Chapter 2

I Fell In Love With My Best Friend *Dropped*

CHAPTER 2

KRIS’S POV

Junior year came around and Kacie and I became close friends. We had the opportunity to hang out a lot because of Luhan. Apparently her and Luhan were close, also Luhan being one of my best friends from childhood times. She had always stuck around Luhan like a sister. He was always would be at her side. I wasn’t stalking her or anything. She had also came close to the group of friends which I hung out with which included: Luhan, Xiumin, Chen, Lay, and Tao. Her best friend Kara who also happened to be Chen’s cousin by marriage also came good friends with us. Something Chen was pleased because he was able to annoy her. It wasn’t a hatred or anything because he care about her existence and would bother to tell us if she was sick or something. He just liked picking on her because he thought it was funny.

"Kris!" Kacie beamed at me and I looked up with a smile. She always looked so happy every morning. Something which surprised me because she hates school.

"Sup!" Luhan said with a smile too and I walked over to them. They were at the normal hangout spot by the tree with the rest of our friends. Coincidently same tree I would meet Kacie so she could return my notes.

"Chen! Oh My Gawd! give it back!" Kara groaned as she tried grabbing whatever Chen took from her.

“Just tell me you’re sorry for what you did.” Chen said still keeping whatever he took away from Kara.

"I'm sorry you're a natural born idiot." Kara teased and he just shoved whatever he was holding hostage of hers into his pants pocket.

"Kacie help me!" Kara pleaded and looked towards Kacie who was busy talking to Luhan about their chemistry homework.

"Chen, give it back to her." I said as I walked towards them and sat down.

"She's the one who embarrassed me as I was asking out a girl!" Chen complained causing Tao to giggle.

"Gege,  you did that yourself." Tao snickered along with Kara.

"I did not!" Chen complained.

"You so did." Lay said with a smile causing Chen to groan.

"You're all so irritating." Chen grabbed what he took from Kara and threw it at her. Tao caught it before it smacked Kara in the face and handed it to her. Apparently he took her favorite eraser. It was one of those food shaped erasers.

"Here you go Noona." Tao said with a small smile.

"For the last time, I'm not your Noona. We're the same age." Kara laughed as she took it. "But thanks Tao." She said and ruffled up his hair. I rolled my eyes at the scene. Tao had a crush on Kara the moment they met, but that was expected because Kara was like a walking model - not that I was interested. Many envied her for being beautiful and fashionable. I always wondered if Tao fancied her because she also loved Gucci.

"YES! THANK YOU TIMES A GAZILLION!" Kacie let out as she hugged Luhan. "You're the bestest!" She said with a beaming smile.

"No problem." Luhan said as his eyes turned into crescent moons. Kris saw Lay sneak a peek at Kacie who hugged Luhan out of happiness. He saw Lay let out a small sigh and returned to his homework. I knew he had a small crush on Kacie but would not admit it assuming Kacie and Luhan were too close for his own liking. He didn’t want to interfere especially if Luhan and Kacie were dating.

"So Kris, did you finish English homework?" Kacie asked me with a bright smile.

"If you're thinking of copying my homework then no." I replied and she rolled her eyes.

"Your so mean oppa." She pouted and I rolled my eyes. I felt bad so I let out a huge sigh. I took out my homework and handed it to her. She smiled and hugged me sideways. "Thank you oppa." she said and gave the worksheet to Luhan.

"Thanks Kris!" Luhan said with a smile that turned his eyes into crescent moons.

"What?!” My eyes widened as I saw Luhan copying down the answers.

"Sorry. You wouldn't give me the worksheet even if I asked you." Luhan said with a laugh and I let out a huge sigh.

"Gege is a er for making people happy." Tao giggled.

"Oh who are you taking to prom?" Lay asked wide eyes as he conveniently changed the subject.

"Never asked." I said and I saw Kacie look my way and quickly turned back.

"Oh really? Are you waiting for someone special?" Xiumin asked and I shrugged.

"Doesn't matter." I said and saw Kacie let out a sigh and returned attention to Luhan copying my homework. Lay looked her way and let a small sigh as he started to talking to Chen about who knows what.

Truth was, Kacie asked me last week, I told her I would think about it. I wanted to keep her as a friend, but I found she liked me. I liked her - only as a friend. I never told any of them about it, knowing if Lay found out he would be saddened.

"Well who's the lucky girl Prince Luhan is taking?" Kara asked with a smug smile.

"Never asked her yet." Luhan said without looking up from copying my homework. He finished it and gave it back to me. I looked at it over and saw a small scribbling in pencil. It looked like Luhan's writing.

 

Hurry up and give a reply.

 

I looked at Luhan oddly wondering what it was about. He then makes eye contact with me and then I realize he’s talking about Kacie. The school bell rings before I can get any chance to ask how he knew.

“Come on! We’re going to be late to Math!” Kacie says standing up with her backpack slung on right shoulder urging Luhan to hurry up.

“Yeah of course.” Luhan said putting his stuff in his bag and and heading off. “See you guys later!” They both say before heading off to math.

“Gege, stop staring off into space and let’s go to History.” Tao said with a bright smile looking at me.

“Yeah, lets go.” I said taking my bag and walking with Tao to History class.

 


update. sorry small kine lame this chapter.

well. I'm trying to stem ideas for this but with college it's pretty hard :(

yeah. so this story might get slow chapters. still gotta write out future chapters.... 

hope you guys can deal with slow updates on this!
but as soon I have like 3-5 chapters written in advance for this, I'll update more frequently :) 

<3 Jamiee~