Eighteen

Petals and Punches

EIGHTEEN : FEAR

 

“Do whatever you want, Xander oppa! I don’t care. I don’t need Luhan to come and save me,” Nana spat at the figure hovering above her from the stiff wooden chair she was placed on. Bounded with ropes on her legs, wrists and torso, Nana was at her step-brother’s mercy. But of course, there’s the other figure watching her from across the room like a predator; Audrey Woo and whom happened to be Alexander’s accomplice at that moment. Another slap across her face and a menacing cackle from Alexander, Nana felt the salty taste of iron when she her chapped lips.

 

“Nana, Nana, silly little Nana, you shouldn’t say that. You and Luhan are so in love it makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. Like seriously, didn’t I tell you that you belonged to me from the very beginning. My wild, mewling little kitty who was trying to console me before heading to the States, remember that night, baby girl?” Alexander said. Nana shivered at the memory of it and spat the blood she on her lips. “You’re a monster. I trusted you, Xander oppa,” she replied dryly. A fake giggle came from another female voice and Nana didn’t even bother to turn her head.

 

“Nana, you should have known from the very beginning that that was just to gain your trust. I’m actually your half-brother. I mean like, my Mom and I am the original Shim family. But your b*tchy little Mother decided to come along and kicked us out. But, after your s*ut of a mother died of some disease I don’t give a damn about, we just, like, moved back in. Being the rebellious child I am, I kept my step-father’s silly family name and just started plotting my revenge on you Shims ever since,” he paused and left Nana to sit with Audrey on a wornout looking loveseat and continued.

 

“Your beloved Father, was killed by yours truly with your father's very own medicine,” adding an evil smirk, he went on, “he was found overdosed, with the drugs he created; how ironic. Reason of death: suicide. Maybe he was too depressed of his young wife’s death that he decided to follow her to the afterlife. Honestly, everything was made so easy for me and my Mom. Then the money inherited to us and off I went, getting myself busy into one of the most prestigious universities in the States which name I don’t have to mention, you probably couldn’t even pronounce.”

 

“It was you?!” Nana asked, as if disbelieving that someone would keep a grudge for so long and how her father’s death was not actually from depression but a murder, and she was the one who was called a murderer for years and was even sent to juvenile?! Alexander was absolutely someone she never thought he would be. The pounding in her head heightened. So, after all those times, he was just pretending and Nana blindly bowed to his each and every order?! She felt like she herself killed her own parents. “Of course it was my darling who did it, Nana. He’s the best!” The other girl suddenly interrupted their conversation and shoved her tongue down Alexander’s throat. Nana felt like puking at the revolting scene before her.

One thousand and one possible thoughts coursed through the honey-blonde hair guy. He called up most of his friends and they were on their way to his place. While waiting anxiously for them, Luhan looked through the file Minseok sent him once again. He read the particular on the girl who was supposedly dating Yixing to be and it came out way different than the 3 months he and Nana had known her to be. She was actually an arts and performance students; major in acting. She had been living in the States – which was surprisingly the only true fact – and she had been dating Alexander.

 

Luhan could impossibly forget the guy. Although the last time they met was years ago, but, his features never left forgotten to Luhan. Browsing through the file, Luhan thought about how they were all tricked by Audrey and Alexander and that maybe – which Luhan was hoping not happening to his lover – that Nana was with them at the moment. He started nipping on his nails, thinking of the worst possible things that could happen to Nana. The doorbell chimed and Luhan was on his feet and already at the door with the speed of light.

 

He welcomed Minseok, Chanyeol and Baekhyun who came together; worried displaying on all of their faces. They moved in silently as another figure stood among them. “Superintendant Kim Heechul,” the man said with an air of absolute supremacy that Luhan almost stuttered at the man’s appearance against his rank in the department. He held out a hand and stuttered, “Xi L-Luh-han, Sir. Welcome,” the hand was received and Minseok gave Luhan an encouraging pat on his back. “Don’t worry. He’s not all that stuck up.”

 

Luhan felt himself relaxed at the sly smirk the eldest of them all threw at him. “So, what’s the situation?” He demanded as they gathered around Luhan’s workplace. His laptop still displaying Audrey’s file as they looked at it. “Well, I just asked Minseok to run a check up on this girl who is dating our friend at the moment, just to see how worthy she is for Yixing. But turns out that she’s two-timing Yixing; plus, this guy,” Luhan showed Alexander’s picture, “is Nana’s step-brother who happened to have a history with Nana.”

 

“And Nana is missing at the moment. There was this weird phone call and I heard Nana saying: “Don’t save me.” I was thinking that the perpetrator wanted her to say save her instead of don’t save her. She was eventually slapped right after that,” he said and closed his face with his hands. Heechul laid out his own gadgets and asked for Nana’s phone number to trace her destination. “Can’t reach her since her mobile is off; was she driving or went there by public transport?” Heechul asked and Luhan mentioned her car plate number. In a few seconds, something beeped onto the laptop.

 

“She’s around Seo-gu, Daejeon. Have you not received any call yet?” Heechul asked. “No,” and the phone received the cue, “and there it is.” It was not a phone call, but instead, Luhan received a video. Opening the video, he maximized the sound. “Hi, Luhan,” the same voice that Luhan feared drawl his name out, “my beloved Nana is with me and Audrey at the moment. We’re having a little fun with my kitten. So, why don’t you join in the fun and see what we could make out of the party of four.” Cue the menacing laughter. Luhan shivered at the view they were seeing. Nana all tied up and her beautiful face was smeared with blood at the corner of her lips.

 

“Nana, why didn’t you participate that well in the video? You’re like the star of the show! And it was for Luhan. As for now, I’ll just send him our address and maybe we’d have some awesome party.” Alexander whined and slapped her across the face again. Audrey could be seen pouting at the sight of it and decided to join in the slapping spree, “Xander baby, you’re having so much fun scarring her face let me do it too.” “No, stay out of the way, Audrey. She’s my toy!” Alexander whined again and it made Nana feel like spewing her vomit on both of them. She didn’t want Luhan to see her face, she was hurt, she knew it would hurt him and the last thing she wanted to do was to hurt him as well.

 

Audrey withdrew herself from Alexander who seemed to be around Nana most of the time. “And Nana, how did it feel like, dating a flower boy? Was he good in bed?” Alexander asked as he cackled the laughter she hated her whole life with. “That flower boy? Appreciated me more than anything, plus, he is way better than you when I was 15,” and Nana literally spat on his face. “Affectionate as ever, that’s my feisty little b*tch,” and again there went another slap. “What is it about that little Chinese brat, anyway? Is he that good, huh? Hey, I’m asking you, Nana! Is he?!” Alexander bellowed and hit her head, hard. Nana kept quiet and received the beating until she felt the cold steel of a black instrument brush against her face.

 

She was awake with a splash of a bowl of water on her face and Nana gasped. “Wakey, wakey, baby girl. I know you’re awake. Look, look, Luhan is here! And he’s so smart to come alone. I guess my threat was good enough for your coward little deer beau,” Alexander said as he slapped Nana’s face that was dripping wet once again with a gun?! in his hand. “You see Nana, this is my new buddy that I was acquainted to for my final act to end the Shim bloodline. I detest you, your father, your mother, and you all deserve to die. My Mom, didn’t deserve to die in that stupid accident. So, I thought, in exchange for my Mom, I’ll take Luhan’s life in exchange for Mom's. That’s about fair, right, Nana?” Alexander said and at that moment, Luhan came in.

 

“Welcome to the party, Luhan. It’s been a while seeing you. Come on over, I saved a seat for you beside Nana,” her step-brother continued talking on his own as Luhan showed up at the door.  With the coal black gun hanging close to Nana’s temple, Luhan dared to not disobey and carefully approached them. He felt cold sweat trickled down his back and breathed. He had backups, the police followed him. Heechul told him that they’ve surrounded the whole house already and Luhan obediently sat down on the rickety wooden chair beside Nana’s. Nana thought that she was hallucinating as she stared blankly at the figure that appeared to be like Luhan?

 

A small smile spread across her blood-crusted feature as Luhan called her name out softly. “L-L-Luhan, is that really you?” She asked as she felt hot tears pouring themselves out as relief and at the same time guilt washed over her. “Yes, love, it’s me,” and he caressed the face of his lover who had guilt running all over her face. “It’s fine, baby, it’s fine. I’m here for you,” he tried to console her but Alexander obviously was having none of it. "Sit your darn a*s down before I shoot your brain out, brat,” he shouted and clicked the trigger. “Xander, honey, when do I get in on the fun?” Audrey whined from across the room and the first shot was released as Alexander breathed a sigh of relief and Nana screamed on the top of her lungs and shut her eyes. Nana whimpered as Luhan brought her close to him and her breath ragged from what she just witnessed. “They’re coming. I love you, Nana,” Luhan whispered to her and he tried to untie her. “Thank God, been waiting for a long time to do that,” he said as the Alexander’s voice scared the heck out of Nana and she sobbed all the way.

 

“Oh, shut it, Nana. You’ll soon join her as well, and your parents, of course,” Alexander said and his wicked smile told Luhan that the shots didn’t end there as he held his hand out towards the two of them. The sounds of footsteps echoed through the place and Alexander screamed, “I thought I told you that the party is private?!” And another shot was fired as Nana screamed for Luhan’s life. “Freeze! Drop your weapon!” And for the second time that day, Nana out at the sight of Luhan’s blood that was spreading on the middle of his shirt. Oh look, his favourite shirt.  Nana didn't have the energy to fight the fear anymore as her head dropped and Luhan gasped; hands clutching on the red smeared on him.

 



And here, I present you a chapter that might receive an (M) for its content. Violence mostly. I didn't get into much detail since I don't want Xander to look like a total whacko. So, yeah, and I feel sorry for Audrey, my other OC. I really like her name though. Thanks for reading, everyone. The closing date is coming soon. And I have a test coming up. So, might not be able to update any time sooner but I could make the end just in time. Til then, take care, everyone!

Updated; Novermber 17
Edited; Feb 19