Chapter 6

Do You Love Me?

The day of the wedding was at a huge church, minzy was putting on her wedding dress with the help of maids. She hadn’t seen Taemin since the day of the graduation which was weeks ago. When her family had told her to do something that involved taemin she always managed to make an excuse to not go. She was wearing a a-line white strapless dress, it was tight all the way to her waist and then after that flowed down. She had diamonds around the bust area of the dress and designs of flowers, on the bottom hem of the dress there were also diamonds. Her dress was long but not too much. Her veil on the hand was super long with designs on the hem. Her hair was put up with braids and clipped to the back and some curls hanging down. Then her makeup with done very minimal to show off her natural features. After all was finished her veil was added, her maid of honor was chaerin. She handed her bouquet which was made of white and pink roses. “Minzy you ready?” Said her dad outside the room, minzy nodded to chaerin who covered her face with the veil “yes” minzy said.

 

Her dad entered the room and looked at minzy, his eyes widened but he didn’t say anything. Minzy held on to chaerin’s hand tightly not wanting to let go, her dad grabbed her hand and pulled it apart from chaerin’s hand and put her hand on his arm. With her left hand she held the bouquet, chaerin quickly fixed the train and the door opened with the orchestra starting to play right in sync, everyone turned around to look back, minzy and her dad walked out. Everyone clapped astonished with Minzy’s beauty. It felt like an eternity to get to Taemin, when she got to him he lifted her veil back and took her hand from her dad.

 

The ceremony went smoothly, but then it came to the kiss part. Her eyes widened in shock she totally forgot about it, she looked up at him embarrassed and she could feel everyone staring at them, he reached his hand up to her neck, she shivered and closed her eyes, however, he planted his lips on her cheek and she kissed his cheek, and the photos began from everyone. She pulled away shocked they just faked a kiss, she was so delighted she felt like an actor and this was her movie. Her and Taemin got closer and smiled for everyone, he helped her move her train so she can walk out of the church.

 

They headed to the reception in a limousine and it was the most awkward ride ever with no one acknowledging the other. When they arrived he helped her get off and take off the veil, they went into a private room where chaerin was waiting for minzy she bowed to Taemin and quickly ran to help take off the wedding dress, minzy changed into a ivory tight dress that hugged at her hips, it went down to feet. It was strapless with lace sleeves and neck line. She walked out looking for her shoes feeling pressured that Taemin was just sitting there waiting for her, she was looking for the different pair of high heels but couldn’t find them. She sighed getting frustrated “maybe you forgot them chaerin” she said trying not to let all her stress out on chaerin. “Here” Taemin said holding them in his hands “they were under a bag” he said getting on his knees to help minzy put them on “t-thank you… I can do it” she said embarrassed but he put them on for her. She looked over at chaerin who was squealing happily. Minzy blushing glared at her to be quiet. Then they walked out to the party where they welcomed the guest, ate, heard speeches from the family and friends, played marriage games and then came the couple dance. They both got up and walked to the center of the dance floor, he put his hands around her waist and she put her hands on his neck and the song taeyeon- all with you started playing, they slowly danced to it, she looked up at him and saw pain, she gulped feeling guilty. She whispered “I’m sorry” he looked down at her confused “I’m sorry it’s me and not her” “that’s not your fault.”

 

The party ended and minzy changed into casual clothes, she hugged her parents and chaerin since she was leaving to her honeymoon. She also went up to taemin's parents and said goodbye. They were gonna go to Europe for their honeymoon.

 

After arriving at France as their first stop, they got into their room tired. Minzy eyes widen seeing only one bed, she panicked knowing her family had booked all the hotels. There was flowers on the bed made into a heart and candles, Taemin excused himself to go out and get some air. She quickly decided to shower that he wasn’t there, she took off her makeup and got in the shower. She walked out to realized she didn’t look through her suitcase for her clothes, she peeked outside to see he wasn’t there yet, so she ran out with her towel tied around her and got her suitcase in the restroom. She was putting on her face lotions and was gonna start dressing when Taemin walks into the restroom with a full minzy screaming “yah!!!!!!” He quickly turns around bowing and apologizing in shock, minzy turns around so quick to try to pick up the towel to cover herself that she didn’t realize a cabinet was there and she hit herself hard in the face with it “ow!” Minzy winced in pain holding her face, Taemin quickly turns around “are you okay?” “Yahhhhh!!!!” Minzy screams ten times harder throwing something at him “out!” She slams the door after him and gets dressed. She sees the accident left her a cut on her face with blood “ow” she whispered trying to clean it when she hears a knock. “Are you okay?”

 

Minzy ended up opening the door to Taemin as he saw the cut on her cheek, he apologized and ran down stairs to get a first aid kit from the front desk. Minzy was too embarrassed to make eye contact with him, “I’ll clean it” he said sitting her down on the bed to clean her wound, he was all close to her that she turned super red. “It’s okay I don’t see you that way so you don’t interest me” he said trying to make her feel better but failing “that doesn’t help” she mumbled feeling more embarrassed as he laughed feeling bad “I’m sorry I’m not good with that” he put a skin color small band aid on her. “Done” he smiled, “so uh how is the bed gonna work” she said not looking at him “I can sleep on the sofa” he said “wait no I feel bad” “it’s okay really and I don’t think we are at that stage to be sharing a bed” she nodded in agreement. Taemin got in the shower and minzy was drying her hair when she heard the water turned off she quickly got under the covers pretending to be asleep. She heard him get dressed and then take a call, she didn’t mean to be nosy but she heard his conversation with naeun, she admired how attentive he was with her and how much you could tell her he loved her, somewhere throughout the night she knocked out.

 

She woke up to Taemin nudging her, she looked around confused “we have a tour in a hour” he said softly, she nodded getting off bed she got all ready to see Taemin had ordered breakfast for them both. She walked over to the table and sat down awkwardly, she began to eat but she could feel him staring at her she finally looked up tilting her head as asking “what?” “Let’s not be awkward with each other” he finally said “look I know it’s not your fault or my fault and we gonna be together we might as well become friends” minzy looked at him and nodded “I would like that it would make us feel more comfortable” he smiled agreeing and she smiled back.

 

They went on their tour, minzy was taking pictures with her Nokia camera. You could tell how in love she was, her smile was so bright she could light up a whole country. Taemin stopped the tour guide “minzy want me to take you a picture?” Minzy quickly agreed happily as she posed in front of the Eiffel Tower, she laughed as everyone was staring at her and Taemin continued to take pictures of her not stopping. After the tour guide, they decided to walk around themselves looking for a place to eat. They stopped at a little shop that offered Korean food, they really enjoyed it. As they were heading back to the hotel minzy’s feet were really tired from the high heels, she took them off and held them in her hands, suddenly Taemin got down on one knee “get on” he said “it’s okay” she shakes her head but he did not give up until she finally gave in, she got on his back and held on. She was embarrassed, “thank you” she whispered as she breathed in his scent, she liked how he smelled.

 

“You are so heavy” he teased, minzy turned so red and Taemin could totally feel how embarrassed she got, he laughed. “Yah! Stop! It’s not my fault you don’t got that much muscle” she fired back, he gasped “I have so much muscle” he protested, she touched his muscle “I don’t find it anywhere” she laughed at how childish they were being. They arrived at the room, she went to go take a bath while he ordered dinner. When she came out she saw some wine and snacks. She smiled. He took the wine and snacks to outside the balcony where there was chairs and they sat down. “Tell me about you” he said looking at the stars, breathing in the air of Paris, with the cup of wine on his right hand and his hair in a mess from him rubbing his hand through it several times through the day. He had a button shirt but the top buttons were open where you can see his toned chest and some black skinny jeans. She observed him all, smiling that one day they could be friends. He was handsome is what she was thinking as she sighed closing her eyes as she took a sip of the wine.

 

“Where do I start” she said, and for some reason she opened up when she hadn’t with chaerin. She told him about kai and how hurt and damaged he left her. She told him how she has always felt alone and she complemented suicide so many times cause money wasn’t her happiness inside a lonely mansion. She told him how no one approached her other then for favors with her dad, and how no guy ever looked at her making her insecure.

 

Taemin looked over at her with pity he understood how she felt so worthless and powerless.

 

“How did you meet her?” Minzy asked as she poured more wine into her cup and his.

 

“Naeun?” He questioned and minzy nodded.

 

“We met in high school, her family is prestigious but she isn’t liked by mothers because her family is known for revealing photo shoots.” “Had she done one” minzy asked, he nodded “so people have always made fun of her family but I liked how confident and happy she was. So I approached her as a friend and she just brought this other side of me, she made me more confident and happy and somewhere in between I fell in love” minzy smiled at how lovingly he spoke of her “but I guess I should end it” he said sadly “Taemin… I don’t mind if you stay with her in secret” Taemin looked at her in shock “you would keep that a secret for me?” She nodded next thing she feels Taemin hug her “thank you so much thank you” he said happily “but” she said making him stop “don’t let the media find out I don’t want to be made fun of either” he nodded “I promise and if you find someone I’ll keep it a secret to” he said happily and she smiled.

 

They continued to tour all throughout Europe, they got closer as friends and became more comfortable with each other’s company. After their honeymoon was over they were to fly to South Korea, minzy ended up getting major anxiety from her past. Taemin was very supportive, minzy also offered to help fly out naeun to Korea so they can be closer and it made Taemin really happy.

 

As they landed in South Korea, Taemin held onto minzy’s hand, media was swarming the airport to get a look at the newlywed couple who were going to be running the Taemin and gong business together in Korea. Taemin helped minzy get through the paparazzi safely he even covered her face with his jacket. Accidentally he let go of her hand and paparazzi swarmed around her not letting her pass “excuse me” minzy tried pushing through but they wouldn’t budge trying to ask questions. Taemin pushed through roughly grabbing minzy “let her through” he said angry with the reporters.

 

They got in the car and got to the new office building, the workers bowed to the couple and showed them the way to their office. Minzy and Taemin would work together but they agreed that Taemin should do most of the work for his family's business and Minzy would do the business for her family and coming together to work as a team. Taemin was taken by his assigned secretary to give him a tour of the company, minzy was waiting for her secretary when she began to write a letter to chaerin.

 

Dear Chaerin,

 

I miss you so much, I always think of how you would have enjoyed the honeymoon. I got really close to Taemin we are even friends now. He really is a very thoughtful sweet guy I’m glad it was him who I married instead of a stuck up jerk. Thanks to him I was able to enjoy the wedding, he really loves naeun so I told him he could stay with her in secret. I even told them to be together while in Korea, I don’t want to be the reason they break up. He even agreed that once I find the one he will wholeheartedly support me. I think it’s so funny how comfortable I instantly felt with him once we both put our walls down. I learned how similar we both are. You better keep this a secret but he really is handsome and if we had met in a different situation I think we would have worked out fine, however, i think that isn’t possible no more I think we are partners in crime trying to be a step ahead of our parents. Chaerin! Come out and visit me in Korea please! I miss you so much!

 

Love, Minzy

 

Minzy closed the letter and was gonna drop it off to the secretary in front to send it to chaerin. Minzy for some reason love the whole sending letters, she found it romantic so she wanted to send it to chaerin who was dear to her. As she was going down she bumped into someone dropping the letter. “Minzy perfect timing I was gonna go look for you! I want you to meet my best friend” she recognized the voice as Taemin, she looked up to see who she bumped into and her eyes widened. She took a step back in shock, she looked over to see taemin was next to him, then she looked down and the guy was holding her letter. She didn’t know that she stopped breathing and her heart started pounding harder as it seemed that time stopped as they looked at each other for what felt like an eternity.