Chapter 9

Do You Love Me?

Minzy ended up knocking out somewhere between the night. She felt so tired and her face hurt from all the crying she had done. She opened her eyes slightly before widening them to realize she wasn’t in her car no more. She was in a room but she didn’t know whose room. She opened the door that led her to a living room and a huge kitchen. She looked at a water bottles logo to realize she was in a hotel room.

 

She wondered how she had no idea or even felt anything when kai brought her there. She opened a door which led to another room to see a shirtless kai snoring on his bed. She smiled because he wasn’t a jerk or a smartass last night. She closed the door softly to not wake him up. She went to look at herself in the restroom to see her swollen face she looked like .

 

She looked at her phone to see endless calls from taemin. She called the office “Hello, Lee hayi by any chance is my husband at the office today?” She asked. “Yes, Miss Minzy would you like me to transfer you to his office?” “No thank you”

 

She took this opportunity to go home to shower and dress. When she was showering she scrubbed hard and use a lot of scented products. She wanted to get his touch and scent off her to stop the reminder of how delusional she was. She got out of the shower to see taemin sitting on the bed waiting for her.

 

She saw he was wearing the same thing from last night. She grabbed a bag and began to pack “minzy don’t do this.” He pleaded taking the bag away.

 

“I need time alone”

 

“Let’s talk this over, leaving things like this is how marriages go down hill.”

 

“Don’t worry we aren’t even a real couple” she tugged the bag away from him and added more clothes.

 

“I’m sorry” he hugged her tightly from the back.

 

“Don’t be... It was a stupid mistake. You deal with naeun” she said grabbing a few more things and walking down the stairs.

 

“Minzy… stay please” he got on his knees, “I’ll leave naeun and everything just don’t leave” she looked at him.

 

“Could you even do that?” She felt so pathetic.

 

He nodded “when you can...like literally maybe I will stay for now...no” and like that she walked out.

 

She went back to the same hotel room to see kai was already gone. She was going to stay there until she felt ready to be next to taemin. For now taemin was too much for her, he was too handsome, his touch too soft, his scent too much, everything about him was just too much for her to bare with.

 

She hugged her legs resting her head on her knees with her eyes closed thinking. She messed up everything between her and taemin but he started it, she tried to reason. Either way naeun wouldn’t be too happy and taemin will get hurt to from that. She on the other hand had to act like nothing happened or leave him. She wondered when did she catch feelings or was she stupid to ever think a guy and girl could be friends.

 

Kai walked in with food she looked up and smiled. “I got us some noodles” he said putting a plate in front of her “thank you kai for last night” he didn’t say anything “I can handle on my own from now on you don’t have to be here.”

 

“What happened?” He asked he had been curious for so long “did he force you to…” she blurted out with laughter “no no taemin would never he is too much a gentlemen-“ she smiled talking about him but then stopped talking realizing it. “Couples just fight” she said.

 

“Are you guys gonna get a divorce?”

 

“A divorce? I don’t think it’s that serious… or is it?” She began thinking how naeun might pressure him “I hope not”

 

“Was it that bad when I did that?” Kai awkwardly asked.

 

She stopped eating thinking about it “honestly?” He nodded “it kinda was… but honestly I was very young and now I realize how immature we both were. I just don’t understand why you would do that.” She stared at him and it seemed as time stopped as he stared back at her “I hated how nice you were” he said stuffing his mouth with food and looking away.

 

She tilted her head “what’s wrong with that?”

 

“I was a brat and i don’t know you had such a pure heart that it would annoy me. You seemed so content with life that I couldn’t stand it… and now I truly regret it.” She acted as if she didn’t hear the last part and continued to eat.

 

She choked as she heard his next question “you think you can love two people at the same time?” She quickly drank water “huh? Why the question?” He shrugged “just wondering”

 

She thought about the question before answering “I don’t think it’s possible, I think there’s always gonna be that one person you can’t take out of your heart. You might think you love the other but when it comes to choosing one day you will know who truly has your whole heart.”

 

“Do you feel that way with taemin?” She looked down “I’m not sure to be quite honest, I’m not sure about my feelings these days.” She answered softly as she looked down she didn’t get to catch the grin on kai’s face from her answer.

 

At first minzy avoided going to the office and stayed at the hotel. She hung out with kai a lot and learned from him about business work. They got close. Kai and taemin's friendship got strained due to this. The first day she returned to the office she was able to avoid taemin Atleast for the morning portion. But then minzy got an unexpected guest and it was naeun.

 

Minzy looked at a very unpleasant naeun with tears streaming down her face. She felt so bad maybe it was meant to be naeun and taemin and she had to be the home wrecker.

 

“You waited for him to let his guard down didn’t you” naeun screamed.

 

“I-“ she couldn’t speak.

 

“We trusted you with our relationship and this is what you do to us”

 

Minzy shook her head

 

“Well too bad that we aren’t ever breaking up I’m holding tightly onto him and never ever letting him go you got that stupid lee minzy” she threw all the stuff from the table to the side “I’m tired of putting up with you!”

 

“Naeun lets calm down this isn’t the place-“

 

“No you are wrong this is the place I’m gonna let everyone know that I’m his girl so you can look stupid like you made me look when he told me” she started walking towards the door but Minzy grabbed her.

 

“Naeun if you do that you are really gonna hurt your relationship with taemin” naeun pushed her away.

 

“You are already did that minzy…” Minzy grabbed her again and held her and in that moment taemin walked in.

 

“Oppa oppa Minzy is hurting me” she faked whined. Minzy scoffed rolling her eyes and letting her go.

 

“No one is trying to hurt you naeun stop with this act. She was gonna expose your relationship.”

 

“I would never oppa” naeun cried.

 

Taemin went to her “are you okay” completely ignoring Minzy. “Yah!” She screamed getting fed up with the show “Minzy keep it down is this how you were screaming at her” taemin said angry.

 

Minzy took a deep breath and curled her hand into a fist. She grabbed her bag and walked out the door “Minzy-“ she ignored his call and left the office. She wasn’t gonna put up with her fake act of a little girl after all the mess she had done.

 

Minzy got to the hotel upset slamming the door. Kai looked at her not saying anything. She didn’t notice he was there as she grabbed a pillow and screamed into it loudly. While screaming into it she felt a pat on her head “let it all out” he said making Minzy jump up in fear not expecting him.

 

“What happened” he asked getting her a cup of water.

 

“Naeun came to the office and put up a fake act after harassing me. She said she was gonna hold on to taemin so tightly. If I knew she was that fake I would have never been okay with her and taemin and their stupid relationship.” Kai stood there with his mouth opened wide in surprise.

 

Minzy looked at him confused before realizing her mistake, she covered her face in horror.

 

“Wait wha-“ he said.

 

“Nothing nothing you heard wrong”

 

“So you and taemin are in a relationship with naeun” he said trying to put what she said together.

 

Minzy busted out laughing “what! No! Is that what you got out of it”

 

“Then what is it?” He repeatedly asked as minzy shook her head saying she wouldn’t tell him.

 

“Kai stop it you really are getting annoying” she said nudging him away.

 

“Wait no… so you have a fantasy of your husband being with other girls” Minzy shot him a glare. “I guess that isn’t it either” he smiled embarrassed while scratching his head.

 

“I just can’t put it together you love him but let him be with other girls. There really isn’t any explanation”

 

She sighed “me and taemin didn’t marry because we loved each other. We had an arranged marriage and became friends but he loved naeun so I let him have her while we were together but now I catched feelings.”

 

Kai nodded processing everything before finally getting it together “arranged marriage!!!! I thought you two were actually a couple! Woah this seems straight out a Korean drama”

 

Kai got up and began to look around the hotel room “what you doing Kai?” She asked really concerned that he might have gone crazy or something “where’s the cameras for the drama” Minzy busted out laughing again “Kai you are such a dork” she threw a pillow at him while laughing hard and at that moment all her anger from earlier slipped away into laughter.