Chapter 4

Like We Used To

Caution : Long Chapter ahead.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“Yah! Yah! Open the door!” I heard someone shout from the outside of the car. For how long I’ve been sleeping inside here. I ignore the shouting though that voice seems familiar to me. “Jessica Jung! You better open this car door or else I will break your precious BMW car door!” My eyes wide open. ‘Not my car idiot!’ I look at the window I can’t see anyone through it. I look around my car and realize the car window has been filled with fog.

I wiped the window and see three pairs of eyes fuming with anger staring at me. I gulped but keep myself steady. I went out from the car and stretch myself. “Mmm. What do you want?” I said while rubbed my eyes.

“Yah! What are you doing here at this time! Do you even know what time is it! Why the heck you drive to here while your office and our house are not that far! You can sleep on a comfy mattress but why’s you choose your car seat! Are you stupid!” There you go Choi Sooyoung has bombarded me with dozen of questions.

“Unnie, why didn’t you pick up our call? We were so worried unnie. We thought something happen to you. We looked everywhere still there’s no sign of you.” Yoona said while furrowed her eyebrows.

“What time is it guys?”

“It’s almost 12 midnight stupid! You didn’t text nor call us to tell us where you at.” I widen my eyes and looked around. ‘How long I’ve been here? I think it just evening when I fell asleep.’

“Taeyeon unnie said to search at the cliff. And thank god you were here unnie” Yoona said and Taeyeon nodded.

“I’m just taking a fresh air and since I’m too lazy to drive, I decided to sleep here for awhile. I never thought I will be this long.” I said and looked at Sooyoung who controlling her anger towards me.

‘We were just worried about you Sica-ah.. You never come home late.’ Taeyeon wrote in her notebook. I feel guilty for not telling them where I’ve been.

“Mianhae Sooyoung-ah. Mianhae Yoona-ah. Mianhae Taeyeon-ah.” I hung my head low.

“Aish. Don’t do it again. Don’t make us worried. We thought you were dead or something..” Sooyoung spoke softly to me.

“Mianhae Jinjja. I won’t do it again.” I pouted at them.

“Nu-uh, that so not going to work on us idiot. Now let’s go home. I’m hungry and you Jessica Jung are so going to pay on what we ordered when we get home.”

“Arasso. Arasso.” I said to them. Sooyoung and Yoona high fived. They walked to the car but I see Taeyeon stop her track. She’s showing signal to Sooyoung that she’s coming with me. “You’re coming with me?” Taeyeon nodded.

I start the car engine and ready to drive us off from this place but she stops me. “What’s wrong Taeyeon?”

‘Are you crying for the whole day?’

“No, why would I do that?”

Taeyeon glared at me and she wrote on her notebook with furrowed eyebrows. ‘Don’t lie to me. I know you’re crying. You got puffy eyes when you came out from the car. And you sniff a lot’

“No Taeyeon. I’m not crying.” I shook my head amusedly.

Taeyeon start to give up on questioning me. I start to reverse my car and Taeyeon do it again. She’s showing stopping signal like an aunty who wanted to cross the road. “What is it Taeyeon? I already told you I didn’t cry.”

‘You know that you always have my ears and shoulders right?’

I smiled sadly. She knows me too well. Too well that I can’t even pretend that I’m fine in front of her. “It’s Tiffany.” I smiled sadly and hung my head low. She looks at me and nodded slowly.

“I met her today at the photo shoot. She’s beautiful like she always do and she .. she .. she --” I stop my words when Taeyeon rub my hands and she shook her head slowly. Seems like she know what I’m going to say.

She picked up her notebook and wrote. ‘Don’t push yourself to say it. I know how it feels. Now let’s go home. Let’s continue this at home. Sooyoung and Yoona should hear this too.’

I looked at her and hug her tightly. “Thank you Taeyeon.” She showed her thumbs up.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's POV

Flashback (This Afternoon)

 

Click

Click

Click

“Show me another angle.”

Click

Click

Click

“I’m sorry for interrupting Miss Jessica. The next model will be arriving the next two hours. Her manager asked me to inform you.” The production manager said to her.

“Oh okay. I’ll be in my room if you need me.” She continued taking pictures of her model. “Okay everyone be back in two hours. That’s a wrap for now.” She said to everyone and with that she walked back to her office.

She slump herself down on the chair and sigh heavily. She tapped her fingers on the desk waiting for the next two hours to come. ‘That’s it.’ She picked up her phone and pressed the familiar number.

“Ayo whatsup?” The caller answered

“Where are you?”

“Just finish my shift. Why?”

“Call Yoona and text Taeyeon asked them to meet at Soshi Restaurant for lunch. Which is NOW.” Jessica said while look at her watch.

“Just them? What about me?” The caller said sadly.

“Idiot. Why would I call you if you’re not invited Sooyoung. Tag along with them. All of you must be there within 15 minutes. Who arrived late will pay the lunch. Bye.”

“Yah! Ya--“ Sooyoung shout thru the phone. Jessica hung up and smirked evilly. She grabbed all her stuff and walked leisurely to the restaurant.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Soshi Restaurant

 

“Who be there last, will pay for the food. And it will not be me!” Sooyoung said while run as fast as she can. When she arrived at the front of the restaurant she took deep breathe and walked in. She spotted Jessica sitting alone at the corner of the room.

“Am I on time?” Sooyoung said while settling herself.

“Hmm, you arrived just on time.”

“Really? Fuhh! Thank goodness I don’t have to pay for the food. Now where’s the waiter?”

“Oi. Oi. That our place you’re sitting right now.” Sooyoung turn around and see Yoona and Taeyeon smirked evilly at her.

“Yah! You said I’m on time!”Sooyoung shout at Jessica.

“You didn’t ask me ‘Am I the first one to arrive?’” Jessica showed her poker face.

“NOOOOOOOOO. MY MONEY!!” Sooyoung said dramatically.

“That’s enough shikshin. Pay for the lunch. So let’s eat till Sooyoung’s drop.” Jessica said while browsing thru the menu.

“Hey don’t order the pricey food here. I don’t bring enough money.” Sooyoung confessed.

‘Says the one who owned a café.’ Taeyeon wrote in her note and showed it to them.

Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a piercing ice glare. ‘Sorry. I’m immune with your glare Shikshin.’ Taeyeon wrote.

“Fine. Fine. Order what you want. Since I’m in a good mood today, I will pay for the lunch.” Sooyoung said while pouting.

They ordered their lunch and eat peacefully. They talked and laugh over silliest joke that Yoona and Sooyoung made. Taeyeon shook her head at her dongsaengs silliness and laugh without making a sound. The other three looked at Taeyeon and smile sadly.

“Unnie, I miss your voice..” Yoona state at Taeyeon.

“Yeah Taenggoo. We miss you nagging at us. We miss hearing your ahjumma laugh.” Sooyoung said and sigh heavily.

Taeyeon looked at them and sigh sadly. She took her note which she placed on the table and wrote. ‘One day if I’d strong enough. I will talk again.’

“Okay, enough with this atmosphere. I got something to say.” Jessica said.

They looked at Jessica and anticipated. “Let’s go for a holiday. I'll be taking my day off for the next 2 weeks or maybe more. We need to get out from here. You know, find something new. Maybe find someone new and we can help Taeyeon to talk again.” The other three looks at each other and thinking about Jessica idea.

“Yeah. I think we need to take a break from this thing. Don’t you think Sooyoung unnie?” Yoona asked Sooyoung who busy lighten up her cigarette.

Sooyoung nodded while puffed the cigarette smoke. Jessica looked at Taeyeon who’s deep in her thought. “So Taenggoo, these two brats are in. You?” Taeyeon looked at the other three and sighed heavily. ‘If that my dongsaengs wants, then I’ll go.’ Taeyeon showed her notebook. They high fived to each other and continue eating.

“Eh, Sica-ah why suddenly you invited us for lunch?” Sooyoung asked.

“Just to the kill the time, since my next shoot is in two hours.”

“Usually you will fill your time with sleep Unnie. OMO, unnie what happen to you? Are you sick?” Yoona said while put her palm on Jessica forehead. Jessica gave Yoona her icing glare. Yoona immediately put her hands down and pout.

“I’m okay. Just I’m not in mood to sleep” Jessica said softly. Deep inside her she felt lonely that’s why she invited all of them to lunch. At least they made her happy and smile.

‘This is so not Jessica. Maybe our Jessica has been kidnapped by an alien.’ Taeyeon showed her notebook to Yoona. Yoone nodded and look weirdly at Jessica.

“Unnie. Are you sure you’re okay?”

“Aigoo. Yah. I’m fine okay. Pishh. Hey I need to go since the shoot will start in half hour.” Jessica state and grab her bag. “See you at home.” When Jessica ready to go, Taeyeon tap her shoulder. Taeyeon know something and its bothering Jessica.

‘Sica-ah, you need a ride?’ Taeyeon showed her notebook to Jessica.

“Nevermind. I’m walking. Thank you Taeyeon-ah” Jessica smile sadly and walked out from the restaurant. She walked thru the road and her eyes roaming around the stores along the road. She stop at one familiar shop that she and her past lover used to visit. It’s a toy store. Her eyes roam around the stores sign and memories came flooded in her.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Flashback in Flashback

 

“Jessi look! Its Totoro!” Her girlfriend drag her to the toy store.

“Tiff, it just a Totoro!” Jessica followed Tiffany inside the store. Jessica bulge her eyes when she sees there a lot of Totoro around her.

“OH MY GOSH! They are so cute!” Tiffany said while leaving Jessica along in the store.

Jessica look at her left and see Totoro plushy are smiling at her. “What you looking at? Pishh!” Jessica whisper harshly and punched the doll softly. Jessica went to the counter and wait for her girlfriend.

Jessica picked up and small plushy and start to play with it. “I wondered why Tiffany loved you so much. Should I be you since she pay much more attention to you than me. I know she loved me but she fancy you more.” Jessica pouted and didn’t realize Tiffany was there all the time listening to her talk.

“Don’t tell me you jealous a doll Jessi?” Tiffany chuckled at her girlfriend antics.

Jessica startles and gulped. “Aniyo. Why must I get jealous over a doll?” Jessica said in steady voice.

“I heard you Jessica. Hey. It just a toy that I’d fancy with. There’s nothing more.” Tiffany said sadly and sulked.

Jessica turned around see her girlfriend start to walk away. Jessica walks as fast as she can and grab Tiffany waist. “Babe. Stop sulking. I’m sorry. Now please stop sulking.” Jessica whispered. Tiffany keep sulking didn’t bother to turn around and faced Jessica. “Okay okay. I’d admit I’m jealous over a doll. You pay attention more to him than me but hey that’s fine with me. As long as it can make you happy, I’m totally fine with it.” Jessica assured.

“Really?”

“Yeah. As long as he can make you happy. It’s fine. Plus I know you love me more than him Stephanie.” Tiffany froze every time Jessica called her by her real name. It send chill to her spine every time Jessica called her. “But hey can I be Totoro instead so that you pay more attention to me?” Jessica asked.

“No. You can’t be Totoro. If you're going to be him then who’s going to be you?” Tiffany shook her head cutely.

Jessica smiled at her girlfriend cuteness. “Arasso. Now let’s pay for your buddy here. Shall we baby?” Jessica let go of Tiffany waist and drag Tiffany to the cashier. Jessica pays for the plushy and they walked out from the store.

Tiffany stop her track and it made Jessica stop too. Tiffany pull Jessica closed to her and give Jessica her eye smile. “Jessi. Thank you for this. Mmm I love you.” Tiffany kisses Jessica cheek and blushed.

Jessica chuckled and kiss Tiffany forehead and rub Tiffany’s hair.  “Anything for you baby.  Hey you want to go and grab some ice cream? I heard there’s a new ice cream store three blocks from here.” Tiffany nodded and they walked happily to the ice cream.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Presents Day

 

Jessica smiled sadly at the memories. She shook her head and continue walk to her photo shoot location. As soon as she arrived at the location, she begins to set up her cameras and settling everything while waiting for the model to get ready.

“Miss Jessica. The model is ready.” The workers inform her.

“Bring her in.” Jessica said coldly. She’s busy setting up the camera’s mode and she didn’t realize the model had arrived at the set. The model had been surrounded by the make-up artist and hair stylist who made Jessica didn’t realize who the model is. “We can start the photo shoot now.” Jessica announce while fixing her cameras. As soon as she looked up, she sees the face she’s been wanted to see for the past two years.

‘Tiffany..’

Their eyes met and neither one of them wanted to break away. Jessica stares deep inside Tiffany’s eyes and Tiffany did the same thing. After stare to each other for quite awhile until Jessica decide to break away from the gaze and begins the photo shoot. Jessica hands are trembling and shaking and it results to a very bad pictures. Jessica wanted to go away from here and not facing Tiffany anymore.

But being a professional photographer she decides to put her feelings aside and continue with the photo shoot. God knows how much Jessica wanted to stop this photo shoot. Jessica kept her cold yet blank expression to shows everyone how professional she is. But the truth is she wanted to cried and break down so bad. “Next outfits!” Jessica told the workers.

After Tiffany’s out from her sight. Jessica took a deep breath and let her lone tears come out. She quickly wiped her tears when she heard footsteps come near her. “Miss Jessica you’re okay?” Her assistant asked her.

“I’m fine. Just a bit tired. You know a long day of photo shoot. I didn’t have enough rest.” She said while rubbed her neck.

“Miss Jessica. Here, someone asked me to give it to you.” The workers handed her a can of Red Bull.

‘Red Bull?’ Jessica thought and looked away.

“Throw it away.” Jessica said coldly.

“But Miss Jessica, that someone sai--.”

“I. SAID. THROW. IT. AWAY.” Jessica stated the words one by one in cold tone.

“Yes Miss Jessica.” The workers didn’t throw it away instead he gave it back to the owner. Jessica sighed sadly. “Hey baby.” A deep voice man come and greet Tiffany which made Jessica looked at her and stare at her. "You look beautiful today." Tiffany smile and showed her half-crescent eyes to that man. That man kisses Tiffany’s cheek and hug her tightly. This scene clenched Jessica heart even more. It hurts even more when Jessica knew she’s not the reason behind that smile anymore. 'Will he made you feel like you're invincible with every words he said?' Jessica hung her head low and smile sadly.

Jessica starts to feel weird and uncomfortable with her body. Her head suddenly become light. Her heartbeats pumped even wilder than before. Her hands start to shake because the ‘medicine’ that she took has lost its effect.

“Miss Lee. Can you call Mr. Park and ask him to take over my place. I’m not feeling well.”

“Mr. Park is taking his day off Miss Jessica.”

Jessica sighed heavily. “Never mind, I think I can take it. Ask the make-up artist and the hair stylist to do their job faster.” Jessica retorted at her assistant.

“Are you sure Miss Jessica? You looked really pale. Want me to get you a pain killer or something?” Asked Jessica’s assistant. Jessica shook her head and smile softly to shows that she’s fine.

Indeed Jessica color skin started to change to the paler one. She started to feel cold all over her body. She wanted to scream and cry her heart out. The scenery she saw just now doesn’t help her at all. She needs that ‘medicine’ now but she can’t leave just yet. ‘Take it easy Jess. Take it easy. Control it. Only a few shots more.’ She took a deep breath and started to work on the camera to help her forget the pain.

After awhile, Tiffany came back to the set with no make-up and wearing a white dress. The photo shoot continue. “Miss Hwang, can you please change the way you sit?” Jessica snapped the last picture and announced wrap for today. Jessica let the staff handle the place and she run to her office room and start to find her ‘medicine’.

“Where is it!” She whispered harshly. She look over her desk, drawer, at the shelves still there’s no sign of the ‘medicine’. She started to lays down on the couch inside her room and curled herself. Her legs are giving up on her. She’s too weak to walk nor standing up. How she wishes that Tiffany was with her right now and help her to take this pain away. She rubbed her body to keep the sting away.

She looked around until the sight of her bag caught her eyes. Jessica crawls to where her bag located and started to search for it. “There you are.” She took the syringe and shot it at her veins. She started to calm and every rush in her has gone.

When she’s back to her normal state, she went out from her office room and walk back to the set to pack up her cameras and other stuff. She finished pack up her stuff, turn around and see at the corner of the room, there’s Tiffany and her boyfriend snuggling like there’s no tomorrow. Tiffany saw that Jessica was looking at them and slowly Jessica looked away from Tiffany.

“Miss Lee, clear all my appointments, I need a break from this.” With that Jessica walked out from the location and fastens her steps to her car. She just wanted to get out from there. She drove her car as fast as she can with tears run down on her cheeks. All the pain that she felt for the past two years came to her like a storm and burdening her even more.

“Why! Why! When I want you out from my mind, you came and showed yourself in front of me!” Jessica shouted inside the car. She hit the steering wheels and cried hard. She drove as fast as she can to the cliff and stops her car there. “Why did you do this to me.. Why Stephanie! Why..” Jessica cried hard. She’s totally out of her mind. She doesn’t know what to do nor think about anything. Her eyes slowly become heavy and slowly she dose off to her memory lane.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica's POV

 

TaeSicSooYoong Apartment

 

After pouring everything to them, I felt a bit relieve. They cried along with me. They’re in the same situation. Just like me. Being left without reason, being replaced.

 

Knock .. Knock ..

 

“Come in.” I was busy drying my hair. Sooyoung went and sit at the edge of the bed. She starts fidgeting her clothes. “Something wrong Soo?” I asked her.

“Sica-ah, are you.. mmm.. are you still taking that?”

I furrowed my brows and look at her reflection from the mirror. She seems worried about me. “What’s ‘that’?”

“That medicine. Are you still taking that?”

“Oh. Umm yeah. Why?”

“Why did you take those meds again Jessica? It might not cure you at all. Go and see the doctor.” She said calmly.

“You know I hate hospitals Soo. Plus I’m okay now.” I said to assure her that I’m okay though actually I’m not.

“But you seems addictive to those medicine.”

I went to her and put my hand on her shoulder. “Soo, those meds didn’t make me addictive. I just need them when I truly need them. Well you know to calm me when I’m not.”

“Sica-ah, go for a check-up. I can come with you if you want.”

“No Sooyoung-ah. I promise myself if anything happen to me, I won’t step into the hospital ever again plus .. I’d stop going there after she left me.” I said slowly.

“But Sica-ah, she doesn’t even know what happen to you. She doesn’t even know that you’re sick. Those meds might be harmful to you. You need to go for a medical check-up, not taking those meds. You’re taking those meds that came from where only god knows. You didn’t know what kind of chemicals they put inside it. Stop taking it Sica-ah.” Sooyoung said worriedly. I know she’s worried but there’s no more reason for me to go back and forth to the hospital.

“Arasso.. Arasso.. I will go but without you.” I lied to her. ‘I’m sorry Sooyoung-ah. I don’t feel like going there anymore.'

“You better keep your word Jung. Or else I will drag you there.”

“Arasso..”

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Here you go. Very very long chapter. It's JETI. I decided not to put Hyoyoung past yet. Who's up for some drama, the other 4 girls POV's and the holidays? Till then. Yo peace out.