i.

Unsung Song Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sweats were trickling down his lean back as he strode through the dark alley behind some tall building, his pace light and barely audible. He kept on glancing back, even at the slightest sound, and each time he would tighten his jaw although there wasn't anyone or anything following him. He kept on moving further into the alley, until he reached a green steel door. He looked to his left and right, and knocked on the door, once, feeling sweats on his palm when his hand turned into a fist.

"Cut me the sky." He mouthed, loud enough for the person behind the door to hear.

"And give us the paper moon." The other man voiced, and he opened the door with a creak; his sharp eyes meeting the other man immediately. "Got the dope?"

The man nodded, and lifted up the brown paper bag he was carrying, and when the man inside wanted to reach for it, he jerked it back. "Show me the cabbage*."

The other man smirked and hissed, pulling up an envelope with provoking eyes. "Now give me the dope." The man passed it over, and the other man placed the envelope on his palm with such force but he didn't even flinch. He quickly turned the envelope uptside down, stopping the content from falling with his palm and after confirming the content, he flipped it over again and put it into the inside pocket of his coat. The other man gave him another smirk before he shut the door tightly just as he spurned his heels to get out of the alley.

 

He went on walking until he reached the main street, and entered a parking lot where he jumped into a car, and started the engine right away. He pulled out of the parking and drove for about 35 minutes before arriving at another building. He glanced to left and right inauspiciously and entered the building, raising an eyebrow to the man who was guarding the entrance who replied in the same manner. He was then standing before a door, with two men standing outside it, and when they confirmed with each other that he was one of them, they let him in.

"Oh, you're back," A man cried, happily, with his back to him. He was reading some papers while standing and he took a sip of the coffee he had on the table before turning to him. No one really knew how old he was but some guessed that he was in his 60s though he tends to look younger, earning him rumors that said he was youthful because of the dope. The younger man standing before him suspected that it was the cabbage though.

He fished for the envelope from his coat and handed it to the older man, who took it without even checking the content. He was only weighing it, his lips tugging up in satisfaction.

"Want a bindle?" The older man asked, opening a wooden box on his table.

"The usual cabbage will do." He said, with a tight jaw.

"You should try it out you know. It's bliss." The man said, with a dreamy face, closing the box again. He began searching for something on his table and when he found a bundle of money, tied with only rubber band, he tossed it over to the younger man who caught it with his firm grip. "Sure you don't want to have some? It's a gift from me."

"No. I saw what it did to my grandfather. I don't fancy the thought of craving for some dope before my few last breaths." He said, matter-of-factly, with a tight jaw.

"Now, now." The older said, inching in closer and held the sides of his shoulder. "You shouldn't badmouth the things that bring you the money, right?"

The younger man shrugged and was only standing stiff, and he could smell the scent of his cologne, with the mixed of some expensive wine. It was nothing but sickening but he kept a calm face and looked beyond the older man, at the painting that he couldn't comprehend. "I just need the money."

"Of course. Of course. You shouldn't be so upright stiff with me." The older man said, with a wide grin, and he slapped the sides of his shoulders a few times, hard enough to shake him. "You're already like a son to me. Relax, will you? If you keep on making that face, some buttons will be on your tails very soon. Now I don't fancy losing a precious son of mine, so, relax." He said, with a hint of threat in his voice.

The younger man clenched his jaw and smirked, making the older man smiled even wider. He then excused himself though before he managed to even turn, the man slipped a jujus into his pocket, and patted on it gently. The younger man was only quiet and turned away from him and walked to the door.

 

"Hoya."

The younger man stopped short and looked over his shoulder.

"Good job today." He chuckled. Hoya only gave a little smile.

 

Hoya climbed down the stairs, and tossed the jujus to the guard at the entrance earlier who thanked him with a raised eyebrow. He got into his car, put on the stereo and sped away. He winded down the window to allow in the cooling breeze from outside and sped through the highway, barely stopping until he reached a residential area. He slowly maneuvered his car into the underground parking lot and parked his car. When he had turned off the engine, he threw his head backward, closing his eyes and brushed the side of his face with his palm, and cupped his mouth. He then let out a breath through his mouth and opened the door to his car and walked up to his apartment.

 

There was practically nothing in the living room of his small apartment save for an old couch and a coffee table. There were only a mug and a spoon and a small refrigerator in the kitchen which was always empty though sometimes there'll be some leftover pizza and beers. He walked to his room and stripped off his clothes, and when he was left in his boxer, he picked up the clothes and brought them over to the washing machine outside the bathroom and tossed everything in. He took off the last piece of clothing he was wearing and tossed it inside, pouring a ridiculous amount of detergent, slammed the lid close and pressed start. He walked into the shower, attacked by the cold water that turned warmer slowly but he never did flinch. He shut his eyes, letting the water washed away the stench and sweat away as he took in a deep breath, hanging his head low.

 

He wrapped a towel around his waist, and reached for a smaller tower to dry his hair, walking out of the bathroom. He changed into his PJs in a swift, with the towel dangling from his head and he walked up briskly to the balcony, and slid the glass door open, welcoming the evening air. His face was tense, and his eyes were sharp as he glanced down to the ground, but the streets were almost empty, so he relaxed a bit. He glanced up to the old clock on the wall, leaned to the rail of the balcony and waited.

 

A soft tune of piano cou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter