Chapter IX

The Florist

"Omma, take care of the shop okay?" Minji said as she runs towards her car. It's just 6:00 in the morning, but she is in a hurry. There's an important appointment she's attending, after her quick meeting with a potential client. Her mother followed behind, holding her jacket. "You forgot this."

"Thank you." she smiled back. Mrs. Gong hugged her daughter. "Take care."

 

 

"Madam... Madam..."

Bom woke up to the attendant's whisper. She had then realized she had been asleep for a couple of hours, the last thing she remembered was listening to her iPod.The female attendant gave her her earbuds. "You dropped it, here. Are you feeling well?"

She had been exhausted after all,she drove to the airport all the way from Berklee to surrender her stuff and say goodbye to her colleagues, and took the flight home. She hated the fact that she fell asleep inside the plane. She never sleeps during flight; it's either she watches movies or write songs. "Yes I'm great, just quite tired from work.", she smiled

"I'm sure you're happy to be back in Korea. Are you going for a vacation?"

She had no interest with chit chatting with the attendant, but she's just too nice to be ignored. "No, I'm staying for good. I have someone waiting for me."

The female attendant's eyes widened. "Oh, I'm sure whoever's waiting for you down there would be so happy!" She handed her bottle of water and then went on to check other passengers.

Yes, and I'm happy too, she thought as she opened up her wallet and stare at a photo.

 

 

"Ping me once you get there okay?" Jiyong said as he unload the luggage from his car's compartment. It's been a sunny day in Seoul, and he's been sweating even if he was just out of the car for a couple of minutes.

"Thanks buddy." Seunghyun, his friend answered. "If ever I remember."

 

Jiyong opened his mouth. "And what do you mean by that? Oh- don't tell me you'll be out chasing women there buddy. Remember it's work and-"

"Relax, it's not that I could do it right away. Besides it's work, lots of things to do."

The young man smiled. "Yeah, if only I could tag along. Just..." out of nowhere he pulled Seunghyun and gave out a hug. "Just have fun in there, you deserve it. I'll surely miss our drink out nights."

"Me too." replied Seunghyun. He had been with Jiyong almost half of his life. His younger brother, best friend, co-worker, drinking buddy. Surely, with a new life ahead for him, he will miss his pal. "I'll keep in touch."

After exchanging few more words and hugs, he checked in at the airport. It's a fresh start for Choi Seunghyun. It will be a new working environment, as the new boss of YGE's US office. When the position opened, he knew he needed the work and somehow needed to go out of the country. After all what happened to him the past months, this was the first time he realized it's time to breathe new air. Time can tell when he'll be able to face his past and the people involved, at this point he wants to start over again.

As he walk towards to the waiting area he saw a young woman, Prussian blue-haired woman in plaid long sleeves sitting among the chairs in the area. Immediately he thought it was Minji and wanted to somehow talk to her. No, she can't be, he said. She's too busy to be here. He shrugged off at the thought at took a seat a few rows behind the woman. After a couple of minutes more he stood up and boarded his plane.

 

 

Minji stood from her seat as soon as it was announced the plane had arrived. She almost tripped as she tried to run towards the arrival area and just like a little girl, a big smile was plastered all over her face. She didn't bring any banners with her; she just came from a meeting with a client and sealed a promising deal that will establish a name for their flower shop.

Passengers began to flock towards them. She saw women, men and children hugged their loved ones and she felt happy. Any second from now she'll be hugging her loved one too.

And at last, she came out, and she flashed her brightest smile.

 

Bom smiled too. "Hey."

"How was your flight ?", Minji asked. For second she realized it was a dumb question to ask. "It's fine.", the older woman answered. "How are you? Did you got bored waiting for me?"

“No, it’s fine. It’s worth it.”  And just like the other friends and lovers and families around them,  they gave each other a hug, with Bom’s tears falling. “I missed you.”

“I’m here, we can be together now. I love you.”

They shared a kiss- a soft and passionate one, not caring of what people around them would say.

 

 

A/N: Finally done! Thank you all for your patience and for staying with me. I hope you liked it, please keep on those comments coming!