Singer & His Back up Dancer

HYUNSAENG SHORT SHORT STORIES ♥♡♥♡

Credit goes to tihani. This author was the one who suggested the idea to me. 

Message to tihani:
I'm not really sure who you wanted as the main character. I hope this is to your liking. Haha~

************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hyun Joong was still practicing in the dance studio even two hours past midnight. Sweat dripped down his forehead and he had thrown off his sweaters, hats, changing his sweats into shorts, to keep cool.

"You have schedule tomorrow. I think you should go and rest now," his manager told him calmly from the side. "Your backup dancers need to rest, too."

The singer stopped and looked over at the others, who were practicing with him. A few were resting at the side and his heart skipped a beat when his gaze landed on one of his dancers, who was sitting down on the bench near the wall. The dancer was almost the same age as Hyun Joong even though he looked incredibly young.

"Young Saeng-ah, are you tired?" he asked the man.

The cute boy looked up and stood up, shaking his head. "Aniyo... Let's continue."

"You guys can go home if you want," he announced to the others. "I'm staying here. Young Saeng-ssi, you can go home, too."

The younger dancer shook his head. "I'll stay until you leave.

He smiled. "I want you to get some rest. You've probably had a long day and I don't want you to be tired for tomorrow's practice."

"It's not like I have schedules like you do," Young Saeng answered with a cute pout. He beamed as he shot up, doing a few jumping jacks to prove his stamina. "Come on, I'm just fine. I can handle more. Let's continue."

Hyun Joong couldn't help but chuckle and turned to the others. "Whoever wants to go home can go. If you want to stay, then do whatever you want. Just don't go blaming me if you feel tired tomorrow."

The backup dancers laughed. A few got up and headed to the washroom while two of them, including Young Saeng, stayed. Hyun Joong nodded. "So you guys are staying."

"I'm only leaving when you're leaving," assured Young Saeng as he threw off his sweater. "Let's continue."

Blood rushed up to Hyun Joong's cheeks when he caught a glimpse of Young Saeng's milky skin underneath the t-shirt when he had pulled his sweater up over his head. The singer had had a secret crush on Young Saeng for the longest time. Young Saeng had been one of his loyal backup dancer for almost three years already, always determined and enthusiastic. When Hyun Joong first got to see Young Saeng in performance clothes, his heart raced faster than a race car and he dared to dream about staying with the dancer forever. 

The manager cleared his throat, snapping Hyun Joong out of his lewd thoughts. "Well, if you're going to continue to practice..."

"Yeah, we will," immediately responded the singer as he rolled his shoulders and stretched his neck. 

(Two Hours Later)

Sweating like a pig, Hyun Joong collapsed onto the floor, lying there, gasping and panting after they finished dancing the same dance for the 7th time. Suddenly, a towel covered his vision and he immediately ripped it off to see Young Saeng standing above him, also sweating and panting, chuckling. "I thought you needed that."

Hyun Joong smiled, sitting up as he let Young Saeng pick up the towel and wipe his face. 

"You should go and shower," said the younger man. 

The singer cocked an eyebrow. "No, you can go first."

"You need to get home sooner to sleep," reminded Young Saeng thoughtfully, still wiping the towel down Hyun Joong's neck. "It's already two in the morning. You should get some rest. Don't push yourself so much."

Hyun Joong's heart raced as he nodded. "Neh."

Young Saeng stood up and smiled. "I'll go home and shower. I'm assuming the dance practice is over now?"

The singer nodded. "Yeah. I'm gonna take your advice and go home now."

The dancer chuckled. "Hurry. I'm going now, okay? See you tomorrow."

"Wait, Young Saeng-ssi," Hyun Joong suddenly said as Young Saeng was turning. The latter looked back in question. Hyun Joong smiled awkwardly as he realized what he had blurted out without intention. Frantically, he wracked his brain for something to say. "Umm... Uh-- G-good night."

Young Saeng giggled and nodded. "Yeah. Good night to you, too. Sleep well."

As he stood under the hot shower, he closed his eyes, letting the warm water run through his hair and down his muscular build. In order for him to be able to perform many genres of dance, his trainer made him keep fit and his abs firm, just in case he had to rip off his shirt sometime in public or on stage. 

Even in the shower, he was rehearsing his dance, his eyebrows furrowed with concentration. That was when in his replay of the dance, he saw Young Saeng in the mirror and smiled, completely forgetting the next move and just watching as his dancer rehearsed the moves in his own little world. Although his fans called him a 4D person, he felt as if Young Saeng was more 4D than him, which made the boy even cuter. 

"Ya! When are you going to be finished?" a frustrated yell came from outside the door. 

"Almost!" he immediately responded over the shower to his manager. 

***

Nowadays, he was more excited for his dance practice time in the evening or late at night because recently, he and Young Saeng had gotten a little bit closer. In the first two years, he and the young dancer rarely ever communicated. Only after he brought up the courage and offered a hand to the boy when the latter tripped was when they actually made contact and looked into each other's eyes. 

Still, the singer often avoids eye contact with Young Saeng for he becomes tongue-tied and can't speak or think properly. It becomes awkward, too, and it makes him blush. 

After a long day of interviews, he hopped into his car and sped off to the dance practice room. Once he arrived, he dashed out and arrived at the place within seconds. 

"Hi guys!" he exclaimed loudly cheerfully, hurrying in and throwing his bag down. He swiftly scanned the room and immediately noticed that Young Saeng was missing. "There's one person missing. Where's Young Saeng? Bathroom? Getting a drink?"

Kyu Jong, another dancer and an very close friend of Young Saeng's, shook his head and stood up from the floor. Hyun Joong was constantly jealous over that man because he was so friendly and always made Young Saeng smile. A smile he couldn't get Young Saeng to light. His heart stopped. "What happened?"

He noticed that the atmosphere in the room wasn't particularly golden and lively. Instead, there was a couple of dancers practicing in the corner while another few slumped on the benches, looking down with their shoulders hunched forward. Hyun Joong suddenly felt worried. All of these dancers were good friends with Young Saeng for they had been together before they even met him. 

"Kyu Jong-ah, where is he?" asked Hyun Joong worriedly, his heart thumping in nervousness. 

The latter looked away, his lips tut in a straight line. "He got kicked out."

Hyun Joong's eyes widened and he immediately processed it. "WHAT?!" His face red with rage, he continued to yell. Being unable to restrain himself, his arm pulled back and he punched Kyu Jong hard in the cheek, causing him to tumble over. "What do you mean he got kicked out?"

"Hyun Joong!" a loud voice shouted from the door of the practice room. The dancers ran over to help their fallen friend. The singer whipped around to see his manager standing at the door, panting. "Why did you just punch Kyu Jong? What in the world is going on?"

"Why don't you tell me what is going on?" exclaimed Hyun Joong, trying to lower his voice and calm his emotions, but failed miserably. "Why is Kyu Jong saying that Young Saeng got kicked out?"

"He wasn't fit for this dance," answered the manager calmly, crossing his arms in front of his chest. "I found out from the choreographer that later, there's going to be a part where you all have to reveal your upperbodies. Trust me! I did everything I could, but Young Saeng gains weight too easily. And it takes a long time for him to lose it, too. It's not going to be enough in order to--"

"I don't care! Where is he?" interrupted Hyun Joong, his fists clenched tightly. 

"Here," Kyu Jong's voice came from behind him as a hand tapped Hyun Joong's shoulder. 

Hyun Joong turned to see Kyu Jong holding a ice pack on his cheek and holding out a piece of paper. The singer took it and saw that there was an address written on it. Right away, he hugged the latter rightly. "I'm sorry for hitting you... I didn't mean it. I wasn't straight in the head."

"It's okay," said Kyu Jong with a slight smile and nod. 

Hyun Joong rushed to the coat hanger and grabbed his jacket. His manager caught him in the arm. "Where do you think you're going?"

"Guess where," answered the latter before ripping his arm out of his manager's arm and throwing his coat on as he ran to his car. Before his manager could catch up, he was already speeding off onto the road, towards the address Kyu Jong had given him. 

In half an hour, he arrived and rechecked the address multiple times to make sure he got it right, for surely, it would be embarrassing if it was the wrong person. Finally, he gained the courage to walk up to the door and ring the doorbell. The house lights were opened so the owner must've been home. 

It wasn't long before a voice became from the speaker. A familiar voice. "Who is it?"

He smiled, recognizing Young Saeng's voice. But it sounded like the boy was just crying for his nose seemed stuffed. "Um... It's Kim Hyun Joong..."

Immediately, the door swung open and he met face to face with the cute wide-eyed boy, who was totally surprised at his visit. "What are you doing here? How did you--"

"Young Saeng, I'm really sorry," Hyun Joong immediately apologized when he saw the red streaks stained on the latter's face and the puffy eyes. "I wasn't the one who decided it. My manager did it without my concern. I don't want you out of the dance group. Maybe you might not be in it for this one dance, but for the others, I'll make sure you're included."

Young Saeng looked away, his eyes clouded with sadness. "It's okay... I'm overweight for your dances anyway. It's not like--"

"No! You are not permanently leaving your job," said Hyun Joong. 

The latter sighed. "We'll talk inside."

Once Young Saeng forced Hyun Joong to sit down, he sat down across from the man and placed cups of tea in front of each of them. "So... what exactly are you here for? I mean, I wasn't really expecting to see anyone at this hour."

Hyun Joong took a deep breath. "Look, Young Saeng... You're not fat. I know you're not the other dancers who can lose weight easily. But that's what I like about you."

Young Saeng raised an eyebrow. "What are you talking about? That doesn't make sense? Why would you like the fact that I can't lose weight, and instead, would gain weight easily? In the beginning, I always had thoughts about quitting because I noticed already that I was different from the others. Now is probably the best time."

"No," exclaimed Hyun Joong. He threw his arms around Young Saeng's smaller frame, hugging him tightly. "No, you're not leaving. You can't leave. I won't let you."

The latter smirked. "Who said you could control me?"

"I will, even if I have to do it by force," murmured Hyun Joong as he pulled away slightly and met with Young Saeng's soft gaze before leaning in and gently pressing his lips onto the latter's. 

He immediately sensed Young Saeng stiffen, but soon, relax and respond to the kiss. Hyun Joong was quite surprised by this. He thought Young Saeng would've immediately pushed him away, wiping his lips and yelling at him for doing such a disgusting thing. But, instead, this was a completely different feeling. He could feel the latter's arms slither around his neck, pulling him closer as their lips locked together. 

Hyun Joong pushed Young Saeng down onto the couch and crawled over him without breaking contact. He dug his hand underneath Young Saeng's back and supported his head up slightly just to deepen the kiss. 

A few minutes later, the two finally broke away, panting and gasping for air. That's when Hyun Joong noticed that there were still tears strickling down the latter's round cheeks. He smiled lightly, using his thump to brush them away. "Don't cry, okay? It's what makes your special. Anyways, chubbiness suits you." He joked.

Young Saeng pouted, hitting Hyun Joong on the chest. "What the heck? Don't go--"

Before he could say anymore, Hyun Joong cut him off by connecting their mouths again. Young Saeng immediately melted under Hyun Joong's loving embrace and his body felt like jelly. 

"Why are you doing this?" questioned Young Saeng quietly when they broke away again, breathless. "It's out of pity, isn't it? How did you know I was gay?"

Hyun Joong blinked owlishly. "I-I... I didn't..."

The latter's eyes roundened. "Eh? Then how did you..."

The singer blushed and looked away awkwardly. "It's just that... It's been a while and I've had buried feelings for you... Sorry, I'm gay and I didn't know you were, until just now, actually..."

"You... like me...?" murmured Young Saeng. "You like me?" Tears began to well up again and Hyun Joong had no idea what he was supposed to do if somebody he really cared about was crying. 

"Don't cry," was all he could manage. 

Young Saeng brought the singer's head down and gently connected their lips, a tear trickling down. Hyun Joong deepened the kiss with a smile.

***

Lying in the bed together, Hyun Joong gazed at the serene expression Young Saeng wore as he slept. Bringing the latter closer to his chest, his heart finally felt calm after confessing. It was amazing, the weight lifted off his shoulders. Finally, after three years, Young Saeng was his and his only. 

"I love you," he whispered into the younger man's ear before closing his eyes and letting sleep wash over him.

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goodness... I feel like this story is too short. Maybe I can make it a longer? I guess I'll think about it when I get the chance. 

Anyways... I hope you guys enjoy this story, as you did with the other ones (I hope)