Chapter 6

Like We Used To

 Yoona’s POV

 

“Sooyoung unnie! Did you use my shampoo?!” I shouted from inside of the bathroom.

“I used it since I forgot to bring mine!” I grunted. It’s not that I don’t like sharing stuff with people but this unnie has used half of my shampoo to wash her hair. I continued bathing and after finished bathing, I wore my comfortable clothes.

“I’m going out to the town. You need anything?” I asked Sooyoung unnie while fixing my snapback. “How’s my cap?” I asked Sooyoung unnie who busy munching chips. She looked at me and shook her head.

“Come here.” I sat next to Sooyoung unnie and she fixed my cap. She put the cap backward and showed me thumbs up. I went to mirror and pouted.

“I’m cute.” I said jokingly.

Sooyoung unnie made puking expression. “You look like a boy with that cap backward Yoong.”

I giggled. “Oh you need anything?”

“Buy me some chips and my shampoo.”

“Okay.” I went out the room and walked through the lobby. I saw people stared at me like I’m committing crime. ‘Is it the way I dressed up?’ I thought. I walked to the nearest mirror and looked at my attire. ‘My.. I do look like a boy with this over-sized shirt, short pants and cap. I’m too cute to be a boy. Oh well.’ I shrugged it off and waited for the shuttle bus to go the town.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Town

 

I walked thru the town to find at least a small shop that sell those toiletries stuff. All I can see here is souvenir shop and clothing store. I need to ask people around maybe they knew, well obviously they knew. It’s their home. I saw an old lady selling handmade accessories. I decided to approach her and as soon as I arrived at her stall, I start to admire all the handmade accessories that old lady made. There a pair of bracelets that catches my eyes. I looked at it and smile sadly. It has infinity shape on it.

“Hello young lady, is there anything that I can help you with?” She asked.

“Oh. Hihi. Actually I was looking for a shop. Can you tell me the way?” I ask fluently in English to the old lady.

“Oh walk a bit further till the end of the road then turn to your left. You will see a small shop there.” That old lady said.

“Ahh .. Thank you.” I thanked her with warm smile. I took a closer look at the couple bracelets. How I wish Yuri was mine again. I could give this to her.

“I assume you’re not from here?” She asked.

I nodded and smile. I put down the bracelets and bowed at the lady.

“Young lady.” As I start to walk, the old lady called me back. “Here.” The old lady gave me the couple bracelets. “Give it to the one you love.”

“If only I had one.” I muttered slowly while looking at bracelets.

That old lady chuckled at me. “Young lady, move on. And trust me, love will find way back home.”

I furrowed my brows at the lady words.  I bowed and walk to the market. “Finally.” I said as soon as I step inside the shop. I went to search the shampoo for me and Sooyoung.

‘I don’t wanna lose you now,

I’m looking right at the other half of me,

The vacancy that sat in my heart,

Is a space that now you hold’

I sing slowly while browsing the shampoo. “Here is it.” I smiled and picked up two shampoos. “Okay what else? Shampoos? Check. Chips? Oh chips.” I walk to the food section. I picked-up random chips for Sooyoung since she ate everything. I look at all items that I bought and nodded. “I think that’s all.” I walk to cashier while browsing at the stuff I bought. As I walked, I didn’t saw a figure standing in front me.

 

BUMP!

 

“Yah! Are you blind?” That person yelled at me in Korean.

“Oh my gosh, I am so sorry. I didn’t see you there. I’m so sorry.” I replied back in Korean. I help her picked up all her stuff and when I was reaching for her stuff, our hands touch and that time our eyes met.

I widen my eyes. I was too shock. I can’t believe my eyes. She’s here. She’s really here. “Yuri?”

“Yoona..” She said slowly but loud enough for me to hear it.

We looked into each other eyes. Those beautiful gaze that I’ve been longing to see. Those gaze that always calm me when I’m in hard times. It still gets me butterfly whenever I see it. But why does that gaze seems sad and shattered? What happen to her in these two years? I noticed she looked down at my left hand which I wear the bracelets that the old lady gave to me and then she looked away.

“Are you okay? Did I hurt you?” I ask her softly.

“I’m okay.” She said in stern voice and walked away from me.

I looked at her walked way and I don’t know why my legs move to her direction. I stood in front of her and went speechless.

“What do you want Yoona?” She looked at me with her cold face and her strong gaze.

‘Yoona? It always Yoong or baby.’ I thought sadly. “I -- Mmm, are you following me?” I closed my mouth and bit my lips. Why did I ask her that? Bad move Yoona! Bad move! Ask her if she’s okay not asked her following you.

“I’m not following you. Now leave me alone.” She said harshly and walked out from the shop.

“Yul!” I called her name. I walked from the shop to follow her and then the owner of the shop called me.

“Miss you didn’t pay for your things yet.” I look at my hand and grunted in frustration. I pay for the stuff in fast speed hoping I could catch with her. I walked out from the shop and found Yuri walking in a fast speed. “Yuri! Yuri!” I called her name while chasing her. I looked to my left and right there’s no sign of her. I sigh heavily. I looked at the bracelets that been attach to my wrist and that old lady word came to my mind.

‘Young lady, move on. And trust me, love will find way back home.’

“If only moving on is easy as you said old lady.” I said while walking slowly towards the bus stop.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

Jessica’s POV

 

‘Why does the mood seems different than yesterday?’ I thought. I know what’s bothering Taeyeon. But this choding right here. She’s.. too quiet. She didn’t touch her food. She’s spacing out a lot. ‘What happen to everyone?’ I look at Sooyoung who busy enjoying her food. ‘Well, at least someone is normal.’

“What you looking at punk?” Sooyoung said harshly while stuffing all the food. I shook my head at Soo’s action. I look at Taeyeon who’s spacing out and flipping her food.

“Unnie. I’m going back to my room.” Yoona said softly. She stood up and walk away from us. I look at Yoona and look back at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon sigh and stood up from her seat. Well I guess she went out for a walk since she took the direction to the pool.

“What happen to them? They’re spacing out a lot. Are you poisoning them with spacing out liquid?” Sooyoung stated while looking at Taeyeon ways.

I shot my cold gaze to Sooyoung. I noticed she gulped and went back to her food. I sigh heavily. This is not the main reason I bought them here. I want us to be happy. Not spacing out and give frowns all day. “Soo, can you go and check on Yoona? I’ll go and get Taeyeon.”

She nodded. I left Sooyoung at the table since she didn’t finish eating yet. I went to the pool side and look out for Taeyeon. ‘I thought I saw her went this way. Where is she?’ I thought worriedly.

 

BEEP BEEP

 

I took out my phone and there’s one message from Taeyeon.

‘Where are you going?’

‘Where are you?’

‘Look up.’

I look up at the balcony of mine and Taeyeon room’s. I see her waving at me. I waved back at her.

‘I thought you were out here. I came here to get you. Are you okay?’

‘I’m okay. Hey, come up here now. It’s getting late.’

I look surround me and there’s not many people left around the hotels. I looked at my watch and it shows 10.30 p.m. "Maybe I should I take some fresh air."

‘I’m going out for a walk. Just for a while. Don’t wait for me.’

‘Don’t come back late. Walk carefully.’

I looked up and show okay signs to Taeyeon while smiling cheekily to her. After that, I walked to my favorite part of the island, shady tree that Sooyoung and I used to seat together on the first day we got here. I lay my back at the shady tree and feel the breeze hit my face. I felt peace and calm when I sit here. The surroundings around here are kind of quiet and I like it.

I’m in my perfect disguise. I’m in my hoodie, over-sized hoodie actually to cover my chest, torn jeans and a cap. People won’t see me since I’m hidden under these shady trees. Okay to be honest, I don’t want to be disturbed by anyone especially those ert.

I look around me and I feel really calm. Sounds that seas made, night breeze and less people loitering around, I wish I could stay here for a long time. Maybe I can start a new life with them here. I closed my eyes to feel the night breeze.

I opened up my eyes and see a figure walking in front of me. She’s covering her face with red hoodies. She’s walking and kicking the sand. My eyes followed the figure till the sat on the rock that been seated at the sea. I look around and it just two of us. ‘What a beautiful young lady doing here late at night?’ Okay I’m just guessing that she’s pretty. Maybe she is and maybe I should go and ask for her number.

She’s seating not that far from me because I can still see her figure seating while her feet kicking the sea water. I check the surroundings again and speak of the devil, we’re not alone. There’s a group of boys watching her from afar. Judging from the way they look at her, looks like they had bad intention to her. Most of them have beer cans on their hand. Two of the boys start walking towards that girl. ‘Nu-uh, not in front of me you drunkards.’ I thought. I stood up and walk as fast I can but still in calm way so that the two boys wouldn’t see me rushing to her.

I walks toward her and sit a few rocks away from her. I noticed the two boys slowed down their steps when they see me sitting next to her. I looked at the boys and glared at them. I try really hard to made try-to-come-near-and-I-will-kill-you face to them. Not long after that, they scrambled away from our place. I look at the girl she’s still playing with the water. ‘Wow, this girl is indeed not aware about her surroundings. Well I guess I need to wait till she went back then.’ I ignore the girl and looked back at the sea.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s POV

 

The girl phone’s is slipping out from her hoodies jacket. Her phone dropped next to her, on the rock. When she wanted to picked the phone, her eyes met the figure next to her. She felt like her eyes are coming out from its socket. She knew her. She knew that side face very well. “Jessica?”

Jessica looked to her right and bulge her eyes. “Ti--Tiffany?”

“What are you doing here? How did you know that I’m here? Are you following me?” Tiffany stood up and starts bombarding Jessica with question.

Jessica looked at Tiffany with annoyed look. She stood up and faced Tiffany. “I’m not following you.” Jessica said in stern and strong voice, it made Tiffany flinch a bit. Jessica never sounds this cold to her. It’s was not hate that Jessica feel but to Jessica this is the only way to show to Tiffany that she’s already moved on. To show Tiffany she can live without Tiffany. Though the truth that we all know Jessica can never move on or live without Tiffany.

“Then what are you doing here? I thought I told you about not showing up in front of me again.” Tiffany raised her voice a bit.

“It’s not like I wanted to see you Ms. Hwang. I’m here for holiday. I’m not one of your fan boys who keep following you day and night. Like them, I had something better to do rather than following you.” Jessica said in very soft toned but in sarcastic way.

Tiffany’s trying to catch up all the words that Jessica said. After a while, she looked at Jessica furiously and gape . “What did you just said?”

“I said like them, I had something better to do rather than following you.” She state in English while took a step closer to Tiffany. They stare into each other eyes. Tiffany eyes are full with hatred and anger, while Jessica looked at her with really soft but strong gaze that made Tiffany heart flutter. She always lost in Jessica’s lovely eyes and she felt really safe whenever Jessica’s watching her. Jessica broke their gaze by eyeing Tiffany up and down, she scoffed and walk away from Tiffany. She heard Tiffany grunted and made her chuckle a bit. She knew how cute Tiffany would look if she’s angry.

“I hate you!!” Tiffany screamed. Jessica shook her head and disappeared into darkness. It’s not like she’s going to left Tiffany alone. She sat under the shady tree and stare at Tiffany who busy throwing rocks at the sea.

‘You still a bad thrower Tiff..’ Jessica smile at the way Tiffany throw the rocks.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashbacks

 

“Hey throw this.” Jessica gave Tiffany the baseball ball.

“Jessi, you know I’m a bad thrower. What if it hit you?”

“Try me.” Jessica said and went to the middle of the field. Jessica gave Tiffany signal to throw the ball. Tiffany nodded nervously and aiming the ball at Jessica. Tiffany throws the ball way far back from Jessica position. Jessica runs towards the ball, she catches the ball and trip.

“Jessi are you okay?” Tiffany called her from afar. Tiffany widen her eyes and run towards Jessica unmoved body. “Jessi! Jessi! Wake up!” Tiffany said while shaking Jessica body. “Jessi, come on. Wake up.” Tiffany said while checking Jessica pulse which beat slower than it should. “No. No. Jessica. Wake up. Don’t leave me.” Tiffany at verge of tears while saying it. “Jessica. Please don’t leave me. I love you. Please don’t leave me.” Tiffany said while cupping Jessica face.

Jessica, who’s pretend to be dead, heard all Tiffany words clearly. It touches her heart and it feels good when she knew the love of her life never wanted to lose her. When Jessica starts to heard Tiffany sobbing, she flipped their position and now Jessica is on top of Tiffany. Jessica looked deep into Tiffany brown orbs and smile.

“I love you too Stephanie.” Jessica said before give a peck on Tiffany’s lips and kissed all Tiffany tears away. Tiffany is too stunned until she didn’t realize that Jessica has walked away coolly from her.

“Jung Sooyeon!” Tiffany shouted when she get her sense back. “You’re so dead when I catch you!” Tiffany said and starts chasing Jessica all over the field.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presents

 

Jessica opened her eyes and sigh heavily at the memories. She looks at Tiffany who’s sitting there while taking some photos. Jessica tilts her head from left to right and smile at Tiffany cuteness. “Maybe it’s time to let you go Stephanie.” Jessica said softly and letting the lone tears escape from her eyes. Jessica sat there and watched Tiffany till that lad walks back to the hotels.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Next Morning

 

Sooyoung POV

 

*Blink *Blink

 

I blinked my eyes repeatedly after woke up from my sleep and sighed heavily. I look to my left and see Yoona sleeping soundly. I smile sadly while remembering it’s not her that lying next to me. ‘Hyoyeon ah, did you sleep well?’ I thought to myself. It’s sad to know that she’s not the one that greets me every morning now. Now every morning, I will be greeted by this choding with her snoring orchestra.

I woke up from my bed and get ready for breakfast. “Seems like I’m going to be alone today.” I said while look through my phones. No calls from Taeyeon and Jessica. Yoona is obviously busy conducting. I walk out from my room and walk leisurely to the café downstairs. After arriving, I sit at the table outside of the café and start browsing the menu.

“Hi. Can I take your order?” The waitress asked me in English

I looked at the waitress and stared at her. “One set of American breakfast and hot coffee.”

“Is that all Miss?” I nodded at the waitress and give her my charming smile. I can see a tint of red marks on her cheeks while she quickly walked away from me. As I slowly turn my vision to the pool, a flashback comes thru my mind.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashbacks

“How was practice Soo?” She asked me.

“Tiring but fun. How about you sweetheart? How was the dance class?” I said while sitting next to her.

“It was okay. But I’m a bit bored that you’re not there.” She said while looking at me and playing pen spinning.

“Here. I bought you something.” I gave her a lunch box that consist all her favorites.

“You always get me the same thing every day. Are you trying to steal food now Choi Sooyoung?” She asked me.

“No. I don’t steal it. I bought it.” I said coolly while munching some cookies.

Hyoyeon nodded in satisfied and smile. “I’ll eat this after I finished my homework.” She said and continues doing her homework. Seeing her doing her homework is the last I want to do on earth. Why? We’re not talking. I sigh heavily and kept munching the cookies.

“Hi. Soo-- Soo-- Sooyoung sunbaenim.” A girl said softly and approached me closer.

“Oh hi there.” I said while flashing my smile to her.

“Here I cooked your favorite food. Hope you like it sunbaenim.”

I looked at Hyoyeon who currently doing her homework and ignore me. “Thank you Dara ssi. Hmm, don’t you have class to attend?” I said when I saw Hyoyeon looks really uncomfortable with Dara’s presence though she didn’t show it.

“Ahh. Yes. I have to go! Enjoy your meal sunbaenim!” Dara shouted while runs towards the school building. I shook my head at Dara silliness and smile sheepishly while looking at the lunch box that Dara gave to me.

“Stop smiling. You made all the girls fall for you by smiling.” She state with annoyed tone.

“Hey, don’t blame me for having this charming smile. Who wouldn’t fall for me the school badass star? I know I’m famous.” I said while wiggling my eyebrows. She looked at me with annoyed look and look away with a heavy sigh.

‘Not again..’ I said to myself. I scoot closer to her and stare at her face. She ignores my stares and continued doing her homework. “Hyoyeon ..” I called her. “Hyoyeon ah..” I called her again and still she ignores it. “Hyoyeonniee ..” I used my aegyo this time but still she ignores me. I looked at her and called her again. “Baby, look at me.” I said softly. I grab her arms and made her face slowly.

She had frown on her face and she didn’t bother to look at me at all. I held both of her hands and kiss it tenderly. “Baby, it just a smile to a friend. There’s no meaning behind it. Don’t you trust me?” I ask her while looking at her with soft gaze. She looked back at me with sad eyes. “I love you Kim Hyoyeon and it will always be. I’m not going to lie. I think I smile a lot now. Why? It because of you. You are the reason why I wore this smile every day. It always has been you behind this smile, no one else. I’m your school badass remember? Well does school badass need to keep their face straight all the time?” I said jokingly. Smiles slowly start to form on her face. She likes it when I made stupid jokes about being a school badass. “There you go. Smile for me. Now tell me what my princess wants to do today?”

She took her hand and taps it on her chin. ‘Cute.’ I thought to myself. “Let’s watch movies Syoo. It’s been awhile since we watch one.” She said while looks at me with her eyes full of hope. Lately she’s been bugging me to go and watch movies with her, why? She wanted to watch Step Up movie. Dance type movie and she will completely ignore me inside the cinemas.

“Step Up movie huh?” I ask her and she nodded furiously. “Okay. I will let this one be since you’ve been bugging me lately to watch this movie so let’s go. Pack up your bags.” I said coolly. She packed up her bags in a split second and smile like a fool.

“I’m done. Let’s go.” Hyoyeon showed her infamous Totoro smile to me.

“You really wanted to watch that movie baby?” I said while smiling at her cuteness. “Alright. Let’s go.”  I extend my hand to her. She looks at my hand and ignores it. I look at my hand and shrugged it off. I walked ahead and left Hyoyeon standing behind.

I heard a loud footsteps coming from behind me and she slowly slide her fingers between mine. “I thought you don’t want to hold my hand?” I look at her while smiling like a fool.

Hyoyeon look at me and kiss my cheek. I start to blush and feeling a bit shy. I always feel a bit shy whenever she kissed me on the cheek. “Thank you Sooyoung. Thank you for everything. I know words can't even explain how I feel but I’m really thankful to you Syoo. Most people don't understand me, but you do Syoo. I’m glad you’re still here with me. I love you so much and please don’t go away from me.” Hyoyeon said those last words while giving me her soft gaze.

I hug her softly and kiss the crown of her head. “I won’t go anywhere baby. Trust me. I will always be here. I promise.” I can senses she smile happily at my words. “Now, meet you at the theatre!” I let go of her and run as fast I can.

“CHOI SOOYOUNG! HOW DARE YOU! WAIT FOR ME YOU GIANT!” She shouted at me while keep fasten her paces.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author’s POV

 

Sooyoung smile sadly at the memories they’ve made. Sooyoung look at her table her food wasn’t there yet. Sooyoung looked inside the restaurant and see the waitress carrying her food. The waitress seems on rush and panic. She’s trembling hard while bringing the tray to Sooyoung.

“Hey calm down.” Sooyoung said to the waitress.

“Sorry for make you wait. There’s something happen inside.” The waitress said while putting Sooyoung food on the table.

“Oh. What happen? It seems hectic in there.” Sooyoung said while looking at the inside of café. She sees a girl and a man fighting at the corner of the café. Sooyoung mouth gaped widely when she sees the man slap the girl. Sooyoung can’t see clearly that girl face since her back is facing Sooyoung. “That man is no good for women to be honest.” She pointed at the couple.

The waitress eyeing Sooyoung and when Sooyoung change her gaze back at her, she looked away and blushes. “Is there something wrong Miss --?” Sooyoung look at the waitress name tag. “Sandara? Oh, is there something Miss Sandara?”

“Nothing’s wrong. You look familiar that’s all. Oh here.” Dara gave Sooyoung a pamphlet about the hotel New Year celebration. “It will be held on the night of 31st December at our ballroom. Ask your family or friends to come along and the theme is masquerade.”

“Are you going Miss Sandara?” Sooyoung asked in not really flirty tone.

“Huh? Hmm, maybe. I’m afraid I have to work that night. But we’ll see.” Dara smile at Sooyoung. “I have to go. Hope to see you here again.” Dara bowed at Sooyoung.

As Dara walk away, Sooyoung called her again. “Hey. Can I have your number?” Sooyoung asked in cheekily way. Dara walked back to Sooyoung table and wrote her number on pieces of paper.

 

“010-XXXX-XXXX

-Sandara-“

 

“Thank you. I’ll call you then.” Sooyoung said to her and Dara nodded slowly. After Dara walked away from her table, Sooyoung start to eat her breakfast without noticing the girl who had fight at the corner of the café just now is watching her with tears of pain mixed anger and hatred full in her eyes.

 

-TBC-

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N ; Here's double update for everyone. See you on next chapter! More to come and Sorry if it's doesn't good. Hope you enjoy reading it! Yo Peace Out!