An Uncomfortable Feeling

My Fish[y] Oppas

CHAPTER ELEVEN ; 

[ Kim Sul Hee's point of view ]

___________________

"Hi... Appa." I said, bowing slightly. I looked up to see him staring at me, and I stared right back, not wanting to break eye contact with him.

 

He didn't say anything, but simply scanned my face. Then his eyes suddenly darted to U-Kwon's hand holding mine, and I shifted my feet uncomfortably. After raising a questioning eyebrow, he let out a small cough, then checked his wristwatch.

 

"Well..." He finally spoke up. "Sul Hee—"

 

"Honey!" I heard my umma's voice coming from behind him. "What is taking you so long to the answer the..." Umma appeared behind Appa and saw me. "...door." She looked at me with pitiful eyes, then turned sharply towards Appa, who simply shrugged at her.

 

She turned back to me and gave me an affectionate smile, and reached forward to grab my free arm. Once she got ahold of it, she tugged me inside, but I didn't let go of U-Kwon's hand as we all walked past Appa's scowling face.

 

"Sit, sit!" Umma said while she ushered us to the couches. U-Kwon and I hesitantly sat on the white couch facing my Umma, and she clasped her hands together and smiled brightly at us.

 

"Well don't you both look adorable together?" She smiled, while Appa walked to the kitchen, glaring at us secretly every now and then.

 

An awkward silence settled amongst us, while U-Kwon and I exchanged glances.

 

"Umma." I heard a feminine voice coming from the behind us. "Who was at the door?"

 

"It's your older sister, Min Hee. I'm not quite sure if you remember her, but be polite and say hello."

 

"Hello..." She said quietly while taking a seat beside Umma. She had light brown hair and doll-like eyes fixated on my face, which made me feel quite uncomfortable.

 

"Well!" Umma said suddenly, noticing the sudden awkward atmosphere at Min Hee's appearance. "I'll go get some snacks for you both." She smiled at us and then left for kitchen quickly.

 

I looked at U-Kwon, since Min Hee continued to stare at me with a blank expression. "U-Kwon!" I whispered in his ear. "What should we do? She's just... staring at us blankly."

 

U-Kwon cleared his throat then tried to make some conversation. "So, Min Hee. How old are you?"

 

"Approximately 15 years old and 2 months." She responded immediately, giving a sly smile afterwards. "Why do you ask, U-Kwon?" His nickname rolled off her tongue in a seductive manner.

 

U-Kwon looked taken aback, and nudged me nervously. "Yah, Sul Hee! What do I say to that?!" He whispered, and I shrugged, not knowing what to say to that either.

 

"Try to change the topic?" I suggested, since silence had fallen over us again.

 

"A-Anyway! What are your hobbies, Min Hee?"

 

"Painting, playing piano, walking, and gardening." She snuck a look at my face while muttering under her breath, "Dating..." 

 

"What was that last hobby?" U-Kwon asked.

 

"Skating." She gave me another glance. "I'm just not very good at it."

 

"Just keep on practicing." U-Kwon said enthustiastically. "I'm not good myself on running, but I'll keep on trying to be a better runner."

 

While they chatted amiably, I couldn't help but feel an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach that I couldn't exactly describe.

___________________

NOTE ;

OMO. I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN A HELLUVAH LONG TIME! MIANHE, READERS! (>_<) Aish, I feel so bad for not updating. I was so busy with (1) A wedding I had to participate in, and (2) upcoming school prepartion herpderp that I couldn't even stay on the laptop long enough to type up this one measly little chapter. (TT_TT) Oh my shizzles guys, I am so sorry. Guilt has been eating me at night that I haven't updated, and I understand how frustrating it is when people don't update... And now I feel worse! On the other hand... my first week of school has finished, hurray. But I unfortunately lost one of my books somewhere... I need to find it so I won't be fined. (That sentence sounded really weird.) I'm not a social butterfly, either, so... ANYWAY! I hope you readers haven't abandoned me... *flattens ears like a sad dog* And I didn't even do my homework yet, because I lost the book for that class. I'm sorry if I'm not as active in the future! *sighs sadly* I'm also sorry for saying sorry too many times in this note. AISH! *rubs head* I need to get working on that homework if I don't want to fail. Failure in Class --> Upset Parents --> Banned on Computer = NO UPDATING! Agh, the horror! So I'm going to work on that homework....

 

Right about now.

 

After I listen to Block B - Tell Them...

 

And Super Junior - Mr. Simple...

 

And Various other songs.

 

 

 

... I'm just kidding.

 

I'll start working on homework ...

 

Right now.

 

This note is done...

 

Nothing more to read.

 

Right about now... (LOL that took much longer than I expected. I seriously have to work on it now. Bye! )