STORY 4 - JIYONG

THE STORY OF US (Romantic Comedy)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG’s POV

 

“The stat remains the same. WHAT IS HAPPENING?!”, I hissed as I slam the paper on the desk. I was standing with my hands on my waist, clearly frustrated.

 

I saw Taeyang, my business partner slash best friend, shook his head while crossing his legs. He was sitting in front of my office table.

 

“Relax, Ji. You already resembled a dragon being summoned by the demons”, he remarked. Scratch that, he is just a business partner.

 

I gave him a deadly glare before raking my hair. He’s not a help me to ease my frustration.

 

“Get out!”

 

“Why are you being uptight?”

 

I looked at him deadpan in the eyes conveying a message that says ‘If you are not going to help, you need to get your outta here’. He straightened up from his seat and looked at me wearily. He apparently didn’t get the message.

 

“You need a break from your work… your mind is not even working properly these days”, he pointed out. I shook my head and just settled myself on my office chair before picking up the document. I instantly boiled upon seeing again the performance of our company for this week.

 

“I need to take this seriously, Tee”

 

“I know that, Ji. But come on, man! No sane person would work on Sundays. Today is Sunday, Ji. SUNDAY!!! Sunday is part of a weekend…”, he blurted out incredulously, throwing his hands here and there before slumping himself at the chair.

 

Yep. I know it is Sunday today. But I want to check our company stats carefully thus, I planned to work today. I called him to ask for his help since he also act as my working adviser. He declined it at first saying that today is his rest day, that Sundays supposed to be a peace day and any sh*t he could reason out. But I threatened him big time and he was left with no choice but to work with me today.

 

And I don’t feel sorry at all. Huh!

 

“You can go home if you want to”, I coldly said. Without any second thought, he got up and waved his hand dismissively at me. This bastard. I proceed on reading the documents at my hand but I felt him halted his steps near the door.

 

“You need to get a life, Ji”, he muttered before going out.

 

Pffft. Life? I don’t even know what life supposed to be.

 

 

I walked inside the bar and dragged a girl close to my reach bringing her into a kiss. I kiss her harshly and she never complains. This kind of scenario is not new to me, I’ve been doing this for as long as I can remember. We settled ourselves at the bar stool and started kissing again. I don’t know her and I don’t want to know her. All I need is some pleasure to make me forget.

 

I was busy devouring her lips when my phone rang. I answered it without looking who the caller is, not caring if they would discover me kissing again  another random woman.

 

“Where are you?!!?”, I instantly pulled out from the kiss upon hearing her voice. Bom. I asked her what’s the problem and she wasted no time as she babbled everything. After a minute of her whining and blabbering, I ended up the call.

 

I am going to pick up Bom. I drove my car to go where she is. The destination to her house is already a familiar place with me. It’s already been a part of my life - life that I never want to even look back. I parked my car outside and lazily get off.

 

I rang the doorbell and a maid opened the door for me. I saw her widen her eyes in surprise.

 

“Young ma-“

 

“I’ll be quick”, I cut her off and I just let myself inside the house. She bowed at me one last time. I strode my way upstairs where Bom’s room is.

 

“Jiyong?”

 

I stopped on my tracks when I saw him at the other side of the hallway. I just stared at him with penetrating eyes and he returned it with the same intensity. Huh!

 

“What are you doing here?”, he asked.

 

“I came here for Bom”, with that, I continue to stride towards the room without waiting for his reply, my teeth clenching.

 

F**k this. I don’t want to see him but it’s inevitable since he own this house. I feel like an air was knocked off my chest for the few remaining steps before I reached Bom’s room.

 

I quickly opened her door and was welcome with her hug. I chuckled lightly, good thing she can’t see my dark expression as I hug her back.

 

“What can I do for my queen?”, I asked. She beamed at me as if she’s about to show me something amazing. She stepped aside to reveal me the horror she created.

 

“Holy sh-“

 

She glared at me before I could curse out. Man, you can’t blame me. Just look at that. She just need to move into apartment but the amount of luggage she had prepared make it looks like she’s going to leave the earth without planning of returning back.

 

I started helping her out and I was beyond mortified at the things I saw inside her luggage. I even took out a can of pebbles inside her bag. What is she planning to do with that sh*t? And why does she have loads of corns here?!

 

“There you go”, I finally finished repacking her things. This is so tiring!!!! Why do I even agree with this kind of torture?

 

===

 

I already managed to bring Bom to her new apartment and I am now currently walking to where my car is parked. I suddenly feel so exhausted after a very long day, I still have to review the remaining stats of my business. Everything is piled up and it’s already draining me out. Damn it!!

 

I was about to turn left when a girl’s figure caught my attention, and she was walking towards the elevator, her back facing me. I stopped on my tracks trying to digest who I saw.

 

It can’t be her.

 

I just watched her retreating back until I can no longer see her. I remained on my spot for a long minute before I continue walking. My mind still wandering.

 

Is that really her? That’s impossible.

 

 

I woke up irritated like it’s my morning routine. I checked the time on my watch and saw that I am already one hour late for my first subject… and I don’t care. I already planned on not attending my first day of school if not for Bom who’s constantly bugging me last night until she finally convinced me to go to school.

 

That woman is my weakness *sigh

 

I lazily grabbed my car key and drove my way to the school…completely uninterested on what may lies ahead. Boring classes and boring classmates, as always. What more should I expect with law students? Our life is tied down to being a cave man. Being a law student requires so much of our time and effort and demands for our attention EVERY-SINGLE-DAY. But among the law students out there, I guess I’m the only one who’s calm…and I’m not sure if I am calm because I studied enough or I don’t give a lot of sh*ts anymore.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter