw in their way. L.Joe was usually the one who wouldn't fall for those traps of Niel, but even the witty him had to admit that some of them were really quite ingenious.
 
Changjo the maknae was in that growing phase of his trying to figure what kind of a person he was. Changjo fancied himself being cool and rebellious like a bad boy but L.Joe knew that the kid was actually warm and fuzzy on the inside.
 
He would rather die than admit that he missed these guys, but he figured that they knew he did miss Gunsan to some extent because he did agree to this webcam meeting. The other three boys were huddled together in order for all of them to be captured in the screen. They looked ridiculous, but L.Joe was used to it.
 
"What's so different about this Jaekyung girl anyway, hyung?" Niel asked curiously, his face ridiculously close to the camera such that L.Joe could even count the number of pores his dongsaeng had on his nose. "I thought you didn't like popular girls."
 
"I don't." L.Joe shrugged. "But Lee Jaekyung is popular because of her boyfriend and her makeover, she didn't choose to be popular. In fact, she hid her true beauty previously. Don't you think that's a gem?"
 
Changjo wrinkled up his face. "Sounds fishy to me. Which girl would want to hide her true beauty. I mean, with fake eyelashes and big-eyed contacts, girls are trying to attain fake beauty that they originally did not have. Heh."
 
L.Joe grinned. "That's why she's special."
 
Chunji rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Whatever man, as the person who has known you for the longest, I don't have a good feeling about it." he pursed his lips. "And anyway that girl is attached. Aren't there any other girls there that you have to go for one that already has a boyfriend? Doesn't she have a cute sister or anything?"
 
L.Joe's face immediately turned back. "She does." he muttered in distaste. "The fiesty girl who bumped into me the other time which i told you guys about? She's Lee Jaekyung's younger sister, Chaekyung."
 
"Fiesty? I like fiesty." Changjo immediately blurted and Niel whacked the maknae's head. "You're too young to handle fiesty girls." he muttered. Changjo's jaw dropped and he puffed out his chest. "Excuse me? When is age a matter?"
 
Chunji eyed L.Joe and blinked. "That girl..." a sly smile came onto his lips. "Don't you think it's fate that you ended up in the same school as her? It isn't often that L to the Joe shows such extreme feelings for a girl. Even if negative."
 
"Fate my ." L.Joe cringed at the thought. Chaekyung annoyed him to no end without even doing anything. He already had his basic impression built so firmly that no matter how Ricky sang Chaekyung praises, L.Joe was never going to change his mind about her.
 
Niel's face brightened up. "Hey don't you think this is the chance? Get close to Chaekyung so that you can get closer to Jaekyung? Don't you think that's a brilliant idea?"
 
"Brilliant idea my that's just low." Chunji muttered disapprovingly, but the trickster thought he had the come up with the greatest idea of all time.
 
Changjo twisted his lips as he tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Seems feasible provided she really doesn't hate you as much as she seems to." he mumbled.
 
L.Joe considered this. That really seemed like a low-blow to use Chaekyung to get to Jaekyung, but really, he didn't have many other options did he, especially when he retained and he was a junior and he had no valid reason to stay beside Jaekyung. That girl didn't even know his name yet.
 
"This idea seems feasible." L.Joe murmured. Chunji's jaw dropped and internally tore at his hair. His best friend COULDN'T be considering this idea for real. It was a pure scumbag move.
 
"But it's too lowdown Niel, I don't think I'm up for it." L.Joe muttered while shaking his head. "Unless everything else fails, this idea is out."
 
Chunji heaved a visible sigh of relief and Niel deflated. "Awww."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"For the upcoming project, you guys are supposed to come up with a faux business stimulation model, of which you are going to make analysis and proposals for it." Teacher Lee told the class. "More instructions will be found in the pieces of paper that are being passed down the row now."
 
L.Joe wrinkled his nose as Ricky passed the paper to him. He sighed and raked his fingers through his hair as he grabbed it reluctantly, skimming his eyes across the words.
 
He stopped at a particular sentence and blinked before going back a few words. "This project is to be completed in pairs." he muttered under his breath. He cursed promptly after and narrowed his eyes at the paper. He shouldn't have come back to school damn it.
 
He mentally went through all the people in class and knew that there were quite a few girls eying him meaningfully from the other end of the class. He could only hope that he wouldn't be paired up with them. Please.
 
L.Joe's eyes landed on the guy in front of him and noted how Ricky was sending him hopeful grins and he quickly diverted his gaze.
 
Okay, give him any of those fangirls instead. He would be willing to have them if that meant his partner wasn't Ricky. Ricky was cheerful and a moodlifter but heck, sometimes he was too cheerful.
 
L.Joe swept his eyes quickly through the class and didn't mean to, but his eyes met with Chaekyung's accidentally. Both of them felt a little strange zap between them and both gave a sneer before looking away. Irritation at it's best was what they thought.
 
Teacher Lee began speaking again after most of the students were settled down again. "The project partners, unforunately, are going to be appointed by me and no changing your partners."
 
A series of groans rang throughout the class.
 
"Listen carefully while I read out all the pairings alright?" Teacher Lee picked up his paper. "First, Byun Baekhyun and Han Eunbyul." Loud groans. "Luhan and Yoo Haejung." Shy smiles. "Kim Jonghyun and Park Ji Eun."
 
L.Joe twirled the pen around his fingers as Teacher Lee went down the namelist.
 
"Lee Taemin and Oh Jooyeon."
 
L.Joe spun the pen once more.
 
"Lee Byunghun and Lee Chaekyung."
 
The pen dropped.
 
...
 
"WHAT?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
Well... life . Heh.
 
 
 
 
 
----
 
Sorry it's a short chapter T.T I'm having exams soon and really busy at school :( Hope you guys understand!