Chapter II

The Florist

"She's here! Everybody get ready!", one of the church officials exclaimed. Everyone went into their seats. Seunghyun, who was chatting with his Best Man, Jiyong stopped and made a last minute fix on his tie. "This is it, man. Wish me luck", he whispered. "I know you'll do well, that's your forte", Jiyong replied. The church organ started to play the classic Canon by Pachelbel which was also the choice of the couple. Everyone looked at the back for the bride. Minji who silently stood on from her seat waiting, was noticed by one of the visitors. "You’re Minzy, right? How come you're not one of the bridesmaids?" She smiled back, "I'm the one who made the flowers today, did you like it?" The visitor let out an "Oh", nodded and went on with her business.

The entourage started with little girls in beautiful dresses spreading flower petals on the floor. Then came in the bridesmaids, her friends. Dara and CL looked very pretty on the simple pastel colored dress. They smiled as they walked slowly, and smiled bigger when they passed by Minji. She smiled back and put thumbs up on the two which made them giggle. She nervously looked for Bom. And when the bride entered, everyone looked in awe. The wedding dress perfectly suits her and the wedding theme. Visitors cannot help but praise her. "She's beautiful!", "The dress was well-made she looks like a Goddess in it". Minji, silently watching, smiled and whispered, "You're still beautiful, unnie. You're still beautiful."

Bom was almost halfway down the altar when suddenly,  somehow her instinct told her look on her right side. In an instant, her eyes caught a young lady standing with the crowd, in faded Prussian blue hair, wearing casual attire and a brown jacket. In that instant, she felt the world and everything around her and her heart started to beat fast. "She's beautiful, who is she..." When the young lady smiled and waved at her, she realized who she was. "My... it's Minji!" She couldn't help but smiled back, her heart still beating fast. When she reached the aisle, Seunghyun held her hand. She looked one more time in that direction and found Minji still looking at her.

The wedding ceremony went smooth. Only a few members of the media are allowed to cover it, and other familiar faces came as well, notably YG and other Korean entertainers close to the couple. And like any other newlyweds, Seunghyun and his bride made their vows to each other. And when the church pastor announced them as an official married couple, everyone clapped and yelled, even made chant made especially for the two. Minji, was not able to finish the ceremony as she went to the reception area to do some last minute arranging and checking.

As the new couple exited the church, Bom waited for Minji to approach and greet them, but to her disappointment, she didn't. "Honey, I saw Minji earlier,  where is she?", she whispered to her husband. "Don't worry, you will see her at the reception. She's probably in there right now.", he replied.

 

At the reception, the young couple were busy attending visitors and thanking them. Dara and CL, who were seated at one of the tables were chatting when their maknae approached them.

"Minji-yang!!!", exclaimed Dara, loud enough that visitors from the nearby tables looked at them. "Dara unnie! Chaerin unnie!!", she replied. They stood up, jumped and hugged each other so tight.  "The arrangements you made were amazing, looks like you found a new talent. We missed you so much!", she exclaimed. "My, my... you're all grown up now, you're taller than me!", CL added. Minji, who usually watches them on TV and sees them on papers, shrugged. "Well I don't miss you that much, unnies. Whenever I do, I just check the internet, hahaha!" Her response made the two pout. "Silly girl! You still haven’t changed", Dara said as she wrapped her armed around the two maknaes.

“Hey”, someone called them from behind. The Bride looked tired but still stunning and beautiful with her wedding dress. “Bommie- yah!”, all of them exclaimed, CL pulling her for another group hug. “Congratulations, Mrs. Choi Seunghyun”, Minji said as she hugged her unnie. Dara Dara and CL backed sat down. “Thank you”, the Bride answered. “Look at you, you’ve grown a lot!”, she added putting her hand on Minji’s head. “The flowers were beautiful, thank you so much.”

“Of course. They’re as beautiful as you.”

Again somehow, what Minji said made her heart flutter. But then she ignored it. “You’re getting prettier. I missed you.” The young lady smiled.

“Yah, after two years we’re finally complete! This sounds for a reunion, right?”, Dara butted in after noticing how Minji looked at her unnie. “Maybe we can do some get away after your honeymoon, Bom unnie. Can we? Can we?”, added CL. “Well, vacation is okay but the question is, will our baby Mingkki be able to come with us?”, Bom said looking at the Maknae. “Minji-yang, don’t say no this time”, Dara said. “You have no school today so meaning you don’t have any alibi. And no- we don’t accept excuses!”

 

“Look at them”, Jiyong said as he and Seunghyun stood outside the reception tent drinking. “They haven’t changed, still the noisy 2NE1.” Seunghyun smiled. “It’s the first time  in two years to see each other”, he added. “I’m happy for them.”

“Yeah. VERY happy.”

“You really don’t have plans to settle down, do you?”, the Groom asked his Best Man. Jiyong, the easy-going, notorious playboy producer of YGE, seems to enjoy his status as of the moment. He had some serious relationships as well, though you can only count them by your fingers. Other than that, most are what he calls ‘flings’. He even tried to date Dara but sadly, she only looks up to him as a brother. CL on the other hand, knows his reputation, so she simply rejected him. But tonight might be his chance for another adventure.

“You know what TOP? Look at them”, he said, pointing at the girls’ direction. “I might be rejected by those two, but I still haven’t asked their youngest yet”, his eyes locked on Minji. “Hey, hey- Minji? You- yah Kwon Jiyong!” the latter exclaimed. “What? She’s no minor, and judging by her looks, seems she doesn’t have any experience yet.” Seunghyun was shocked after he learned about his best friend’s plan. He knows about Jiyong’s reputation in and out YGE, but he was more shocked at the fact that even the young Minji, whom they adore and used to treat as their little sister was one of his prey.

Jiyong patted his shoulder. “So I’ll see you around? I’ll just check out our Minji over there.” He was not able to say a word as the latter quickly walked away from him.

The girls were happily chatting when Jiyong reached their table. “Good to see you together, beautiful ladies!”,  he greeted. “Jiyong oppa, good to see you!”, Minji said as she stood to hug the young man. “Hey M-I-N-Z-Y, you look pretty nowadays, eh?”, he said as he returned the embrace. CL and Dara, already knew his style; the two tried to be cautious. “What  brings you here, oppa?”, asked CL. He smirked. “Just looking around and greet the Bride, and say hi to the maknae. Seriously Minji, you look lovely today. Do you have any boyfriend at the moment? Maybe I can apply.”

“Kwon Jiyong”, warned Dara, trying to protect their youngest. Even Bom was quite shocked on his straightforward question. “I don’t  have at the moment, oppa. But if ever I get to have one, definitely not you.”, Minji answered, earning a laugh from CL. Like how she’s updated with her unnies’ activities, she also knows Jiyong’s playboy reputation- from dating various Korean and foreign models and celebrities to his recent rumor with one of YGE’s trainees. He’s still the playful oppa though, she thought. But what happened to him?

“Hello. Testing. Hello.”, the announcer suddenly called their attention. “At the request of one of our visitors, let’s all have dance party. Would that be okay for our newlyweds?”

“Yes, that’s great!”, Seunghyun yelled as he approached the girls and his wife. “Alright. Everybody, let’s dance and have fun!”, said the announcer. The DJ began playing one of BigBang’s dance songs, and the reception assistants moved the tables to give space to the center of the tent. Jiyong already got an idea in mind. “Yah Minji. Would like to have a dance showdown with me? If I win, go out with me. If I lose, I won’t bother you for a month. Deal?”

Bom laughed. “Really, GD? Challenging our Mingkki?”, she said. CL and Dara looked at the maknae. “Are you sure, bro? You might regret it.”, Seunghyun added.

“Aish, just shut up you guys”, he answered. “Let the ‘EroMaknae’ decide.”

The young woman shrugged. “Are you serious, oppa? Do you have fever?”, she jokingly put her hand on his forehead.

“Why, are you afraid you might lose, EroMaknae?”

“Wow, that confidence”, CL whispered.

Jiyong offered his hand . “Shall we?”

She looked at her unnies, then smiled and held his oppa’s hand. “Of course.”

“Oh God”, Dara sighed. She couldn’t believe their maknae would accept GD’s challenge. On the other hand, Bom was excited to see Minji dance. It’s been years since she last time she saw her rock the audience with her dance moves. “This is exciting, let’s go watch!”, she exclaimed.

Visitors started yelling as soon as they saw the two hit off the center of the tent. Most of them began yelling ‘Gong Minji!’ and ‘GD!’ at the same time, even their boss YG became interested and went in to see. “Looks like your friend has no plans to go out on a date”, said Seunghyun. “And looks like your friend has no plans to back out either”, replied Bom, hugging her husband.

They all had to admit, Minji still dances very well. Back in the days when 2NE1 was still active, she would always make fans scream every time her dance solo comes up. Most of her fans were male, probably they find her cute and attractive one she hits the stage. And after 2 years, this was the first time her unnies and their friends get to see her dancing charisma. And again somehow for the third time, made Bom’s heart beat fast. After the dance showdown, the visitors were able to choose the best- which is of course, the maknae. Jiyong humbly bowed down to her. “Oppa, you have to keep the deal. It’s nice dancing with you.”, Minji said, still panting. “Of course I will,” replied the playboy. “Anything for you.”, he then suddenly held the young woman’s hand and kissed it, earning another screaming from the people around them. Minji just smiled. “What’s he planning?”, said Dara.

“It’s obvious she wants to add Minji to his prey list.”, replied CL. “TOP oppa, you know how protective we are with our maknae. And you know Jiyong, he’s-“

“I already told him earlier”, he said. “I’m pretty sure though that like you ladies, Minji is smart enough to know what his scheme is.”

 

“Ah, it was nice.”, Jiyong said as the two went back to their friends’ table. “I’m sure Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri would have enjoyed watching us.  Wish they were here.”

Minji looked at her watch and remembered she had to return to the shop as her mother needs to go somewhere. “Unnies I have to go now, Omma is probably waiting for me”, she said. “It’s nice to see you again, and please let me know when will be our getaway.” Dara’s face brightened suddenly. “Yah, so you are really coming with us this time! Wooo!”. The young woman smiled and nodded.

“I’ll take you to your car”, offered Bom. They waved goodbyes and hugged each other.

Bom was clinging to her friend’s arms while walking towards the van. “You have to tell me stories of what you’ve been up to, you owe me 2 years Minji-yag”, she said. “Yes unnie, I also have lots of stories to tell you and the others, I can’t wait for our vacation to come.” As she opened the van, she handed a box to her unnie. “Best wishes, Mrs. Choi. Congratulations on your new adventure in life.” “Thank you”, Bom said as she hugged her tight.

“I missed you”, whispered Minji to her ear, sending a slight bolt to her body and made her heart flutter one more time.

“I missed you as well. See you soon.”