Chapter 3

Like We Used To

Author’s POV

 

Flashback

 

A figure biting her lips while looking through her documents on the table. She didn’t know her work will become this hard and complicated. She’s too deep in her work she didn’t realise another figure coming into her office. That figure look at her and smile unconsciously. That figure smile went wider she saw figure who busy jotting down her documents furrowed her eyes brows cutely. ‘Why’d you have to be so cute Yoongie..’ That figure thought. That figure decided to tease Yoona. She went behind her chair slowly and went closer to her ears.

“BOO!”

Yoona scream out loud, she tossed her files to the air and closed her ears. She then look to her left and she felt her eyes coming out from its socket. Yoona looked at the figure who’s been laughing hard at her.

“OMO YOONG! You should’ve seen your face! HAHAHAHA” That figure said while holding her stomach and laugh hard at Yoona.

“Ahhh Yuri Unnie ! It’s not funny!” Yoona pouted and sulk. She furrowed her brows cutely.

“Aigoo. Mianhae Yoongie ahh ..” Yuri rub her tears and went closer to Yoona to hug her. Yoona shoved her body and continue sulking. Yuri pouted and tugging the hem of Yoona shirt. “Yoona-ah .. I’m sorry.” Yoona looked at Yuri finally give up sulking after saw Yuri puppy eyes.

“Arasso .. Arasso .. Aigoo how can I stand mad at you baby..” Yoona tap on her lap. Yuri giggle and sit on Yoona lap. Slowly Yoona arms wrap around Yuri’s waist.

“I know you can’t resist me.” Yuri said while lay her back to Yoona’s body.

“Yuri ah, what are you doing here ?” Asked Yoona.

“Wae ? I can’t visit my hubby? Okay then I’m going.” Yuri made a heartless face and stood up from Yoona lap. Yoona tried to pull Yuri back but Yuri shoved her hands and walk towards the door. Yoona run to Yuri and turn Yuri around. Their face was few inches away and they can feel each other breathe. Yoona slowly push Yuri till her back meeting the door.

Yoona stared deeply into those brown orbs and left Yuri stunned for awhile. Yoona smirked and went to Yuri’s ear and whisper. “You really wanted to leave?” Yuri can feel Yoona breath at her ears and it turn her on a bit. Yuri slowly shook her head. Yoona pull away from Yuri and walk back to her chair like nothing happen. “Why’d you stand there? Come here baby.” Yoona said while smirking.

Yuri realised she’s been fooled by Yoona. “Yah! Im Yoona! You shouldn’t do that!” Yuri shouts and huffed.

“Aigoo my baby is mad. Okay okay. I’m sorry. Just teasing you baby.” Yoona chuckle cutely.

“Don’t do that again ..” Yuri said slowly but loud enough for Yoona to hear her.

“Why ?” Yoona smiled and look at Yuri with lovely stare.

Yuri shook her head cutely. Yoona stood up and went to Yuri. “Miss Kwon, would like to have lunch with me?” She asked while holding Yuri’s hand.

Yuri smile at her lover silliness. “Silly Yoong. Of course. That’s the main purpose why I’m here. Since you didn’t call me or text me to invite me for lunch, I decided to come here to check on you. Who knows your keeping something from me..”

“Aigoo .. I’m sorry baby. I lost the track of time. I didn’t realise its almost lunch time. No I didn’t keep anything from you. You don’t trust me ?” Yoona pouted.

Yuri smile sweetly and Yoona cheek.“I trust you Miss Im. So shall we ?” Yuri linked her hand to Yoona and drag her out from the office.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoona's POV

 

 

Presents

 

 

 

*Drip*

 

*Drip*

 

*Drip*

I look up and sigh heavily. ‘Just like that day’ I thought. I’ve been sitting in rain in quite awhile now. Neither umbrella nor raincoats to cover me. I like to walk and sit in rain even though my unnies said it will harm me. I don’t care. At least rain calmed me. Its cold but it give me chilly feelings. Rain reminds me of that day. That day when she left me for someone else. That day when my nightmare come true. I keep having the same nightmare all over again. It kept bugging me all night. I will end up waking up screaming in pain and crying. It pained me so much till I can’t bare it anymore. Every night I feel like my soul is ripping out from my body.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback

 

That day was just same like yesterday. We were smiling, laughing, and teasing each other like we always did. We walked till we reach at the bridge where I first say that I loved her. Yuri turns around and faced me and I’m meeting that brown orbs again. To me it’s the most beautiful brown orbs that I ever seen in life. Somehow today that brown orbs seems sad and unreadable. It has mixed feelings and doubt.

"Yoong .." She called. I knew something was wrong. Her tone was different. I kept up and give her a soft look a sign for her to continue. She held my hand tightly. "Yoong, lets .. lets break up.."

‘Did I hear it right?’ I start to furrow my brows. "You must be kidding right ?" I said to her jokingly. She didn’t answer instead she looked down and bit her lips. "Yul, you must be joking right ? Aren't you Yul ?" I hold her hand tightly and thinking this was another joke from her.

"No Yoong. I'm leaving." She let go of my hand and take a step back from me. "I'm sorry Yoong. It hurts me and I realise that this thing, I mean us isn’t going anywhere isn't going anywhere."

"What you labelled us as a thing ? A thing ? Yul what did I do ? What did I do till you wanted to leave me ?" I took a step closer to her and try to hold her hands again. She slowly pushes my hand away from her.

She stares at me like she’s throwing daggers at me and seems like I annoyed her. "I have someone else and you changed. You’re not Yoona that I know and it hurts me. You hurt me." She raised her voice and point at me.

"What did I do Yul ? Tell me Yul. Tell me. Tell me so that I can fix it. Tell me." Yoona plead at her and a lone tears escape from her doe eyes.

"You changed Im Yoona and it hurts me. I.. I don't love you anymore and please stop this and I don't need someone who can't give me a family and a happiness that I've been longing for." With that she slowly walked away from me. I feel like heavy burden came and push me to ground. I went down on my knees and let the lone tears escape.

 

*Drip*

 

*Drip*

 

*Drip*

 

 

I look up and rain start to fall. Drop by drop start to flow down on my face covering the tears that I shed. I feel everything going into slow motion. I stare at her way and hoping she will come back and tell me it was a joke. But no, no one’s coming from her way. Not even a single soul. My breath start to become shorter as I feel my soul has trapped in a cage with no airway and it pained me so bad. I clench my chest hoping the pain will go away. I start to feel cold and empty.

“What did I do ?” I start to questioned myself. I don’t know for how long I’ve been kneeling and crying in the rain, hoping she’ll come back and hold me again. I start to give up on waiting. My eyes start to become heavy. My body start to give up on me. Slowly I let myself fall to ground and let the rain fall on me.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Presents

 

I start to open eyes when I feel someone covering me from rain. “How many time did I told you not to sit rain Yoong.”

“How did you know I’m here Unnie..” I said slowly, avoiding her gaze.

“I know you will come here. Mmm can I join you ?” She asked me softly. I nodded and tapped empty spaces next to me. “Yoong, why did you love rain so much ?”

I smiled sadly and stared at the view in front of me. “It calmed me.” I said slowly. “Sica unnie .. did you missed Fany unnie ?”

“I miss her so much Yoong. So much I think I might die.” She said softly.

“What did you do when you missed her ?” She chuckled bitterly and didn’t answer my question. “I miss her unnie. I miss Yuri so much. That’s why I sit here in rain hoping the pain will go away. Hoping that she will come back again.”

“Yoong..”

“Unnie, I’ve been asking myself what did I do till she left me. It hurts. It hurts so bad unnie. I.. I don’t know where did I go wrong till she left me..” I put my head on Sica unnie shoulders and let my tears escape again. Sica unnie didn’t answer me instead she slowly put her head on my head and cry along with me. I know she’s hurt even more than me. We stayed in that position till rain stop and Sica unnie carried me home since my knees gone weak because of sitting for too long.

‘Yuri ah.. tell me what did I do till you left me..’

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-TBC-

A/N : A short update about Yoonyul past. I will try to update about Jeti's and Hyoyoung past in one. Sorry if its a bit boring than before. Enjoy reading. Till next time. Peace out.