|| Chapter 10 ||

My 12 Guardian Soulmates

The sky was pitch black and there were trees at every corner. There was not a single animal. It was like they knew how dangerous this place was. The sound of the wind and the rustling leaves filled Miyung’s ears. The whole place reeked of dead bodies and she even saw some lying around.

Suho ushered everyone to get into their teams. Team A -  Xiumin, Kai, Kyungsoo and Chen. Team B – Miyung, Baekhyun, Tao, Lay and Kris. Lastly, Team C - Suho, Chanyeol, Luhan and Sehun.

"Alright. All of you have your speakers attached to your ear right?" Suho asked and everyone nodded.

"Good. Everyone has to update each other on the situation. We go in, get the ribbon and get out of here. Everyone clear?" Kris asked.

"Yes." The rest of you chorused.

"Let's do this ." Kris cracked his knuckles.

Xiumin's team headed West, Miyung’s team headed East and Suho's team headed North.

 


 

Kris was in front, leading. Behind him was Lay, Miyung, Baekhyun and lastly Tao. They were already quite far from the entrance. Suddenly, green mist started appearing. Miyung bumped into Lay's back as he stopped abruptly.

What the heck-

Miyung’s thoughts got interrupted when Baekhyun and Tao bumped into her.

 "Lay, why did you stop?" Miyung whispered.

"It wasn't me. It was Kris." Lay pointed to the leader.

"Shhh..." The said person put his finger to his lips.

He scanned the surroundings and saw that the mist being emitted from the flowers on the trees.

It can't be...

"Quick! Everyone cover your nose! Don't breathe in the mist no matter what!" Kris whispered harshly as he took out a mask from his bag and the rest followed suit.

"Run!" Kris started running with the team following behind him closely.

When they reached a safe spot away from the mist, Tao asked "Why did you ask us to run? It's just mist."

"That mist is no ordinary mist. It is poisonous. When inhaled, it can result in a slow and painful death." Kris explained and Tao gulped.

"Team B, what happened?" All of you heard Suho's worried voice through the device attached at your ear.

Baekhyun pressed a button on the device and answered "We just ran into a poisonous mist.

"Is anyone hurt?" Luhan's concerned voice filled Miyung’s ears.

"We're fine. We managed to escape. Don't worry too much." Lay assured.

"Be careful. I don't want anyone to get hurt." Suho said.

"Same to you guys." Kris responded before the conversation ended.

Miyung saw light coming from afar and tapped Tao's shoulder.

"I think that's the place we're looking for." Miyung showed him the house that was about five hundred metres away.

"Looks like it. I’ll go inform Kris while you inform the rest."

><><><><><><><><

“What’s taking them so long?” Chanyeol asked as he paced up and down at the meeting area.

After Miyung informed the rest, they decided to meet three hundred metres away at the north of the house. Suho’s team reached slightly after Miyung’s. The trees ruffled as Xiumin appeared followed by the rest.

"Sorry we took so long. Kyungsoo got stuck in quicksand and we had a hard time pulling him out." Chen explained.

Start of Flashback

Team A was on the way to meet up with your team.

"Hey guys, look here" Kai said as he stood in front of a signboard.

"Quicksand ahead." Chen read.

"Yah Kyungsoo come back here!" Xiumin called out.

"Why? There's nothing- Urgh. Why is the soil here so squishy?" Kyungsoo said as he stepped on the soil.

"Whatever you do, do not panic and don't make too many movements." Kai said.

"Why are you saying like there is a monster near me?" Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders and started walking to Kai.

*Why can't I lift my feet?* He looked down and saw that he was sinking.

"Oh my god! I’m sinking!" Kyungsoo started to wailing and moving his whole body.

"Stop moving! You will sink slower.” Xiumin said and Kyungsoo immediately stopped moving. The quicksand was now at his waist.

"Here grab this." Chen held out a long branch and Kyungsoo stretched his arms.

"On Three. One, two three!"

All three of them flew backwards and fell on the ground.

"Guys! Get up and try again!!! I'm going to die here." Kyungsoo said flatly.

"One two three."

The same thing happened.

"Yah Kyungsoo why are you so heavy?!" Xiumin demanded.

"You don't even eat as much buns as Xiumin!" Chen agreed.

"What did you say? You little-"

"Guys?! Yoohoo hello?! Sorry to interrupt your little squabble,but I’m still stuck in the fricking quicksand! My arms are tired from holding this stick. “The quicksand was now at his shoulders.

With their new-found energy, they took the stick.

"One, two, THREE."

They pulled with all their might and Kyungsoo finally came out of the quicksand.

"Good job! Now let's go find Miyung and the others." D.O. walked in front, leaving Kai, Chen and Xiumin on the floor.

"That ungrateful brat." Chen muttered.

"Let's go before we lose him." Kai helped the two up and they followed Kyungsoo.

End of Flashback

"Someone is coming." Sehun whispered and gestured everyone to hide behind a large boulder.

Miyung looked out and saw a goblin holding a ribbon in the house.

This scene. It’s what I drew!

 They watched as the goblin approached another goblin and they walked into the house.

They decided to hide in the bushes according to their teams. Miyung peeked her head out and saw the goblin putting the ribbon on a shelf before going to the dining table where the rest are and started eating what seems like a human. She watched as the human, which was still alive, being ruthlessly torn apart by the goblin. She was about to scream in horror when a hand covered just in time.

She looked to the side and saw Baekhyun, who shake his head solemnly.

"Luhan, can you use your power to take the ribbon?" Kris asked through the ear piece.

"I'll try."

Luhan stood up a bit, making sure not to get spotted and saw the ribbon. He narrowed his eyes to the ribbon and stretched out his hand. The ribbon started moving towards him and landed on his hand.

That was easy.

"Yes! You did it." Sehun slightly pumped his fist in the air.

"Let's get out of here." Chanyeol said.

Suddenly, an ear-piercing scream could be heard. Miyung turned her head and saw a goblin standing in the bushes. Before anyone could react, goblins started surrounding them in all directions.

"What do we do now? There's about fifty of them." Lay said as he got into position.

The goblins started moving towards them.

"Split up into small groups. Use your powers and get out of here as fast as possible. Meet at the entrance. Call for help if you need it." Kris instructed as he took out his weapons and charged forward.

All hell broke loose.

Miyung and Luhan were back-to-back fighting against ten of the goblins. Kris flew up and used his bow and arrows to shoot them. Chen used his power and zapped them.

Suho and Xiumin combined their powers to kill the goblins. Sehun was using his power to create a tornado. Killing the goblins was easy for Kai since he can teleport. Chanyeol went around burning them.

Lay was fighting and healing anyone who was hurt. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun were protecting Tao as he was trying to concentrate to use his power.

A goblin slashed Miyung arm, making her wince in pain. She looked around and analysed the situation. Kris got shot by an arrow on his leg, Chen had bruises all of his body, Suho got stabbed in the leg, Xiumin had wounds on his face and arms. Chanyeol had injuries on his body, Kai got slashed on his back, and Lay was currently healing him but it was obvious that his energy is depleting fast. D.O. and Baekhyun were fighting side by side with Tao behind them helping and trying to use his power.

Just then, Miyung saw a goblin holding a sword behind Sehun ready to pierce his heart anytime.

"Sehun! Miyung stabbed the goblin that was running to her and rushed to Sehun. You pushed Sehun away and the goblin stabbed you instead.

Miyung ignored the pain and used the Ruby’s Knife to stab its heart. It let out a scream and fell to the ground, motionless.

Another goblin was approaching her. But before it could do anything, everything was frozen.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" Tao's voice boomed through the whole forest.

Sehun helped Miyung up and supported her as everyone started running to the entrance. Their speed was much slower than usual due to their wounds. Miyung internally thanked the thirty rounds that she had to run every day. Without it, she would not have been able to last so long

"HUANG ZITAO!" Kris shouted. Miyung looked up and saw that Tao had collapsed. He was sweating profusely and his veins were visible on his arms.

"H-Hurry. I c-can't hold them back a-a-anymore." Tao said before he passed out.

Almost immediately, footsteps could be heard in the distant.

“They are coming!” Lay shouted.

Kris lifted Tao on his shoulder and began to run. Xiumin could see the entrance right in front. “Just a little more!”

"Miyung!" Sehun cried.

Miyung fell to the ground as her body succumbed to the various wounds, especially the one on her waist. Lay did not have time to heal you just now and she did not want to bother him as his energy was decreasing.

"We are reaching there! It's about three hundred meters away." Chen shouted.

Miyung forcefully picked yourself up with the help of Sehun and Baekhyun.

The goblins were right behind them. When she reached the entrance, she heard a voice in her head.

Do not be scared. Go to the goblins and raise your hand.

Miyung shook her head, confused at the voice, but decided to follow it.

"Miyung! Where are you going?"

"Come back here!"

Miyung was now in front of about a hundred goblins. They seemed to have multiplied. She raised her hand and felt a strong power rising from deep within her. She let out a scream, and all the goblins flew back and were now lying on the ground lifelessly.

Miyung collapsed onto the ground. The last thing she heard was EXO calling her name before her eyes rolled to the back of her head.