Chapter 5

I Fell In Love With My Best Friend *Dropped*

 

Chapter 5

SENIOR YEAR

Your POV

You check your outfit once more for the first day of school. Kara's plan worked because gone were the plain shirts and the simple girl who doesn't care about her looks and was replaced by simple girly girl outfits. You wore a blue plaid long sleeve tucked into your high waisted shorts paired with black converses. It was simple, yet girly; something Kara turned you into. You smiled and headed down the stairs where your parents were.

"Morning!" You said with a smile as took a piece of toast she had prepared.

"Morning honey!" Your mother smiled at you and kissed your forehead. "Have fun on your final year of high school!" She said with a bright smile.

"Of course mother! I'm going now. See you!" You said and left. You just made it out of the gates in front of your house when a black sleek car pulled up in front. The window rolled down revealing the driver.

"I'm here to pick up the princess." Lay said with a smile. You chuckle as he leans over opening the door. You get in and he drives to school. "You look nice today princess."

"Thanks, so do you my servant." You said with a smirk and he rolls his eyes.

"Whatever." He said with tone implying he didn't like being called servant but appreciated the compliment."Excited?" He asks changing the subject and you nod.

"Finally leaving that torture chamber!" You say with a smile and he chuckles to himself.

"Of course." He said and pulled into the school's student parking lot, parking his car. You got out of the car only to hear a familiar voice.

"Aw dayyyummnnn girlll!" A voice said and you saw Kara looking at you with a bright smile.

"Hey!" You say with a bright smile and she hugs you.

"I'm so happy I transformed you into a girl this summer." She says scanning over your outfit.

"Thanks, don't know if that's a compliment or not..." You let out a chuckle. "How did you get to school by the way?" You asked curiously since you knew Chen could not drive, and even if he could he wouldn't dare take her.

"Tao! Oh yeah! We're dating!" Kara beamed at me and my face fell.

"BWOH!?!?!" You shouted loud enough for everyone in the student parking look at us oddly. You didn’t care at the moment.

"Yeah. He asked me out this morning on the car ride. Well he did hint it the past week we've been hanging out." Kara said with a smile.

"You and Panda are dating?!"  Your eyes almost as wide as EXO's D.O or SHINee's Minho.

"Sorry! It, just yeah. I decided to give him a chance. He's adorable that's why, and surprisingly gentlemen like." Kara said with a smile. To be completely honest, Tao didn't seem like her type at all. Kara was a princess, her type is a Prince Charming with his white horse and Kingka like status. Not being mean to your pet panda, but he was nothing like that. Yes he was popular, but he had a look like it could kill, and he rode a panda not a horse. Like Mushu from Mulan impersonating a government officer.  

"But Tao is a Panda!" You protested with a pout.

"My prince rides a Panda, nothing wrong." she said and Tao walked over, interlacing their hands together.

"Hi Noona." Tao said with a bright smile. This Guy and his adorableness. A freaking Maknae. "Do you give us your blessing?"

You let out a sigh. Kara was your best friend. Tao was your pet panda that you spoiled from time to time. To sum it up, you loved them both.

"Fine, I give my blessings!" You let out and Tao lets go of Kara's hand to give you a panda hug. It would be a bear hug, but a panda is hugging you.

"Yay! Thanks!" He said letting go and rejoining his side next to Kara. "And Noona is looking like a girl finally!" He said and you shot him a death glare.

"Whatever." You rolled your eyes and you saw Lay muffling his laugh. "Ya! Wanna die!" You said glaring at Lay who shook his head holding up his arms in protest.

"Come on, lets go see the others." Kara smiled at you as she walked with Tao to your normal hangout place.

"Lets go princess." Lay said taking your arm. You just rolled your eyes and trailed behind the TaRa couple.

(a/n: TaRa! TAO & KARA!)

 

KRIS’S POV

I had finally arrived at school and pulled up into the parking lot.

"Krissy, thanks for the ride." Mina said with a bright smile.

Honestly I don't know what happened after prom. I couldn't stop thinking about Kacie. She was running through my mind all day. I couldn't get her out. But after that day, she ignored me. I was going insane. I had just finally realized I liked her, and she was ignoring me!

So one day Mina and I were hanging out. I was spacing out and she was talking to me. Turns out she confessed and I said yes absent mindly, my mind thought it was Kacie. I can't break up with her, she's been my friend from middle school, she would be broken.

"Yeah. No problem." I said parking the car. I just looked out in a daze then something caught my eyes. It was Kacie, and she was dressed more girly than usual. Lay gave her a ride. I felt the green monster inside me growing. Why couldn't I be that one guy giving her rides?!

"Lets go." Mina said stepping out of the car smoothing out her outfit. I stepped out of the car and her Kacie exclaimed out loud something. "Gosh, she's so loud." Mina said with a sigh looking at her nails then turning towards me with a smile. "Lets go." She said grabbing my arm but I moved my arm before she could do anything.

"Not now, I'm tired." I flatly said and she let out an audible sigh.

"Fine, sit with me during lunch today then to make it up." Mina said. I sighed a bit inside. Every time during lunch, she would sit next to me. She would look at me, eye my food and secretly take it. Of course I knew about her taking my food, I just liked seeing her happy with my food. Normally she didn't have food because it was expensive and she would never wake up in time to make lunch. She would also confront me about classes as she would tell me helpful hints for whatever classes we both took, she just took hers during a later time.

"Um, I'm busy during lunch." I said.

"School just started, you can't be busy. Plus, I want to formally introduce you as my boyfriend." She said with a smile.

"I leave after lunch. Free period remember?" I said and Mina pressed her lips together.

"I'll just ditch with you then." She said like it was a Thomas Edison type of genius plan.

"No, you can't ditch class, you need your classes." I said persuading her. I really needed the time alone.

“Fine anything for you.” She smiled at me and the bell rang.

“Gotta go class, see you.” I said before quickly walking off.

Fourth period finally came and I quickly went to my car and just sat there going over everything that happened today.

Tao is dating Kara.

Kacie changed her appearance.

Luhan and Kacie are now closer than ever.

Lay has a crush on Kacie, and they’re possibly dating. No one knows for sure.

Chen took a liking to a new transfer student. She drop kicked his today in school. It was quite funny to be honest.

Kacie looked hot today.

Xiumin stopping eating so much over summer.

Kacie couldn’t leave my mind.

 

I let out a huge sigh as I let myself take a ride and shifted into drive. (a/n: maxstep... LOL.... i’m so lame OTL) I was driving to get out of school when I saw a familiar figure walking while singing to herself. I roll down the windows and heard her singing Mama of EXO’s chorus.

“Yo.” I said as I slowly drove beside her and her eyes were as wide as D.O of EXO’s. “You need a ride home?” I asked and she looked at me then at the ground then back at me.

"Walking is fine." Kacie smiled at me but I rolled my eyes.

"Just get in." I said but she just stared at the car then back on the ground.

"I can't accept a ride from you." Kacie slowly said.

"Why not? We're best friends." I simply stated and it looked like I caught her off guard. She looked at me in the eye then let out a sigh. I smiled to myself triumphantly as I opened the door and she got in.

"When did you get nice and actually offer people rides?" Kacie joked as she put on her seatbelt.

"I've always been a nice person!" I defend myself but she just chuckles sending sweet music to my ear.

"Sure. You believe that Krissy." Her chuckle turned into a full laugh filled with life. Kacie changed as we entered senior year.

"So, how have you been all summer?" I awkwardly ask.

"Boring I guess. Kara practically lived at my house during the first half of summer making me into a girl. The second half, I spent playing video games and sometimes hanging out with Luhan and Lay. They always said you were busy, so why were you M.I.A?"

"In Canada and China most of summer, except for a week in the middle of summer. Visited Canada, came back then went to China."

"Oh, that's why Lulu and Lay said you were busy all the time." Kara said

“Yeah. So, are you and Lay dating...?” I hesitantly asked and she suddenly turns quiet. I turn to look at her and she looked flustered. Crap, I shouldn’t have turned her down. I thought.

“No... he never asked me out...” She slowly said as I pulled into her driveway. She didn’t live far from school so the drive was fast. I didn’t want the ride to end. I wanted her to stay with me forever. Like that was going to happen. This was real life. Not some fantasy cheesy fiction story or fanfiction.

“Thanks for the ride. See you later.” She quickly says and leaves. I look at her retreating figure into the house. She looks back at me and waves goodbye then shuts the door. I take my leave as I pull out of the driveway.

 

I arrived home later than expected because Mina wanted to hang out. I was lying on my bed as my hand covered my face.

Why did I have to say yes to Mina?

It wasn’t easy for me just to say that I wanted to break up with her either. She had been my first female friend I made when I moved here from Canada. She was the first to approach me in preschool then after we slowly became friends. She had always liked me for some time which I had always known from about 8th grade.

I had liked her at one point in time too, but that was before Kacie started impacting my life and I had to realize that I liked her at Junior Prom.  Plus, Mina and I had started dating from about two weeks ago, it would be a move just to dump her. I turned and laid on the side of my body as I faced my window and nightstand which had a picture of all of us taken the day we ended sophomore year. We decided to celebrate the accomplishment of completing half of our high school life by going out to norebong.

All eight of us were in a room singing and having a grand time. Kacie and Kara paired up and did SHINee’s song Lucifer. Kara sang most of the strong vocal parts like Onew and Jonghyun parts while Kacie covered Taemin, Key’s and Minho’s rap. I then found out how great of a rapper Kacie was. I knew she was a great singer, not as great as Kara because Kara was as strong as an actual Kpop star. But Kacie’s rapping skills were something else. I had also realized what a great dancer she was and she rivaled the skills of Taemin of SHINee and Kai of EXO’s skills. Kacie lost in a bet and she danced to Mr. Simple and did Eunhyuk’s solo dance break and we were all shocked. We all congratulated her but she said it was just in her blood to be a dancer. Tao then mentioned to audition to SM and she looked at Luhan then let out a sigh saying it wasn’t worth it.

I knew Kacie was hiding something and so I asked her about it but she just told me she didn’t get accepted no matter hard she tried so she gave up auditioning for SM. After, whenever I had a depressing day I called her and she would sing to me and her singing would cheer me up.

I goaned at the thought realizing that only her voice cheered me up then was because I liked her and didn’t even know it.     

I looked at my phone and unlocked it then called up a number which I memorized.

“Hello?” The voice answered on the other side.

“Hey.” I said as my tone in my voice spoke for how I felt.

“What Princess Kristine?” She said with a sigh. I couldn’t help but a small smile come across my face at the nickname.

“I’m not a Princess for your information.” I said trying to cover up the happiness in my tone with an annoyed tone.

“Sure, the moment I stop calling Luhan Lulu I’ll stop or you stop calling Chen by Chenchen I won’t call you Princess Kristine.” She said and let out a small laugh. “But what is distressing the little princess today?”

“I can’t sleep. Can you sing to me?” I asked and she let out a sigh.

“Gosh, did you tell everyone about how I sing you to sleep? Luhan and Lay both want me to do that. I told them I charge per song. Tao asked for it too but I told to get his girlfriend to do it.”

“No, I didn’t tell anyone. So are you going to sing to me or not?”

“Geez princess. Fine fine I’ll sing to you. I’ll sing Kai’s screamo part in MAMA. Sounds good?” She said with an evil laugh and I rolled my eyes.

“No way! I won’t sleep at all!” I said with a pout evident in my tone.

“Fine, I’ll sing to you my new favorite song to sing.” She said with a smile.

Her voice started singing No Other by Super Junior. It wasn’t in Korean but in English. She loved the song and she transposed the song into English.  Hearing her voice made a smile appear on my face as her voice drifted me into dreamland sending me sweet dreams.

The call ended and I hadn’t realized that I received several of Mina’s text messages. most of them saying how she loved me and was saying goodnight.


 

YOUR POV

After Kris dropped me off I crashed onto the couch and connected my computer to the TV as I pulled out a bunch of songs. I needed to listen to songs from Youtube as they calmed me down from how my heart was racing like a car from Fast and Furious series. Wasn’t he dating Mina? Why was he suddenly concerned about Lay and my relationship? I guess we’re best friends but, why would he ask such a question? clearly he’s the one who turned me down. You let  out a huge groan and remembered that promise you made to yourself that day of Junior Prom about getting over him. Especially when he suddenly decided not to show up to the after party and ignored you after till the end of the year.

You sort of knew Lay had a small crush on you and you were willing to fall in love with him. I mean, he did give a peck on the cheek and lips. You two also went on a couple of ‘dates’ during the summer. Which was something you both kept a secret from everyone. Luhan said he was a good person and would make an excellent boyfriend. So you decided if he ever asked you out you would say yes.


 

Time quickly fell to the wee hours of the night as you and Lay talked stories on the phone and how lame the first day of school was. He then asked if you could sing him a small lullaby  to sleep and you questioned him on why and he said he wanted to hear it without any further questions asked. You then thought to yourself if maybe Kris told him about the singing since  you would sometimes sing Kris an acoustic version of a song if he ever  was in a bad mood or couldn’t fall asleep. You agreed and sang to him an acoustic version of Happy Together by Super Junior. You soon heard his soft sleeping noise and decided to end the phone call only to be called by Luhan. He then asked if you could sing him to sleep and you let out a sigh. Is someone saying how you're out there singing people to sleep if they can’t sleep?

You asked if he had any particular song choice and he let you choose. So you decided on an acoustic version of BIG BANG’s Bad Boy. When you heard his soft snores you hung up and was about to sleep when Tao decided to call you. He asked if you could sing him to sleep and told him to ask his girlfriend. You look at the time and it was nearing 10 o’clock. You were about to sleep when you got another incoming call.

“Hello?” You said answering the phone.

“Hey.” The voice on the other side said sounding a bit stressed.

“What Princess Kristine?” You asked with a sigh. You always called Kris that when he was being a little princess, like now.

“I’m not a Princess for your information.” He said in an annoyed but playful tone.

“Sure, the moment I stop calling Luhan Lulu I’ll stop or you stop calling Chen by Chenchen I won’t call you Princess Kristine.” You sarcastically replied and he let out a small laugh.

“I can’t sleep. Can you sing to me?” He asked cutting straight to the point.

“Gosh, did you tell everyone about how I sing you to sleep? Luhan and Lay both want me to do that. I told them I charge per song. Tao asked for it too but I told to get his girlfriend to do it.” You said annoyed with all the request. It wasn’t that you were annoyed by it, it was more it was cutting into your sleep schedule.

“No, I didn’t tell anyone. So are you going to sing to me or not?” He sounded offended.

“Geez princess. Fine fine I’ll sing to you. I’ll sing Kai’s screamo part in MAMA. Sounds good?”  You said and added in an evil laugh for the kicks.

“No way! I won’t sleep at all!” He said and you swear you saw a pout form on his face.

“Fine fine, I’ll sing to you my new favorite song to sing.” You said with a smile.

You started to sing No Other by Super Junior. It wasn’t in Korean but in English. You loved the song a lot so you transposed the song into English. After ending you heard his snores and let out a sigh.

“You, . Why do you call me when you have a girlfriend.” You quietly said into the phone knowing he was knocked out. “Every time you do something like this it isn’t easy for me to forget about you. You’re as dense as a rock you know that? Anyways, good night and sweet dreams.” You said sweetly and hung up then fell asleep too.

 


omg.
now all my fanfics are updated to some date in 2014 (:
Last update for a while. School starts tomorrow!
& Happy Birthday Kyungsoo, Happy Kaisoo Day & Happy Early Birthday Kai :) <3 
I might upload a Kai story, only because Kai is too adorable and it's his birthday :) 
anyways bye bye~!
<3 Jamie~ <3