Chapter 7

Do You Love Me?

She felt so many emotions all at once she didn’t know how to act or what to say she just stood there silently “hey minzy” his handsome deep voice said sending the shivers down minzys back. “You guys know each other?” Taemin said confused at how kai was speaking to minzy with familiarity “yah I was her first love” kai said teasing as he nudged taemin with his elbow as to get him jealous “first lover?” Taemin said confused as he scratched his head, he looked over at minzy as he remembered about the conversation they had. He looked at her as a sign if kai was the same guy, he saw the pain in her eyes and took that as a answer. He walked up to minzy and took her hand as a sign of affection “well I’m her last love” he smiled at her, she smiled back at him as kai cleared his throat. “Nice to see you again kai” she said hugging taemin’s waist grinning at him. Minzy’s secretary walked in “I got to go enjoy yourselves” she said softly and kissed taemins cheek.

 

She let out a deep breathe as soon as she walked out of the office “are you okay?” Said the secretary worried, minzy looked at the secretaries name tag “yes lee hayi, let’s go” minzy responded. She was touring the company and introducing herself to her employees. It was half way through the tour when minzy realized about the letter she wrote to chaerin. The wrong hands with that letter will cause a whole media attention on her and taemins relationship. “I’m sorry I have something to do” she apologized to lee hayi as she ran back to the office hoping kai and taemin were still there, or Atleast the letter. She bursted in breathless to see a kai sitting by himself, he turned around to eye her confused as to why she walked in such a hurry. “Where’s my husband?” She asked nervously “he went to handle some business that came” she nodded, she stood there awkwardly not knowing how to ask back for her letter, she bit her lip in embarrassment as he sat there just watching her making it a hundred times more awkward.

 

“Can I-“ she got cut off “I never thought I would see you like this” she tilted her head confused “like this how?” She said feeling anger build up inside her “married? Happy, rich like you?” She spat out “I guess so” he shrugged “you were someone who wasn’t suppose to show up again in my life” if she said that didn’t feel like a stab to her heart she would be lying “why?” She didn’t know why she had to ask this question she should just save her pride. “You were suppose to be a sick joke and that’s it, now you're a sick joke married to my best friend” “a sick joke?” She wasn’t sure what he meant by that “I did you wrong but I Never wanted to be reminded of it” she left out a chuckle “so you didn’t ever want to feel guilty about it” she laughed “kai what happened between us was a sick joke, however, I’m so glad it happened because of that I met a great guy I can call my husband” she felt this was something she had to win at and that was making him feel guilty. “Did you marry him cause of me?” He questioned actually curious but that cut minzy off guard she glared at him “because of you? Kai I didn’t even know you were still alive, you were dead to me so no I didn’t” in that moment taemin walked in. Kai nor minzy heard his presence they stood there staring at each other, one with anger and the other with confusion. Taemin closed the door to show his presence, they both turned to look at him. Taemin realized how Kai’s stare turned as if he was caught doing something he shouldn’t have like a guy getting caught cheating. Minzy on the other hand was transparent she couldn’t hide the anger she was feeling “kai is wondering if I knew you guys were friends” minzy said breaking the silence, kai shot her a glare as to why she was mentioning it. Taemin looked at kai in a intimidating way “she didn’t know I never spoke of you” minzy crossed her arms and turned to kai as if saying “I told you so.” Taemin grabbed minzy by the waist pulling her closer to him “I would appreciate if you didn’t question my wife on her motives for our relationship. I trust her and love her so you being suspicious of any of her behavior is not only speaking ill of her but of me also” he said sternly, kai awkwardly nodded. “I came back cause I left a letter” minzy said extending her hand out towards kai, he took the letter out out of his back pocket of his jeans and put it on her hand.

 

“I have a meeting I have to attend to” he said looking at his phone, minzy didn’t even even acknowledge that he was leaving or anything. After he left taemin looked at her “I’m sorry I didn’t know…” she cut him off “it’s okay” she smiled softly “thank you for putting up an act Atleast to save my pride” she noticed how taemin looked down at his shoes, she rolled her eyes “what now?” She knew his habits by now to know when he was gonna tell her something she didn’t want to hear. “I invited him to our housewarming party” he said with guilt in his voice. Minzy took a highlighter and threw it at him “taemin!” She said jumping up and down frustrated with him “whyyyyyyyyy” she whined. This made taemin break out into laughter, the way minzy was acting at this moment is why he had grown fond of her, her irresistible natural cuteness. “Why you laughing” she put her hands on her hips glaring at him, anyone might be afraid seeing how she was but taemin knew minzy was delicate like a flower, she was lovingly, caring, and sweet down to her core she couldn’t hurt anything. “You so cute” he mocked her posture laughing “I’m sorry I didn’t know it was before I knew how you were both connected” he said getting back on subject, she nodded her head and waving her hand as to tell him to leave, this was her way of forgiving him. “You forgive oppa?” He said getting behind her to tickle her sides “okay okay!” She laughed knowing she wouldn’t win against him.

 

“I have a date with naeun so I got to leave” he said grabbing his keys, minzy nodded “ahhh taemin one favor!” Minzy said before he opened the door “please don’t tell kai about naeun or anything” taemin nodded as he saluted as if she was the captain “yes ma’am” minzy shook her head laughing at his weirdness.

 

Minzy sat in her office, she brought her right hand up to chest feeling her heartbeat that had gone through a lot today. Her secretary then knocked and walked in dropping some books for minzy “this are some books your husband wanted you to read in order to learn a little about business” minzy nods pouting at the stack of books. Her secretary picks up the highlight from earlier from the floor and puts it back where the rest of the supplies are on the desk, minzy smiled remembering the encounter with taemin before shaking her head and opening a book.

 

For the next few days minzy would go home late as she would spend all the time studying in order to be able to help run the business fast. Her desk was filled with books highlighted and notes. Her right pinky had a callused from all the writing she had done.

 

It was a Friday morning, minzy was in the office checking her makeup out. She was wearing a tight dress that showed off her curves but it was formal enough. She hadn’t seen taemin the last three days, she didn’t know if it was that he was spending the nights with naeun or that he was working on the important meeting that was in a few minutes.

 

She checked herself one last time before the secretary knocked, minzy nodded and grabbed the paperwork. The secretary and her headed to the meeting room.

 

When she arrived she felt lots of stares, she bowed and look toward taemin who wasn’t in a pleasant mood he tapped his fingers on the empty seat on his left. She walked over there and realized kai was sitting next to her and naeun was on taemins right, she smiled at kai for show. She didn’t even look up at naeun, she wasn’t sure why she was avoiding her, taemin leaned in and whispered in her ear “your late we were waiting for you” minzy smiled and whispered back “I thought you we would come together” she turned back to smile at the stockholders “sorry for the wait we may begin.”

 

Minzy eyed how everyone had a packet they were looking at and listening attentively to the presentation. She felt kai from her left donate his packet to her who didn’t have one, in that instance she felt a glare from her right knowing it was coming from taemin she smiled at kai knowing people were probably observing. She read the packet furrowing her eyebrows confused, she did not understood nothing they were speaking about she felt as if she was reading the wrong books all along.

 

After the presentation, the stockholders began to give their opinions. Minzy sat there trying to pretend she understood, “And you Mrs. Gong what do you think would be more beneficial for the annual income to increase?” She understood what they were asking but she didn’t know what to answer. She cleared fidgeting her feet under the desk with nerves, she couldn’t look at taemin for help her eyes scanned to kai as he directed her to naeun who was across him. She looked towards naeun “I think having a famous model as naeun would benefit the company” she said moving her hands towards naeun as to direct the stockholders to her “she is so beautiful and has a huge following that following would want to invest in us seeing that she trusts us” “she wouldn’t be good press” said a stockholder named teddy “I like to think there is no bad press” minzy smiled.

 

Finally the meeting came to an end, her and taemin walked out to the office. She was upset and to be quite honest she wasn’t sure what exactly was pissing her off but something in her was boiling her blood and she hated that she didn’t know what. She sat on the table huffing opening her book not acknowledging his presence. “What’s wrong” a deep voice filled the room she just chose to ignore him “minzy-ah is it cause you weren’t prepared? I gave you the materials to prepare” she scanned the book as if she was reading but in reality she was just listening. She looked up at him and walked up towards him she decided to use an excuse although she didn’t think it was what was bothering you “you could have helped me, I waited for help and you didn’t come and to make things worse I depended on kai” she crossed her hands. “I’m sorry I’ll help you. what you need help with?” he said grabbing her by the waist and leading her to the chair shuffling through the books “what you need help with?” She shook her head “just please leave” she sighed.

 

She put her head down on the table closing her eyes trying to compose herself. She heard a light knock “come in” thinking it was her secretary she stayed in her position. A distinct deep voice that she recognized gave her goosebumps on her back. She quickly looked up “I got you a packet from the meeting before they threw them out” kai said putting the packet on her desk. She didn’t know whether to spat at him for treating her as if she was stupid or be thankful cause she really needed the packet to look over.

 

She looked down at the packet not looking at him and quietly whispered “thanks.” He chuckled at her mess on the desk picking up one of her notes she quickly bolted to her feet to grab the paper from him but he instead moved away. She didn’t give up and gave it another try but missed the placing of her foot and as instinct grabbed him to find her balance, he pulled her close to his chest.

 

In that instance the door opened and Minzy and kai quickly pushed each other away. “Taemin” minzy breathed out normal, taemin eyed them both suspiciously as to why they were acting as if they got caught “what’s going on?” It sent shivers down minzy back but shivers of fear as his tone and glare showed anger in his eyes. A look she had never seen from him Atleast not with her.

 

“I-“ she didn’t know what to say she felt so much tension in the room she felt as if she was caught cheating. “I came to help minzy” kai answered “I figured she needed help and there was no one here helping her so I figured why not” he shrugged casually. Minzy glared at him thinking if kai didn’t understand what they looked liked together or if it was battle between the two men. “I came to help minzy I just went to go end some affairs I had” that made minzy furious all over again he went to go deal with naeun. No one said anything waiting for minzy to decide or one to give in, anyone in there right mind would except kai to give in given the relationship taemin and her were in but he was shameless and wanted to win. Minzy not wanting to give kai or taemin the satisfaction of winning decided to call it a day “I don’t feel good I want to go home” she said grabbing her purse “I’ll drive you home” they both said at the same time. Minzy glared at both finally understanding it was a game between men of keeping their pride and she was the contestant.