STORY 6 - SEUNGHYUN

THE STORY OF US (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGHYUN’s POV

 

 

“Park Bom?”

 

I scanned the documents that was given to me one more time before directing my attention to Mr. Jang, our chief police head officer.

 

“Yes. She’s going to be your assignment now”, he calmly said and I nodded my head in understanding. I looked at the file once again and for some reason, I cannot take off my eyes at the picture plastered at the document. I unconsciously picked it up to have a closer look and I am already hooked. Wowww. I’m convinced this is a picture of an angel.

 

 “Beautiful, isn’t she?”

 

I could only nod as my eyes were still glued at this beautiful portrait in my hands.

 

“You can keep that photo if you want. You look already smitten”, I heard our chief said before chuckling. Oh hell yes, I’m keeping this. I smiled as I took my wallet and carefully slid the photo inside.

 

“Creep”, Mr. Jang then blurted out teasingly but I care not. Who wouldn’t fall for that beauty, anyways? Only blind man will not appreciate her beauty.

 

“By the way, what does Park beauty Bom has to do with our newest project now?”, Whoa. I 100% agreed that I am already smitten just by looking at her photo. Tsk.

 

“She could be our bridge”

 

“Bridge?”

 

“Yes. As I review the case, Park Bom is actually the one who is connected and has relations to all the suspects we had so far. So getting her in our circle will be a big advantage for us in knowing more details”

 

“So, what exactly my role here?”, I asked while furrowing my eyebrows.

 

“You need to be close with Bom, befriend her or whatsoever. Get her trust and when the time comes, we are going to get the right details from her so we could finished this case”, he replied in a very serious tone.

 

“You mean, we are going to use her?”, I asked curiously, totally not getting it. Mr. Jang raised an eyebrow at me and gaze lowly at me as if he’s judging my whole human existence.

 

“You can be stupid sometimes for someone who topped the national police board exam, Seughyun”, he mockingly said making me twitched my lips. Is that an insult? Because I am insulted.

 

“I just don’t get why we need to swayed Park Bom when we can just go directly to the people who are involved in this case”, I dependent myself.

 

“Wow. You are not yet seeing her and you are already being protective, huh”, he just laughed. Oh c’mon. It’s just not about the girl. I need clarity here. He then straightened from his sit and looked at me seriously Ooookkaaaayyy. It’s happening now!! I took a deep breath as I prepared myself to listen to him. This is the kind of scenario you can see on the television when a police are seriously discussing about some matters as if planning how to win the world war. This is what I signed up for. Kekekeke.

 

“Well, you are already aware that this is one of the rare cases that we cannot put the pieces together despite the information we gathered. There’s something that doesn’t fit. With that, I presumed there are still a lot of missing pieces we need to collect in order for us to get it right. So we researched more and we found out about Bom, she can be a good help for us to find those pieces and solve the puzzle”, he lengthily explained and I almost stood up to give him a standing ovation on how cool he explain it to me.

 

“Why do you choose me for this project?”, I asked, half expecting that he would praise my awesomeness because helloooo.. he is talking to the Choi Seunghyun. I smiled from ear to ear upon hearing his reply.

 

“Because I know you are capable of doing this. You are new to this setup so no one will suspect you that you are investigating this case. I know you can do this and I trust your instinct in this kind of projects”

 

Yes. Hear that, people. Come on. SAY IT ALOUD!!!

 

“But don’t bring your dorkiness along with your work”, he added.

 

My smile immediately wiped away after hearing it. My bubble popped.

 

“I will do my best, chief”, I assured him. This is my big project after being CROWNED as the newest member of the Seoul police department and this kind of project makes me wiggle in excitement.

 

“So start drafting your plan”

 

I grabbed the case document again and reviewed it carefully. THEN my genius mind made an extravagant appearance when an idea entered my brain. This is going to be exciting!

 

“I know what to do”, I smirked.

 

 

I walked inside a local drugstore and headed my way towards the perfume isle. I was smiling from ear to ear as I keep on praising myself for being so genius. My idea is simple…since I was tasked to have Bom in my life (well, that would be a nicer term), I need to put an impression to her that will grab her attention once we finally met, something that she can easily remember me. Based from the file I’ve read about Bom, she’s the heir of a very famous perfume company and that is what I am going to use to easily lure her. I need a perfume…the very bad one.

 

So here I am now, putting my plan into action. I picked up every perfume I can see to find the perfect smell I’ll need. I’m aiming for something that will make her question the existence of perfumes. I excitedly choose the blue bottle and sniffed it and it’s a big NO already since it smells nice and sweet.

 

The red bottle and big blue bottle smells vanilla so I changed into another one. I continued doing this for a good three minutes and I rejected so many bottles in that span of time. BUT…I’m starting to regret it already. My sense of smell is wavering. I can’t already feel my nose. Oh crap!!!! This is making me dizzy and I can almost see the place starting to swirl before me. Is this how the feeling high on drugs feels like?

 

I sniffed another bottle and…

 

WHOOOOAAAHHH!!!!

 

The heck is that? I think my brain shut down momentarily! Where am I? Who am I?

 

I stared down at the bottle in my hands with deranged eyes. I think I already found what I am looking for. This smell, no, this stench will surely win for being the disgusting odor ever. It smells like dust from planet Mars, and I’ve never been into Mars. Dang!! I think people will have the urge to kill me once they smell this. Urrgghhh.

 

With the disgust on my face and my head throbbing in pain from too much smells stuck on my nose, I headed my way towards the counter to pay for the perfume made from hell. I was rubbing my temple to ease this dizziness (man, I tell you, that perfume is defying the physics of air) when my phone suddenly rang. I picked it up and it took me few seconds to make up the words flashing on my screen. I think I’m already cursed because of that perfume. TCH.

 

“Hello?”

 

“You’re enrolled!”

 

Huh?

 

I furrowed my eyebrows and stared at my phone like it is my first time seeing a damn phone. My eyes grew wider in surprised after realizing who the caller is. It’s Mr. Jang. What in the world is happening to me?! It’s that nasty perfume’s fault.

 

“O-oh. Thank you. It’s so soon than I expected”, I responded after recovering.

 

“Well, who would reject a smart like you? Your face is all over the news and I know Seoul Life University is honored to have you there”, he sounded like a proud father.

 

“School”, I groaned. My mission is about to start tomorrow and apparently, as part of the plan, I need to enroll myself into university AGAIN as an incognito. I hate school but I have no choice.

 

“Aren’t you excited to go back to school after all?”, Mr. Jang is surely having fun on torturing me.

 

“I’ve already graduated two years ago and I crawled my way out there. Thinking of coming back as a student makes me remember all the trouble I had endured and it’s making me shiver”, I exaggeratedly countered. Mannnnn, did I tell you already that I hate school? I don’t even want to reminisce my student life at all, it was like putting batteries inside my body just for me to function daily. It’s only because of my incredible IQ to why I had been accelerated and graduated early, but if not for that, people will just find me selling street foods somewhere.

 

“Don’t fret about going back to school. Just enjoy your mission”

 

“As if I have a way out of this”, I groaned as I grabbed the paper bag and went outside the store.

 

“One more thing…your apartment is also ready. You can move in there now. Your feet is about to step on one of the well-known apartment in Korea, the Kwon Build Co”, he announced to me with too much enthusiasm.

 

“Ye-hey”, I mumbled flatly. “I don’t know if I should be thrilled by that fact or what, that sort of a building is exorbitant. I’m fine just living in a dumpster”, I added in monotone. Should I start throwing confetti at me and consider myself lucky for having that golden opportunity? What’s with rich people! Pfft.

 

“Ya! Don’t be so silly. Take this chance to also know Kwon Jiyong”, I heard Mr. Jang scolded me from the other line. Wait!! Kwon Jiyong – Park Bom’s brother. That makes me also questioning there, Park and Kwon. Hmm?

 

 It seems like part of my mission is to be friends with all the people concerning this case. Time to learn how to be sociable.

 

*le deep sigh

 

 

I want to throw tantrums right now but I am too cool to do that. *sigh First day of school and I’m already feeling my limbs trying to detached from my body. I don’t want to enter the school. Grr. Left with no choice, I dragged my feet to look for my classroom. I am definitely not going to pay attention to any of my class, I’m just here for the mission and I’m not going to torture myself in participating in any school activities. Yesss. That is what I am going to do.

 

I timidly roamed my eyes around while walking in the hallway, there is really no doubt this school is for rich people. I mean, who dare to have gold as their doorframe? I thought it is quite exaggerated but it’s just oozing with power. My university school back then was even struggling to supply students with comfortable chairs, we even have a garden class which I thought cool before but this school topped it all.

-

-

-

 

What on earth!!! Why is this hallway so long? Is this the stairways to heaven? I had been roaming around for 15 minutes already and I can’t still find where my room is. I looked at my watch and learned that I am already late for my first class. This is making me frustrated.

 

I turned my head from left to right, I am so close on pulling out my gun and use it to threat someone so they could give me the direction of my classroom. But I need to calm down, I need to freaking calm down…where this stupid rooooomm????? This place is much larger than the mall, I tell you. No joke. All people from Seoul can camp here and even start their own family. Orrrr not!

 

I was about to give up and call it a day when I FINALLY had a glimpse of my room. Dang! It took me twenty minutes to locate this building. I started to slow my pace because I can’t smugly enter the room since I am the one who was late here.

 

“Excuse me, is this the business class?”, I carefully knocked at door and all eyes instantly snapped at me.

 

“Yes, and you are?”

 

“Choi Seunghyun. I’m sorry, I’m late. I got lost”, I stated apologetically albeit I want to scream on top of my lungs how frustrated I am in circumventing this room.

 

“I understand. Please, find your seat”

 

I bowed my head down before allowing myself to enter the room completely. I vigilantly roamed my eyes inside and I need to bite my tongue to suppress the smile that’s threatening to rip on my face. There, near the window, I saw miss Park Bom. My eyes automatically zoomed in towards the vacant seat behind her. <*laughing menacingly> This is going to be easier than I thought. I inconspicuously sprayed the devil’s perfume on me before walking pass her. HAHAHAHA – get ready Park Bom to –

 

Oh maaannn. I really hate that smell.

 

I tried to keep a straight face even though it’s proving to be a big challenge now and it’s adding up more when I saw Bom looked at me like I’m some sort of a ghost before her hands flew over . I know by now the perfume is taking effect on her just like last night at the elevator when I saw her.

 

I already settled on my seat and she’s still gazing down at me. I acted calm while raising my brows at her.

 

“Yes?”, I asked.

 

I got a hacking as a reply. Oh dear. I watched Bom in amusement while she coughed so hard. I felt rue for darling Bom for bringing her this torture but I know for sure she will remember me after this experience. I smiled inwardly as I thought that plan is working…

 

 

 

OR NOT.

 

 

This is epic fail!

 

I looked at the girl in my arms in astonishment. Did she really just fainted? I shook her lightly and I got no reaction from her. I should not be surprised with this since this perfume can really put someone into immediate death but…

 

Aisshhh. This is troublesome!!

 

I sighed and scooped Bom and started walking. I groaned as I struggle with her weight. How come a girl with this figure weighs like a tons of potatoes. I walked my way and planned to bring her at the school’s infirmary but I abruptly paused upon realizing something. Where is that damn clinic? I cannot take anymore walking especially with this heavy girl in my arms.

 

I scrunched my nose just by thinking on r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter