One Month Anniversary

The Pretty One II

DOUBLE UPDATED! Go back one chapter!

 

"You're gonna what?" Niel squealed. "OMOMOMO This is so sweet I think I'm getting diabetes."

L.Joe winced because Niel's sharp voice rang loud in his earpiece. "Quit shouting you sissy." he muttered, rubbing his ears. "It hurts my ears."

"But it's still so sweeeeeet. Awww." Changjo agreed and both Niel and him cooed in appreciation. L.Joe rolled his eyes and snorted. "I knew I shouldn't have asked you guys. You would know anyway."

"Like hello hyung I'm the one who gave you the idea of using Chaekyung to get closer to Jaekyung in the first place." Niel pouted cutely. "You should be thanking me instead."

Changjo tapped his chin. "But back to the topic, hmm what do you do to celebrate a first month anniversary?" he pondered out loud, confused. "I haven't had a girlfriend before. I don't know."

"Hyung you dated before, you should know." Niel wrinkled his nose. "Why are you asking us for advice? You never did when you dated before."

"That's because he never really cared when he dated before." Chunji finally spoke the first time since their web meeting. He pushed the two dongsaengs out of the frame and stared back at L.Joe. "Can you please explain to me what is happening L.Joe? You told me yourself that you've given up on courting Jaekyung so why haven't you ended this fake thing with Chaekyung yet?"

"WHAT?" Niel and Changjo screamed from the side. "NEW UPDATES? DETAILS!!!"

L.Joe ignored them and stared at Chunji. "What's it to you. I'm just asking for some ideas for the first month anniversary, if you don't have anything to suggest-"

"Why are you so defensive? Because you know you did something wrong?" Chunji stressed. "When you blackmailed Chaekyung to get close to her sister, it was already wrong. But now you're lying to Chaekyung as well. Don't you think she should at least have the right to know why you want to have her by your side at every possible moment?"

"I don't...I don't know okay?" L.Joe grumbled, frustrated. Why was Chunji hyung trying to force him to admit things he wasn't sure about at the moment? He didn't know alright, he just knew he wanted to be close to Chaekyung and that was it. He didn't want to make moves when he wasn't sure, and he knew that even if he was sure about his feelings, he wouldn't act on it straightaway. He knew that Chaekyung was recovering from her heartbreak from L, and she was still in love with that darn guy. He didn't want to force her to make a decision so quickly.

"Aish you're not of help at all." L.Joe muttered. "Bye." he hung up.

He stared at his phone and chose not to think about Chunji's question, but instead opened his laptop to search for possible ideas for the upcoming first month anniversary with Chaekyung. Even if they weren't dating for real, he wanted her to have a memorable first month anniversary. With him.

 

 

 

Chaekyung wrinkled her nose at the L.Joe's text.

"Unnie! Can L oppa give me a lift to school today?" She turned to her sister who was getting ready for school. "Ariel says he isn't giving me a ride today."

"Sure." Jaekyung smiled. "What's wrong? Is he sick or something?" she asked in concern as the both of them prepared to leave. Chaekyung sighed worriedly and shook her head. "I don't know, he didn't pick up his phone." she stared at her phone in concern.

Jaekyung's smile widened when she saw the worry on her sister's face. Awwwww~ "Don't worry, I'm sure he's fine." She patted Chaekyung's shoulder. "Come on, I think I hear Myungsoo's car."

Chaekyung nodded, still looking at her phone. What happened to L.Joe?

----

The three of them strolled into school like old times. Chaekyung thought about the times when she had been infatuated with L so much that she never even realized what was happening between L and her sister. She must have been blind then to not notice, because anyone could tell both of them loved each other dearly. It was strange that she didn't see it.

It was also strange that now...she didn't feel it that bad now when she spent time alone with the couple. She didn't cringe that much when she saw L and Jaekyung together.

She didn't know what it meant, but it was definitely good if she wasn't suffering as much. 

Maybe L.Joe's insistent presence around her distracted her from her pain and heartbreak, which brought her to her next concern of where the hell her faux boyfriend was. It wasn't that she was missing him or anything, oh don't get her wrong, why in the world would she miss him right?

She was just...just...feeling strangely empty without him by her side and the nagging worry that buzzed in her head didn't help either.

Chaekyung twisted her lips and glanced at her phone once more, annoyed. That guy had better reply her soon.

 

 

 

 

Once the three entered the hallway, there was an obvious shift in demeanour and whispers. Everyone seemed to be on a standstill as they watched on with careful, calculated stolen glances. Strange.

L and Jaekyung were feeling the weird gazes as well and they looked equally puzzled. "Is something wrong with our attire today?" Jaekyung looked down at her casual white tee and floral shorts.

"You know, I don't think they're looking at us." L whispered, scratching his head. He glanced over Jaekyung's head at Chaekyung. "I think they're looking at Chae."

Chaekyung was confused and puzzled with the obvious shift in reaction and even more suspicious when her friends waiting at her locker were having similar expressions. "Is anything wrong today? Everyone is behaving so weirdly." Chaekyung muttered as she got her books.

"Is it?" Bomi looked around in fake innocence. "I don't know."

"Maybe it's because of the show going on in the cafeteria." Soomi added helpfully.

"Show?" Chaekyung raised her brows. "What show?"

Yoomi grinned and tugged on her friend's wrist. "Curious? Let's go and see."

The girls pulled Chaekyung along with them towards the cafeteria. What was strange was that the crowd actually parted to let them through as if they were filming a movie of some sort.

"Who's performing?" Chaekyung wondered out loud at the commotion. A superstar arrived? The cafeteria was filled to the brim with people and Chaekyung could hardly see who was up on stage with the guitar. She thought she caught a glimpse of red hair underneath the cap but she must have been hallucinating.

Strangely, the crowd too parted for her this time and she thanked her way to the front, until she was finally just before the makeshift stage. Her eyes widened at the guy on stage even though she had yet to catch his face because he was looking down and his cap and fringe were covering his face.

Was that....?

"Today I dedicate this special song to a special someone in my life." He suddenly spoke into the mike, causing Chaekyung to jump in surprise at that familiar voice. No way. He did not just... "Today I'm going to be singing Miss Right, hope all of you listen well."

A familiar smirk graced his features when he met with her eyes and he gave her a charming wink, sending the female audience cooing in appreciation.

Chaekyung stood there in shock and surprise, not knowing what to think as L.Joe started strumming the first few chords on the guitar. L.Joe. Lee Byunghun. Her Ariel.

Gawd. What in the world?

L.Joe's voice came out steady and soothing as he started, changing the originally quirky song into a cute ballad. What made everyone melt was that the entire time, his eyes were fixed on one person and one person only: Lee Chaekyung.

Chaekyung couldn't look away, her heart thudding so hard in her chest that she thought she should stand further away from the mike lest everyone heard it. The intent gaze was not at all helping with her flutters because it only aided to melt her into a puddle.

She wasn't supposed to feel like this with L.Joe. But somehow he managed to make her crumble even if he wasn't the best gentleman or the best singer. 

"She, with the long straight hair, I keep thinking about her even with my eyes closed," L.Joe sang. "She, with long straight hair, I feel like I'm going out of my mind." He had the face to actually smirk at her at this line, causing her to blush furiously.

Chaekyung struggled to remember the date because L.Joe was successfully hogging her entire attention. What special occasion was it? Why the big display?

The song came to an end and everyone cheered. Some of the teachers even came to watch the performance and they clapped in amusement at the display of affection. L.Joe grinned and took the mike off the stand, smiling a crooked boyish smile. "So does anyone know who that song was for?" he asked the crowd.

"LEE CHAEKYUNG!!!" Everyone chorused.

Chaekyung's cheeks burned even redder and L.Joe laughed, gesturing for her to come up the makeshift stage. Without even giving her time to hesitate, Chaekyung's friends pushed her up while L.Joe caught onto her hand, tugging her up next to him. 

His arm wrapped around her waist and his lips pulled into a boyish uncertain smile at her. It was all the more endearing because the confident L.Joe was actually hesitating.

"Did you like the song?" he whispered away from the mike so only she could hear it. Chaekyung gazed up at him and nodded furiously. How could she not? "I love it." she admitted.

The boyish smile turned into a full-fledged grin. "Good, I'm glad you liked it."

He lowered his head and pressed his lips onto the top of her head. "Happy first month, princess."

The crowd cheered crazily and the Infinite boys were going mad as they jumped around excitedly like a bunch of childish babies. Even the teachers had to smile at the display and didn't have the heart to scold the couple for their public display that was certainly disrupting all morning classes.

Chaekyung blushed and buried her face into L.Joe's chest, never feeling as contented and as grateful as she felt that moment. "Thank you." she murmured.

She felt him caress the back of her head and a jerk of tears welled up in her eyes. God, did she even have the right to be so happy when they weren't even dating for real?

However this happiness she felt was a hundred percent real. This moment was a hundred percent precious to her.

The girl with long straight hair, as stated in the song, it wasn't even her was it. Even though Chaekyung's hair had grown longer since the previous year to beneath her shoulders, it still wasn't called long and straight if compared to Jaekyung's elbow length beautiful hair.

The song, even if sang on their faux first month, was directed to Jaekyung wasn't it.

A tear slipped out of her eyes before she even knew it, and her fingers curled around L.Joe's shirt. He thought she was just touched and he chuckled in amusement, rubbing her arms. "Babo it's just a song, why are you getting so emotional about?"

Exactly. She shouldn't even feel emotional because he was doing this to impress her sister, not her. And the fact that she already felt emotional made it all the more worse.

Because she couldn't help but wish the girl he sang about was really her.

 

 

 

-----

Hi guys! So sorry for the very long absence on AFF :( Life has been really busy and I hope you guys understand.

On a side note, amazing My6TeenzOnTop actually composed a song for this fanfic OH MY GOODNESS. It's really amazing so go and check out Lee Chaekyung's Theme (click on the words!) now!!