Chapter 1

Do You Love Me?

"Why would you give the maid her day off" Minzy dad yelled to her mom, "Im sorry its just i thought..." "Thats your problem you dont think! Whose going to buy the milk now" Minzy dad yelled, "I will Appa" Minzy yelled coming down from the stairs, "No your too young to be going down the streets by yourself" "Appa i promise i will just go to the market buy the milk and come home quickly" Minzy begged, "Arraso hurry up and dont talk to strangers" Minzy dad said ruffling Minzy hair, as Minzy smiled brightly as she took the money from her dads hand and ran out the door.

 

Minzy walked slowly to the market, she was never let out on the streets she was to be home schooled and play in the garden but never outside the house, when she was outside the house it was with a maid or her parents never to interact with any kids. She headed to the market bought gallon of milk and quickly payed, she started heading back home when she saw a boy sitting on a bench in the park as his clothes was torn as he looked as he was poor. Minzy didnt know why but her feet started heading towards his way and sat next to him, "Hey" Minzy said smiling brightly, as the boy looked at her and quickly looked away, "Im Gong Minji but you can call me MInzy" Minzy said holding her hand out to see he didnt shake it she quickly brought it down, "How old are you" Minzy asked after a while of silence, "Fifteen" The boy said, "Really? Me to" The excited MInzy said, "You look older though" Minzy said observing his face.

 

"Do you have any clothes" Minzy asked observing his clothes all torn, "No im poor not like you all rich" the boy said, "Im not rich but im not poor im considered the regular people not like the other wealthy families who have millions to throw around like nothing" Minzy said but felt bad for saying that as she saw the boys face turn to sadness, "Im sorry" Minzy said as she took out her phone to check the time to see she had been talking to the boy for about twenty minutes already her dad was going to kill her, Minzy quickly got up and was about to leave when she gave boy he spare change, "Here buy something to eat" Minzy said handing it to him as he looked at her confused but accepted it, "I need to go ill see you another time" Minzy said already running away when the boy got up and screamed "Minzy!" as Minzy quickly turned around, "the name is Kai" Kai said waving as Minzy smiled, "Bye kai hope to see you another time" minzy said running back home.

 

Minzy quickly entered the house to see her dad pacing around the dining room, "MInzy!" her dad screamed, "Im sorry Appa i got-" "You got what! Distracted!" her dad screamed at her as if he had read her mind, "Calm down" Minzy mom said trying to calm down her father, "Where were you?" Her dad screamed ingoring her mothers pleas, "Im sorry Appa i got distracted with some boy" Minzy said truthfully she was never able to lie to her parents, "this is why i dont let you out around i dont want you talking to strangers" her father screamed, "Hand me the change" Her father screamed, "Appa i handed it to the poor boy" Minzy said looking down to be met with silence as she looked up to see if her father was still there to be slapped hard and dropped to the floor, Tears started streaming down Minzy eyes, "Minzy!" Her mother screamed running to Minzy side, "Appa" Minzy sobbed as she hugged her mom it was the first time she was ever hit by her father, "You deserved it for not being an obedient daughter" Her father screamed, "Go to your room" He screamed as Minzy got up still crying and ran to her room without asking questions.

 

She jumped on her bed as she hugged her pillow crying, she knew she did wrong her father was a really strict saver of money, he would work hard and work on his savings to become rich like the Lee family or the Kim family, Minzy knew really well that they didnt need money they had more than enough but her father was obessed with becoming one of the three rich families. Even if it meant having to give his daughter off to a random guy he would do it, MInzy was strictly going through studies to take over her families company, it was the result of being the only child. Minzy continued to cry but she than remembered the boy from the park she didnt have regrets she did the right thing she smiled, even if meant getting beat up by her father every day she would visit Kai everyday and take him a present, "Yes i am going to do that" Minzy smiled brushing off her tears and looking around her room for anything to make him as she collected a pile of things and began putting it together smiling.