Chapter 7.1

Like We Used To

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

RING RING! RING RING!

 

I open my eyes and start to search for the source of the sound. I picked up the hotel phone. “Hello..” I answered in my raspy voice.

“Hello. It’s me. Meet me at the café downstairs. We need to talk.”

I widen my eyes and started to get annoyed. “How did you know that I’m here?” I said in pissed tone. I tried to get away from him, still he can find me. “Okay don’t need to answer. You had your way. I know. Meet you downstairs.” I hung up the phone and get ready to meet him.

I look at myself in the mirror and I realise how mess I became. Work, families and love mixed in one. I just don’t know why I’m doing this. I tried to get away from him for quite some time now. Why? I’m just tired with these entire relationship things. After I caught him with another woman, I know I should go away from him. But I choose to stay. I tried to find the reason why I stay but I got none.

I sighed and got into the showers. I stared at the walls in front of me and sigh heavily. After two years trying to love this guy, I realise he’s nothing compares to her. This guy does understood what I need, what I like, what I don’t like but there’s one thing he doesn’t know. How to show his love to me compares to her. She never failed to shower me with all her love but Joon Hyung, he’s not that type who gives or showed all his love. To him money comes first before love. He even said it in front of me.

To be honest I miss how people put me first before anything and the only person who did that is her. My family never put me as their first but she did. She put me as her first priority. She will do anything to make me happy and I miss how happy I was back then.  I still love her, I know but I keep telling my heart. Sooyoung is no longer deserved to be in there. I wish I never left the country that time and I wish those things never happen to me and her.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback

 

Author’s POV

 

Hyoyeon curled on her bed and crying when she receive an envelope from unknown person which consist photos of Sooyoung and an unknown girl kissing in front of Sooyoung house. Her heart broke into pieces when she saw those pictures. She never thought the one she loved did this to her.

Right now she wished she never left the country and she wish she stayed with Sooyoung instead of coming here. Her heart clenched every time she look at the pictures. She took the picture and tore all the pictures into pieces. She cries even harder when she remembers all Sooyoung sweet words.

She should have known that Sooyoung is just using her. She should have known when back in high school, all her schoolmates keep saying to her that Sooyoung is a playgirl that keep playing with all the girls heart. She should have trust her schoolmates.

Hyoyeon grab her phone and send a text message to Sooyoung.

 

‘I’m done.

I’m done with you.

I’m done with us.

I should have known WHO you are.

I’m letting you go, I’m letting THIS go.

I know you will do the same and I believe you already did.

Thank you so much Choi Sooyoung.’

 

Hyoyeon pressed the send button and put away her phone. A few moments later, Sooyoung called her. She ignores all Sooyoung calls. Hyoyeon keep on crying till she can’t take it anymore. She grabbed her phone and throws it at the wall hard. She cried even harder and screams all over the room. She had enough. She can’t take it anymore. She let the phone that had turn into pieces lay on the ground and cries to sleep.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Presents

 

Hyoyeon shook her head at the memories. It’s the memories she doesn’t want to remember the most. She took a deep breath and walk into the café. She walk to the corner of the café and been greeted with her boyfriend. Joon Hyung stood up and being a gentleman, he helps Hyoyeon with the chair. “Thank you.” Hyoyeon said coldly. Hyoyeon looks at Joon Hyung who had smiles on his face. Hyoyeon shook her head and look at the outside.

“What do you want to have? The usual one?” Joon Hyung asks nicely. Hyoyeon nods. Joon Hyung shook his head and tried to control his anger. After done ordering, Joon Hyung looks at Hyoyeon who ignores his presence. “Baby. I’m sorry.”

Hyoyeon look at him and scoffed. “What are you sorry for? Did you make a mistake?” Hyoyeon said in sarcastic tone.

“I’m trying to be nice here. I’m sorry okay.”

“Are we done? I’m tired.” Hyoyeon stood from her chair and Joon Hyung grabs her arms and squeeze it tight till it leave marks.

“Stop.” Joon Hyung said in cold tone.

“Let me go!” Hyoyeon tried to pull away her arms. She struggled to let her arms go. “Let me go! It’s hurts!”

“STOP! I SAID STOP!” Joon Hyung shouts inside the café and made others customers looked at them

 

PAK!

 

Joon Hyung let go of his hand and slap Hyoyeon hard. Joon Hyung eyes are fuming in anger. Hyoyeon covered her face and look hatefully at Joon Hyung. Joon Hyung took all his stuff and walk away from the table leaving Hyoyeon standing at the table alone.

Hyoyeon took a sit and bit her lips to bear the pain and not letting herself cry. She took a deep breath and look outside of the window. The view that she’s seeing right is breaking her hearts even more.

“Sooyoung..” Hyoyeon said slowly. Her tears suddenly flow down when she sees Sooyoung showing her charming smile to the waitress girl. Those smile that Sooyoung always showed to her. She looks at Sooyoung sadly, full with anger and hatred. She wished she never saw it. Hyoyeon took all her stuff and run out from the café. She walks as fast as she could, leaving that sick view behind.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Four of them are now having barbeque at the beach. They sit there and talk about everything. Jessica starts to tell Sooyoung about her, Taeyeon and Yoona meeting their ex- girlfriend.

“WHAT! ALL OF YOU MET YOUR EX GIRLFRIEND HERE?” Sooyoung shout out loud.

“Ouch, Unnie! You’re too loud.” Yoona said while rub her ears.

“Wait a minute. If Sunny, Yuri and Tiffany are here, meanings that..” Sooyung cupped in shock.

“There’s a chance that she’s also here Soo.” Jessica said softly. Sooyoung stood up and ruffles her hair.

“What should we do unnie?” Yoona ask her unnies.

“Should we stay indoors then?” Sooyoung said.

 “Let’s pretend like nothing happen and enjoy this vacation.” Jessica stated while looking at the other three. “Guys remember we are here for vacation not to mess up our mind again. Let them be. We had our own business here. So do them.” The other three nodded at Jessica statement.

Sooyoung stared at the fire bon that they made and she remembered that Dara gave her pamphlet about New Year celebration. “You know, I got this pamphlet about the hotel New Year celebration. It’s kind of interesting. The theme is masquerade and maybe we can ..” Sooyoung wiggle her eyebrows.

The three of them smile sheepishly at Sooyoung words and they thought about it for a while. “So? How’s that sound? Us four? Masquerade? Being mystery? A new girl maybe?” Sooyoung tempt them again.

“It sounds a great plan actually. Since we didn’t do anything here, maybe we should loosen up a bit.” Jessica said coolly. “How about you two? Taenggoo? Yoong?”

“I’m in!” Yoona said while rising up her hand. The other three look at Taeyeon who’s looking right back at them.

Taeyeon took out her note book and wrote on it. ‘If there’s a y , then count me in.’ The other three made are-you-kidding-me face to Taeyeon when they see Taeyeon’s note. ‘Forgive me and my to . I can’t help it.’

“Byuntae!” Jessica flicked Taeyeon’s head. Taeyeon smile like a dork when Jessica called her byuntae. It’s been awhile she acted like one. All of them feels glad and smile when they see Taeyeon smiling again.

Yoona looked at Taeyeon and smile sweetly. How she glad she can see Taeyeon smiling again. “Taeyeon Unnie, please smile always. I miss see you smiling Unnie.”

Taeyeon nodded and smile. Yoona is like their closest dongsaeng. They love Yoona and care for Yoona like their own flesh blood. Taeyeon ruffled Yoona hair and made Yoona pout. “Come. Let’s toast for our unhappy life and let’s wish for a great one next time.” Sooyoung said while rising up her can of beer.

“For our unhappy life and a better ones next time” Says Yoona and Jessica. They toast the drinks and continue their barbeque party till late night. They talk and laugh about their high school life and about their ex-girlfriend. They never kept secret between each other.

“Unnie, you know if I have a girlfriend right now, there’s one thing I want to do on the night of 31st December.” They put their attention to Yoona. “I want to kiss my girlfriend on 11.59 p.m. until 12.01 a.m.”

“Why Yoong? There’s other thing you can do but why you choose a kiss? And why it just three minutes?”

“Those three minutes. It means a lot when you kiss the one you love.” Yoona said while sipping her drinks. “But too bad, I’m single. Hmm, where are all the ladies when you need them?”

“That is why we had to go out and chilling. You know, where em’ girls at?” Sooyoung said coolly. The four of them laugh at Sooyoung jokes.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

31st December 2013

 

The four of them are already in tuxedo that they bought from the town. Jessica and Taeyeon are in white tuxedo with white mask while Yoona and Sooyoung are in black tuxedo with black mask. All four of them had different kind of hairstyle. Jessica and Taeyeon had their hair done like a boy but still keeping their long hair so does Sooyoung and Yoona.

They walk into the ballroom and people starting to look and talk about them.

 

“Wow! They are so handsome!”

“Who is this four charming guy?”

“The tall one is so charismatic.”

“No. The short one is more charismatic.”

 

They look at Taeyeon who heard the conversation. They see Taeyeon pout and sulking. The other three shook their head at their oldest unnie. “Unnie, do we look like a man in this?” Yoona whispered to Jessica.

Jessica looks behind her and sees a woman looking at her while waving and mumbling ‘Hi handsome.’ Jessica smile awkwardly and turn back to them “I think we are. Let’s split up.” Yoona went to the balcony, Sooyoung went to find Dara, while Jessica and Taeyeon went to mini bar.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Drink Sir?” The waiter asks Yoona. She nodded and took a glass a wine from the tray. She walks from the ballroom and stroll at the balcony outside. She’s not in mood to enjoy the New Year party, despite that she’s alone and no one next to her is killing her. She took a sit at an empty bench that located near the door to the ballroom. She looked around while sipping her drinks.

While busying looking at her surroundings, a person tap her shoulder. “May I sit here?” That person asks her sweetly in Korean. Yoona turn around and unconsciously smile when she see a beautiful girl wearing short black dress and black mask covering her beautiful eyes.

“Oh. Sure.” Yoona scoot a bit to let the beautiful girl seat next to her.

Yoona stared at the view in front of her until the girl start the conversation. “I see that you’re not a party person.” The girl said while sipping her drinks.

“Actually I am. It just I’m not in mood to partying right now, that’s all. You’re alone?”

“Do I have someone else next to me?” The girl said while looking to her left and right side and made Yoona chuckled.

“Nothing, it’s impossible for a beautiful girl like you came to this party alone.” Yoona shrugged while sip her drinks.

“Well, it’s impossible for a handsome girl like you came here to this party alone.” The girl said in flirt tone and made Yoona look at her and smirk.

“Are you trying to seduce me Miss?” Yoona ask sweetly.

“Is it working?” The girl said winking at Yoona.

Yoona gestured the girl to come closer and whisper to her ears seductively. “If I said it’s working, what would I get in repay?”

The girl flinch a bit when Yoona whisper to her ears. She looks back Yoona and smile seductively. She took out a piece of paper and a pen and write on it. “Here’s my room number. Hope you can come.” That girl said while passed Yoona the notes. She stood up and gesture Yoona to do the same. She gesture Yoona to come closer. “I’m Se Kyung by the way and you are?”

“Yoona.” Yoona offered Se Kyung a handshake and Se Kyung shake her hand back.

Se Kyung pulled Yoona closer and whisper at Yoona’s ear. “I’ll be expecting your presence later Love.” Se Kyung said and left Yoona standing there alone.

Yoona looks at the note that Se Kyung left her and looks at Se Kyung way. She start to think about dirty thought that she going to have with Se Kyung tonight. As she smiling at her thought, Taeyeon and Jessica who has been eyeing Yoona from afar, walk closer to Yoona to .

“Someone is going to have her one night stand tonight.” Jessica said while whistling.

‘You better go now Yoong or else you going to ruin the night. Get what I mean?’ Taeyeon showed her small note book while wiggling her eyebrows. Jessica laughs out loud when she sees Taeyeon notes, she high five Taeyeon and Taeyeon also laughing hard at Yoona right now.

“Unnie! Stop teasing me!” Yoona said while covers her face.

“Yo guys. What did I miss?” Sooyoung said while appearing next to Yoona.

“Our Yoona has grown up. She got herself a one night stand with such a beautiful girl.” Jessica said while faking tears.

“Wow Yoona. That fast? Good luck our dongsaeng!” Sooyoung said while patted Yoona’s shoulder.

“Unnie. You should stop teasing me.” Yoona pout and sulk.

“Yoong. I think you should go now. Don’t make a girl wait too long, they don’t like it.” Jessica said.

“Oh right. I should go now. See you later Unnies.” Yoona said while sip her last drinks and walk away from her unnies.

“Yoong! Tell us the detail later!” Sooyoung shout at Yoona.

 

-TBC-

 

Author's Note; Double Updatfor everyone!