Chapter 5

Like We Used To

The Holidays

 

Author’s POV

 

 

The four best friends are now settling in their hotel rooms, they choose Bora Bora Islands as their destination. Yoona and Sooyoung are in one room while Taeyeon and Jessica in one room.

“Ahh~ Finally, a holiday!” Jessica said while slumped herself to bed while Taeyeon is busy admiring the sea view at their hotel balcony. Sooyoung and Yoona enter their and join Sica on bed.

“Unnie, what are we going to do here?” Yoona asked Jessica.

“Well for now. Let’s sleep. I need my beauty sleep.”

“Ahhh, Sica Unnie we came here for holiday. Not to fill our time with sleeping.” Yoona burst out and made Sooyoung and Taeyeon laugh at her.

“Yah, sleeping is the most important thing in life. Now go away. I need to sleep.” Jessica said while waving her hand.

“Correction! It’s the most important thing to you Jessica Jung.” Sooyoung stated. “Taenggoo, Yoong let’s stroll around the resort and let this sleepy head sleep all she want.” Sooyoung dragged both out from the room.

After heard the door closed, Jessica wake up and see her surroundings. “They’re gone. Finally I can sleep peacefully.” Jessica said and slowly let herself into dreamland.

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Jessica’s Dream

‘It’s my life, with whom I’m with, with whom I’m dealing with, with whom I’m having with, it’s none of your business.’

‘It is my business! You’re my girlfriend! What the hell were you thinking Tiff?! I thought you loved me! What happen to you?’

‘So now you care? Now you care! Have you ever thought of me when you banging her! Have you ever thought of me when you drool over her?!’

‘Huh? What are you talking about? Who’s ‘her’?’

‘Don’t act like you’re innocent Jessica! You think I’m stupid? You think I wouldn’t know what you did behind my back! F*** Jessica. You’re good when you’re hiding your true self. What else did you hide from me? What now you’re having the third girlfriend?’

‘What are you talking about Stephanie? Me having someone else? What’s wrong with you? I love you. I don’t have anyone else behind your back. It’s always you. Just y—‘

PAK!

‘Love? Do you even know what love is? You know, you and your so called ex-girlfriend can go to hell! Don’t! I mean don’t ever showed your face in front of me again! I’m done with you Jessica! I’m done!’

‘Tiff! Don’t go! Tiff! Listen to me! Tiff stop don’t go! Don’t go! Stephanie!’

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

REALITY

 

“Stephanie!” Jessica jolted up from bed. Her hands slowly reach her chest. Her heart beat fast like it almost explode. Her tears slowly flow down on her cheeks.

“Don’t go..” She closed her eyes while whispering it. She bit her lips to control her tears from flowing. She needs to get used with Tiffany’s absence. She need to endure the pain she felt.

After calming herself down, Jessica decided to go for a walk. She let her legs led her. She walks till her eyes met the most beautiful sunset. She walks to the sea and took a sit at a shady tree. She watched the sunset went down slowly. 

“I thought you were the one who said we need to find someone new here.  But here you are reminiscing your memory with her.” That person said and took a seat next to her.

“I can’t help it. She kept bugging my mind lately. I don’t know why.” Jessica smile and stared at sunset view in front of her. Sooyoung sat next to her and enjoy the view with her.

“Sica-ah, do you ever thought the reason on why they left us?” Sooyoung asked softly.

“Every day Soo and from the day she left till now, every morning when I saw empty space beside me, I will always ask myself, where did I do wrong till she left ..” Jessica sighed. Jessica saw Sooyoung playing with a ring on her finger. “Do you ever thought of throwing that ring away Soo?”

“If only I have guts to throw it away.” Sooyoung take out her ring and traced the engraved name in it.

‘KHY’S’

Sooyoung smiled sadly. “KHY’S and CSY’S . Before this she claimed me as her’s while she’s mine. We bought this ring on our two years anniversary. I still remember words that she said on that day.”

‘If you took out this ring meaning that I’m no longer in your heart Choi Sooyoung’

 Sooyoung took out her necklace and let the ring slide thru the chain. She wore the necklace back and keeps it in her shirt. “It does feel weird.” She said while rubbing her ring finger.

“What made you said that?” Jessica asked

“Well, it’s been 3 years. This ring never left my ring finger since the first day I wore it. Now instead of wearing it, I make it as a charm to my necklace. It feels empty. Just like me.”

Jessica rubbed Sooyoung’s back and stared back at the view. “Let time heal us Soo. You will get used to it. Just like me, Yoona and Taeyeon.”

“Can we get over them Sica-ah?”

“Of course we can. It’s up to us Soo. We are the one who need to choose either to stay or let go. If it’s the best for you to let go, then let go. If you choose to stay and keep on waiting, then stay.” Jessica stated softly.

“Are you over her Sica-ah?”

Jessica scoffed and smiled sadly. “I’m not and I believe one day if times come maybe I will.”

 

----------------------------------------

 

Next Morning

 

“When will the meeting start?” She asked her workers in cold tone. It almost 2 hours yet the meeting still didn’t start.

“It will start in 2 hours. Sorry for the delay Miss Lee.”

“It’s okay. Oh, can you give me the name list of the company that will attend this meeting?” Her secretary passes to her the name lists. She looks thru it and smile. “Looks like the Hwang’s, Kwon’s and Kim’s are here. I’m not alone then.” She passed the paper back to her secretary and stood up. “I’m going to stroll around here for a bit. Ring me if the meeting starts early.”

She walks out from her room and walk around the hotel. When she walked nearing the swimming pool side her eyes caught one figure that’s so familiar to her. That figure is currently drawing and facing the sea. She furrowed her eye brows and thinking hard. ‘This person back. Why does it seem really familiar?’ She decided to walk a little bit closer to the figure.

She gasped hard when she saw her. She should’ve had known that figure was the person that she never wanted to see in her whole life after what that person had done to her. ‘What is she doing here? Is she following me? Aish. No way. We never met after I left her.’ Sunny ask inside her mind. She decided to go near the person and ask that person reason.

As she walked closer, she sees a lot of things have change on that person. That person is wearing torn jeans, black boots, white shirt, and she did bun to her hair. ‘She changed her hair color. She looks so skinny and mess. She changed a lot in two years. Wait, wait. why would I care?’ Sunny thought.

“Kim Taeyeon.” Sunny called her in cold tone.

Taeyeon turned around and widen her eyes. ‘Sun—Sunny..’ Taeyeon thought to herself

“What are you doing here?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer her. Instead she looks at her. She tried to answer her by mumbling the words but no words coming out from .

“I’m asking you Kim Taeyeon. Why are you here? Are you following me?” Sunny raised her voice a bit.

Taeyeon still looking at her while trying to remember every part of Sunny’s beautiful face. is moving to say word but still nothing comes out.

 

SPLASH!

 

Taeyeon snapped back to reality after hearing loud splash from the swimming pool. Taeyeon start to shake in fear. To her seeing Sunny in front of her now is such bliss but she’s afraid. She gathered all her stuff and run back to hotel lobby.

“Yah, Kim Taeyeon!” Sunny chase her. She heard a loud footstep behind and she fastens her speed to the lift. The lift door almost closes. She throws one palm to stop the door lift and pressed the close button rapidly. After the door close, she slide down thru the lift walls and took a deep breathe. ‘Why is she here?’ Taeyeon thought.

 

------------------------------------------

 

After finishing all her errands, Sunny went back to her room and collapsed on her bed. ‘Why is she running away from me? Nahh, not that I’m concern about it.’ Sunny thought.

 

Ding Dong!

 

“Who would come at this time? Coming!” Sunny shouted. She opened the door and revealed her other 2 friends that she’s been waiting for.  

“Yo bunny whatsup!” Yuri showed high five to her.

“Yah, did you know what time is it? And why didn’t you two attend the meeting? Where’s Fany?” Sunny asked

“Can you slow down? Okay here’s the thing, our flight got delay plus this choding here having fight with her boyfriend. And Miyoung, she’s still on schedule. She’ll be arriving here on 3 days.” Yuri stated in one breath.

Sunny widen her eyes and tried to install everything Yuri said. She looked at Hyoyeon who had this very gloomy expression on her face. “And you Kim Hyoyeon, what’s up with that gloomy face?”

“I don’t want to talk about it.” Hyoyeon said and sighed. She stood up from the couch and lied down on Sunny’s bed.

“Yah, yah. Go to your own room.” Sunny said while lying next to Hyoyeon.

“Our room has been cancelled it reservation. So we’re going to sleep here tonight. Good night Soonkyu.” Yuri said while slide under the comforter.

‘Aigoo, what am I going to do with these trollers. Thank god this bed fit us three.’ Sunny thought and slowly drift to her dreamland.

 

-------------------------------------

 

 

It’s been 3 days since they’ve been here for their vacation Jessica sense Taeyeon acting really weird around them. She’s spacing out a lot. She always stares at her sketchbook without drawing it. She tried to scribble things but end up crumpled the sheets and throw it away. It’s been awhile since she saw Taeyeon in this kind of state.

She’s been watching her from afar. Jessica worried it might affect her. The main purpose they brought Taeyeon here is to help Taeyeon to talk again. Right now, Taeyeon sitting at the bench near the sea. She stares at the sea with her sketchbook on her hand and spacing out again. Jessica went to the empty seat next to Taeyeon. Neither of them wanted to start the conversation. Jessica looked at Taeyeon who seems deep in her thought.

“Taeyeon ah, it’s been awhile since I saw you in this kind of state. What happen? What’s bothering you?”

Taeyeon sigh and open up her sketchbook. She went to the page she drew Sunny portraits. She pointed at the drawing.

Jessica looked at the drawing and furrowed her eyebrows. “Sunny?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“What happen? Tell me.”

Taeyeon take her pen and went to the empty pages on the books.

‘I saw her.’

“You saw her? Here? Here in Bora Bora?”

Taeyeon nodded.

“Are you sure it’s her? Or maybe it just your illusion?”

‘Yeah, my illusion just come to me and asked why I’m here.’ Taeyeon sigh.

Jessica rubs her hand to calm her down. “Tell me. What happen when you see her?”

‘I run ..’

Jessica smile sadly. “Why’d you run? You should face her Taeyeon ah.”

‘I know but I don’t know why I run from her. I’m afraid.’ Taeyeon bit her lips to prevent herself from crying.

“Taeyeon ah, I’m here, so does Sooyoung and Yoong. Faced her and ask her why. Now tell me what you afraid of?” Jessica said.

Taeyeon sighed and scribbled her notebook. While writing the notes, her tears keep on flowing. She wipes it but still it’s flowing, she continued wrote to let Jessica knew what she fears of. Jessica rubs her best friend to calm her down. Taeyeon gave Jessica her note book and she starts reading it.

‘I don’t know it just when I faced her, I got this feeling, a feeling that she will go away from me again. That’s why I run, I don’t want to face the fact that she wasn’t mine anymore. I just want her back Sica ah.. It hurts me to let it go, all the memories and everything. Memories are all I got when I’m with her. I tried to hold onto everything I got when I’m with her, hoping she will come back but there’s no her. Sica ah, what should I do? I love her too much and I can’t even let her go.’

Jessica looks at Taeyeon who’s been sobbing hard. Jessica hugs her and rubs Taeyeon back to calms her down. “ Shh.. shh.. Calm down Taeyeon ah.. I know how it feels.” Taeyeon shook her head in Jessica embraces. “Taeyeon, look at me. Look at me.” Jessica said while cupping Taeyeon face. “There’s nothing we could do. Try Taeyeon ah .. Try to let her go.. I know it’s hard. If you tried before then try a little bit harder. Remember we’re in this together. You, me, Sooyoung, and Yoona. We are here for you. Don’t ever think that you’re alone. Now don’t cry. She didn’t worth any of your tears. Okay?” Jessica said softly.

Taeyeon nodded. She stood up and walk towards the sea. She stood there and closed her eyes. ‘Should I let you go Sunny?’  She muttered without making any sound.

 

-TBC-

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A/N ; Hello there lovely people! Okay okay. I know it's been awhile since I update. Something came up on my semester break and now I already starting my class and assignments is killing me. Actually, i wanted to update on the 1st of January but Yoona and Seunggi news made my YoonYul heart shattered a bit but I'm happy for her. I really am. I had a new story about the recent event. Should I update it? Oh and as an apology gift to all of you. I'll make it double update for this story. Hope you enjoy reading it ^_^v ! Yo peace out!