|| Chapter 1 ||

My 12 Guardian Soulmates

       

“Bye mum, dad! I’ll be late tonight so don’t wait for me!" Miyung shouted as she picked up her bag and headed towards the front door.

"Bye honey! Have a nice day!" Her parents chorused as they watched her leave.

Miyung was an average girl. She had a normal family, a few good friends, average results… Well, the only thing that sets her apart from other average people was her overly optimistic aura surrounding her. Oh, not to mention the fact that she has been learning martial arts ever since she could remember.

Miyung ran to the bus stop and saw her good friend, Sumin, already waiting for her.

“Yah! Late again!” Sumin nudged her good friend’s shoulder.

“You know me, when will I ever be early?” The two looked at each other before bursting out in laughter.

They continued their daily routine of Miyung fantasising about her imaginary boyfriend and Sumin doing the reality check for her. The two alighted the bus as they made their way to school.

“Holy ! That’s him. Freaking hot. How I wish he’s my boyfriend.” Miyung whispered to Sumin as she looked at the hottest boy in school and started to fan herself.

“One thing’s for sure, if don’t make the first move, other girls will get him.” Sumin said as she pointed to a girl that was confessing her love to the hottest guy in school as Miyung pouted in defeat.

The bell rang signalling the start of lessons and the pair quickly took their books from the locker as they headed to the lecture theatre

RINGGGG......RINGGGG

Miyung shake her head as she nudged her sleeping friend awake. Sumin jolted up and stretched her hand as she started packing her stuff.

“Not to be mean but Miss Bong totally has to go. I couldn’t even stop my eyelids from closing. How did you even manage to stay awake during lectures?! Lectures are the most boring ever.” Sumin complained as they went out of the theatre.

“Well, for starters, maybe you should try writing some notes down. Writing helps one to stay awake.” Miyung laughed as they head to the cafeteria.

Their jaws drop when they saw the queues. Ever since the junior high students joied the school, there was not a single day were there was a short queue. Sighing, the pair joined the shortest queue as they continued to joke around and chat.

“Oh yeah man! Sumin out of this hellhole!” Sumin shouted as she skipped out of school. School is finally over and they were walking to their part time job at the patbingsu shop across their school.  

“Afternoon Mrs Choi! Miyung and Sumin reporting for work!” The pair greeted as they entered and wore the store’s uniform.

Soon the afternoon crowed started flooding in and the store became a full house. 

Miyung and Sumin scurried between the kitchen and the tables without stopping to rest. After what felt like hours, Miyung’s shift ended. Sumin had to leave early to babysit her cousins. Miyung glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 11:30pm. She was preparing to leave when the boss called her.

“Here’s some patbingsu for you to bring home and eat. It’s my treat since your birthday is tomorrow.” Miyung gratefully took the plastic bag from Mrs Choi, and thanked her, surprised that she remembered her birthday.

 She cleaned the entire shop and changed back into her school uniform before locking up the shop with Mrs Choi. Miyung had no choice but to walk home since the buses are no longer in service at this hour.

She plucked in her earphones into her phone and listened to music as she walked on the dimly-lit street. Suddenly, her vision blurred and a scene appeared in her mind. 

"HELP ME!" 

A girl was being cornered by gangsters as they tried to rob her. 

"Shut up!" One of them said and slapped her face. 

What the hell was that? Miyung thought as she held onto her head and turned towards the alley. 

"HELP ME!" Miyung immediately looked at the direction the voice was coming from. If I didn’t know better, I would’ve thought that the voice was exactly the same as-

was agape when she witnessed the scene of the gangsters and the girl. Oh holy mother of kimchi god. Isn’t that the girl?! Long hair? Check. Pink tracksuit? Check. Surrounded by gangsters? Check. It’s real, my gosh it’s real.

"Shut up!" One of the gangsters said and slapped the girl's face. 

Another scream from the girl pulled Miyung back to reality and without hesitation, she grabbed a rod and sprinted towards the gangsters. 

There was a total of 5 gangsters and she hit one of their heads with a rod. The others started tackling her all at once and she kicked one of them in the gut and punched him multiple times on his face causing him to faint, sent a flying kick knocking out the other two while the last one just ran away before she could do anything to him. What a coward. Bunch of dimwits. It's easier to defeat them than I thought.

"Thank you so much!" The girl bowed to Miyung gratefully. 

"It's nothing. Can you go home yourself?"

" I'll be fine." She assured. "Thank you once again."

 The heck happened? I totally need to tell Sumin about this first thing in the morning! This is so unreal. Am I going crazy?

Miyung watched as the girl left the alley before turning back and headed home, shocked and dazed from what happened.


 

 

A/N: First chap up! Real excited to edit the rest!