Chapter V

The Florist

TOP looks at his wife as she prepares their breakfast. Since they arrived from their Bali trip, Bom hadn’t been feeling good. She often stayed at their apartment and only got to meet up with CL once. Unknown to her, TOP had been noticing this behavior.

“Coming up” she said as the put down eggs and toasted bread from her husband’s plate. Today she felt good and energetic. She was at home for several days. The day sky is clear so she decided to visit YGE and do some shopping.

TOP smiled. “Thanks hun”. His wife is not a good cook, but he loves the effort she is exerting to learn different cuisines for him. So far all the meals she made were all amazing. “Are you sure you want to come to work today?” he asked.

To be honest, Bom has nothing important to do at YG today.  Somehow she feels that it would be nice to pay a visit to their former company and meet up with some of their colleagues. If she’s lucky enough she can meet with CL as well.

“Yes, I am. Actually, I can’t wait to visit there so eat quickly and get ready.”

A couple of hours more Bom found herself looking about YGE building. It’s been years since she last visited the place, lots of improvements were made on the outside landscaping but the building is still iconic. “Missed it?” TOP asked. She nodded, still looking at the building.  “Let’s go in.”

 

“Oh they’re here” TOP said as they passed by the dancing studio. They were about to meet some of the trainees practicing. As he opened the door, he saw GD sitting by the bench along with the other dancers. The trainees were currently at the middle of the room listening to someone giving them advice. As Bom entered, she was surprised to see Minji, talking to them. Her beat began to beat fast. She was wearing a loose shirt and training pants with sweat glistening on her face. God, it’s been weeks since they last saw each other and just like the first time she saw her at her own wedding, she began to feel weird and felt butterflies on her stomach. She’ so hot.

“You’re here guys” GD said making Minji look at the door. She was also surprised to see her unnie and for a moment an eye contact was made between them.

“Minji thank God you’re here!” TOP exclaimed earning a surprised look from his wife. “Omo… oh honey I’m sorry I forgot to tell you. We decided to seek Minji’s assistance to do the choreography for the trainees. We think it would be good learning experience for them.”

“As usual Minji is a superb dancer.  I may have to recommend YG to hire her as the the company’s choreographer”,  GD butted in.

“Yah oppa don’t say that it’s embarrassing” the maknae replied flashing a smile that made Bom’s knees weak. “Hi Bom unnie. It’s good to see you again.”

“H… hi Minji..”

They sat beside GD to check on the trainees.

“Alright let’s start” said the young woman as she direct them to go to their formation and started the music. The new girl group’s single is being played- a mix of electronic and hiphop genre. Bom was amazed while listening to it and how the choreography fits the rhythm and beat. GD’s right; she’s still an amazing dancer, she thought. After a few more rounds, they decided to take a break.

“I’ll just get some drink at the café” the young woman said. Her sweat now runs on her face to her chest leaving the front part of her shirt soaked. Bom can’t help but take glances at her but every time she did the maknae always caught her eye.  “Let’s head to the recording room then. Bom honey, would you like to come?”

“Oh… I think I’ll go with Minji” she answered. Minji, while checking getting a spare shirt from her bag, smiled as she heard what her unnie said.

They were at the company cafeteria sitting. They both know it’s an awkward situation for both of them, but both women are trying to keep the air up by initiating conversation.

“How’s the flower shop?” Bom asked. “Is business doing okay?”

“It is unnie, thanks to you” answered Minji smiling. “When we got back from Bali, the shop generated enough money to buy supplies for the next couple of months. Sister is thinking of hiring an assistant.”

“Really? That’s awesome! Yah, it’s all because you have good skills don’t thank me for that.”

“He he. But to be honest if it’s not for your wedding, the shop wouldn’t be known around the city. So thanks to you unnie.” Minji said. The older woman just smiled.

“Good that you had time to come here and do some choreography. Yah did Jiyong invited you over?

Minji waved her left hand. “Oh no no, unnie. It’s Boss YG who asked the favor.  It’s vacation anyway so I said yes. Besides I kind of missed dancing. I can’t wait to go back to school.”

“Oh” Bom reacted. She can feel tension between them but she tried to keep the air lighter. “How are you?” she asked.

The young woman smiled. “I’m doing good so far.” She answered. Bom nodded and there started the long awkward silence  they both dreaded to come. Both were avoiding each other’s eyes.

“Listen—“ they both laughed after realizing they talked at the same time.

“You go first unnie.”

“Um, can we talk right now or later on? About—“ she was cut off by the maknae. “Oh I cannot stay longer unnie I have to head home after. Maybe we can set it next time” Minji said.

Bom had no choice but to agree with her. She wanted to talk about what happened in Bali, and wanted to explain herself about the acts she had made and apologize to her. Though deep inside of her she wanted to tell that she’s feeling something for Minji, she can’t because she’s married. And that’s a bad thing for her and her husband.

“I have to go now unnie. I’ll see you around.” Minji said as stood up and exited the cafeteria. She, also wanted to talk to her unnie about it but is scared of what she might hear and learn. She doesn’t want to get hurt again and doesn’t want to ruin someone’s life. It was not her plan. She just wants the love of her life to be happy.

Bom was left alone in the cafeteria.

 

Bom felt bad the rest of the day. When she entered the building she was happy and excited to meet her old friends. After her short talk with Minji, her mood changed. She went on the recording studio to see her husband and sat on the sofa, played with her phone while the younger woman was at the dance studio with the trainees.

“Honey, why don’t you go check Minji? You look bored here, besides you might get irritated with the music.” Seunghyun told her. He too, noticed the change on his wife’s demeanor after the break, but he just ignored it.

“No I’m okay down here. I’ll be out in a while anyway.” She answered. To be honest the music playing on repeat made her ears almost explode. However she’s at a recording studio and music needs to be played on repeat to make sure it have a good result. And she doesn’t want to go to the dance studio. She doesn’t want to bother Minji. She doesn’t want to see Minji.

A couple of minutes more she decided to leave. She hugged her husband and Jiyong then went down. She passed by the studio and heard Minji counting to the steps. She decided to take a peek by the glass door and there she had a view of the maknae dancing with the trainees. She changed her shirt now though she was still sweating. But her skills hadn’t changed. She called one of the trainees and showed her one of the steps that is, popping. As Minji demonstrated it she can’t help but look at her face, then down to her chest, then to her .  

What am I doing…

She quickly walked away after realizing she’s going beyond the limit. Just as then she received a text. It was from her husband.

Honey, what happened? Are you not feeling well? You should go home and take a rest. I’ll come home early and we can go shopping after.

She was so lucky to have met Seunghyun, a thoughtful and caring man, contrary to his tough image during his Big Bang days. She does not want to ruin their years or love and being together.

 

“You okay, bro?” Jiyong asked his bestfriend. He’s been noticing him for quite a while now since Bom left the building. He was right, Seunghyun’s focus is not on their work right now.  Just this morning, his wife was happy and excited yet later her mood changed. It was new to him, he always know Bom as a cheerful woman. He became clueless. “It’s about Bom right?” Jiyong continued to ask.

“I don’t know, man” answered Seunghyun. “It’s just unusual for her to change her mood so quickly.”

“Did she had morning sickness lately? Maybe she’s you know…”

Seunghyun smirked. His wife’s definitely not pregnant, he’s sure of it.

“No, what I mean is… well she’s been acting quite weird lately. For this past weeks she was always at the apartment, seldom go out and hang around. It’s the first time today that she tagged along with me, after their vacation.”

His friend was listened to him. Seunghyun continued to work on the computer while he talked.

“It’s like she acts weird and sometimes asks me weird questions.”

“Like what questions?”

“Like a few days ago, she asked me if I believed in happy endings. Because she said sometimes she think that the happy ending someone has right now might not be a happy one after all.”

“Owh” It was all that Jiyong that could answer. Somehow it gave him a “hint” of what was going on.

Seunghyun looked at him, quite amazed at his reaction. “What? What do you think about it?”

Jiyong hesitated at first but proceeded to tell his opinion.  “Well, I don’t mean anything about this. This is just my two cents, bro. But  I think she’s into someone right now. It can be this someone is making advances on her and Bom is kinda giving in- or falling for this someone.”

“You mean she’s cheating?”

“Not actually cheating, but—yeah, it’s something like that. You see as you mentioned before, it started after they went to Bali right? Maybe something happened in there. “

Seunghyun went silent. He got his point which was quite right. Ever since Bom arrived, she started to act differently. At times he really wanted to ask her about it but he hoped that she would be the one to open it up. In addition to this, the questions she had asked didn’t bother him not until after he heard his friend’s opinion. Yes, Jiyong might be subjective however what he just told him was also a possibility.

“I will try to talk to her about it.”