XVII L'Ètoile

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

     The Star/L'Ètoile

The Star represents a moment of renewed hope, inspiration and discovery. The turmoil of escape from the Devil depicted on the previous trump in the series (The Tower) is over, indicating calm after the storm. It is a breakthrough, a new opportunity to rise to higher state of consciousness.

 

 

 

Chapter 22

L'Étoile

 

Thoughtform.

 

No one saw me. I was completely invisible. People would walk past me, their eyes never meeting mine. This was quite lonely for someone who needed to spend hours and hours of analyzing time and space within these walls. But then again, I'd always been incredibly lonely. Nothing had changed really.

I was back at the start, sitting on one of the desks, waiting for the teacher to disappear. He did.

I heard these words hundreds of times.

"Yes. Yoonhye. I-euhm... I just noticed that there is a vase on ehm..." This girl got on my nerves. She acted all innocent and insecure, but something in her eyes made me feel uncomfortable. Not that she did anything wrong. Her trembling fingers pointed at the desk I sat in. They were unable to see me.

Funny. I used to feel like that in high school all the time. I still felt like that, to be honest.

These kids were relentless. They made one joke after another. They were scared to death. I saw it in their eyes. Kids are always scared. Everyone is insecure. Funny that I only realized this right now. It would have made my high school experience a lot easier. I felt like scum, like everyone else did. The only difference between me and all those other people was that I did not hide my true feelings.

A kid called Zelo took a picture of the vase in class. Now I knew who was making these shots. They turned up on that site we accessed through Jaejoong's wifi.

People escaped the classroom, wanting to go home. They had no home to go to. Soon they would all end up here again.

The teacher and Chanyeol went at last. This was my time to make a move. When the teacher left the room, I closed to door in front of Chanyeol and locked it. He had no idea what was going on and stepped back.

I placed my hands around his neck and stared into his eyes. He looked nothing like the demon that had been haunting me, before leaving me to suffer on my own. Chanyeol was my immortal guardian. Looking at this teenage boy made me pity his petty existence. He was just a shell created by Jaejoong. And I had his life between my own hands. He had to die. If Chanyeol died, this universe would collapse.

Good boy.

Chanyeol stood frozen, uneasy by the cold hands touching his neck. He remained calm, he even appeared stuck in time. I wanted to squeeze, but realized there were not ten fingers around his neck, but twenty.

I tilted my head and looked at the head that leaned onto my shoulder. It was a woman. She was not made out of flesh and blood. No. The edges of her being seemed to be fluent and shifting. I was not afraid. She had her hands around Chanyeol, not me. If she wanted to kill me, she would have done sooner.

I was not afraid of dying at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter