x.

Unsung Song Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She stopped playing the keyboard ever since that night, and rarely went out to her balcony anymore. She couldn't even hear the usual rustle from his house, and at times she thought that perhaps he had moved out and was done with his mission. She can't help but to feel lonely about it but more so, she was glad that they had stopped seeing each other and it helped her not to think about how confusing the whole thing was. She met Woohyun more frequently for lunch and she found him as attractive as ever but conversations with Woohyun were mostly not as fun as the one she had with Hoya. Woohyun was always talking about Hwayoung this, Hwayoung that and she thought that perhaps Woohyun had a little siblings complex but of course she didn't tell that to him.

 

She was having a dinner with Woohyun that Saturday, and she had put up the best dress that she had and Woohyun was looking breathtaking with his casual black jacket and his hair was styled a little differently that night. He had made the effort to book a table at a rather expensive restaurant, and so Jaekyung felt relieved that she had dressed appropriately because the last thing she'd want to do was making him felt embarrassed. They were seated at the table when Woohyun suddenly looked up and waved at someone behind her and so she turned and saw Hwayoung, looking a little sour making her way to their table. She sat down beside her, greeted her without expression and made a face at Woohyun.

 

"Why do I have to come here?" She asked, glaring at Woohyun. Jaekyung quietly studied her dress, which she recognized as a designer's work and then she looked on her own; quickly feeling inferior.

"Because Father isn't at home and you said you don't want to eat dinner alone."

"I can just order pizza." She replied before sighing. "I'm sorry for disturbing, Park-ssam."

"No, it's okay..." Jaekyung said, but really, she was just feeling awkward. Of course she didn't expect that Hwayoung would be there and it was making her rather disappointed because she was sort of looking forward to the dinner with Woohyun and perhaps after dinner, they could have some time, alone.

"But it's nice to have dinner together, don't you think? Woohyun asked, addressing both of them but Jaekyung could only smile a little and Hwayoung rolled her eyes. After their food had arrived, they began eating and Woohyun was endlessly asking Hwayoung about how she was doing in school. Then, Jaekyung remembered what Sungjong had told her and she stopped eating.

"Hwayoung-ah." She began, and Hwayoung too, stopped munching and turned her face to look at the older woman. "I think it's best to talk about this since the both of you are here."

"Talk about what?" Woohyun asked. Jaekyung shot him a serious glance before looking at Hwayoung again.

"Hwayoung, Sungjong told me that-"

"Sungjong?" Hwayoung said, loudly, gaining attention from the people around the restaurant but she seemed not to mind it as she stared at Jaekyung. "Park-ssam, please don't."

"What's going on?" Woohyun asked, and his face was serious and he was looking like he was about to gobble someone up, with his hands still holding his knife and fork.

"Hwayoung, Woohyun needs to know about this. You can't just face it alone."

"I can handle it." She said, looking frantic.

"Jaekyung, what is wrong?"

"Woohyun." She said, turning her attention to him. "Hwayoung has been skipping school." She watched as Woohyun widened his eyes and stared at Hwayoung who looked away immediately. "But it's not because she is doing it on purpose but because she has some problem at school."

"What problem? Woohyun asked, still looking at Hwayoung. "You never told me you were skipping school. So all this while when I asked you about school, you were lying to me?"

"Woohyun, please listen first."

"Park-ssam..." She gripped her hand under the table, asking her to stop.

"No Hwayoung. We have to solve this." She said, nodding to her. "Hwayoung is being bullied at school."

"Are you?" Woohyun asked, looking scary but he didn't look very much surprised hearing the news. "Why are they bullying you? Who exactly?"

"You should know better." She said, looking down on her unfinished steak.

"How would I know if you don't tell me?"

"If I have told you then, would you even do anything?" She asked, raising her voice.

"Of course I will!"

"What will you do?" She asked, looking anguish. "You are never around when I need you and you're telling me you'd actually do something? Stop pretending that you care, Oppa. I know that you don't!" She said, and abruptly stood up and was soon dashing away towards the entrance and Woohyun, without even giving a glance at Jaekyung, went after her.

 

Jaekyung was left baffled, at the table, and everyone was murmuring and looking at her. She lowered her gaze and sipped her wine a little, but she knew she couldn't just sit there and wait for them to come back, and there was the probability that he wasn't coming back. Then she was so confused, and wanted to just leave but she looked at the food on the table and wondered how much they cost but she knew it wasn't the time to think about it, so closing her eyes, she called for the bill and waited with the least anticipation. When the bill came, she almost fainted looking at the amount but nevertheless, she paid for it (using more than half of her pay for the month) and left the restaurant quickly.

 

She felt like she had never breathed in air when she stepped out of the restaurant, into the coldness of the night. As she hugged her coat tighter to her torso, she thought about how she shouldn't have told the news at the table, and that it was her fault that things ended up like that. She knocked her head using her knuckles, and went off walking aimlessly, away from the busy streets and the crowd. Then she thought about how Woohyun didn't even consider about her when he got up after Hwayoung and she was thinking he had gone a bit too far and it made her upset. Of course, Hwayoung was his sister but she was his date, she thought, angrily as she sat down on a bench in the park not far from where the restaurant was. And then she was having thoughts about how Woohyun was really feeling for her. Does he even like her, she asked herself. He was always nice to her, and he was always meeting her up for lunch and even asked her out for dinner and although these were the usual acts of someone who likes you, why did she feel that it wasn't the case

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter