xi.

Unsung Song Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can't say that I am not surprised." Jaekyung said, once she was standing before Woohyun who smiling guiltily, scratching his head.

"I just thought that it isn't right to delay things. Besides, it isn't nice to owe a lady money." He chuckled, and put his hand into his jeans' pocket, trying to fish out his wallet. "How much did I-"

"Oh no! No! No! No cash, please!" She said, waving her hands in front of his face, and when Woohyun looked at her strangely, she explained, "You do not know how capable I am in finishing cash in minutes."

Woohyun laughed and pulled his hand out from his pocket. "Well, then, do I need to write you a check?"

Then it was Jaekyung's turn to laugh and Woohyun was only watching her, a little amused. "Yah, just bank-in the money to me, okay? It wasn't that much for a check." She shook her head.  "I'll just text you my bank account number later."

"Okay." He shrugged, and then he looked up at the building behind him. It was only an 8-floored apartment which looked very, very old and a bit eerie. "Nice apartment."

"Are you speaking ironically?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Sort of." He smiled. "Is it even safe here?"

"Of course it is. It might look a little old but it's actually a really nice place and the rent and maintenance fee is cheap." She shrugged, looking behind her for a moment. "And the people here are nice since they're mainly elders."

Woohyun nodded to himself, making a long hmm while looking up the apartment. Then he looked at Jaekyung again, straight into her eyes; his eyes apologetic. "I'm sorry again, about last night."

"Hey, that's fine." And then she waited, for him to invite her for dinner again to perhaps make up for it but he never did. Instead, he was talking about how he was surprised to hear about Hwayoung and thanked her again for telling him about it. He told her that he was getting her a transfer, and it made Jaekyung a little surprise. "A transfer? But it's her last year."

"Either she transfer now or she will have to repeat a whole year." He explained, with a sigh. "She protested a lot but I sort of scolded her and now she wouldn't talk to me and is looking gloomy the whole day..." He tilted his head, staring off at nothing behind Jaekyung. "I wonder what I should do. Should I buy her something to cheer her up again? What do you think, Jaekyung?"

"Huh?" Jaekyung blinked rapidly, as she didn't expect to receive such question. Woohyun was watching her with anticipating eyes, making her uncomfortable. "Um, I guess you can buy her something that she likes to eat... or something."

"Yeah, that'd be good." He said, nodding to himself. "Well, I think I'll be going now. I will bank you the money as soon as I can, okay?" He smiled widely, and got into his car, and was then gone. Jaekyung was still standing there, in sort of disbelieved, and a little annoyed.

Maybe it's true that Woohyun has brother-sister complex, she thought, as she retreated inside the building, thinking about how Woohyun was confusing her. He came all the way to her apartment to pay her money but ended up talking about Hwayoung again.

"Hwayoung, Hwayoung, Hwayoung." She muttered, while riding the elevator. Why am I annoyed? Am I jealous? Is it normal to be jealous towards his own sister though? Am I being irrational here? Of course he would be attentive towards her since she's the only sister that he has, and she's still young and their house seems like a wreck. But still, isn't it a little too much?

She rolled her eyes when she arrived at her floor, and lazily, she strolled up to her door, unlocked the door and once she stepped inside, the door was flung open widely and she saw Hoya coming at her, and grabbed her shoulders, pushing her against the wall. The door closed on its own, with a soft thud.

 

She gulped, looking at Hoya's anguish face, which was a little pale and there were sweat running from his temple down to his cheek and he was catching his breath, but his eyes were fixed on her as he was pinning her against wall. "Hoya-sshi, what are you doing..." She asked and found that her voice was trembling a little, because his attitude wasn't something that she had expected and  his face felt too near that she could see her own eyes in his. Her heart was beating loudly against her chest, and she could feel his body heat even when there was still some space between their torsos.

"How do you know him?"

"Him?"

"The guy you were talking to downstairs."

"Were you stalking me?" She asked, in disbelieved.

"Just answer me!" He raised his voice and Jaekyung shivered a little, looking sideways.

"He's a friend..."

"You must stop seeing him." Hoya said, still composed.

"What?" She scoffed, and looked up into his eyes. "Hoya-sshi, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying you must stop seeing him." He repeated, with a firm voice.

"What makes you think you have the right to say that?"

"I don't." He said, his eyes looked a little distant and Jaekyung saw it, and felt strange. "But you need to stay away from him."

"You need to stop telling me what to do without giving me the reasons." She said, looking sideways, before she peeled off his hands, took off her shoes hastily and walked towards the living room. She didn't manage to get far when Hoya grabbed her hand again, and turned her to him. "Let me go!"

"You need to listen to me!"

"And why is that? Why are you suddenly telling me to stay away from Woohyun? Do you even know him?" She asked, rapidly, looking up from his toe to his face.

"I do." He replied, grimly. "And he's not someone you would want to get involved with."

"Woohyun is a nice person!" She said, getting angry. "The person I should not get involved with is you."

Hoya looked down on their hands, feeling how warm her hand was, and how tiny her fingers were, just like her shoulders, which felt so fragile when he was holding them earlier. He wasn't sure why, but it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter