Chapter 1

Like We Used To

Author's POV

 

Two figure walking around the park where there just two of them. Smiling, laughing, teasing each other, that was a beautiful scenery for her. They walked till they reach at the bridge where she confessed her love to her. The one she love turn around and their eyes met. To her its the most beautiful brown orbs she ever see in her life. Somehow today that brown orbs seems sad and unreadable. It has mixed feelings and doubt.

"Yoong .." She called and stared at Yoona with unreadable expression. Yoona blinked her eyes and give the latter a soft look. "Yoong, lets .. lets break up.." Yoona furrowed her eyebrows and give that person a questionable expression. She start to smile because she think it just another prank from her.

"You must be kidding right ?" Yoona chuckled and stared at her.

"No Yoong, I'm serious." That person let go of her hand and reach out for someone else hand. "I'm leaving you for him. He can give me what you can't give to me." That person said while holding that man hands tightly.

"Yul, you must be joking right ? Aren't you Yul ?" Yoona said with glimpse of hope that Yuri is lying to her.

"No Yoong. I'm leaving." Yoona feel her world start to crash down and everything around her goes to slow motion. "I'm sorry Yoong. It hurts me and I realise that this thing isn't going anywhere."

"What you labelled us as a thing ? Yul what did I do ? What did I do till you wanted to leave me ?" Yoona asked her.

"You did Yoong and it hurts me so bad till I can't bear it anymore. I'm sorry Yoong." Yuri start to walked away from her and wrapped her arms around that man arms. Yoona run to her and catch her wrist.

"What did I do Yul ? Tell me Yul. Tell me. Tell me so that I can fixed it. Tell me." Yoona plead at her and a lone tears escape from her doe eyes.

"You should know what you did Im Yoona and there's no used telling you now, I.. I don't love you anymore and please stop this. I don't need someone who can't give me a family and a happiness that I've been longing for. I'm sorry Yoong." Yuri walked away and left Yoona slowly went down on her knees.

 

*Drip*

 

*Drip*

 

*Drip*

 

 

Rain start to fall. Yoona start to feel everything around her start to goes in slow motion. She's stared at Yuri's way. Hoping Yuri will run back to her and saying it was a joke but there's no one coming from that way. Yoona started to feel her breathe getting shorter and shorter. She clenched her chest hoping that pain will go away.

"Why .. Why did you this to me ?" Yoona said while looked up at the sky. "Why .. Yuri .. Why .. Why ..." She asked all over. "Why Yuri ... Why .. " Yoona look down and let her tears run down from her face. "Yuri .. Yuri .. YURI !!!!!!!!" She screamed out from her lung.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Yoona ah .. Yoona ah .." Yoona bolt up from her sleep after her unnie woke her up. "What's wrong Yoong ?" Her unnie ask her while Yoona's hair. 

"Unn--unnie .." Yoona hug her unnie tighly. "Sica unnie, it hurts.. its really hurts .." Yoona said while crying.

Jessica sigh heavily while rubbing Yoona's back. "I know Yoona-yah .. Shhh Shhh .."

"Unnie , what did I do till she left me .. what did I do .." Jessica didn't answer her instead she keep rubbing Yoona's back till she fall asleep again. Jessica went out from Yoona's room and walked to the kitchen. At the kitchen, a figure sitting on a stool while flipping a boxes of cigarette.

"You're early today ?" Jessica ask the figure as soon as she reach the kitchen.

"I got off early. You're late. Isn't now suppose to be your bed time ?"

"Yes it is. Until Yoona screaming her dream again." Jessica reply sadly.

The figure sigh heavily. "Hows Taeyeon and Yoong ?"

"Tae ? She's still not talking and Yoona .. She keep having a bad dream." She sigh heavily. "What should we do Soo ?"

"If only I know the way to stop this. If only I know the way .." Sooyoung said slowly.

"I'm getting worried about them. Especially Taeyeon. She's not talking with us for almost 2 years. I just don't know what to do." Jessica said worriedly.

"Sica ah, Taeyeon is the one who choose not to talk to us. She keep everything herself. She wanted to show that she's strong enough to keep the pain to herself. I know deep inside her, she wanted to talk but other part of her refused to. All of us need each other at this freaking moment. Now that Taeyeon and Yoona has broke down, and its only left you and me. They need our support Sica-yah. I know that you're hurting inside same goes to me Sica. Lets pray this pain will go away from us. One day, we'll pass through this pain together." Sooyoung convince Jessica.

Jessica sigh heavily and nodded slowly. Sooyoung got up from her stool and went to her bedroom that she shared with Taeyeon.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sooyoung's POV

 

I open the door of my bedroom and see Taeyeon sitting at the verandah. I went to her and sit next to her. I stared at the night view and looked at Taeyeon who seems to be deep in thought. "Taeyeon ah.." I called her. She looked at me and smile sadly. "You okay buddy ?" She nodded and stare at the view again. I heard she sighing and pick up her note book.

'I'm okay Soo .. Don't worry about me ..' She wrote. I stared back at the night scenery. I closed my eyes and feel the night breeze.

 

'I miss you Hyoyeon ..' I thought sadly.

 

I came back to my sense when Taeyeon tap my shoulders and showed me her notebook.

'Do you miss her Soo ?'

"Who wouldn't miss that choding ? I bet you miss her too right ?" I sigh heavily. "I miss her so much Taeyeon .."

'Did you tried talk to her ?' Taeyeon wrote on the notebook.

I shook my head slowly and looked down. My heart didn't fully recover from the pain she gave to me on that day. That day she shattered me into pieces. I snapped myself from remembering it. I take out a cigarette and light it up. To me every smoke that coming out from the cigarette flew away with my memories when I'm with her. I used to smoke before I met her. I remembered how much she hate smokers and she even said that she wanted to strangle the smokers to death every time smokers blow the smoke at her. I smiled bitterly at the memories. 

'Soo why did you smoke again ?' Taeyeon showed me her noteook.

"Its better than taking drugs." I said to her. "Taeyeon ah, why didn't you talk anymore ? You know you can talk to me, Sica and Yoong." I asked.

I can see she smile in pain and wrote on her notebook.

'Its better than crying yourself out.' She smiled sadly and stared the night view again. I sigh again and stared at the night view.

 

'Hyoyeon-ah .. Good night. I love you baby ..' I thought sadly while close my eyes and let the breeze hit my face.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Next Morning ..

 

I woked up and glanced at the bed next to me. Its empty. 'Taeyeon gone to work this early ? I thought she had night shift.' I shrugged and get ready for work. I walked out from my room and I see my Shikshin buddy sitting on the stool while smoking. "Morning Yoong."

"Morning Unnie." She said while puffing smokes.

"Hey slow down a bit will you ? Its been awhile since I see you smoking. Take it easy. You're smoking like eating." I said to her. Yoona and I used to be a heavy smokers back before we meet the one we love. She's like my partner in crime. We did everything together since high school and of course the other two midget. Difference between me and Yoona, Jessica and Taeyeon, we're much more badass than the other two. 

"I know.. It just ughhh .. I dont know .." She sigh and continue smoking. "You're not working today ?" Yoona asked me.

"I'm going. Aren't you suppose to be at your office by now ? Why are you still here Im Yoona ?"

"I don't feel like going. In this kind of state, I don't think I can work like before." She sigh heavily.

"Hey Yoong, since Jessica and Taeyeon has gone to work and if you're bored, you know where to find me." I said to her. Yoona can never be alone. When she's alone, she tend to think too much and it worsen her condition.

"Ahhh, they gone to work already ? I never get to prank them today." Yoona pouted.

'Still the typical Yoona.' I thought. "Hey I'm off to work. Take care." I said goodbye at Yoona and went out from our apartment. This apartment is like a tree house for us. Though each one of us has our own houses. but still we wanted to stay here together. In this condition, what I need the most is them and they need me too.

I take public transportation to works. I work at a cafe. SJ Cafe. It named after my late unnie. My family own this cafe. No one knows except Yoona, Jessica, Taeyeon and the manager that I'm the owner of the cafe. At the cafe, I worked as a cashier though the manager insists. When I arrived at the cafe, I greet everyone and walked to staff room to change my attire to my uniforms.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Time passed and its lunch time. I'm waiting for Yoona and she's late. She never late and that worried me. I continue working and the next customer is the person that I've been waiting for half an hour ago.

"Hello. Can I take your orders ?" I faked smile .to the customer

"Yes. Can I have Caramel Macchiato. With extra caramel."

"Okay miss. One Caramel Macchiato with EXTRA RAT POISON in it!"

"Ahhh unnie. I'm sorry.." Yoona pouted.

"You're late Im Yoona." I said coldly.

"I'm sorry unnie. I was stuck in traffic. Please forgive me. And one Caramel Macchiato with extra caramel please ?" Yoona made her puppy eyes.

"Ara .. Ara .. Go and find a sit for us. Outside okay ? I'll be with you in a minute."

"Okay unnie." Yoona hop to the vacant sit outside the cafe.

After finish taking orders, I picked 6 sandwiches, Yoona orders and iced coffee for me and put it on a tray. "This is our lunch!" I said while adjusting my sit in front of her. 

"Aren't you going to eat ?"

"Let me rest for awhile." I lay my back on the chair and take one cigarette. As I light it up, I feel like someone staring at me. Staring at me like I'm committing a crime. I look up and look to my left and my eyes meet a brown orbs that used to greet me everyday.

 

'Hyoyeon ..'

 

I said to myself quietly. She's stared at me with her eyes full with anger and hatred. I look next to her and see her new love of her life calling her. She looked away from me and look at the men beside her. Kim Joon Hyung. Korean Socialite. Who wouldn't know him ? He's every womens dream including Hyoyeon. Rich, intelligent, what else ? He got the whole package.

They're holding hands and being lovey dovey like a high school kids. I used to be there. Next to her. Holding hands. Being lovey dovey with her. Hyoyeon tends to be clingy with the one she love. She love it when someone kiss her crown head. Guess that one thing he didn't do to her. Hyoyeon look back at me and stare at me like she's throwing me a dagger. I look straight into her eyes and greet her with smile and nodded. I look away and continue smoking the cigarette.

"CHOI SOOYOUNG !" Yoona shout at me.

"Ouch. Yoong! What with the shouting !" I said while rub my ears.

"I've been calling you for several times. What's wrong ? What you're looking at ?" Yoona look to her left and stunned. "Isn't that Hyoyeon unnie ?"

I nodded slowly. I looked up to my left and see her boyfriend open the car door for her. Her boyfriend went driver side and went inside the car. I see her boyfriend kiss her on her cheek and it breaks me even more. They drove away and my eyes followed the car till it fade from my sight.

"It should've been me inside that car .." A lone tears escape from my eyes as I look away.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-TBC-

 

Author's Note : Hows the chapter everyone ? Sorry for the long chapter. Its Hyoyoung. Next chapter maybe I'll post about Sunyeon or Yoonyul. Hope you enjoy reading. Peace.