Nyx

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nyx
Goddess of the night.

My hands were shaking when I realized it was time to head back to school. The morning hit me harder than a brick thrown at my face. When I opened my eyes, still in bed, I wanted to scream out of frustration. I loved it when I dreamt about nothing. The night would be black as ink and all my troubles forgotten. I could say I would find myself in complete happiness. Until the moment came when I got pulled out of that artificial carelessness and had to accept reality.

I literally dragged my body to school, dreading the moment I would step a foot inside that classroom. However, this was my last year. I could survive this somehow, even though this terror seemed pretty well organized. I was used to being bullied and pestered, but this was pure terror. I realized this the moment I noticed NYF glued my locker. This indicated that I was dealing with someone clever. Terrifyingly clever.

Walking through the hallway, I almost reached my classroom. No one was interested in me today, which I found quite relieving. I didn’t get pushed or yelled at. Everyone was busy, studying for their tests and such. I was lucky and slipped into the classroom, headed for my desk. The teacher was already there, Mr. Choi Siwon.

I wished him a good morning and stared at my desk. There was something written on it again. Hello, I’m still here. I had a hard time keeping myself together as the classroom was filling itself with bored students. We had to take a test. Math wasn’t my favorite class, but I was quite good at it. Maybe even more than quite.

When I was done with the test, twenty minutes before the rest started handing in the papers on Mr. Choi’s desk, I build a small fortress on my desk with books and could feel the cold material luring my hands. I reached underneath it and wanted to sob when my fingers touched something that felt like paper.

I placed the black envelope on my desk and wanted to burn it, throw it out of a window or just walk away, travel. However, my life wasn’t that easy. I couldn’t change schools or district. We didn’t have the money and this was the only high school around our area. My mother was bound to her working place, for we didn’t have anything else.

I opened the envelope and let my eyes scan the letter. It was written just as terrifyingly as the first one. However, there was more than a letter inside this time.

DEAR LUHAN,

I DEBUTED YESTERDAY. I WORKED THIS ALL OUT, PLANNED MY EVERY MOVE AND IT WAS A PLEASURE SEEING EVERYTHING BLEND THAT MARVELOUSSLY. I CAN SEE RIGHT THROUGH YOU.

I SAW YOU FLEEDING FROM SCHOOL YESTERDAY. I WASN’T DONE WITH YOU YET. NOW, AS A PUNISHMENT YOU NEED TO CATCH UP ON THOSE HOURS, RIGHT? HIDE AFTER CLASS AND SPEND THE NIGHT AT SCHOOL. IT WILL DO YOU GOOD. YOUR MOTHER WON’T EVEN NOTICE.

IF YOU DON’T, I’LL MAKE SURE THESE GET PASSED AROUND.

GOOD LUCK,

NOT YOUR FRIEND.

Before I started to semi-hyperventilate, my hands touched the picture that came right after the letter. It was a photo of me in my underwear, standing inside the classroom. My world collapsed as I just realized someone made pictures of me when I was in a locked room.

Like almost everyday, I didn’t eat lunch at the cafeteria. It was funny – actually it wasn’t- but I would quickly eat everything when walking through the hallway and hide in the restrooms until lunch break was over. I was aware of this pitifulness and realized this all too well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter