Chapter VIII

The Florist

"So it's you."

Minji was surprised to see Jiyong standing behind her while wiping the shop's glass window.

"Is it?"

She stammered. "What? Oppa I don't-"

"Seunghyun told me something today, he just figured it out. Since when did everything began? His wedding? HER wedding?" Minzy sighed, walked towards the shop. He followed back.

 "Did he tell you to come here?” she responded.

"Better speak up Gong Minji before someone else's marriage life turns to disaster." TOP is his best buddy and always want the best for him. He gave out a warning to the young woman, which made her irritated.

"You know what? I didn't wish for this to happen. I didn't spend the past years waiting for this. And don't you worry, you don't have to tell me what I have to do, so if you don't have any business with me you can leave now." Jiyong was somehow surprised at Minji's reaction. For the first time he heard her raise her voice and get angry. He stood there for a minute then left.

Minji's eyes became wet, she started to sob. She knew that by now all her unnies were informed of this too, and will blame her for whatever will happen.

 

Bom was at the living room when the door opened. It was her husband.

"There you are, honey. I'm so worried about you. Where have you been?" She noticed the flower.

"Just went for a morning walk, passed by Minji's shop, bought these flowers." He handed the lilies to his wife. "For you."

Bom took the bouquet. "Thank you. How is she doing?"

 

"Bom, I've been wanting to tell you this ever since, but I only got the courage this morning. Honey, these past weeks you've been- you've been... can you be honest to me, please?"

She gave him a puzzled look. "What- what is it"

"Do you still love me?"

"What question is that, Seunghyun of course I do, honey.”

“Are you in love with someone?”

She was startled. The time she feared the most has come. "Honey what are you talking about, are you-"

"No, I'm not." Seunghyun answered. "I'm asking you this again... Are you in love with someone?"

"Seunghyun..."

"Please...just answer me and let me know, Bom. Am I boring you already? Did you already realized you made a mistake of marrying me? Because if you do and someone's making you feel special, please… just tell me and I'll leave right at this moment."

She was devastated, she felt as if she's torn between 2 things. She didn't want to leave TOP, nor him to leave her. He was her friend and he had been a good boyfriend and husband to her. She just cannot afford lose the one who had been with her for a long time. And then there’s Minji- the one who came in to her life and took all sanity.

“I know that someone, I know her. Is it true?”

Bom, started sobbing. “Seunghyun… I tried to fix everything, I’m so sorry..”

 

It was the most painful thing he heard in his entire life. His wife, the love of her life has someone else. How hurtful it was he wanted to die on the spot. But he has to control his emotions, he is a man after all, he thought. He held his wife’s face and wiped her tears.

“Do you love her?”

Bom nodded.

“Does she love you?”

“Yes.”

 

“Then the love you’re feeling right now is a force that shouldn’t be stopped.  I shouldn’t be standing in your way.”

 

He turned and faced the door. And as he take his steps, tears began rolling down his face.