Chapter 4

Do You Love Me?

Five Years Later:

 

"Minzy!!!!" Minzy heared someone calling her she instantly knew who it was, "excited?" the girl asked "Oh yes im super excited chaerin im finally turning 21 tomarrow and my parents are throwing the hugest party in history and inviting everyone in this school who i dont even know anyone" Minzy said angry "but you can finally do more things" Chaerin said excited, Minzy only faked grinned since chaerin would never understand.

 

Six Years Before:

 

Minzy had just arrived from korea her family and her had just set in New York in a fancy house, she lived in a neighborhood full of bussiness people who had big companys and lots of wealth. "Welcome Mr and Mrs Gong" A butler bowed to them with a girl who seems a little older than minzy she also bowed, quickly walked away looking around "This is home" Minzy whispering to herself reminding that Korea was part of the past and this is her present "Would you like me to take you to your room" the girl asked "sure" Minzy said following the girl upstairs. It was a nice fancy room way bigger than the one in korea but it was plain it had no child hood memories she felt she didnt belong here. Minzy sat on the bed staring as the girl unpacked "You start school next week at a all girls private school" she said "Oh okay... do you go there to?" Minzy asked "No i go to public school, far from here since theres only private schools around here" she said and Minzy just nodded

 

Minzy soon found out that the girl was the butlers daughter, she also noticed how her parents changed they were less strict about her like they had more trust in her being in the states. Minzy was lonely so she would hang out with the girl they soon became best friends she was the only friend Minzy had since the girls from the private school werent as nice and friendly to Minzy "Chae....i would like it if you came to my school" Minzy said shocking Chaerin as they were both outside in the garden "Minzy you know i cant...cause..." "Cause of the money i know" Minzy nodded but beamed at Chaerin confusing her "I can convince my dad to pay for your books and everything" Minzy said as Chaerin eyes widen "NO! i cant owe your father or you anything..." "Please i dont have anyone and your the closest i have...here" Minzy begged "fine" Chaerin gave in as she knew how lonely Minzy was.

 

From than on they began to go to the same school, help each other with homework, play around, they were basically sisters. Minzy's parents didnt care if Minzy was close to the butler's child since Chaerin was teaching Minzy the american ways.

 

Chaerin was a girl who could go out and party since she was older but Minzy knew that no matter what she was suppose to be the perfect daughter her parents thought she was, Minzy was the only child meaning she would take over her parents company that had been a huge success in the states. Her parents company was into fashion, with famous designers who designed basically anything that could be in style, this caught peoples eyes as people began to purchase the "in style" stuff. This going on kept making the company more huge as her father opened smaller companies around the world seeing the huge success, this resulting in one of the most hugest designer compaines world wide.

 

"Minzy your already all over the news "The Gong Family Bash" is what people are calling it" Chaerin said beaming as she was reading the news papers with Minzy and Her family on the front page with a huge picture, Minzy rolled her eyes annoyed walking to the exit of the school as some girls waved at her wanting to be her friend or mad dogged her for being competition in the industry "Oh honey, I heard about your party this better be fun and worth a lot of money or i aint going" "Oh hyuna trust if it wasnt for your parents working for her father you wouldnt have been invited, you wont be welcomed anyways so dont go" Chaerin gritted her teeth at the girl, "your father..." "dont you dare talk about her father hyuna, you dont want to go fine by me but leave Chaerin alone" Minzy said grabbing Chaerin and pulling her along.

 

"Minzy...." chaerin said with a shock in her voice as Minzy turned around to look at her "Read this" Chaerin said handing Minzy the paper "Chae...I dont care what this new paper says" "No read it!" chae said pointing to a certain paragraph as Minzy began to read it outloud "there is a rumor that the Gong family will marry their only child Gong Minzy to another top bussiness family son, it is revealed that the gong family will make it official on Minzy birthday party"  Minzy looked up at Chae with open looking around to find some answer "No this has to be just a rumor" Minzy nodded "Yah they would have told me" Minzy said getting the limo with hope it was all just a rumor as Chae sat next to Minzy looking down at her hands hoping the same, she didnt want to lose her best friend now more than ever.

 

Minzy stormed into her mansion house "wheres my parents?" Minzy said to a maid clenching tightly to the newspaper, the maid eyes widen seeing her holding the news paper pointing quickly to the conference room. Minzy huffed in anger as she walked in seeing her parents seeing some designs "What is this?" Minzy gritted trying to contain her anger throwing the newspaper on the table, Her father looked at the paper looking back at her "Yes" was all he said "yes what?" Minzy screamed as her mom stand up angrily "Dont scream at your father who gave up everything for you!" "Yes we engaged you to a wedding with a gentlemen around your age" her father said as Minzy feelings got the best of her.

 

"Your just going to marry me off like that? Am i nothing to you" Tears flowed down her face as she felt betrayed by her parents, Her father got up cupping her face wiping her tears "No because you mean the world to me i want to marry you to a guy who can assure your future, this old man cant take care of you forever so i wanted to find the ideal man...." "Appa.." "Please Minzy trust this old man, i know you cant take care of yourself like you say....so let this guy protect you" Her father said pecking her cheek as Minzy was speechless only nodding.

 

"Make the family line proud" her mom whispered as Minzy walked out...."Minzy" Chaerin called out to her Minzy turned around to face chaerin "Be excited... tomarrow your best friend is officially engaged"