|| Chapter 9 ||

My 12 Guardian Soulmates

For the past few days, Miyung has been training with EXO. She still found running thirty times up and down the hill ridiculous and wondered how they managed to do it like it's nothing. No doubt has the training increased her stamina and fighting skills but her powers were not activated recently and she decided to trigger it using the method Xiumin suggested.

 

It was late at night. Miyung was at her study desk in her room. She took out a piece of paper and a pencil from her drawer. Miyung concentrated on the paper, blocking out all the sounds she can hear. Soon, Miyung was in a trance and her pupils turn from dark brown to purple as she saw an image in her head.

Miyung’s hand moved to the paper and started drawing. After a few minutes, she got out of the trance and her pupils went back to its original colour. She looked at the drawing and examined it.

Wait...isn't that the golden ribbon?

The drawing showed a house with the goblin inside, holding the ribbon. Outside the house was a huge rock and people whom Miyung recognised as her and EXO were crouching behind it.

I need to show this to EXO.

Miyung went out of her room and knocked on everyone’s door. Once she reached the lounge area, she shouted, "Wake up guys! I have something to show you!”

No one came out of the room. Miyung thought of an idea and smirked.

"HELP!! THE DEMONS ARE HERE!"

Soon EXO ran out of their rooms and into the lounge, except for Kai who teleported right beside Miyung.

"Where're the demons?" Chen asked.

"I wanted to show you guys something," Miyung held up her drawing. "I followed Xiumin’s advice and tried to trigger my power. It worked and I drew this."

"So there are no demons?" Baekhyun folded his arms and Miyung shake her head.

"Yah Miyung! I was having my beauty sleep!" Tao yelled in her ear. He was wearing a white facial mask.

"Sorry guys. In my defence, I did knock on the doors, but you didn’t react." You looked down at your feet and tried to hold in your laughter after looking at Tao.

"Isn't that the golden ribbon?" Chanyeol lifted his glasses to take a better look.

"That was what I wanted to show you. If you look at the image, it's as if we are hiding behind a rock. I believe that this is what we are going to do when we reach there."

"That is one hideous looking goblin." Kai commented as he looked over Chanyeol's shoulder.

"Just look at its face it's just so-argh. I'm getting goosebumps." Kai rubbed both his arms.

"Can we wait till tomorrow morning to discuss about this? We plan to leave tomorrow afternoon anyway."Kyungsoo yawned and slung an arm around Miyung’s shoulder.

“You guys go first. Me and Kris need to discuss some matters regarding tomorrow.” Suho said as he shoo’ed everyone to their rooms.

“Have a good night’s rest! We have a big day tomorrow.” Kris added.


It was six in the morning. Miyung and EXO were seated in a circle at the training area.

"After discussing with Suho, we think it's safest if we take the golden ribbon first, followed by the crystal, and then the book of spells from the Demon Lord." Kris said.

"What about the Demon's blood?" Sehun asked.

"I'm sure they will come and look for Miyung. When that happens, we can collect the blood when we kill them." Chen responded.

"Okay then it's settled!" Suho clapped his hands.

"We will come back here after collecting each item to recuperate. Once we get all the items, we will take the book of spells and destroy the Demon Lord once and for all." Suho cracked his knuckles.

"Call!" Everyone shouted.

After the meeting, all of them went to prepare for their trip to the Land of Goblins. Miyung was packing the bags for everyone to carry, with Luhan, Lay, Baekhyun, Chen and Sehun.

"Hun, can you pass me the bag over there?" Miyung pointed. Sehun nodded giddily, happy that Miyung gave him a nickname. When he was about to grab the bag, the bag started to move itself towards Miyung.

"Thanks, Luhan." Luhan patted Miyung’s head in response.

"Hey! I was supposed to pass Miyung the bag not you! It's not fair." Sehun grumbled as he folded his arms and pouted a little. Luhan just shrugged and Miyung side hugged Sehun to appease him.

Meanwhile, Xiumin, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo were in the kitchen packing food.

"I don't think we need that much steamed buns." Chanyeol pointed to a dozen of packet steamed buns piled up on the table.

Xiumin made a face. "Of course, we need all of them! They will keep us warm and full." He started kissing the buns.

Chanyeol pretended to gag and turned to look at Kyungsoo who was carefully lining the salt on all the windows and doors, holding a 2kg packet of salt with him.

Kyungsoo looks like an idiot He thought and sniggered.

"I know you're laughing at me," Kyungsoo said without looking up, "You will thank me for this."

"Yes yes of course." Chanyeol said sarcastically.

><><><><><><><

"I think we should bring the more useful weapons." Tao suggested.

He and Kai were in the training area picking which weapons to bring.

"Everybody should have at least one of The Colt." Kai took the thirteen guns and handed them to Tao.

Tao placed them aside and took some swords and his favourite nun chucks which has a button at the end that he could press so his opponents will get an electric shock if they are holding onto it.

"Let's give the Ruby's knife to Baekhyun since he's good at handling knifes." Tao said as he started to decide on who should use what weapons.

><><><><><><<><

Kris and Suho were in the meeting room organising and familiarising themselves with the map of the Land of Goblins.

"Oh, I didn't know the Land Of Goblins and The Palace Of Doom are not the official names for those places." Suho wondered aloud.

"What's the official names?" Kris leaned towards Suho who was researching on the computer.

"For the Land of Goblins is 'Shades Of Death Road' and the Palace Of Doom is 'Leap Castle'."

"Creepy names for creepy places." Kris commented and the other agreed.


"Everyone ready?" Suho asked.

"Yeah man!"

"Alright!"

"All ready!"

All of them were gathered in the living room, and, Tao and Kai just finished distributing the weapons. Each of them had a small bag with some food and weapons. Some weapons were hidden in the pocket of their shoes that was specially made for storing weapons or attached to their belt.

"Okay, all of you know the plan, right?" Kris asked and everyone nodded.

"Good. So, let's try to take the ribbon as fast as we can, and if possible, try not to alert the goblins." Kris continued.

Everyone stood in a circle, hand in hand. Miyung stood in between Lay and Kai. They waited as Kai got ready to teleport all of them to the Shades of Death Road.

"Three, two, one."

Miyung felt a wave of dizziness hit her as her surroundings became black. In a blink of an eye, everything went back to normal as she found herself and EXO in a dark, eerie place.

"Are we here yet?" Chanyeol wondered.

Miyung look around and saw a sign.

"Yeah, look." Miyung pointed to a signboard and all heads turned to the direction she was pointing.

It read:

Shades Of Death Road

BEWARE: Man-eating creatures

Enter at your own risk.....