STORY 7 - THE GIRLS

THE STORY OF US (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SANDARA’s POV

 

 

I am an epitome of flabbergasted.

 

When Bom, the girl from the elevator, asked us to carpool with her, I wasn’t expecting that her definition of ‘little ride’ is an over the top limousine. A freaking LIMO. I was beyond mortified the moment it stopped in front of us. I guess my jaw is practically dropping on the floor now from too much shock.

 

“I feel undeserving to ride this car,” I whispered after while still gaping at the long car in awe.

 

“Huh? Why is that?”, Bom asked me with amusement in her voice.

 

“This car cost more than my life, I guess,” I answered and she laughed softly at my remark. Don’t get me wrong, this is my first time seeing a limousine in flesh and to top that, also my first time riding it. I don’t get it why we still need to have a ride when our apartment is just 20 minutes away by foot. Oh well, rich people.

 

“Everyone is priceless, Dara. You can’t compare yourself into material things here in the world”, Bom said to me while giving me her sweet smile. I just nodded my head diffidently since I don’t know how to reply without being critical and her sentence is an open ended remark.

 

“Let’s go?”, she chided to me and gave Mr. Handsome (whom she calls alien) beside us a glare who just shrugged his shoulders. The chauffeur, as they called it because I know it only as a ‘driver’, led us professionally to the back seat as he opened it for us. The chauffeur’s tuxedo probably luxurious than the clothes I am wearing. *sigh

 

“Thank you, Bom”, I beamed at her the moment I was settled on my seat. Near the window, FYI.

 

“Oww. No biggie, Dara. If you want, we could always go together to school”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes. I don’t mind at all”

 

“Uhmm…”

 

“Come on, Dara. Do it for me since I’ve been spending my whole university alone so maybe it’s time to have some new company before I graduate”, Bom prompted while eyeing me expectantly.

 

“Oh. Are you in your last year?”

 

“Yes. And I only have few close friends here sooo…”, she looked down to her hands and I don’t understand why she is telling me this but my eyes softened as I stared at her.

 

“Sure. It’s good to have new friends, though”, I smiled at her and she lit up upon hearing my response. Aigoo. I really feel it odd to be friends with rich people since I am far from who they really are but I guess there is no harm on being close with them, right?

 

“So, what year are you currently in?”, she asked.

“I’m a second year student, law as my major”

 

“Really? You might be classmates with my brother”, she lilted in excitement.

 

“Wow. Who’s your brother there?”, I asked even though I know for a fact that I may not still know him since I was absent for half day yesterday because of that annoying Jiyong taking me anywhere and tagging me along with his ditching first day of school scheme. Argh. Just by remembering what happened yesterday makes me want to jump off the car and ditch the school forever.

 

“You know Kwo-“

 

“Sorry to interrupt you girls but you still have another company here”, Bom’s words were interrupted when Mr. Handsome beside suddenly -in making us looked at him. Oh yes, I almost forget that he’s here. This same guy who helped me with my key code, the handsome man who happens to be my neighbor. Wow. I still don’t even know his name yet.

 

“We are having a girl’s talk here”, Bom snapped at him. I saw him open his mouth and about to retort something when the car suddenly stopped. I looked over the window and saw that we already arrived at the entrance of school. Without further ado, Bom forcefully pushed Mr. Handsome out of the car that surprised him. I could only chuckle at the two before getting out of the car.

 

“Thank you Bom for the ride”, I said.

 

“No problem. So, see you around?”, Bom softly said and I could only nodded since I am not sure if we could see each other around the campus. I mean the school composed of eight different buildings.

 

“Yeah. See you around, Sandara”, Mr. handsome smiled at me and I can’t help but to slightly blush when he patted me on the head like a little girl. Aigoo. I’m already having a crush at my second day here at Seoul. I tried to hide the redness of my cheeks with my hair before I waved my hands at the two as they started walking.

 

I was still busy staring at the retreating back of the two when someone grabbed me by the elbow making me yelped in surprise.

 

“Wassup!”

 

“Oh. Chaerin! You scared me there”, I sighed in relief upon realizing that it’s only Chaerin who got me on hold.

 

“I saw you staring blankly ahead”, she simply said while shrugging her shoulders. I only blinked and followed her a little after to walk our way towards our room.

 

“Where have you been yesterday? You missed half of our classes”, she then asked as we turned left. I instantly groaned as memories from yesterday started to flood my mind. Argghhh. I don’t need this first thing in the morning.

 

“Blame it to Jiyong”, I annoyingly blurted out, my eyebrows are meeting at the center.

 

“You knew Jiyong?”, she asked me, looking at me very questioningly.

 

“Unfortunately, yes. I could hope I never knew him”, I hissed while glaring at the floor, imagining it’s Jiyong. I so want to burn his with fire!!!!

 

“How do you knew him?”

 

“Childhood”

 

“That’s odd. He barely talk to anyone just like his sister. No, wait. Let me rephrase it; people barely talk to him”, Chaerin rambled. We finally entered our still empty classroom since we arrived too early. We both settled into a sit.

 

“Not surprising. That guy is like a living hulk”, I commented harshly. That’s true though. I won’t be really surprised if lots of people will line up to enumerate all the bad things Jiyong did. Okay, I’m not tagging him as criminal, he is just an insufferable annoying bastard. All I could remember from my childhood with him is that he’s always pissing me off until I want to throw bricks at him. Arggghhh!!!

 

“I wonder if people even dare to breathe when they are talking to him, I am convinced that he can spit fire”, I added.

 

“Oh gosh. You really knew Jiyong”, Chaerin exclaimed incredulously. “How come? Where have you been yesterday anyway? Good thing you are still alive after spending time with him”

 

I instantly boiled upon remembering what just happened yesterday. Oh my world!!

 

[Flashback] – even though I despise on remembering this scenario. Hooo

 

I was killing Jiyong by the power of my mind as I deeply glared at him. My eyes are already hurting but I don’t care, I want him to combust into flame and poof into dust.

 

“You had enough of your staring. Don't abuse it too much, we are going to see each other more often now", he calmly said and I was ready to leap on him and bite off his head when the waiter arrived together with our food, saving his life from my claws.

 

"Let's eat", he declared once the food are settled in front of us.

 

"I'm not going to eat", I grumbled and continued glaring at him.

 

"I bet my life you didn't take your breakfast"

 

"I am NOT hungry"

 

*GGGGRRRROOOAAAHHHGG

 

Thank you tummy for embarassing me, should at least side on me. Tch. I saw him raised an eyebrow at me but I still hold my ground.

 

"Don't be stubborn, Dara", he said as he started picking up his utensils. I quickly scanned the food on the table and they look so delactable. Woooowww. I so badly want to eat them but I controlled myself. I don't want to eat in front of this pineapple Jiyng.

 

*GRRRROOOAAAGGHHH

 

My stomach released another noise, announcing to everyone that I'm hungry as much as I hate to admit it.

 

"Come on, Dara. Have some pity on your tummy", he looked at me and I scanned the food once again. Screw pride. Screw him. I'm hungry!

 

I straigthened up and hastily picked up the fork to stab any available meat and shove it in my mouth. I hummed in satisfaction as I finally tasted the tender juice inside my mouth. I'm still busy chewing as I stabbed another meat and placed it in mouth.

 

"Jungle girl", I heard his annoying voice but I chose to ignore him. I put my attention fully at the food and devour it like it is my last meal. Aigooo. Why this taste so good?

 

I was eating like a maniac when I suddenly choke on my food. I shut my mouth close as I tried to cough inside. My hand pounding in my chest.

 

I heard Jiyong clicked his tongue before handing me his glass of water. Of course I don't accept it. I get my glass of water with my free hand and gulped it in one go until I can breathe normally again. I can feel some water coming out at the side of my mouth.

 

"Tch. What a messy eater you are", Jiyong hissed and grabbed some tissue to wipe my mouth. I quickly slapped his hand away and glared at him.

 

"Why are you so grumpy at me?", he asked.

 

"Why do you think so?", I asked back.

 

"I don't know. That's why I am asking you"

 

I stared at him in awe for a moment before I huffed away. The nerve of this guy. What does he mean he don't know?! I focused my attention back to the food again and irritably stabbed it multiple times.

 

"Are you mad at me?", he asked making me snapped at him. Is he really asking me these questions? He just looked at me questionigly and that makes me more irrittated.

 

"You disappeared", I spat before shoving the poor meat inside my mouth.

 

"What?", he furrowed his brows as if he doesn't know anything.

 

I sighed in frustration before standing up. I had enough. The food doesn't taste that good anymore so I need to get out of here. He followed suit and grabbed my arm.

 

"Where are you going?"

 

"Tell me Jiyong, why are you acting like this? Why are you being so good to me all of a sudden?", I angrily asked him.

 

"I told you, I am trying to be civilized", he responded and I scoffed. "It's been long years" he added.

 

"Yes, it's been what... 8 long years since the last time you told me you will come back and what happened? You didn't show up, did you?!!", I tauntingly said. I am really started to get angry.

 

"Look, Dara I-" his sentece were cut off when his phone rang. He absentmindedly picked up the call as he tried to grab a hold of me again.

 

"Let's just have this day to catch up", he said.

 

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, JIYONG??"

 

And I started to yell at him. I don't care if the people inside the restaurant will look at me in disquiet. I am angry now. I was yelling at him as he tried to attend the person on his phone.

 

"I'M LEAVING!", I marched my way towards the door. The guts of him to act as if he doesn't do anything. Arrgghhh!!!

 

I was muttering incoherent words under my breath and halted my step when I was welcomed with unfamiliar sight. Dang it! What is this place? Where did that pineapple take me?

 

"Acckkk", I yelped in surprise when I felt my arm being yanked. I don't need to look back to know who did it. So, without further ado, I started yammering him with words while trying to pry his hands off me.

 

He stayed mum and I was surprised when I realized he managed to drag me back inside his car.

 

"JIYONG!!", I shouted at him

 

"You are coming with me whether you like it or not", he sternly said. I was a bit taken aback on how fury his eyes were but I am not going to be tamed.

 

"This is kidnapping!!", I continued to abuse my throat.

 

"Call it whatever you want"

 

He started the engine and drove away to different destinations. We spent half of the days together with me shoutimg and yelling here and there while he on the other hand, stayed unperturbed and just brought me wherever. I am quite amazed on how he tolerated my screams. So to make it short, I just had an annoying day with him.

 

[The end]

 

Oh wait. No! It's not apparently the end since it happened that he is my cladsmate and we share several subjects together. And by severals, it means almost every subjects. Just like this first subject. Argghh.

 

"So, you were childhood friends?", Chaerin asked after listening to my blabber about Jiyong the pineapple.

 

"We used to", I somberly replied.

 

"Hmm. I never knew Jiyong had a friend before", she said while opening a chewing gum and offered some to me.

 

"I guess his jerkiness doesn't work for me", I commented nonchalantly. I was relieved that Chaerin doesn't ask further questions about me and Jiyong since I am not ready to reminisce everything. We just converse into different topic until the room was packed with students. I involuntarily roamed my eyes around the room and I spot no pineapple man inside.

 

I scrunched my nose at the thought. Why am I thinking about him? I brushed that thought and just focused on listening at the professor's lecture.

 

I wonder where he is.

 

What the heck, mind. Stop it!

 

SANDARA’s POV

 

It’s lunch time!

 

My favorite time of the day is whenever food is involved. I merrily hopped my way to the cafeteria with Chaerin walking beside me. She told me that she has a special area in the cafeteria with her group of friends and asked me to join them which, of course, I don’t decline. I guess she already treated me as her own friend. I am not complaining though.

 

My jaw dropped upon entering the cafeteria. Wow, it’s huge. I think it will take me long to get accustomed to this big campus. I trailed behind Chaerin while wandering my eyes.

 

"Chaerin, is the food free here? I don't have gold to purchase one", I asked her earning me an amused look from her before she chuckled.

 

"This cafeteria is all access food and free exclusively to SLU students"

 

"Great! That got me worried", I hopped my way towards the food alley but she yanked me and pushed me down to a seat. I gave her a questioning look.

 

"We are not going to buy food. My friend will bring us food", she told me and I just nodded in response. That will be great to know.

 

We are calmly waiting for her friends when we heard someone cheerfully calling Chaerin’s name. We snapped our head when a girl suddenly propped herself in front of our seat.

 

“Bom?”, I exclaimed when I finally recognized her.

 

“Oh my gosh. Dara!!”, she shrieked and gave me a quick hug. I saw Chaerin eyeing the two of us in confusion.

 

“It seems like the two of you already know each other”, she affirmed. Bom let go of me and turned to Chaerin to also give her a hug.

 

“Yes. We just met e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter