Six

Petals and Punches

SIX : YOU OWN A MALL?!

“I didn’t bring my money, Luhan,” she went. “Then you’ll borrow mine,” he replied.
“I hate borrowing money, Luhan,” she tried again. “Then you don’t return it,” he responded.
“I didn’t bring my ID or anything. It’s illegal,” she reacted. “Then use mine,” he answered.
“I left my cat on the rooftop,” she retorted. “You are scared of cats,” he snorted and gave her a look.
“I stink. Let’s go back, Luhan,” she pleaded one last time. “Nana, your phone ‘died’ because of me. It’s my responsibility. Now stop whining and creating stupid excuses. We’re already halfway there. And you smell just fine, Nana. Now, shut up,” he responded and Nana was left speechless.

 

She didn’t expect Luhan to be nice, but to actually compliment her; she didn’t see that one coming. In the end, she just replied a ‘whatever’ and Luhan hummed in agreement. They reached one of the huge malls Nana had always wanted to go to and Luhan actually parked at one of the reserved parking. “Em, Luhan, sorry to spoil your fun, but you wouldn’t want to get a freaking ticket for parking illegally,” Nana said as they stepped out of the car. “Nana, sorry to spoil your fun and what’s with you and illegal stuff? It’s my parking spot,” he said as his head pointed towards the fading but still readable yellow paint.

 

It painted Luhan’s car plate and Nana gulped. “Luhan, you…?” Before she could finish asking, he whisked her off her feet and pulled her towards the entrance. Once inside the air conditioned building, Luhan let go of her hand slowly and guided her along the mall. “Yah! Stop being so dazed. You’ve never been in a mall before?” Luhan asked after a while since Nana was quietly gazing at each and every thing in the mall. When she heard his teasing voice, she punched his hand and he blocked it. “What do you know?” She muttered under her breath but it didn’t go unnoticed by Luhan.

 

They reached the floor of electronic gadgets inside the mall’s dominating shopping heaven and it splashed Luhan’s family name. She grabbed on the hem of his shirt and gazed downwards, “Luhan, I can’t do this. I’ll just find another time.” What Nana actually didn’t want to admit was receiving things like she’s some kind of donating centre. “Nana,” his voice firm yet soft, “this is not charity I’m doing. This is my responsibility. Now, let’s go before I grapple you to the ground.” She looked up and saw the twinkle in his eyes. She smirked at him as if daring him to do so.

 

His hand travelled to hers that was gripping his shirt and took a hold of it. Too stunned to do anything with Luhan’s sudden affection and touch, she followed him to the gadgets section. He was greeted with numerous workers addressing him as ‘Young Master Luhan’ but he just dismissed them; either embarrassed or annoyed. The one in charge of the mobile phones approached Luhan as his eyes travelled from one model to another. “Good day, young master. What could I be of service for you today?” The man looked at Luhan with a smile. “I need a new phone, probably similar to mine,” he inquired without even looking up to the male before him. The guy nodded his head and excused himself.

 

In seconds, the guy came back with several boxes and laid them out carefully to present them to Luhan. “What colour do you like, Nana?” Luhan asked as he eyed the models before him and at her. “Um, purple?” She replied, unsure. “Silly Nana. iPhone 5S only comes in space-gray, white-gold or white-silver. Take the white-gold then,” he said without Nana’s consent and sent the guy behind the counter away. She pulled him aside and said in a hushed voice, “that thing is gonna cost me years to pay you back, Luhan!” “Don’t pay me back then. Nana, we went over this. Consider it a celebration to an end to your historical phone,” he said and chuckled. She elbowed him and he winced in pain.

 

“Ouch, Nana, you kicked me there just now and it’s already bruising!” He hissed, but the slight playful tone was still visible and Nana muttered a silent apology. Luhan widened his eyes at the apology because after a month of knowing Nana, the girl never apologized, not even to Yixing. “What?!” She spat at his shocked look but before he could reply, the guy in charge came with the newly purchased phone and handed it with respect towards Luhan. Taking her hand into his once again and the other grabbed for the paid package of a phone, they went out and headed for a different phone shop.

 

“Keep number or change number?” Luhan asked as they reached into a different shop and without missing a beat, Nana decided to change her number, “new.” Luhan obeyed and purchased her a new number which he registered under his name; post-paid and ‘coincidentally’ similar to his number. Nana was speechless until they were already in the car and halfway back to HYU. “Luhan, I don’t deserve this. You being nice, it’s scaring me,” she said as she eyed the new phone she held in her hands like it could break any moment. “Just take it, Nana. Why can’t you do that? It’s the price I pay for being clumsy, that’s it,” he said, and Luhan regretted saying that when in truth, he just wanted to spoil her rotten.

 

Yes, he’s just paying back for being a fool, Nana. Nothing more. Nana nodded and thanked him. Before the conversation went on, Luhan’s phone rang and he picked it up with a swipe of his finger. Nana didn’t mean to pry, but it didn’t seem personal, hence, she just listened to Luhan’s voice while she still could.

 

Nana, no! You can’t fall for him. Just because you feel giddy around him, doesn’t mean you like him! Just because he picks you up and drop you back to your dorm, doesn’t mean he likes you back. Just because he purchased a new phone for you, you go all mushy gooey on him! It’s an unreal fairytale, Nana!

 

“Nana, Nana, hell-o Earth to Shim Nana!” Luhan called out to her several times before Nana snapped out of her mental drama. “Yeah, what is it Luhan? Distracted a little,” she replied. “Siwon hyung just called. He said there’s something about spring festival or something. Saturday’s practice, he’ll brief us all on the matter. Have you ever managed a booth before?” He asked her. Nana had always wanted to be a part of the organizing team, the manager spot, but, no. The other student just pretended like she never existed and the only thing she get to do was help clean the booth after the festivals actually end.

 

“No, Luhan. But I’d love to give it a shot,” she said and he chuckled at her answer. “Well, then, I’ll spread the good word about you to hyung. Then, you’ll be a part of the organizing team,” he replied, a faint smile visible on his lips although his focus was on the roads. They reached G-Hall by dinner time and Luhan debated with himself whether he should ask her for dinner or not. They actually skipped lunch, but Luhan didn’t hear a single complain from the girl. Finally, she stepped out from the car and closed the door with care. At the right moment, Nana’s roommate walked by and stopped at the sight of Luhan.

 

“Luhan!” She shrieked in her bubbly voice and it surprised both of them. “Yura noona?! You’re back?” Luhan replied as he got out of the car and gave the lady a friendly hug. Nana actually blushed at the contact.

 

He’s not hugging you, stupid Nana.

 

She thought as her roommate let go of the boy and pinched his cheeks. “I heard from Yeol that you’re studying here, and here you are! How have you been? 2nd year right?” Yura went on with her questions. “Yeah, I told him last year. Never been better, noona. How about you? Yeah, just started,” he replied. Nana actually felt like a stranger there and wanted to run.

 

“Oh, and that’s my friend, Nana,” he turned towards her. “Nana? Nana! That’s my roommate!” Yura replied as she waved at Nana as the girl who was on the verge of escaping replied with a weak nod. Nana excused herself after thanking Luhan for the day. She didn’t know that Luhan and Yura actually knew each other and no I am not jealous at all. Although they were close enough to hug each other, but no it was just a simple affection. Nana thought a shower could clear her mind and that was exactly what she did. Upon returning, Nana just remembered that she left her bag in Luhan’s car.

 

“Hey, Nana, you forgot this, you silly girl,” a cheery voice came from behind as she pushed Nana into the room. “You left so quickly, Luhan looked like a lost puppy. Never seen that look on his face before, he must like you a lot,” Yura commented as she set Nana’s bag on the floor and sat on the edge of her bed as Nana dried her hair to avoid the elder from seeing her furiously blushing face. “T-that’s nonsense, onnie, Luhan and I, we’re practically like c-cats and d-dogs,” Nana defended herself as she saw the huge grin on Yura’s pretty face. “Ha! Like I could believe that! Here, let me help you,” Yura claimed as she offered to help dry Nana’s hair. Nana loved it when Yura offered her things like a sister would.

 

As Yura started to dry Nana’s long hair manually with a towel, she said, “I’ve known Luhan even before he came here. He’s a friend of my brother; Park Chanyeol, the annoying brat and 10 others. They are the inseparable 12 goons calling themselves EXO; sounded like an alien thingy to me. After they graduated, the boys separated to different places. Some are still together at some places, like Yeol and his two friends; Baekhyun and Minseok; like Luhan and Yixing; like Sehun and Jongin. But some other, departed further, like Kris who went back to Canada dragging Tao along, Suho studied Medicine in the USA. Jongdae and Kyungsoo went off to France, I think.”

 

“I know each and every one of them well. And Luhan is one of the nicest if not in his annoying self, so it’s fine if you guys are together. You two look cute together. Oh, my feels, I cannot!” Yura laughed to herself, imagining the two of them together. “We’re not together, onnie, I told you that already, didn’t I? But are they all still friends?” Nana asked. “Of course they are! Physically, they’re not together, but emotionally, they have a strong bond. Plus, Luhan could survive here because Yixing. You should meet him sometimes. That boy, I’m telling you, is a ball of fluff!” Yura said and spazzed like a school girl.

 

“Zhang Yixing, the Business major guy?” Nana asked aloud and Yura widened her eyes. “Yes, that fluff ball. I see you’ve met him already! Isn’t he just the cutest?” Nana asked and was already done drying Nana’s hair. She handed the girl her towel back and Nana smiled with a small thank you. “Yes, I’m in arts club with Yixing oppa, he’s really kind to me,” Nana said and Yura nodded in agreement, “yes, that is the one then! And he let you call him ‘Yixing’?” Nana nodded and before she could implore more on the question, Yura’s phone rang and she excused herself from her roommate. 



So, I'm back. After a few days. Holiday was great, I just hope that it was longer. I'm so gonna miss home. 

A/N  is going to be short and simple since I'm nervously waiting for my results right now. Oh God *bricked*

Updated; September 21
Edited; Feb 18