Observing

The Pretty One II

The students were slowly getting used to the fact that their school's princess was taken again. L.Joe and Chaekyung could be seen hanging out together with Jaekyung and L most of the times and it was a really pretty scene as if it came out of poster.

No one realized that the L.Joe Chaekyung couple didn't really hang out when it was the two of them, rather, they only hung out when Jaekyung was around.

As time passed, L.Joe realized that Chaekyung was serious when she said she would do anything to stop him from destroying Jaekyung and L's relationship. She wasn't lying when she said that she was against him pursuing Jaekyung even though he couldn't figure out the reason.

Sure perhaps she was nice and she didn't want to steal her sister's boyfriend, but still her sister did steal from her first. So wouldn't she want revenge? Wasn't this girl slightly selfish at all?

Unless the girl wasn't in love with L anymore, L.Joe couldn't think of any reason how this girl could be so selfless.

And so he observed.

-----

Chaekyung pushed the vegetables on her plate to the side and only picked at the salmon fillet. L.Joe raised his brows at her. "You really are a princess, being picky about food huh." he snickered. "Not eating vegetables like a kid?"

Chaekyung stuck her tongue out at him and made a face. "Whatever."

She proceeded to ignore him as she took a large bite of her fillet. L.Joe stared at her for a bit before flicking the side of her head. Chaekyung's head shot up and she gaped at him. "Yah!"

"You're going to die early if you don't eat a balanced meal, you better finish those." L.Joe instructed. "As much as I hat-" he caught himself as he glanced at the Infinite boys and he swallowed. "I mean, since I LOOOOVE you so much princess, I want you to be healthy." he emphasized. A shiver went down both his and Chaekyung's spine and it took everything they had not to burst out laughing.

However the rest of the gang took it seriously and the girls were internally squealing and praising L.Joe for being the romantic. "You two are so cute." Sungyeol commented, grinning widely and leaning against Dongwoo. "I love you dongdong, I want you to be healthy~" he squeaked in a high pitched voice.

Dongwoo cooperated and patted Sungyeol's head. "Baby I'll eat all the veggies. I'll be healthy for you." he jutted his lips out.

Sunggyu beamed cutely at Woohyun. "But i'll only eat if oppa feeds me~" he cooed. Woohyun smacked his lips loudly and fed a piece of cucumber to Sunggyu. "Only for you princess~" he cooed.

Yoomi shook her head and laughed loudly at her boyfriend while the rest of the girls clutched at their tummies, laughing madly. Jaekyung chuckled and shook her head while L smiled in amusement. Only L.Joe and Chaekyung weren't amused. Both of them were more than freaked out by the display as they turned to look at each other. Both rolled their eyes and scoffed. As if that would happen.

"Don't you think this reminds you of when Jaekyung and L hyung first got together?" Sungjong chirped. "The both of them were mushy like this all the time."

"Oh my gosh I remember." Bomi laughed loudly while clapping. She nudged Hoya beside her and smiled sweetly. "Mr Kim."

Hoya caught on quickly and pretended to blush while smiling fakely. "Mrs Kim~" he cooed.

L.Joe blinked and turned to look at Jaekyung and L, noticing that the two had awkward blushing smiles on their faces. "Yah." L cleared his throat, clearly embarrassed.

"It nearly killed me man." Dongwoo howled in laughter at the memory. "Mrs Kiiiiim~~ Do you know what material this is made of?" he pulled at his shirt.

Sunggyu blinked confusedly and shooked his head. Dongwoo smirked and leaned forward with a smirk. "BOYFRIEND MATERIAL!"

The gang burst out in laughter. It did sound silly but they all knew that L could really reach that level of cheesiness with Jaekyung if he wanted to. He loved her so much that pride wasn't that important anymore.

"Now a new couple is here to overtake your honeymoon sweetness." Soomi teased.

L puffed out his chest and pouted. "We're still as sweet as ever okay?" he winked at Jaekyung. "The mother to my future children, the lady of my future house, the owner of my heart, the-"

"OKAY WE GOT IT DUDE STOP." Sungyeol cringed.

L laughed and tugged at Jaekyung's hair as her head was bent. "Why, embarrassed of your future husband?" The girls burst into squeals while the guys groaned at L's cheesiness. Jaekyung's cheeks coloured and she slapped L's arm lightly. "Myungsoo!"

L.Joe inwardly scoffed at L's cheesy line. He could do better than that and wasn't that guy embarrassed at all? Look how Jaekyung was blushing already, didn't that guy know that he was making his girlfriend feel uncomfortable? If HE, LEE BYUNGHUN, was Jaekyung's boyfriend, such sweet talk would be for her ears and her ears only.

He snorted and glanced over at Chaekyung, feeling the sudden need to check on her now that he knew of her secret feelings for L. Chaekyung didn't look too different from normal, she just focused on her smoothie and stirred her drink with her straw, her gaze completely focused on the smooth yellow mango smoothie. Even Chaekyung's friends didn't think anything was wrong with her behavior or that anything was weird.

However L.Joe could tell. He didn't know if it was because he had the prior knowledge that she liked L, or it was because he spent so much time with Chaekyung the past week they started "dating" that he grew accustomed to her behaviors and expressions, but he could tell her discomfort even thought she was doing a great job at hiding it.

She glanced at L and Jaekyung as if she kept telling herself not to but she couldn't help herself. And when she finally looked, it seemed as if she deeply regretted her choice and she flinched, not very visibly, and she immediately returned her gaze back to her smoothie once more.

The originally talkative Chaekyung was suddenly quiet, her eyes shining with an emotion L.Joe never saw in her eyes before.

Pain. It was pain.

L.Joe drew back, surprised, but at the same time not really. How could he be completely surprised when he knew just what Chaekyung felt for L? Unreprociated love big time.

It never really occurred to him that Chaekyung might be hurting badly, but at that moment he saw the truth clearer than anyone else. This girl was hurting and she didn't let anyone know, didn't let anyone near enough to comfort her or provide her support. That could be due to pride or whatever, L.Joe didn't know.

What L.Joe could't figure out was why she really seemed so sincere about not wanting to sabotage L and Jaekyung's relationship. That wasn't even an act, it was as if it was her life mission to make sure the two lived happily ever after.

The most selfless person had to be selfish at times. Why was Chaekyung so giving especially in such a sensitive issue as love?

L.Joe watched Chaekyung with a slight frown. There seemed to be more to this girl than he originally thought.