The Market Trip

My Fish[y] Oppas

CHAPTER THREE ; 

[ Kim Sul Hee's point of view ]

___________________

I was shivering as came out of the shower and put my clothes on. I soon discovered I left my shirt in my room and had to go back to my room to retrieve it. I have no idea why, but I felt extremely uncomfortable in there, looking for it. I felt like... like I was being watched. Maybe I've been a little too paranoid because of Sae Won...

 

I brushed the uncomfortable feelings aside and checked the time. 6:03 am. I have an hour and fifty seven minutes left before school starts, so I should quickly head to the market nearby and check if they have some fish supplies. 

___________________

The market surprisingly had fish supplies. Yes, I was beyond shock when I arrived there in my uniform with my wallet and saw they had a small pet aisle. I certainly didn't know there was one.

 

I placed 7 small fish bowls, plants, gravel, and fish food into my grocery basket. It was surprisingly heavy for me to carry as I wobbled unsteadily to the cashier.

 

The cashier, a male, stared at me and smirked while I struggled to place the basket on top of the counter. Jerk! I thought while he scanned the items and told me the price. I snuck a quick look at his name tag. Yong Jun Hyung, I thought, you will be a dead jerk when I tell Ki Kwan this!

 

"Your total is 37, 890 won." He said , holding out his hand for the money. I opened my wallet and gave him 40,000 won, and he handed me back my change. 

 

I grabbed the plastic bags and walked unsteadily out of the store heading back home, knowing that smirking cashier was watching me as I left.

___________________

I somehow managed to haul those heavy plastic bags back home without dying. I panted as I slowly opened the front door and dropped the bags softly on the carpet.

 

"What is time it?" I quietly murmured to myself while heading to the kitchen. "6:38 am. I still have time!" I smiled while I picked up the bags again and headed to my room.

 

I decorated the 7 small fishbowls with gravel and plants and filled them with water. I then carefully placed each individual fish into their own fishbowl, carefully writing their names in tiny print.

 

"Done!" I smiled in satisfaction as I fed the fish, who all rose near the top of the water and ate happily. "Eat well! I have to go to school now." I talked to them like the weird person I was before I left my room.

 

Realizing I had limited time, I grabbed my backpack and headed out the front door.

___________________

Ahn Ki Kwan, my best friend, finally came to school and plopped loudly next to my desk before the teacher came in. "Hey, Sul Hee." She said while looking at me. "Something on your mind?"

 

I shook my head while saying, "No, but I encountered a mean cashier this morning at the store."

 

She nodded her head in understanding while saying, "I encountered one too last month, his name was Yong Jun Hyung or something like that."

 

I choked on my saliva. "Jun Hyung was the cashier I met too!" 

 

"Check your receipt." She whispered to me quietly. "He cheated me out of 4,580 won last time." 

 

I looked at her face to check if she was lying, but she gave me a serious look.

 

"Did anything weird happen lately?" She asked, but I avoided her eyes and played with my fingers.

 

"No, nothing much." I lied.

 

"Lucky you." She commented. "I got tackled by some cutesy fellow called Yang Yoseob at the market, who is quite heavy for your information."

 

She continued to talk about her odd market trip while I dozed off.

 

"Sul Hee!" She suddenly said loudly, bringing me back to reality. "Look at my socks today." 

 

She removed a foot out of her white slippers, revealing neon green socks.

 

"Isn't that cool?" She grinned while I gave a small smile in return. They were pretty neat, I must admit.

 

The teacher suddenly came in, making Sul Hee and the other students hush while put her white slipper back on.

 

I sighed loudly while taking out the book the teacher requested.

 

This is going to be a long school day, I thought dryly.

___________________

NOTE ;

Ahn Ki Kwan is a new character, sorry. She's not really important in this story... I think. (o_o) She's mostly a protective, best friend figure for now. She'll be more important in another [ BEAST ] fan fiction I will [ hopefully ] be posting soon. More information about her will come later.

kakaibii - Is it really original? D'aww, thanks. (: I didn't really mean to put the puns there, I just wrote like normal, and when I re-edited, I noticed that I [ very badly ] used them. And, thanks for commenting! I appreciate it. ;D You made my day! Now I shall add some Extra Stuff because of you, since I'm feeling giddy. Look forward to it at the end of Chapter Four!