Chapter 11

Do You Love Me?

Taemin and Minzy laid fully awake staring at the ceiling as the thought of being parents was stressing them out. Both had questions they wanted to ask the other but were too afraid to say them out load. Minzy thought through all the scenarios of when she was sick trying to see it her symptoms added up with being pregnant.

 

“Taemin” she whispered afraid that if she spoke too loud the whole world would know. “Hmmm” “did you use protection that night” her voice broke in between the question. Taemin turned to look at her afraid she would break down crying “I didn’t” he said so softly she almost didn’t hear it even if he was right next to her.

 

“What if I’m pregnant are we keeping-“ she couldn’t finish the sentence. He stayed quiet for a while that she had to turn to look at him to make sure he wasn’t asleep “I think that’s something we can’t answer until we know for sure” “why not?” “Because what if I say no we aren’t keeping it but I change my mind when I know the answer or vice Versa.” She nodded “do you think I’m pregnant?” He rubbed her flat abdomen there was no sign “I’m not sure you said you missed your period and all adds up but I’m not sure.”

 

“Do you want to be pregnant?” He asked “I don’t know taemin….. I just don’t know…. we aren’t even a real couple. What life would that baby go through? How are we going to be parents like this.” She was so close to crying taemin sighed she was right and only time would be able to answer that. He wished he could make her feel better but he didn’t know how when he was just as freaking out as much as she was.

 

The morning came so slow with both not sleeping at all. They both got ready as they put on casual clothes and covered their faces with masks and glasses. They didn’t want the media getting a hold of what was happening while they figured out what the results were. They had decided on not doing the home test just because they would prefer seeing a doctor for accurate results. As they waited for the results they held hands from the nerves. Minzy fidgeting her feet not being able to stay

Still as she got more impatient by the minute.

 

They were handed a paper and they headed home they

Decided on not reading it until they were home. Minzy shaked from the content that card was holding. “You open it” “no you” and went on like that for a while before taemin finally opened it. “99.9% 6 weeks pregnant” Minzy felt her whole world fall in that moment.

 

She sat there frozen in disbelief at what he had just said. He was just in shock as she was. She began to cry into her hands as taemin ran to hug her “let’s calm down Minzy” she shook her head “what are we gonna do?” She looked at him wanting him to give her the answer “Minzy… I think you should decide that” he said softly “it’s your body that will hold that baby you will be the one suffering the most whatever you decide I will fully support.” She looked at him she didn’t want to decide she wanted him to decide why did she have to decide.

 

“I need to think about it clearly” she said holding the paper and rereading it over again. He nodded “I need to go to work ill see you in a bit” he said as he pecked her forehead she grabbed his hand “come straight home please” he nodded understanding what she meant.

 

She sighed she was never okay with abortion but now that she was in this situation she really was considering it. The fact was that she couldn’t be selfish she knew where taemin’s heart belonged and if she kept the baby only the baby and taemin would get hurt in the long run. Taemin would feel obligated to stay with them while In love with naeun and the baby would get all the hate for tearing up what was perfectly fine or looked fine.

 

Minzy on the hand would keep the baby but she didn’t want to stay tied to a relationship she was only going to grow to hate. She had feelings for taemin and that was very clear but she knew herself. She knew it would be too painful to see taemin with naeun and maybe even have babies that he would interact and grow to love more.

 

She rubbed her stomach she didn’t feel a difference it all felt so unreal to her. She sat there thinking of every possible scenario trying to weigh out what was the worst thing that could happen.

 

While doing this she would get calls from Kai but she ignored them. If she kept the baby for her own good she had to stop speaking with him even if they were just friends. She would also expect the same from taemin but she probably wouldn’t be vocal about it hoping he would realize it on his own.

 

She figured it out the only way she could know the answer is by having an ultrasound or hearing the heartbeat. She headed back to the doctors office but this time alone she told the nurse she needed an ultrasound performed. She was called in to wait in the room for the doctor. She sat down on the bed nervously waiting.

 

She walked in “and your husband?” Minzy smiled softly “I came alone. In all confidential we aren’t sure if we want to keep the baby so I want to decide after hearing and seeing the baby.” The doctor nodded “it’s just so weird I thought a famous power couple- oh I’m sorry” the doctor apologized after realizing she was going out of her profession now. Minzy nodded “it’s okay we just weren’t planning and we might not be ready we still young.” The doctor nodded “okay lay back and pull up your shirt and pull down a little bit your pants.” Minzy did just that as she tried to control her breathing hoping she would relax.

 

She felt something cold being rubbed on her stomach and then she felt the doctor moving around the ultrasound. Minzy closed her eyes not looking at the screen “found it” The doctor said. Minzy still couldn’t look at the screen she felt so bad but she couldn’t and then she heard it the heartbeat that’s all it took for a Minzy to know her decision. She finally was able to look at the screen to see a very small fetus that wasn’t recognizable like a baby yet but she knew it was from its own unique heartbeat.

 

She headed home with a recording to show taemin. She had taken a while at the doctors from the wait but she figured she would arrive around the same time as taemin to tell him her decision. However he had other plans as she waited and waited getting more upset by the hour. She had told him to come back but she knew it was passed the hour he got off she wanted to be positive. She called his office “oh good evening Mrs. Minzy could I help you with anything?” The secretary answered “Yah I was wondering if my husband was still around?” “No he left a while ago with Miss Naeun” her heart dropped was this a sign for her.

 

He couldn’t even obey one small thing for today how could she expect for him to be a responsible dad. She was furious she was so furious she was willing to kill him then and there. Two hours later he finally arrived with bags. She glared at him “Minzy… what’s wrong” he asked confused “I asked you for one en thing and you en fail me” she screamed at him. She didn’t care how she looked in front of him she was carrying his child she had more right then Naeun in that moment “I went around buying you food” he said lifting up the bags. “That doesn’t en take hours taemin” she went up to her room and got her bag out “Minzy calm down let’s talk.”

 

“Talk about what… you aren’t ready to be a father obviously” she pushed him away. “Minzy I didn’t know what you wanted to eat so I went to several different restaurants that you like they were packed.” That made her more furious did he think she was stupid. “That’s not what your secretary said” she said smartly “Minzy you aren’t even letting me finish… I ended it with naeun” she laughed “you expect me to believe that.” He nodded “I walked her to her car and told her we were over I swear I’m done with her I’m gonna commit to our family if that’s what you decide” she was in shock had he really done that. He showed her the messages of naeun begging him to not end it. He was telling the truth there was no more naeun it was just them now “I am keeping the baby” she whispered embarrassed at the commotion she had just done. He hugged her smiling “I think we gonna be great parents not like ours” and that made her day.