Pallas

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Pallas

Titan of warcraft.

 

"Everything alright, mom?" I asked her when she was finally sitting at the breakfast table for once. She seemed rather occupied with a lot of things- other than Miyoung's accident and whatever was happening to me. I wouldn't spill a thing. I didn't want her to feel like this. She worked so hard to put some bread on the table. Why would I make her feel even worse? I knew that it maybe was a stupid thing to do, but right now I couldn't even bear to think being selfish. That just wasn't me. "I'm sorry if I may have been-"

"No, it's nothing, Luhan." she sighed and took a sip from her coffee. "I just have a lot of things on my mind. Mommy will take care of it. Money will always be an issue here." I knew she was going to say something about my father but she never spoke about him. Never. I didn't even know his name. I didn't even know my father's name. That was the worst part of it. The only thing I could hold onto was his face- which seemed to be almost entirely faded away. My memories were corrupt. "But we'll get through," she showed me a dim smile and stood up. "I should get going now," I was sure she was one day going to collapse. When she was standing, so did I and as I wrapped my arms around her and inhaled her sweet scent, I could only be grateful that I had least had one parent that cared about me.

 

Hyunseung leaned back in his chair and nodded. "I'm sure you like these sessions before classes start as well. It's relaxing in a way, isn't it?" He rubbed through his eyes and grabbed one of his notebooks. He carefully noted everything interesting I had to mention- which, to me, seemed to be everything. "Well, you seem rather relaxed today. Your body is. Your mind is lingering. What are you thinking about?"

These sessions would last until the end of the school year. They had put me on suicide watch, or so I had the idea. Maybe they were right. I did try to take my life a week ago. I changed my mind because of the right things. Or that's what I told myself. "I'm thinking about my mother." I could at least make some use of this to vent. Not everything but the things worth mentioning. And things that were safe. Hyunseung seemed like a decent person. I often wondered why he was our school's psychiatrist. Well, no... He also worked for the other school in our district. I betted he had a tougher job there. People seemed rather traumatized after that entire class disappeared.

"You are worried about her." Hyunseung said as he clicked his pen. He was dressed very nicely today as well. "Yes, yes I am." I answered and waited for his reply- but he looked at me, wanting me to spill more. "It's just... She's a strong person. She's been taking care of me all by herself, but I feel like I need to help her out now. I just don't know how to ask her."

"What about your father? Was it tough growing up without him?" Hyunseung placed his book on his lap and leaned closer to me, far more interested. His eyes were glued to mine as I tried forming an answer that wouldn't alarm him. "I think it was for the best that he wasn't around. My mother says he was rather a strange man. More she does not say. I don't know anything about him- only the memory of his warm hand before he let go of mine when he left."

 

I looked at Yixing when I stepped into my classroom. He was seated next to my desk and seemed to be awfully invested in writing inside that little notebook. He did look back and gave me a kind nod before resuming his work. I couldn't really explain why these subtle greetings mattered to me. Kai suddenly stood next to me and scanned me from head till toe. "Hey! I haven't really had the chance to talk to you in the last two weeks. Well, three. I don't know. I just hope your dog's alright. Is she?"

I smiled at him and walked to my seat, following by Kai. "Yes, she is. It's just so sad seeing her being confused at most times. Her life has changed. She is adapting, though." I liked talking about Miyoung at the moment because I was afrai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter