Chapter VII

The Florist

Seunghyun wanted to talk to her wife. There’s so many things he wanted to ask her. But whenever they have time together, Bom always finds a way to avoid it.

Bom, on the other hand, tries her very best to be a good wife and save their marriage. Days after her forbidden encounter with Minji, she had been herself. She tried hiding this from her husband but little did she know, her husband already noticed it.

She never thought that it would be all revealed, in a very unusual way.

 

She was standing in front of Minji’s flower shop, holding a letter for her, confessing all her love and her feelings. She was about to open the door when 2 women walked out- it was Minji, and another woman, young and beautiful. They were both smiling at each other.

“Minji” she tried to call her attention, but it seemed that she’s invisible to them.

“I’ll see you later honey”, the other woman said.

Honey? Bom was puzzled. Since when did Minji had someone call her honey?

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” They kissed. Bom felt as if her heart ripped into pieces literally. She couldn’t believe Minji said I love you to a stranger. But could it be? That she had found someone and already got over her? Jealousy filled her thoughts.

“Minji, I’m the one you love, right?

The two women in front of her started kissing. She was devastated.

“I love you… Minji, I love you, I’m the one you love…” Tears flowed down her cheeks. But Bom was just dreaming, dreaming that the woman she cared had left her.

She woke up the next morning alone on their bed. She rushed out of  the room to make breakfast, thinking that Seunghyun was already up. But to her surprise, the kitchen was silent. Clean and tidy.

Where did he go, she thought. She didn’t remember him telling about any out of town trips or early working hour. Or he would have left her a note... but she was alone in their apartment. No signs of her Seunghyun.

 

He patiently stood and waited in front of the flower shop’s entrance. He decided to talk to the young woman.

The van stopped and Minji got out quickly. She was surprised to see Seunghyun.

“Oppa, what brought you here? Did something happened to Unnie?”, she worriedly asked. Seunghyun, was surprised.

“No, she’s okay” he said. “I was just here… to see if I can get flowers for her.”

“Oh.”

Minji opened the door and went inside. It was too early for the shop to have a customer, but smiled as she put up the blinds for the sun to come in.

“Oppa, do you have a certain flower in mind? We can start checking on what we have here.”

“I don’t really have one in mind. Maybe you can suggest one?”

For a moment she looked at her Oppa, quite puzzled. “Well, you don’t give someone flowers if you don’t feel some emotion. Like if you’re happy, or-“

“I want to say sorry to her. Do you have one that can help me with that?”

Minji turned to look away, pretending to check on the flowers that she can recommend. “You had a fight?”

“No, not really.”

He watched her go from one stack to another. In his thoughts he want to just confront Minzy and ask her directly, but he decided not to. He just wanted to confirm what his wife blurted out on her dream.

“Here” Minzy said, she held a white lily and handed it to him. “It’s beautiful, do you think this will help me?”

“White represents peace, so if you want to say sorry, yes.”

“I just don’t want to say sorry to her, actually. I also want to ask her if I’m still the one who owns her heart.”

Minji, was caught of guard. She didn’t know what to say or how to react. Instantly she knew TOP oppa’s been suspecting of something- could be Bom unnie and her? She composed herself and showed concern. “Wh… why would you say that, oppa?  Of course you own unnie’s heart. You’re his husband, you deserve each other’s love.”

“You think?” TOP asked.  “Yes. Bom unnie is an amazing woman, every guy wants to be in your shoes right now. But she decided to spend the rest of her life with you, because she loves you, oppa. So don’t be sad and give her this one. I’m sure she’ll love this lily and will forgive you for whatever you did.”

 

She smiled as she handed the flower despite her heart tearing up to pieces after what she said.

He smiled as he held the flower despite his sadness growing suspicion.

 

“By any chance, did she- did she tell you something about me, or other things recently?”

“No, nothing. I haven’t talked to her yet.” She replied. She tried to keep the air light between them, but her oppa’s not making it easy for her.

“Oh… okay. I’ll get three. How much is it then?” “No oppa, you can have it.” She went back to the stack to get 2 more and wrapped them together in paper. “Here.”

“Thank you, Minji.”      

“You’re welcome, oppa. I wish you and unnie the best.”

 

He got his phone as soon as he went out of the shop. “Hey…”,  Jiyong answered from the other line. “Let’s meet, man. I have something to tell.”