Chapter 7.2

Like We Used To

Yoona’s POV

 

I walk to the room number that Se Kyung gave to me. I’m a bit nervous since it’s been awhile since I’ve been doing it. Well you know what. I arrive in front of her room and took a deep breath. ‘It’s now or never.’ I said to myself and knock the door.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

I heard the door clicking from the inside and the girl I met just now is standing in front of me without her mask on. ‘Beautiful..’ I mesmerized at her beauty.

“Hi there stranger.” Se Kyung said to me while cross her arms. I never thought I’ll be meeting such a beautiful girl tonight.

“Am I too early?” I said while rub the back of my neck.

“No. You right on time. Come in.” She step aside to let me in. I entered her room and look all over her room. “I’m having wine right now. Want to join me?” She said while walking out to her room balcony.

“Oh. Yeah. Sure.” I followed her behind and seat next to her. She poured me a glass wine and starts a conversation with me. For one hour we just talk and laugh at our experience and I didn’t realise I still had my mask on. I were busy looking at the view in front of me until I realise she’s been staring at for a while now. “What are you looking at?” I said and look straight into her eyes.

She stood up and walks to me. My eyes never left her. I’m eyeing her from hair to toe. She’s beautiful, too beautiful for me. Suddenly she slowly sits on my thigh and made me hold my moan. She starts to trace my mask and look straight into my eyes. “Can I open your mask?” She said while tracing it.

I nod and my eyes never left hers. Slowly she untangled the mask from my face. After opening it, I can see that she’s stunned when she looked at my bare face. “What’s wrong?” I ask while her face.

“You.. You had a beautiful eyes..” She said while blinking her eyes rapidly and made me chuckled at her cuteness.

“I get that a lot.” I smile sweetly and looked at her softly. We stared at each other eyes and I can feel her breath as she come closer to me. As our face got closer, our moment had been interrupt by a phone call. It’s from my phone. I grab my phone and furrowed my eye brows at the unknown number. I sighed and look at her. “I need to take this.” She nod and hug me.

“Hello?”

‘Hello, to whom am I speaking to?’ The person starts the conversation in English.

“I’m Yoona. Who is this?”

‘I’m calling from Touche Bar, and we got your friend here, a girl actually. She’s been drinking non-stop and now she won’t budge if I wake her up. We wanted to close the bar for the New Year celebration but your friend here. She.. you know too drunk to wake up.’

“Friend? I’m sorry but I don’t have any friend here.”

‘Her passport says her name is Kwon Yuri and your number is on the first speed dial.’

“Huh?” I stunned when she mention Yuri’s name and my number on her first speed dial.

‘Hello Miss? Are you there?’

“I’m here. Never mind, I’ll pick her up. Please give me 20 minutes. Can you text me the exact location of your bar? I’ll be there as soon as possible and please don’t use her phone to text me.” I hung up and stare at Se Kyung.

“You have to go?” I nodded and her hair softly.

“I’m sorry. I’ll make up to you later.” I kiss her hair and gesture her to stand up. She stand up and so do I. I reach out at the back of my pocket and give her my business card. “Call me.” I walk out from her and run to my room to grab the car keys that we rent from the hotel.

As soon as I arrived at the club, I wear my mask back, not wanted Yuri to recognize me. I see the bartender is busy cleaning the counter and Yuri is deep asleep on the counter. I approach the bartender and take a good look at Yuri. “Are you Yoona?” The bartender asks me.

“Yes. Thank you so much for taking care of her. Here.” I give the bartender a tip and begin to settling Yuri on my back.

“Do you need any help Miss?”

“It’s okay. I can manage. Thank you again.” I said while adjusting Yuri on my back. I walk out from the bar and walk to the car. ‘When did she become this light?’ She became much lighter than before. I open the car door and placed Yuri carefully at the car seat.

I went to driver’s side and drive away from the bar. I keep my eyes on the road and once in a while I’ll look at her who is deep asleep. I shrugged and continue driving. I heard Yuri shifting from her seat, I look at her and see her rubbing her head while grunt.

“Ugh.. Where am I?” She said in English with her hoarse voice. I composed myself and keep my eyes on the road. “Who are you? Where are we going?”

“I’m no one. I’m taking you back to the hotel.” I said replied back in English and without looking at her. When reach the red light, I looked at her and sees a frown plastered on her face. I want to comfort her and I don’t care what her problem is. I just don’t want to see her frown again. I tighten my grip on the car steering to not let myself hug her, touch her. ‘No Yoona. No. This is the only way to stay close to her. Breathe in. Breathe out.’ I mumble to myself.

“Can we go somewhere else before going back to the hotel?” She said slowly. I can sense a tone of sadness in her voice.

“No. You’re still drunk. You need to rest.”

“Please. Just for a while.” She said slowly. I look at her and see she’s playing with her fingers. It’s her habit. Whenever she’s feeling sad, anxious, nervous, she will play with her fingers.

“Okay. Tell me where you want to go.”

“Take me to the beach.”

I nodded slowly and drive to the beach. As soon as we arrive, she went out from the car and walk to the beach. “Walk slowly.” I said to her. She stand in front of the sea and crossed her arms. She stares at the sea and sighed a lot. I stand behind her and look at her sadly. Only God know how much I wanted to comfort her, how much I wanted to tell her that everything is going to be fine. She took a seat in front of the sea and hugs her knees. I walk and sit next to her.

I look at her and she’s staring at the stars. I look up to the stars and amazed. Never in my life I’ve see a bunch of stars and they were so many of it. It’s so shine and bright, the stars are lightening up the skies. “Beautiful isn’t it?” I look at her and see she’s smile sadly.

“It is.” I said while looking at the stars.

“Someone used to say to me, looks at the stars and all your problems will starts to fade away. Maybe she was right. I feel calm whenever I looked at the stars but sometimes I hate it. It reminds me of her.” Yuri said in soft tone.

I smile sadly at her words. Yes it’s me who says it to her. “Sorry if I ask, but who is this someone?” I ask her. I wanted her to say it.

“Somebody that I used to know and someone that I st--.. nevermind..” She said while playing with her fingers. I nod at her answer and starts spacing out. ‘I just somebody that she used to know..’ I smile sadly at my thoughts. After a few minutes, I feel she’s scooting closer to me. “Can I lie down on your lap?” Yuri said while looking at me sadly.

“Sure.” I said while tap my lap. She lay down and stares at the stars above us. I look up and sigh. Out of sudden, I feel Yuri’s finger tracing my mask. I look down and meet those brown orbs up close. She seems calm while drawing the trace on my mask.

“Whoever you are, could you please do me a favour?” She said softly and looks into my eye. She let her lone tears run down on her face for my view. “Don’t leave me and stay with me for the night.” Those tone. The tone I never wanted to hear. I look at her who’s now letting her tears flow down on her cheeks unstoppably.

I brought my hand up to her cheek and wipe her tears away. “Don’t cry. I’m not going to leave you. I.. I promise.” I lean forward to kiss her forehead. She looks at me in shock. “I’m sorry. I thought a kiss on your forehead might cheer you up.” I don’t know what comes over me. I know I shouldn’t make it hard for me but she needs me.

I stare back at the sea and took a deep breath. After a while, I heard Yuri snoring. I looked down and chuckle softly. I her hair softly and sigh. I carefully carry her back to the car. As soon as I put her at the seat, I heard a phone ringing. I search for the sound and it comes from her handbag. I took out her phone and see the caller. I sigh and bit my lips.

 

Jong Suk Oppa <3

  Calling ..

 

Lee Jong Suk, her current boyfriend. Yes, Lee Jong Suk, the actor is currently dating my ex-girlfriend, Kwon Yuri. Their news is spreading like fire. Only God knows how I felt when his first time telling the world that Kwon Yuri belongs to him. I took a deep breath and pick up his call.

“…”

‘Yuri baby?’ I bit my lips to hold my tears. ‘Yuri baby? Are you there?’

“Yuri is sleeping.” I said in cold and annoyed tone.

‘No. She’s still awake right? Don’t lie to me.’

I look at the phone and furrowed my eyebrows. “Why would I lie?”

‘You’re her friend and of course friends help each other. Don’t they?’

“Are you deaf or what? I’m telling you that she’s sleeping.” I said in annoyed tone. To be honest this guy is pissing me off.

‘Okay. Okay. Can you please tell her how sorry I was for ditching her just now? Please tell her. I am really sorry. I didn’t mean to ditch her. Please tell her that I love her. I love her so much, and I’m really sorry.’

He said in literally begging tone to me. I took a deep breath and continue. “Sure. I’ll tell her.”

‘Thank you. Please take care of her.’

I hung up the call and put her phone to where it belongs. I took a deep a breath and drive away from that place. Once in a while, I look at her and smile sadly. I wish I was the one who called her at this late night. Speaking of late night, I looked at my watch and it’s 10.45 p.m. ‘Maybe I should celebrate New Year with my unnies then.’

As soon as we arrive at the hotel, with the help from the doorman, he put Yuri on my back and I went to front desk to ask for Yuri’s key and room number. After receiving the keys, I walk to her room and when we arrive in front of her room, I had difficulty to insert her key card. I made her lean at the wall to make her stand. I put her head at my shoulder to support her while I insert her key card.

I flinched a bit when Yuri moves her head to the crook of my neck and I can feel her breath linger thru my neck. ‘No Yoona. No.’ I said to myself to stay compose and not touching her. I carried her on my back again and went into her room. I put her slowly on the bed and put her high heels away.

I look at her peaceful face and smile sadly. ‘I miss waking up seeing this peaceful face.’ I thought. I took a sit at the edge of the bed and looks at her face. I brought my hand to her face and it softly. “Yuri ah, promises me you will be happy.” I whisper slowly to her. I lean forward and kiss her on the forehead. I stay at her forehead while let a single tears rolling down on cheek. “I love you..” I mumble at her forehead.

I stood up and tuck her in slowly, not waking her up. I took a last look at her beautiful face before walk out from the room. “Please be happy..” I said while looking at her face for one last time and walk out completely from her room. I untangled my mask while walking to the lift. I stand in front of the lift and look my left corridor where Yuri’s room located. I smile sadly and shook my head slowly. As the lift arrived I walk into it and press the ground floor button. The lift closes its door and that when my tears start to flow. I close my eyes and took a deep breath. ‘It’s time to move on Yoona. It’s time.’

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

(Back To the Ballroom before Yoona arrives at the hotel)

 

Author’s POV

 

Currently Sooyoung is meeting Dara at the outside of the ballroom. The other two midgets is nowhere to be found. They just left Sooyoung after Dara approaches them. They talk and laugh over silly jokes that Sooyoung told her.

“Hi Dara.”  A man approach Dara and Sooyoung. Being a gentlewoman, she excused herself and the two latter a chance to talk.

“Hey I’ll meet you at the ballroom.” Sooyoung said to Dara

Sooyoung walked back to the ballroom and start loitering around the ballroom. She took a sit near the dance floor and watched a few couples dance to the song slowly. The song has finish and the musician has changed to the new song.

 

(A/N; Listen to EXO - Don't Go while reading. Start read when D.O starts singing.)

 

The small fluttering of your wings seemed like it was telling me to follow you

The sad eyes and tacit stories in your heart that night in which the whirlwind was raging

 

I was mesmerized by the mysterious you and stared at you and had my one soul stolen

Because I am completely drunk at your movements, I even forgot how to breathe

Like a waltz, I sit lightly and can’t take my eyes off of you

My eyes naturally follow you every time you walk

 

Sooyoung choked when she heard the song. It’s one of the songs that she and Hyoyeon choreograph. ‘Why it has to be this song?’ Sooyoung sigh. She looks around and noticed one familiar figure with blonde hair. She tilts her head from left to right slowly. She had her hair done in pony tail. She’s wearing blue dress and blue mask. Sooyoung recognized that small figure so much. The way she stands on her feet. The way she talked to people. Though she had a mask to cover her face, still Sooyoung knew her.

“Hyoyeon ..” Sooyoung whispered.

As the chorus of the song is nearing, the person next to Hyoyeon invites Hyoyeon to the dance floor. Sooyoung took the girl next to her and went to the dance floor. Sooyoung and her partner standing next to Hyoyeon.

 

Guide me yeah take me together with you to the place where you live

Oh even if the world ends, I’ll follow from behind you so please don’t go out of my sight

Even when the morning comes, don’t disappear oh

This walk that I’m dreaming

You’re my only beautiful butterfly

 

Oh, woo-hoo-hoo oh yeah- woo-hoo-hoo yeah woo-hoo-hoo

 

As the chorus starts to roams along the ballroom, all the dancers start to dance waltz in harmonize. So does Hyoyeon and Sooyoung. All the dancers move to left and right in harmonize. Sooyoung looked at Hyoyeon who has lost herself to the music. Sooyoung like to see how Hyoyeon put the feel into the song. The way Hyoyeon move to the song, the way Hyoyeon looks to her partner. How Sooyoung wish that the person holding Hyoyeon now was her. Sooyoung smile at Hyoyeon when their eyes meet. The partners ready to pass their dance mate. Sooyoung who stay not too far Hyoyeon are ready to catch Hyoyeon.

 

 

Wherever you came from, or wherever you’re going, up until now you always kindly greet me

A steep climb, the cliffs that cut off, don’t worry because there is no place to be afraid of

 

Your elegant figure oh I fall for it many times

Like this love, without even me knowing, comes and finds me unexpectedly

Like a waltz, I sit lightly and can’t take my eyes off of you

My eyes naturally follow you every time you walk

 

 

‘Passing partners’

 

Sooyoung catch Hyoyeon and look deep into Hyoyeon eyes. Slowly brought Hyoyeon up to her embraces and never left Hyoyeon eyes. Sooyoung start to dance the steps that she and Hyoyeon had creates for the song. ‘Dance to the song Hyo.’ Sooyoung thought. Sooyoung leads Hyoyeon to the dance.

Hyoyeon who’s into the song were too dense to recognize the dance step. Hyoyeon just letting her body move to the music. Their eyes never left from each other. Hyoyeon start to feel secure when she looks into this person eyes. She knew she met these warm eyes before but to whom it belongs to. She feels like she lost inside those brown orbs.

 

Guide me yeah take me together with you to the place where you live

Oh even if the world ends, I’ll follow from behind you so please don’t go out of my sight

Even when the morning comes, don’t disappear oh

This walk that I’m dreaming

You’re my only beautiful butterfly

 

Hyoyeon let this person lead the dance. Sooyoung hold her tightly every time they turn. The way Sooyoung hold her made her feel she’s in the right place. Their face meet and both of them can feel each other breath. Sooyoung miss this. Having Hyoyeon in her arms again were such bliss for her. ‘I miss you.’ Sooyoung thought while looking into Hyoyeon eyes. Hyoyeon slowly melt into this person eye, she keep asking herself why does this gaze seems so familiar to her.

 

 

Even if we wander in unfamiliar places, even if we get lost

I’ll follow my heart that’s more honest than anyone else’s

Because I can’t resist your quiet movements that strike me, and your sharp and soft gaze

 

Take me yeah take me together with you to the place where you live

Oh even if the world ends, I’ll follow you

Oh no don’t go out of my sight

Even when the morning comes, don’t disappear oh

A small wave of your hand makes a whirlwind strike in my heart

 

Sooyoung pushed Hyoyeon softly and start to walk in circle slowly. Hyoyeon slowly realize this dance and the owner of the warm brown orbs. ‘Sooyoung..’ Hyoyeon thought. They keep walking in circle and slowly walking making the circle smaller. Sooyoung slide her hand to Hyoyeon front waist and walk in circle while let their forehead meet. They stop and look into each other eyes. Neither of them wanted to continue the dance. They just stayed into position and look at each other eyes. Sooyoung brought Hyoyeon closer and hold her tightly.

‘Don’t let me go..’ Hyoyeon thought to herself. She doesn’t want Sooyoung to let her go. All she need now is to be in Sooyoung embraces like she used to. Hyoyeon look into Sooyoung eyes sadly and she wishes Sooyoung sees it. How sad she is and how badly she wanted to be in Sooyoung embraces right now.

Sooyoung was too dense to noticed Hyoyeon sad eyes. Too many question running inside her head. All she need the most now is the reason why. Why did Hyoyeon left her.

Hyoyeon look away and had her head hung low. Sooyoung slowly brought her hand up to trace Hyoyeon face but when she sees someone is approaching Hyoyeon from behind, she brought her hand down and let go of Hyoyeon waist softly and bowed at her. Sooyoung walk away disappeared into the crowd that currently cheering.

Hyoyeon start to feel weird and empty when Sooyoung walk away from her. Hyoyeon watch Sooyoung lifeless back disappeared into the crowd and she tried to move her feet to chase Sooyoung but her feet glued to the ground. She flinched when someone hugs her from behind.

“I’m sorry.” That person whispered and made Hyoyeon turns around to face him. Hyoyeon sigh when she sees Joon Hyung is the one who hug and whisper at her. “I’m sorry.” Joon Hyung took a step closer and hugs her.

Hyoyeon didn’t reply back instead she wraps her arms around Joon Hyung neck and nodded. ‘I’m sorry too..’

 

-TBC-

Author's Note; Hello Everyone! Sorry for the late update.*bows Here's Hyoyoung and Yoonyul encounter. Sorry if i failed at the dance part. I'm bad at describing that part. Thank you for subscribing! More to come! Yo, Peace Out!